Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Massive_Weno View Post
    I hope your right about not being able to take part in the rest of the finals after titans have no more games to play.

So do i Diehard and i believe it was in the NSW premier league too.... Something along the lines of you were able to play finals football if 75% of your games had been played for that particular club. I seem to remember Darren Smith coming under the cloud when he was dual registered for Easts and Broncos.

Yeah silly rule about dual registration and the fact it allows Players from NRL teams to play for their feeder clubs whilst the NRL Comp is on. It effects non Sydney Clubs in that they don't have a Reserve Grade or Lower Grade to be dropped to. Just another rule that shows NRL is really Sydney centric (and unfortunatley the QRL is bound by ARL rules meant for Sydney based clubs!)
    Down there if you are dropped from Penrith NRL team then I surpose it's only fitting you be allowed play for Penrith Reserves , but should the Broncos be allowed to drop players down to Redcliffe for next weeks preliminary final. They wouldn't but if they are dual registered with the Club and Redcliffe it could happen at least until the Broncos season is finished!

Anyway my bet is if Ipswich play like they did last week-end and the Redcliffe hooker , half and centre are playing for the Broncos then Ipswich will beat them!
    Last edited by Old Diehard; 27-08-07 at 03:25 PM.

Kelvenator is right, you must have a team playing in the NRL.

It is a silly rule i guess, but without a reserve grade, teams need that to keep players fit
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Kelvenator is right, you must have a team playing in the NRL.

It is a silly rule i guess, but without a reserve grade, teams need that to keep players fit
    No Coaster - it's not about keeping NRL players fit it's about putting ringins into the Qld Cup at finals time! It's just stupid allowing them to play just because their NRL team has dropped them! It's a rule meant for the Sydney Clubs with their grade teams but it should not have to impact on the teams in the QRL's competition!

The only ones i feel sorry for, are the blokes who got them there in the first place but miss out on a spot in a big game.

Easts played Big Joe, how long has he been there?

BTW he played awesome.
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

QLD Cup Titan

The only ones i feel sorry for, are the blokes who got them there in the first place but miss out on a spot in a big game.

Easts played Big Joe, how long has he been there?

BTW he played awesome.
    You are your right - you have gotta feel for the player who dropped for a ringin. And yeah Joe Guvulova is dead set unlucky , he will never play for his current NRL Club again. And no he would have been disallowed to play in the finals up here as soon as Souths Sydney season is over! Stupid isn't !!!!

In big Joe case he's got to get used to commuting next year. South Sydney will pay him 300K next year apparently but he'll be flying up here to play for Easts!

I would like the Titans to give him 50k, help lighten the load on big Russ.

And he could play with us.

He is going to be up here anyway, we give him 50, Souths pick up the rest of the bill.

QLD Cup Titan

I would like the Titans to give him 50k, help lighten the load on big Russ.

And he could play with us.

He is going to be up here anyway, we give him 50, Souths pick up the rest of the bill.
    Mate, I'm sure Joe Galuvao would like the opportunity. Their is no doubt South Sydney don't want him and for the last couple of weeks he been flying up for training and to play. Not easy for a family man , but I'm sure that's what South's intended so he would think about leaving under his own accord. May be a kick into South Sydney to buy his contract would be a bargain! He certainly didn't drop his bundle or bung on an act, instead he played well. But I did notice he started to put on a bit of a gut! Remember East players normally work during the day and Big Joe seem to gain a pound not training every day!

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Strange that lewis played in the final, i thought u had to play 75% of the season at the club to play in the finals, shane perry is ineligble for the finals for redcliffe even if he was dropped by brisbane cause he's only played a handfull of games, so i'm a little suprised by lewis being their, unless its the gf.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Diehard View Post
    No Coaster - it's not about keeping NRL players fit it's about putting ringins into the Qld Cup at finals time! It's just stupid allowing them to play just because their NRL team has dropped them! It's a rule meant for the Sydney Clubs with their grade teams but it should not have to impact on the teams in the QRL's competition!
    i disagree old diehard. i really don't think cartwright would have thought "well i'll drop lewis so ipswich can win". Fact is he was dropped, and they would have wanted him to play a game rather then sit out a week, while it is unfair, i think the titans would have wanted him to have gametime in case the titans had to beat the storm to make finals and they needed lewis to play if there was an injury.

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons View Post
    Strange that lewis played in the final, i thought u had to play 75% of the season at the club to play in the finals, shane perry is ineligble for the finals for redcliffe even if he was dropped by brisbane cause he's only played a handfull of games, so i'm a little suprised by lewis being their, unless its the gf.
    Yeh Lewis qualified because he was dropped by the Titans. Since the Titans are still playing he can play for the Titans Reserve Grade side which in this case Ipwich qualify as ! Shane Perry I think played the first half dozen games for the Broncos- similiar to the Lewis rule he can still play whilst the Broncos can as it would be considered he has been dropped to the Broncos reserve grade.
    As I have said the rule is meant for Sydney based Clubs as they have lower grade sides to drop NRL players down to but the Broncos, Storm, Titans and Warriors don't have reserve grade sides. I think you could say NQ Cowboys have a reserve grade in the NQ Young Guns (which dissolve next year due to the NRL's U20's comp).

It's all clear as mud ! Their is no solution as QRL clubs need to be NRL feeder clubs for the sake of giving their players a career path to the NRL. Suits the NRL- confuses us!

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvinator View Post
    i disagree old diehard. i really don't think cartwright would have thought "well i'll drop lewis so ipswich can win". Fact is he was dropped, and they would have wanted him to play a game rather then sit out a week, while it is unfair, i think the titans would have wanted him to have gametime in case the titans had to beat the storm to make finals and they needed lewis to play if there was an injury.
    Mate you misunderstood me NO WAY would John Cartwright have dropped Lewis or any player just so the feeder clubs could win a final. Cartwright definitely dropped him because he felt Lewis wasn't playing well enough. No my complaint is Lewis could play for Ipswich simply because whilst the Titans were fielding a team in the NRL comp Lewis was deemed to be playing for their reserve grade (Ipswich Jets).

I have the greatest respect for John Cartwight and the coaching staff. In fact the Searle's Titans Management have been great for the game and the Coast.

IT'S JUST THE STUPID RULE THAT ALLOWED LEWIS TO PLAY IN SUDDEN DEATH FINAL .
    Last edited by Old Diehard; 27-08-07 at 09:17 PM.

sorry if i misunderstood you old diehard. but the fact is he had to play a game of footy somewhere. what if the titans had beaten sharks and preston got injured? lewis would probably need to play nrl and he would have had the week off if he couldn't play qld cup.

i agree he shouldn't have been able to play, but i think it would have been a request from the titans rather than iposwich stacking their side.