Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Saddam being caught in 2003 was "Mission Accomplished"
    Wrong!

'Mission Accomplished' was declared about 6 months before Saddam was caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Wrong!

'Mission Accomplished' was declared about 6 months before Saddam was caught.
    When Saddam was de-throned? When they captulated Bahgdag? The point of removing Saddam from power was successful whether he was in custody or not.

Yes, facts like how long it takes to recover from captulation

I've noticed you have captulated the word captulated into most of your captulating posts. Is it your own word of the week?

haven't you learnt anything from history? Might be time to turn the radio off and give the newspapers a rest.
    I've learnt something from modern history ie. you don't have a clue what you are talking about. But maybe I should just make up my own history as you seem happy to do. Someone must have photoshopped the big "Mission Accomplished" sign hanging on the aircraft carrier behind GWB in May 2003. And the lying radio must have put the words into GWB's mouth. Or was that me too?

Saddam being caught in 2003 was "Mission Accomplished", no-one said a revolution was gonna happen overnight.
    Please feel free to post more ill-informed comment.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post

I've noticed you have captulated the word captulated into most of your captulating posts. Is it your own word of the week?

I've learnt something from modern history ie. you don't have a clue what you are talking about. But maybe I should just make up my own history as you seem happy to do. Someone must have photoshopped the big "Mission Accomplished" sign hanging on the aircraft carrier behind GWB in May 2003. And the lying radio must have put the words into GWB's mouth. Or was that me too?

Please feel free to post more ill-informed comment.
    Sorry, I misspelled it - Capitualation.
    Maybe I should have linked it to wiki or something so you could understand the meaning in this context?
    Just what do you expect should happen after one country takes over another and removes it's government?
    After decades of being rulled under Tyranny, how quick should a civilization respond to Democracy?
    Mabey in your 'modern history wisdom' you could actually answer some questions and provide some sort of back-up - you seem to be good at avoiding that for some reason......
    Then again, it is alot easier to deem the other person ill-informed and change the subject rather than find some credential for your own argument......
    If your basing your argument on what you've heard on the 'lying radio', then it's no-wonder why your struggling to come up answers or reason.

Titan One Clubman

Shouldn't an Election poll thread have something like a poll.. Just a though

Quote Originally Posted by Social Loafer View Post
    Your thinking logically now. Piss off outta here, clearly your thought process is not inline with politics.

P.S. Is it true if you get a conviction you don't have to vote? Like just a guilty of assault and no more forced freedom to vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Since when does thread-jacking bother you?
    Shouldn't you be in another thread defending AIS like a good Canberra resident?

*Contribute to the Hi-jack or piss-off

It was original thread for posting the latest polls.

Do you reckon we should have a poll for political support? I'm not sure if we should. We could make it private, so it was just statistics and not names.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    It was original thread for posting the latest polls.

Do you reckon we should have a poll for political support? I'm not sure if we should. We could make it private, so it was just statistics and not names.
    Go on, do it! I dare you not to make it private!
    The off season is going to be borring, let the political brawl begin
    Make sure you put Warrick Cappa in there just for some popularity relevance

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Go on, do it! I dare you not to make it private!
    The off season is going to be borring, let the political brawl begin
    Make sure you put Warrick Cappa in there just for some popularity relevance
    Hahahaha.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Hahahaha.
    Sarcasim?

You read far to much into things. But I guess it keeps you entertained.

I was laughing because I found your post funny.

You read far to much into things. But I guess it keeps you entertained.

I was laughing because I found your post funny.
    Your right, it does keep me entertained. But only to an extent, that's why I have to 'spice it up' abit sometimes.

Mabey I was reading into your avatar too much, thinking your taking on the Bruce Willis character and showing no emotion. Couldn't tell whether that laugh was dry or not

Sorry, I misspelled it - Capitualation.
    Maybe I should have linked it to wiki or something so you could understand the meaning in this context?
    I know you misspelled it 'cause I kept seeing it misspelled. That doesn't bother me at all, but if you want to challenge me over it's context.
    that is ofcourse if Iran can resist it's captulation of a defenceless Iraq
    Do you need more? Take your own advice and go to Wiki. Apology accepted!

Just what do you expect should happen after one country takes over another and removes it's government?
    Again, your words, not mine, suggest America has invaded and removed its govt, thus "taken over" another country. Would you call that an invasion? Isn't that what you are worried Iran might do?

