Default 'Mini' a Titans mover

Source: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/

'Mini' a Titans mover

Matt Marshall
    July 14, 2007 12:00am

TITANS coach John Cartwright says backrower Mark Minichiello has graduated from an honest toiler to a "senior" NRL player in 2007.
    The former Roosters and Rabbitohs forward has proven a standout for the Gold Coast in the absence of injured backrower Anthony Laffranchi and Luke Bailey ? who has since returned from Origin duties and injury.

With Laffranchi sidelined for another fortnight, Minichiello has plugged the gap, upping both his minutes and input.

"He's really filled the void," Cartwright said. "He's a senior player now even though he's only a 25-year-old. He's played every game this year, and he's been strong the majority of that time."

Minichiello earned his first representative jumper for NSW City in May and has since continued his breakthrough season with breakneck speed.

"He's been a bit unheralded in the past, by the fact he came out of Souths, who haven't had a lot of success," Cartwright said. "With us, he's definitely a key player."

Minichiello was Gold Coast's standout forward against Brisbane last weekend.

He compiled 27 tackles and was the club's leading yards getter with 190 metres from 23 runs.

"That was the first time he's played the 80 minutes for us," Cartwright said. "His game time has gone well up on what it was last year, and his best is still in front of him.

"I was involved with him at the Roosters when he was only an 18-year-old kid then and he's always had strong qualities. He was a total professional.

"He's very strong, hard to pull down, he's got that strength you can't get in the gym ? just natural strength."
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Mini just seems to get better every game he plays, I've been very impressed with his development with the Titans. I's a credit to him, but also to the coaching staff.
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

I've noticed his improvement too, but he does seems to give alot of penalties.....

Mark Minichiello has been superb this year I have been throughly impressed with him.

I think it is fantastic that players can come to our club and take their careers to a new level.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

A standout all year, particulalry the first game against the broncos, clad he's in my virtual tipping team, is a real solid workhorse, him and laffracnhi are simply unstoppable and is a match winning combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I've noticed his improvement too, but he does seems to give alot of penalties.....
    Yeah, both he and Bailey are our many penalty offenders.

Junior Titan

who said he would be nothing but a bench warmer this year.............................................t his proves them wrong
    "Go the Titans"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    agreed...however I think its due to an effort to over achieve and make his mark, He certainly is starting to entrench himself as a senior player. Hopefully he can realise this and back off just enough to stop the penalties without loosing any of that go get em attitued.

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Mini just seems to get better every game he plays, I've been very impressed with his development with the Titans. I's a credit to him, but also to the coaching staff.
    Agree,has been impressive all year