10. Ben LAITY
    9. Trent YOUNG
    8. Cameron DURNFORD
    Interchange:
    14. Isaac KAUFMANN
    15. Damian DURNFORD
    16. Tom MacGOUGAN
    17. Damian PETRIE
    Last edited by Queenslander; 25-08-07 at 04:06 PM.

GO Ipswich Jets!!

I Share the same Birthday as Darren lockyer- 24/03
    TITANS 08 BRONCOS 08

One of the best rugby league games played this year by far! I suggest everyone to watch this game on ABC2 on Thursday night....you won't be disappointed!

The final score is Jets 18 - Tigers 16

The Jets won all thanks to the Titans own Josh Lewis. He provided not only the winning 40/20 kick; he also provided the grubber into the tryline to setup the final try and kicked the final conversion.

Wow what a game of footy.

JOSH LEWIS is a LEGEND

What a game from him, that was simply amazing.

Samou was also outstanding in those conditions, and proves without doubt he IS a fullback.

Great game i got goosebumps.

If anyone missed it, Lewis was the best player on the park by 100 miles.

Down by 4 points with 2 min to go, in what could only be decribed as a mudbath, Lewis tries the short side, runs out of room, takes a step backwards, and kicks the best 40/20 you will ever see.

From the scrum they take 2 hitups, then Lewis chips to his winger, who scores to level it, Then Lewis kicks a goal from the sideline, in mud up to his ankles, to win it

Unbelievable, anyone who doubts this kid, needs to watch this game, he is quality all over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

My God That was the best QLD cup game I have probably ever seen!!! What an ending! Always good to watch a game in a pool of mud, the determination was there, great to watch! Josh Lewis was awesome! Great 40/20!

GO THE MAROONS!

QLD Cup Titan

Couldn't agree more- WHAT A GAME! WHAT A KNOCK-OUT SEMI FINAL.

How good was it considering it was an old fashioned Mud Match - fair dinkum they came off the field looking like the Norm on the NRL trophy!

20 sec left to score a try to equalise and a kick after the hooter to win.

Congulations to both sides for the quality of the game! Terrific win in the end to Ipswich.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Dee View Post
    My God That was the best QLD cup game I have probably ever seen!!! What an ending! Always good to watch a game in a pool of mud, the determination was there, great to watch! Josh Lewis was awesome! Great 40/20!

Was a great game, but still doesnt beat the QLD Cup GF from 2004 IMO.(close second)

One of the best games i have ever seen, in any level of League
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Was a great game, but still doesnt beat the QLD Cup GF from 2004 IMO.(close second)

One of the best games i have ever seen, in any level of League
    Yeah that 2004 Grand Final was special- Burleigh over Easts by scoring a try not a ****y field goal 17 minutes into extra time .

But I also liked the Grand Final from the year before - does anyone remember that one between Ipswich and Redcliffe where the 2 captains fairly ripped into each other after coming together in the first tackle. One of the best biffos in a Grand Final in a long time!

OUR QLD CUP- IT'S TERRIFIC!

See ya all at the Grand Final on 15th Sept- it's during the day too so if you can't make it have a barbie with ya mates because you can't do that with the NRL being on a Sunday night! Tough luck for the New South Welchman they don't get to see the real Grand Final on telly down!!!!

Can't believe I missed this game. I have watched most of the games on ABC this year, and one of the few that I miss turns out to be a ripper! Anyone feel like taping it and sending it to me?

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Can't believe I missed this game. I have watched most of the games on ABC this year, and one of the few that I miss turns out to be a ripper! Anyone feel like taping it and sending it to me?
    Mate I don't have a DVD recorder or Video or I would - it'll be shrown on Fox on Tuesday Arvo I suspect and ABC2 on Thursday night. If you have a mate that can record the game from one of those replays do it! You know the score but you'll still enjoy it!

Great game and all and what Josh Lewis did was absolutely outstanding. To be running forward, have the mindset to know your over the 40metre line so you step back and unleash with a huge 40-20 is brilliant. HOWEVER!!!

if i was an Easts fan i would be furious. How was it at all possible that Josh Lewis was able to take part in that game?!? I thought the QRL use to have rules that if you had played NRL and QRL that you had to have played a certain percentage of games in the QRL to be eligible for their finals! That was only Josh Lewis' 2nd game for the club.

So does this now mean that if the Jets win again next weekend that they stack their side full of titans for the next semi and the grand final? well going by todays game we might see Chris Walker (who under the rules i remember might actually be eligible), Jake Webster and a few other players turn out!

I would not only be unhappy as an easts fan but what about the Jets 5/8 who lost his spot? Not fair in my opinion!

Now i enjoy watching the QRL and think it is a great comp but i believe there should be rules in place that should ensure Josh Lewis was able to take no part in this game at all. I hope someone can clarify with me how this was allowed or we are about to see these finals turn into a farce.

Massive, I am an Easts fan, and I've already had a whinge about Lewis' inclusion as being a ring-in on another thread. I can't see what is stopping them playing Walker, Bailey, Rogers, Laffranchi, Friend, Swain, Prince, Campbell etc. the week after next if they get there.

Having said that, it was a great game, and Lewis was brilliant. Not sure why he isn't wearing blue, yellow and white, but he should be next week, though no doubt they'll keep him down since the Jets have more to play for than the Titans.

I really wish the Tigers would stop making a habit of losing thrillers though...

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Quote Originally Posted by Massive_Weno View Post
    Great game and all and what Josh Lewis did was absolutely outstanding. To be running forward, have the mindset to know your over the 40metre line so you step back and unleash with a huge 40-20 is brilliant. HOWEVER!!!

if i was an Easts fan i would be furious. How was it at all possible that Josh Lewis was able to take part in that game?!? I thought the QRL use to have rules that if you had played NRL and QRL that you had to have played a certain percentage of games in the QRL to be eligible for their finals! That was only Josh Lewis' 2nd game for the club.

So does this now mean that if the Jets win again next weekend that they stack their side full of titans for the next semi and the grand final? well going by todays game we might see Chris Walker (who under the rules i remember might actually be eligible), Jake Webster and a few other players turn out!

I would not only be unhappy as an easts fan but what about the Jets 5/8 who lost his spot? Not fair in my opinion!

Now i enjoy watching the QRL and think it is a great comp but i believe there should be rules in place that should ensure Josh Lewis was able to take no part in this game at all. I hope someone can clarify with me how this was allowed or we are about to see these finals turn into a farce.
    I agree that he shouldn't have been able to play. He only played one gamne for the Jets and that was the week b4, but i heard that he would only be eligible to play as long as the Titans were still playing NRL, so after this week i think he is out. It is rediculous though, to allow a player who has played one game to play finals.

You know you raise an interesting point, from memory, I believe there used to be such a rule. It would be fair.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

agree that he shouldn't have been able to play. He only played one gamne for the Jets and that was the week b4, but i heard that he would only be eligible to play as long as the Titans were still playing NRL, so after this week i think he is out. It is rediculous though, to allow a player who has played one game to play finals.
    I hope your right about not being able to take part in the rest of the finals after titans have no more games to play.

You know you raise an interesting point, from memory, I believe there used to be such a rule. It would be fair.
    So do i Diehard and i believe it was in the NSW premier league too.... Something along the lines of you were able to play finals football if 75% of your games had been played for that particular club. I seem to remember Darren Smith coming under the cloud when he was dual registered for Easts and Broncos.