Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    I have been a Chris Walker fan for years. It was no secret that I thought it was great news to hear he was coming to the Gold Coast. He is playing well in QLD cup and plyed well for the residents team.

We need him back on the field. He has done his time.
    I agree, if he was on the bench against the Boncos I think he would of won us the game as the Boncos at times near the end looked totally exhausted and he would of blitz them.

he should play fullback if Prince isn't back this week so Presto and Lewis can take the halves

I heard Chris was injured on the weekend and wouldn't be available for the Titans for at least a couple of weeks.

Say it's not so.:hissyfit" :hissyfit"

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    I heard Chris was injured on the weekend and wouldn't be available for the Titans for at least a couple of weeks.

Say it's not so.:hissyfit" :hissyfit"
    Yes, Chris Walker was one of three injuries this week for the Jets. Kevin Walters is not too optimistic about his injury (Source: The Courier Mail)

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

FMD,are there any chinamen alive on the coast?:hissyfit"

Thumbs up Walker chance to make NRL comeback against Bulldogs

Source: www.gcbulletin.com.au

Walker chance to make NRL comeback against Bulldogs

Luke Turgeon
    17Jul07

REFORMED flyer Chris Walker is a chance to make his NRL comeback against the Bulldogs on Friday night.

Walker, who has turned his life around since copping a suspension for an alcohol-related incident earlier this year, will test his injured knee at Titans training at Runaway Bay today.

Walker returned to the top squad late last month before sustaining a grade two medial ligament strain in his left knee while playing for Ipswich in the Queensland Cup on July 8. Expected to be sidelined for three weeks, Walker holds a slim chance of returning a week early.

Should Walker be fit, he would likely be selected following injuries to halfback Scott Prince (collarbone), centre Luke O'Dwyer (shoulder) and winger Matt Petersen (knee). Preston Campbell will move into the halves in place of Prince, leaving fullback vacant, while the loss of Petersen leaves a gaping hole on the wing.

Josh Graham is tipped to take O'Dwyer's place in the centres, with Kiwi international Jake Webster back from a shoulder injury to most likely replace Petersen.

Either Smith Samau or Walker would probably move to fullback, with the other on the wing. Others in line for the vacant wing spot are Lelea Paea or Titans contracted Queensland Residents representatives Shannon Walker or Jordan Atkins.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

As much as I'd love to see Chris Walker back in the side, I'd hate to see him come back too early and do more serious damage to his knee.

"Josh Graham is tipped to take O'Dwyer's place in the centres, with Kiwi international Jake Webster back from a shoulder injury to most likely replace Petersen."

i wanna see webster giving another shot at center tbh

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    "Josh Graham is tipped to take O'Dwyer's place in the centres, with Kiwi international Jake Webster back from a shoulder injury to most likely replace Petersen."

i wanna see webster giving another shot at center tbh
    Im not sure but, word is Josh Graham was injured through the week. It may be only a small injury. He was meant to come off the bench for Burleigh Bears on the weekend but did not play.

SKY NEWS SPORTS is saying that Chris Walker will probably play fullback tonight.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans bad boy waits in wings

CHRIS Walker is poised to be a shock late inclusion for Gold Coast Titans against the Bulldogs at Carrara Stadium tonight.

Banished to the Queensland Cup in April after the latest in a long line of off-field incidents, Walker trained at fullback for the Titans last night.

"Your guess is as good as mine," the former Queensland Origin star said when asked if he would be playing.

"It's only my second training session so I haven't heard anything, I'm just going about it like normal. I'll be coming to the game but I won't be packing my boots unless I get a call telling me to. I'm ready if they need me."

Coach John Cartwright said: "I don't know if he's going in yet, I'll have a think about it tonight and make a decision tomorrow.

"I will make the decision at the last minute. We'll name a squad of 18 and work it out from there."

It's expected Walker will fill the custodian role with Preston Campbell switched to half, Josh Lewis five-eighth and Matt Hilder reverting to the bench.

The most likely player to drop off the Gold Coast bench is David Myles.

HTTP://WWW.NEWS.COM.AU

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Walker could be bolter for fullback

Luke Turgeon

20Jul07

TITANS coach John Cartwright has not ruled out reformed flyer Chris Walker making his NRL return against the Bulldogs at Carrara tonight.

Walker, who has rejoined to the Titans squad since copping a lengthy in-house suspension for an alcohol-related incident earlier this year, spent a considerable amount of time at fullback during yesterday's final training run at Gold Coast Stadium.

Walker looked sharp and showed no obvious signs of the knee injury that has kept him out of the Queensland Cup for the past fortnight.

While Cartwright said the team was unchanged following the session, meaning Walker would not play, he revealed he would be deciding the final make up of the side today.

"We have got a squad of 18 out there so we will make that decision (whether Walker will play) tomorrow," said Cartwright.

The Titans are reeling from a horror run of injures that has sidelined the likes of Scott Prince, Mat Rogers, Anthony Laffranchi, Matt Petersen, Luke O'Dwyer, Michael Henderson, Michael Hodgson and Brad Meyers .

If Walker is selected to play, he would most likely start at fullback, shifting Preston Campbell to five-eighth and Matt Hilder back into his forward utility role as David Myles dropped off the bench.

While Cartwright conceded the Bulldogs were having their own dramas with representative props Willie Mason (wrist) and Mark O'Meley (hamstring) out injured, he said they still represented a formidable opponent.

"You look at their squad and they have still got internationals, State of Origin and representative players all over the park," said Cartwright.

"I know they have been hit by injuries but they remain a very damaging side."

GC Bulletin

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

You know I posted that, two posts above?

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    You know I posted that, two posts above?
    Ooooops sorry.. I deleted it.

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

i hope this is true, maybe preto at 5/8th will get his confidence back because he is going to have to lead th eteam around, also walker will be dangerous at the back and dont forget he is playing for a contract for next year so he will be as keen as mustard