Default Most Spent On An NRL Clubs Stadium EVER

I was thinking the other day about the Titans new stadium and it occused to me that this will be one of the biggest single investment in the games history.

No NRL club has ever had a anywhere near the massive investment in facilities poured into them that the Titans will have.

Visit My Web Site At Its NEW Address: http://www.leaguefreak.com/

True when you look at the fact that Lang Park was a multi sports venue to a large degree, but the Broncos were the only tennant with the Roar and Reds only recently coming on board. I can't think of any other team that comes close to this investment, all the other teams must be green with envy at our planned facilities.

It is a very humbling investment in the Titans and rugby league in Queensland.

And we are upgrading Dairy Farmers by 5,000 over the off season I believe?

It will be amazing, we sure look after our rugby league teams up in Queensland.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Do you think another second team in Brsvegas is a reality in the nearish future?

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Do you think another second team in Brsvegas is a reality in the nearish future?
    Definitely in the next 6-10 years.

Once people see how successful the Titans are there will be a gold rush for a 2nd Brissie team.

Surely we need a 2nd team in rugby league's 2nd largest city, a city with a fantastic stadium, generations of rugby league heritage and a city that will be larger than Melbourne in 15 years.

Ultimately we will see a 2nd Brisbane team, but I want to see a 2nd New Zealand team first.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    Definitely in the next 6-10 years.

Once people see how successful the Titans are there will be a gold rush for a 2nd Brissie team.

Surely we need a 2nd team in rugby league's 2nd largest city, a city with a fantastic stadium, generations of rugby league heritage and a city that will be larger than Melbourne in 15 years.

Ultimately we will see a 2nd Brisbane team, but I want to see a 2nd New Zealand team first.
    I see your point on a 2nd NZ team, but I'd love to see another Team come from Australia that isnt from vic, qld or nsw. In reality I guess it's easier said then done because of the lack of development in juniors in these other states. It would have to be another Storm/Norths type deal

I don't think we will see another team in Brisbane before we see a team in these areas:

- Central Coast and
    - Second NZ Team

I believe the NRL will keep a watchful eye on the success of the Super 14 Perth Force team as well. IF the franchise takes off in Perth, look for the NRL to explore that possibility again.

DeeGan

I think the next NRL team MUST be in New Zealand.

The game over there is not in good shape and the Warriors need competition within the nation to get things back on track.

The tallent is there, the fans are there, they have the stadiums...they just need the team.

After them I think a second Brisbane team would be great. I think Brisbane League fans are crying out for an alternative.

I think the Titans will establish themselves VERY quickly and that will lead to a second Brisbane team.

Stuck in between is Perth. Perth needs a team but it needs some groundwork put in place first. But where to you fit in an experiment like Perth against two sure things in New Zealand and Brisbane?

Its a tough call...much thougher than the last expansion bids.

Visit My Web Site At Its NEW Address: http://www.leaguefreak.com/

Everyone wants teams from Adelaide and Perth but I see them as the cherry on top of the perfect National Rugby League not elements on the way to achieving it.

Placing teams in frontier states is difficult and requires a long term plan that goes well beyond just an NRL franchise.

Relocating NRL matches to Perth and Adelaide is the first step.

But if we are serious, we must underwrite their local competitions and nurture it over at least a five year term before we think about establishing an NRL club.

Provide more competition and scholarships for the affiliated states.

Showing them that we care about them and that they are part of long term plan is a great first step, which we are doing with relocating NRL matches.

I think we should focus on Melbourne until they are self sustaining and buoyant. We only need one club at a time in this type of situation at a time. I am sure the new stadium will change the situation entirely and assure their future, not only with the NRL but with the people of Melbourne.

Perth and Adelaide for the NRL? Absolutely!

But next cab off the rank has to be a 2nd New Zealand.