Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I think this forum just needs a good dose of myxomatosis .......
    Thats pretty funny Ryan...but they're not all bad.

congrats to bailey on last nights performance. he was inspirational, off the top off my head i can remember 3 occassions when he was the first of the chasers to get there. and im pretty sure he only had about a 2 or 3 minute break the entire game. big achievement for the old boy haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt_Beno View Post
    congrats to bailey on last nights performance. he was inspirational, off the top off my head i can remember 3 occassions when he was the first of the chasers to get there. and im pretty sure he only had about a 2 or 3 minute break the entire game. big achievement for the old boy haha.
    Bailey has been one of the buys of the year and I remember arguing with St George supportors over Bailey's ability at the start of the season.
    Some of the Dragon supportors were rating every forward they had over Bailey.

we'll you have proven them wrong haha

This could be a reason why Badger didn't like the Titans on Saturday night

Badger admits wrong call on jersey request
    Steve Mascord

Referee Gavin Badger said last night he had learnt his lesson after being carpeted for asking Gold Coast officials for a signed jersey before Saturday night's game against South Sydney.

Club chief executive Michael Searle made an official complaint to Telstra Stadium's ground manager and the NRL over the request, which could still lead to Badger being dropped from first grade.

League chief operating officer Graham Annesley said Badger's bizarre request was naive and inappropriate.

The referee told The Courier Mail: "I'll go with what Graham has had to say about it. It's something that shouldn't have happened and I've learnt my lesson."

Badger was handed the jersey at the ground on Saturday night by a member of the Mascot under10's team he helps coach, with the request for autographs.

He passed the request on to Titans staffer Scott Clark who, Badger told the NRL, said it would be "sweet". In an email to Annesley yesterday it is understood Badger said the youngster was "distraught" at the controversy and had changed his view of the Titans club.

Searle ordered the jersey to be returned to the referee unsigned and Annesley said: "I have spoken to Gavin and Michael Searle.

"Although the circumstances are not as clearcut as has been portrayed, it was inappropriate and naive of Gavin Badger.

"He was just trying to help a young fan out and was well-intentioned but he was very naive to do what he did when he did.

"We will be discussing the issue further with him tomorrow and consider what action to take."

The Titans were unhappy with several of Badger's decisions, including his call to put Souths backrower David Fa'alogo on report in the 17th minute for using a forearm, but not penaliszing Souths.

The Titans' top-eight hopes appear to be dwindling rapidly after their fifth straight loss.

The injury-hit newcomers welcomed back Mat Rogers and Anthony Lafranchi but lost utility Matt Hilder with a knee injury.

Scott Prince (sternum) is not expected to be available to meet the West Tigers on Saturday but the Titans skipper seems to be their best hope of reversing form.

The Courier Mail
    Last edited by Queenslander; 30-07-07 at 09:13 AM.

Hmm interesting, it certainly seemed on the night he had a vandetta against us, at one stage i was physicly laughing at the one sided calls going against us, even 3rd ref Harrigan was trying his hardest to reverse decisions.

I hope he does get the sack, the refereeing this year has been nothing short of a disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Bailey has been one of the buys of the year and I remember arguing with St George supportors over Bailey's ability at the start of the season.
    I never did and I wished we had kept him on our books, he has certainly lifted his game the last few weeks especially when they needed it. It was also good to see Presto go better also. Cannot wait till next week when we have Prince and Friend back on deck.

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

His try on the weekend was an example of Bulls determination and drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Obviously these blokes are the dimwits who give us all a bad name... Bailey was our number 1 forward by far... Ryles was almost up with him, but made too many silly errors (he has cut back this year thankfully). Bailey has stepped up another notch this year though, and he is playing phenomenal footy. We have truly missed his leadership in our inexperienced pack, and he, along with Scotty Prince, is definately your best signing.