Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

When it rains it pours right?

You can either laugh or cry, so I laugh. I watch Denan Kemp quite a lot in Q Cup and if finds a gap goooone. With all these injuries maybe Sammy Thaiday will get a run.

Ah well, at least they will have better defence in his absence.

So that is Lockyer, Tate, Hodges and Hunt on the sidelines, four Origin players.

You'd have a right to be cut if you were a Broncos fan.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

FINAL SCORE
    Brisbane Broncos 16
    Tries: Darius Boyd, Shaun Berrigan (2)
    Goals: Corey Parker (2/3)
    Parramatta Eels 20
    Tries: Krisnan Inu, Nathan Hindmarsh, Ian Hindmarsh
    Goals: Krisnan Inu (4/4)

And the oscar goes to..............Jarryd Hayne for his wonderful and exciting performance as a dead man for 20 seconds which killed momentum for a team that was certain to score...

But anyways the Broncos did play well and it was a solid loss and they will take alot of it and hopefully improve for next week against the sharks.

Geez Jarryd Hayne gets "injured" a lot. Maybe he is not tough enough to play first grade.

despite the loss the broncos played very well to only get within 4 points when a lot of people thought they would be in with a bigger margin
    hodges expected back this sun so expect more firepower in the backs
    Last edited by HodgoBerro; 24-07-07 at 08:46 PM.

I was impressed with Brisbane's near come back.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

berrigan had one of his best games since the gf it was great to proudly hold the SUPER BERRO sign after he scored the 2nd try

Junior

I agree with you HodgoBerro- Berrigan played fantastically last night! He always seems to step up to the plate and get the Broncos out of trouble when they are doing it tough. They were very unlucky to lose last night. Maybe if Petro hadnt gone off with an injury in the dying stages they might have pulled a broncos special out of the bag. They are really going to miss Berro next year! I wonder who will be their new Mr Versatility next year? Even though I am a dedicated Titans fan I used to and still do follow the Broncos and Cowboys as long as they arent playing the Titans.
    GO THE QLD TEAMS:woot: :woot: :woot:

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I was impressed with Brisbane's near come back.
    Really? I was more disappointed with the Eels near capitulation. They had ample time and opportunity to open up in the last 20-25 of the first half and put 30 on 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

i was a bit disapointed with haynes 'dive' because of his soccer moment it killed momentum now hes saying that wayne bennett is disrespectful *shakes head in disgust*

Quote Originally Posted by HodgoBerro View Post
    i was a bit disapointed with haynes 'dive' because of his soccer moment it killed momentum now hes saying that wayne bennett is disrespectful *shakes head in disgust*
    Haynes got smashed by Thaiday when he went in to tackle him, he did well to get up after that. He hit him and got slammed back on the ground, tackle gone wrong. Bennett......*shakes head in disgust* :dummyspit:

i watching the replay before with a friend of mine who has played rugby n has had his fair share of knock outs there was nothing in the tackle his head actually hit sammys torso not the hip bone if hayne wants to fake an injury he should play soccer in brazil

Whether Hayne played that up or not we'll never know. I'm not fan of Hayne but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt considering he and Thaiday (of all the firebrand forwards to chose from) did a small scale reenactment of a person in the wrong place at the wrong time during The Running of The Bulls in Spain.

Yes it slammed the breaks on the momentum the Broncos had and took away any numbers they had on the defense getting back, but if Hayne was able to thinking that bloody quick to play dead as opposed to hanging on too long and spending 10 in the bin, he deserves to have gotten away with it.

He was also moved from fullback to the wing after that, which suggests he might have suffered a knock.

Either way Wayne Bennett should have chose that part of the press conference to pull out his usual tight lipped, grumpy old arrogant fart persona and just STFU about it. He mentioned that the ref wasn't a medical expert and couldn't be blamed for believing Hayne, so does that mean Wayne IS a medical expert and knows for certain he was calling wolf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

the ref did some very sus calls i must admit