After decades of being rulled under Tyranny, how quick should a civilization respond to Democracy?
    If they were happy about it, I would think pretty bloody quickly! We'll know as soon as Johnny the Tyrant Dictator is voted out how quickly the workers of Australia will respond with glee!

Mabey in your 'modern history wisdom' you could actually answer some questions and provide some sort of back-up - you seem to be good at avoiding that for some reason......
    Give me the question again. I fear I lost it in all your waffle.

I said,
    Either way, I'm still supporting K-Rudd. Being mates with the Chinese PM sounds like a good idea for regional security to me!
    You replied,
    So now you wanna credit Rudd for developing relations with China?
    Who's putting words in who's mouth?

If your basing your argument on what you've heard on the 'lying radio',
    Hmmm, I wonder which one might be a better source of information.... you or the radio. According to you, "Mission Accomplished" refers to the
    When Saddam was de-throned? When they captulated Bahgdag? The point of removing Saddam from power was successful whether he was in custody or not.
    Or am i putting words into your mouth again? And "captulated" is out of context again. Wiki says so! Or do I need to provide more back-up to this claim?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I know you misspelled it 'cause I kept seeing it misspelled. That doesn't bother me at all, but if you want to challenge me over it's context. Do you need more? Take your own advice and go to Wiki. Apology accepted!

Again, your words, not mine, suggest America has invaded and removed its govt, thus "taken over" another country. Would you call that an invasion? Isn't that what you are worried Iran might do?
    ?

My understanding of 'capitulate' is 'To give up resistance'. (I didn't actually refer to wiki)
    Saddam fled his Capital city to hide, and alot of his army surrended west of Iraq. Thats why I say he capitulated to the US.

"that is ofcourse if Iran can resist it's captulation of a defenceless Iraq"

Thats my bad, poor wording, ****-about-face if you will
    I take it you understood what I meant though. That a defenceless Iraq would have to capitulate to Iran. I am worried about Iran gaining more power by taking control of Iraq.

If they were happy about it, I would think pretty bloody quickly! We'll know as soon as Johnny the Tyrant Dictator is voted out how quickly the workers of Australia will respond with glee!
    In good spirit, I will pay that remark

Give me the question again. I fear I lost it in all your waffle.
    What do you think will happen in Iraq if all troops are immediately withdrawn?
    How long do you think it will take Iraq to recover from International war and Civil War?
    How long do you think the revolution of government in Iraq will take?

I said,
    Quote:
    Either way, I'm still supporting K-Rudd. Being mates with the Chinese PM sounds like a good idea for regional security to me!

You replied,
    Quote:
    So now you wanna credit Rudd for developing relations with China?

Who's putting words in who's mouth?
    Take note of the question mark - It was a question.
    Your statement could have been taken in different ways.

Hmmm, I wonder which one might be a better source of information.... you or the radio. According to you, "Mission Accomplished" refers to the Or am i putting words into your mouth again? And "captulated" is out of context again. Wiki says so! Or do I need to provide more back-up to this claim?
    I'll happily reference any statement I make, without the use of wiki or anything less like the radio.
    The Original Mission was to dethrone Saddams Regime:
    "Our forces have been given a clear mission -- to end a regime that threatened its neighbors and the world with weapons of mass destruction, and to free a people that had suffered far too long."
    Saddam's Regime no longer has control, and despite the Civil War between the Muslims and still not having their own effective government, technically - they are free!
    So thats what I'm refering to when I say "Mission Accomplished".

The actual term 'capitulated' wasn't totally out of context, because troops did surrender. But my wording was piss-poor, and there is probably is a better definition being that not all troop surrendered.
    "When they captulated Bahgdag?" - Meaning "When Saddams Army (they) capitulated (gave up resistance of) Bahgdag."

Geting back to the original argument, this is where I stand:

Iraq is currently in Anarchy, there is no effective government that has control of the country. Armed troops need to stay in Iraq to provide security so an effective government can be established. You can not give a time frame on how long this will take. Full withdrawl troops out of Iraq will only make the situation worse and allow for Iran to take control - It is the most powerful military in the region.
    Australian should continue it's support for the US like we committed to from the start. Thats why I condemn Rudd for taking the easy way out and advertising pulling troops out of Iraq for election pruposes.
    Last edited by Ryan; 10-09-07 at 06:41 AM.