Default NSW: Tommy Raudonikus coach for 2008?

Well according to the Footy Show, Tommy is going to be putting his name forward to coach NSW next year. Thoughts?

At least we might see a bit of venom back in the NSW team. They've just been way too well behaved in the past few Origin games.

Tommy is a great character and legend of the game, but he's stuck in the past. The game is about elite athletes winning matches through skillful passing, kicking, tackling, running and inch perfect game plans. Sure aggression, passion and pride helps, but you need more to get you across the line in the modern game than a good left jab, right hook and a slap in the face in the sheds prior to kick off. The only place fisty cuffs will get you on the modern day football field is 10 in the bin, and NSW haven't been able to win with 14 men on the field.

Judging by Tommy's comments on the Footy Show tonight, the ARL are drafting the thanks but no thanks reply letter to Raudonikus right now, regardless of whether Bellamy or Sheens throws their hat in the ring for the job. Murry is a better chance of coaching the Blues in 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

QLD Cup Titan

Some how I think he's saying it tongue in cheek but as a Legend in the Chris Close mould I see no reason for him not to assist in motivating the Roaches during their camps... Lord knows they need it!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Diehard View Post
    Some how I think he's saying it tongue in cheek but as a Legend in the Chris Close mould I see no reason for him not to assist in motivating the Roaches during their camps... Lord knows they need it!
    I think he could greater serve the scummy blue rag by being some part of the coaching staff, more so than the actual coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Tommy was my hero as a young lad. My Wests jumpers always had the number 7. But he's a pretty crappy coach. Been there, done that.
    It's not the coach that is the problem. A few forwards with some heart would help.

I think it was Tounge in cheek that comment by Fatty... otherwise it would have gone further....

I reckon though having Tommy in the coaching staff for next season, perhaps in that Choppy Close type role, with Blocker and Joey as well and Bellamy or Sheens as coach would be awesome... exactly the mongeral NSW needs, so I am all for it....

I was watching the Footy Show last night and it will give the team a real venom and aggression boost which they don't have at the moment. Don't know how long it could last but I think Murray doesn't deserve some of the treatment he has been getting.

I think that having Tommy as coach would be a great move IF he had a qualified and capable assistant there to run the team through plays and stuff. (Much like Mal and Neil Henry do for the Maroons)

Tommy would be good as a spirit/passion coach. I just can't see him having the position as sole head coach again.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

i love the advice he gave to the blues team that matt johns was in i was pissing myself laughing.