Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by HodgoBerro View Post
    i watching the replay before with a friend of mine who has played rugby n has had his fair share of knock outs there was nothing in the tackle his head actually hit sammys torso not the hip bone if hayne wants to fake an injury he should play soccer in brazil
    When I play footy if you went to tackle somebody the way he went in and and got smashed like that 9 times out of 10 you were the one to get hurt.
    If you look closley you will see Thiaday leg rising when Haynes went to make the tackle.

thaidays leg that rose is a normal human reflex when you run one foot after the other as for hayne have a look where sammys stomach is n where haynes head is in proportion

Quote Originally Posted by HodgoBerro View Post
    thaidays leg that rose is a normal human reflex when you run one foot after the other as for hayne have a look where sammys stomach is n where haynes head is in proportion
    I'll agree there was no intent to injure in what Thaiday did, if thats whats being suggested. But even if Thaiday's stomach was the point of contact for Hayne's head, while Thaiday might not have the rock hard abs of some players, I'd still opt out of the collision if given the chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    I'll agree there was no intent to injure in what Thaiday did, if thats whats being suggested. But even if Thaiday's stomach was the point of contact for Hayne's head, while Thaiday might not have the rock hard abs of some players, I'd still opt out of the collision if given the chance.
    well said CS i highly doubt sammy intended to "injure" jarryd but whether it was real or he acted out so his forwards had a break is a noodle scratcher
    Last edited by HodgoBerro; 24-07-07 at 10:05 PM.

All I can say is - I didn't realise Parramatta had a diving school near their training grounds

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackWillie View Post
    All I can say is - I didn't realise Parramatta had a diving school near their training grounds
    :lol: hayne might get gold in beijing next year

Quote Originally Posted by RLfan View Post
    Geez Jarryd Hayne gets "injured" a lot. Maybe he is not tough enough to play first grade.
    Yet he is tough enough to be on the wing for Australia...

I don't think he deliberately 'dived'. Seriously how could you decide to do that within a split second of getting smashed. If that happened to me, the last thing on my mind would be 'Crap, gotta stay down so we can regroup'.

If he did do it though... good tactics IMO. I don't like it when they do it in order to milk a penalty, but if you just got bowled over in defence, stay down and earn your team a break

And I will probably change my mind as soon as it happens against the Dragons
    Last edited by Steelers; 24-07-07 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Yet he is tough enough to be on the wing for Australia...

I don't think he deliberately 'dived'. Seriously how could you decide to do that within a split second of getting smashed. If that happened to me, the last thing on my mind would be 'Crap, gotta stay down so we can regroup'.

If he did do it though... good tactics IMO. I don't like it when they do it in order to milk a penalty, but if you just got bowled over in defence, stay down and earn your team a break

And I will probably change my mind as soon as it happens against the Dragons

Maybe because this was the third time he went down this year, I am just not trusting him. I may be bias though, becuase I haven't liked Hayne since he started shaking goalposts when the opposition recieves a penalty kick.

Hayne hasn't played for Australia yet and IMO the Australian wingers will be Grothe & Inglis.