Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    I'm with you Chaos. On top of that as good a season as Minichiello is having he was guilty of 2 awful missed tackles that led to tries last week when he was left grasping at thin air when players got just to his outside.

I feel that was becuase they were defending wrong, forwards should never slide IMO. I have watched that game 3 times now, and there is no mistake the forwards are sliding instead of 'up and in'.

To make matters worse the outside backs were coming 'up and in'

Players were getting in each others way, and nobody was talking.

Lanfrancri will hold the ruck together hopefully, and give more confidence to the players around him. Then guys like Mini and Swain can concentrate on line speed, and aggression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I feel that was becuase they were defending wrong, forwards should never slide IMO. I have watched that game 3 times now, and there is no mistake the forwards are sliding instead of 'up and in'.

To make matters worse the outside backs were coming 'up and in'

Players were getting in each others way, and nobody was talking.

Lanfrancri will hold the ruck together hopefully, and give more confidence to the players around him. Then guys like Mini and Swain can concentrate on line speed, and aggression.

Fair point Coaster. You must be a glutton for punishment though watching that game 3 times. It hurt like hell watching it once!!!!!

Minichello did miss a few tackles but i think this was due to his workrate with laffranchi back this eases the pressure around the middle of the rucks on mini

any ideas who will be at hooker? im pressuming hilder will be? or maybe preston will get moved there and hilder back into the halves?

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt_Beno View Post
    any ideas who will be at hooker? im pressuming hilder will be? or maybe preston will get moved there and hilder back into the halves?
    Surely they trained someone else in hooker other then Friend during the week...I'd assume Preston would have stayed at 5/8 otherwise all backline plays would be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Souths'n'Titans View Post
    No...you guys are now seeing the REAL Mini.

He is a disgrace of a player.
    Aren't you a good judge of the game.
    Maybe the Titans should hire you to recruit young talent!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Aren't you a good judge of the game.
    Maybe the Titans should hire you to recruit young talent!
    I would be bitter also, after we have been given what is it now 4 attempts at the NRL, and they have been trying to kick souths out every year since 1998

I would have no idea why?

maybe the nrl have mental pictures

Hmm let me think

vs

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Thumbs up Welcome Mat for a vital clash

Source: www.goldcoast.com.au

Luke Turgeon

27Jul07

GAMEBREAKER Mat Rogers is set for a shock return to the Gold Coast Titans backline for tomorrow's must win encounter with Souths.

The star centre was not named in the side to take on the Rabbitohs earlier this week but The Bulletin understands Rogers will suit up for the Gold Coast after recovering well from an extensive training run on Tuesday.

With his left knee heavily strapped, Rogers chimed into backline movements and looked dangerously sharp just four weeks after fracturing his kneecap against the Warriors.

Rogers was pencilled in to be out for six weeks. But a vigorous rehabilitation program under trainer Billy Johnstone has the dual international on the verge of an early comeback.

Rogers will be assessed further at a field training run today and at this stage will travel with the rest of the team to Sydney.

"We will check him (today)," said coach John Cartwright yesterday.

"We will give him as long as it takes.

"He is in consultation with the doctor and the physio and Mat will make a decision (if he will play) either (today) or Saturday."

The return of Rogers is a massive boost for the Titans, who also regain tireless backrower Anthony Laffranchi, as they aim to snap a four-game losing streak. The 31-year-old will add much needed experience and guidance to the Titans backline with co-captain Scott Prince still sidelined with a collarbone injury. Cartwright said Prince was still a week away from making his comeback.

"He is getting close but we have just got to keep him in cotton wool," said Cartwright.

"If it was the last game of the year and we had to win, maybe we would play him but we have still got a lot of footy to play."

Before Rogers' injury, he had amassed 12 line breaks to be ranked the third most elusive player in the NRL.

Only flying winger Matt Petersen, who played outside Rogers before he too suffered a knee injury, has scored more tries for the Titans.

Rogers is also the club's leading points scorer (72), having kicked 20 conversions to add to his eight-try haul so far this season.

It is unclear whether Rogers will resume his goal kicking responsibilities this weekend.

Gold Coast-product Clint Amos has been called into the squad for suspended hooker Nathan Friend.

Prop Michael Hodgson is a chance to make his comeback from a knee injury should big man James Stosic succumb to an ankle injury suffered at training on Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

great news, matty adds that X factor

Just last night on channel ten news Mat all but ruled himself out of the upcoming game, I am glad he has changed his mind.

Coaster that above post was a pisser. Give yourself a pat on the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Titan One Clubman

Caption Time..

Rabbitohs fans were so confused at being a chance of making the top 8 (A feeling unkown to most fans) that they didn't know how to react- AAP

Comeon Girls thats enough already...:hissyfit" :dummyspit:

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

mat rogers was on the news saying that he wont be playing, it is still sore to run on so if somebody hit his knee he would be worried it would fracture again.
    pity. any news on the hooker yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt_Beno View Post
    any news on the hooker yet?
    She's cheap and dirty mate, I'd steer clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo