Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Round 17: Brisbane Broncos vs Gold Coast Titans @ Suncorp

OK guys, it is time for the rematch local derby.

We will be sitting in the away supporter bay. I suggest anyone interested and that still hasn't got tickets to sit with the Titans fans in the away supporter bay.

For the many of you who already have tickets or are Bronco members, let's meet up after the match.

http://www.ticketek.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Sounds great! It will good to see some of the Legion around too.

Will call you when I'm around there Diehard and visit. Probably won't be able to hang around too long after the game though as I have family duties the next morning.

Oh - and can you REMEMBER!!!! to bring the blow up swords for the Southern Legion :hissyfit"

I was looking forward to this game for ages, would be great in the away bay, but can't get there.

Just bought my tickets. Can't wait to see another victory over the Broncos. Go Titans.

Seeya at the game everybody. Make sure your wearing your colors! :woot:

We'll be in the supporter bay. For anyone wanting to catch up, we'll be at the Wally statue after the match for a bit.

Enjoy the game guys, this match is one of the greatest gifts given to Queensland rugby league fans. It is one of the apexes of the dream of bringing the Gold Coast back into the competition.

I am very excited about the big match, THE DERBY. As I will call it from now on.

See you there, enjoy the game, wear our colours and make some noise.

We want to own Lang Park!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I'll be in the crowd, not away section. I'll take the flag sans poles, and wave it like a banner. Hope we have TITANS fans either side because it takes up 6 seats!

I won't be at the game :hissyfit" but i will be watching on the tele cheering on the mighty Titans.

Go the Titans!!

Cheers Craneo2

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I'll be in the crowd, not away section. I'll take the flag sans poles, and wave it like a banner. Hope we have TITANS fans either side because it takes up 6 seats!
    Awesome. It's good that it will be there, they are good luck charms.

Even without the pole it makes a good banner or cape.

i may come after the game with my family and a few mates but we'll see what happens go titans!!!!
    GOLD COAST TITANS 08 "THATS MY TEAM"

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    We'll be in the supporter bay. For anyone wanting to catch up, we'll be at the Wally statue after the match for a bit.

Enjoy the game guys, this match is one of the greatest gifts given to Queensland rugby league fans. It is one of the apexes of the dream of bringing the Gold Coast back into the competition.

I am very excited about the big match, THE DERBY. As I will call it from now on.

See you there, enjoy the game, wear our colours and make some noise.

We want to own Lang Park!
    And if you lose tear their stadium apart Simpsons style
    'Ya call this a soccer riot?"

I'll leave now....

might have to go for broncos with this one.

even though i utterly despise them.

Titans aim for upset
    Karl deKroo

July 06, 2007 12:00am

GOLD Coast coach John Cartwright last night defiantly backed his Titans to not go into their shell, despite fears they could become cannon fodder for a resurgent Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium tonight.

An understrength Titans were on the end of a second-half beating from NZ Warriors at Carrara last weekend and have been further weakened for the southeast derby by the loss of dual international centre Mat Rogers to a knee injury.

But Cartwright said his team was not about to go into damage control and was eager to repeat the upset win they scored over their northern neighbours at the same venue in round 5.

"We know we are up against a very tough opponent," Cartwright said.

"They had a great win last week without their Origin guys and they tend to back up fairly well post Origin.

"But we are looking forward to the challenge. It will be a big crowd, a big atmosphere and we'll thrive on that."

The Broncos are expecting a crowd of more than 45,000 and Cartwright said the absence of Rogers would not stifle the Titans' attacking flair ? with creative halves Josh Lewis and Scott Prince given a free rein.

"We won't change a thing," Cartwright said. "Mat has been going great for us and has had a tremendous year. But he has had a lot of opportunities created for him by our inside men and they'll be looking to create for Luke O'Dwyer now.

"We like to play an upbeat style and we won't be going away from that."

In a major boost for the Titans, NSW prop Luke Bailey is set to take his place in the front row.

"Bull (Bailey) will be fine," Cartwright said. "He didn't train today but he should be right. His experience and leadership is very important to us and there was a lift just having him back at training."

Asked how much the Broncos had improved since their last meeting with the Titans, Cartwright said: "They are definitely on the improve. Their senior players have led the way. But we feel we are a better as well.

"We haven't dwelled on what happened last week (against the Warriors). We played reasonably well, we just got run over in the second half. We had won four in a row before that so there is no need for panic."

Fullback Preston Campbell has been cleared of a back injury and will take his place.
    Article from: The Courier-Mail

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Josh gets his first look at Suncorp :woot:
    Luke Turgeon
    06Jul07
    HE has never even laid eyes on Suncorp Stadium, played just a handful of first grade games and is preparing to go head-to-head with the best player in the world.

But if you think 21-year-old Titans five-eighth Josh Lewis will be overawed when he runs out in front of a packed house in Brisbane tonight -- think again.

Lewis, who will line up opposite Australian and Queensland five-eighth Darren Lockyer for the first time, said he was eagerly awaiting the showdown with the dual Golden Boot award winner.

"I have never played against him so I can't wait to get out there and play actually," said Lewis.

"I have heard the atmosphere at Suncorp is really good and everyone is right on top of things."

Since Lewis arrived on the Gold Coast in a mid-season transfer from the Sydney Roosters the Titans have won four of their past five games and surged into the top six.

With a crowd of more than 45,000 expected for the Broncos-Titans blockbuster, Gold Coast co-captain Scott Prince backed his rookie halves partner to keep his cool in the face of the biggest game of his short career.

"It will be a memorable night for him and hopefully we can get the two points so it will be even more memorable," said Prince.

"He is pretty cool, not much fazes him.

"He just goes out there and gets the job done.

"It is a big game for us as far as getting back in the winning circle after the Warriors game last week while the Broncos look like they are stringing a few wins together and playing some good football.

"It is going to be a tough game but at the end of the day it is at the best venue in the world and from our point of view we are just looking forward to getting out there and playing in front of a massive crowd."

Lewis said he looked up to Broncos legend Lockyer, who made his first grade debut when Lewis was just nine-years-old.

"He is definitely up there (with the players I look up to)," said Lewis.

"I just can't wait to get out there.

"I always watch him play but I don't try and copy him or anything, that would be a bit hard.

"He has played with a lot of great players over the years and I suppose he has probably taken a lot of that stuff on board.

"He is a freak -- he is just too smart for a lot of the players.

"I am trying not to think about it too much but come game day and when it comes time to getting on the bus I will definitely start thinking about it.

"But I just need to get my own game going, not worry what the other halves are doing too much and just play what is in front of me."

The occasion will be made even bigger, with Lockyer set to equal Michael Han****'s record for the most matches played for the club.

The local derby will mark Lockyer's 274th premiership game for Brisbane, matching the record set by Han**** between 1988 and 2000.

Lockyer said it was a huge honour to be named alongside Han****, Allan Langer, Andrew Gee, Shane Webcke and Kevin Walters.

"The Broncos have a wonderful history and to be part of that is more than I could have ever wished for in rugby league," said Lockyer, who is already the club's highest point scorer.

"Just to be mentioned alongside players of that calibre is an honour."
    GOLD COAST BULLETIN

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"