Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post
    whats new bring on last place!
    I think you need to find a new forum........Please.
    Did you think we are going to win it in our first year?
    Smithy
    Titan Fan #1
    Bring on 2007

lol take a joke,,,

So exactly how many injuries do the Titans have? Do they have the biggest injury list in the comp?

and was Preston really that bad?

longest injury list in the nrl,before this weekend it was 9 first graders{now princey again and peterson}so its either 10 or 11 first graders and that doesnt include the fact that presto might still be carrying a lower back injury.Yes he was bad and as a player that on his day can inspire the whole team with his skill hes now doing the opposite and it must make the players heads drop when mistakes happen in front of your own posts.

Hi all,

First post on this forum and wish it was under better circumstances.

I headed out to the game with my wife who is also a Titan's fan god bless her only to see our team crushed in every aspect of the game. Plus we were sitting in the front row and had Prince get injured right in front of us. Poor bugger was lying there while some halfwit three seats next to us is screaming at him that he is a wimp and other more colourful names. Thankfully most of the other Raiders fans joined in with me telling him to shut up and grow up, love to see him play 80 minutes on the field and take the hits Prince takes.

Have to admit I was sitting in one of the worst areas of Raiders fans with two complete halfwits repeatedly telling the Titans they suck and other charming things. You know they are bad when other Raiders fans give them dirty looks. Highlights of the game for me was of course our two tries which show how good we can play and the first twenty minutes of defence. Another highlight was one of the charming Raiders fans telling the Titans to go back to Brisbane :duh: which was met by myself and about seven other people yelling Gold Coast genius, lol, smart guy.

That was not the Titans I have been cheering on since the start of the season but with our injury list how can it be. Great first 20 minutes followed by 60 minutes of some of the worst rugby league played by the Titans this season. Anyway, bring on the Doggies Friday, we are going to carve them up and get our winning way back on track. I'll be happy if we can make the top eight this year but if not there is always next year, GO THE TITANS!!!!

Cheers

Michael

Shame you couldn't come over and have your wife join the Southern Legion Michael. A few of us ventured down for the game... fortunately for us, we were left alone for the entire game. Quite bizarre considering the scoreline.

Pity about the idiots in the Canberra crowd. We've had a few of opposition supporters tell us to "go home" etc. To which we reply, "We can't wait. Surf, sand, sun. What more can we ask for. Glad we don't live in this hole"

Fingers crossed re the injuries. We stayed and watched the players get on the bus after the game... it resembled a war-zone hospital

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackWillie View Post
    . fortunately for us, we were left alone for the entire game. Quite bizarre considering the scoreline.
    \
    There is no reason to really HATE the titans just yet.. The club isn't exactly close to Canberra and you did take Big Mouth Kahler...

Welcome to Canberra Titans

Thanks for that,

Next time your down here I will definitely join you guys for the game.

It was good to see the number of young kids over in my area wearing the Titans colours and cheering on the team even when it was getting bad.

Lets wait and see what the injury list looks like and get back on track against the dogs.

My wife and I are planning to fly up to the Gold Coast for the final home game against the Roosters. Can anyone recommend how quickly we should be getting tickets, section of the stadium to sit etc because it always looks like a full house at the Gold Coast.

Cheers

Michael

Junior Titan

Oowwww the pain...I couldn't even drink! Injuries galore. Gobsmacked.

Still...there is always next weeks game. No doubt the boys will be hammeriing themselves over this tragedy and although a shocker of a game we won't be giving up on them. NFW!
    We're just playing possum right now so we can make that fianl charging run to the finish line...maybe

PW
    Defeat is not when you fall down but when you refuse to get up.

First time I've said this all season, but that was disappointing from the boys...

They didn't play with the heart we've seen all season, sure injuries were a huge factor in that, but I have always been amazed how even with everything going wrong, the GC boys have rolled the sleeves up and given it a go... just didn't see that yesterday. We didn't defend well enough and full credit to Canberra, they ripped the GC to shreads and played some very nice football.

Big blow with Prince and makes me wonder why he wasn't rested this week, was always a big risk and one that could now cost the club for the long term... lets hope it isn't too long term. Real shame for Matty P, he has been really a great player this season and to lose him like that... ouch...

Will be tough for the next few weeks, but as long as the boys show some pride and never stop fighting, they are always a chance, and could cause an upset or two before this season is up yet...

a couple of positives if you can take any would be hilder spark at hooker, and also conns performance i tohught he went well for his first game this year

didnt get to watch this game due to my sister 18th
    its on a 3
    do i dare watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    didnt get to watch this game due to my sister 18th
    its on a 3
    do i dare watch it?
    the first 30 minutes are good, but after that all hell brakes loose

ahah i only watched 1st bif of it
    then turned to joe dirt
    argh
    heart breaking

Capital punishment shock for Cartwright
    Luke Turgeon
    16Jul07

GOLD Coast coach John Cartwright said he `didn't see it coming' after the Titans were thumped 56-10 by the Raiders in Canberra yesterday.

After leading 10-6 in the 34th minute, the Titans defence fell to pieces with the Raiders running in nine tries in 46 minutes to embarrass the Titans with their biggest loss.

While stopping short of saying his players threw in the towel after Canberra ran in three quick tries before the break to head into half-time with a 24-10 lead, Cartwright said he was extremely disappointed with the effort shown by his players in defence.

"I didn't see it coming," said Cartwright.

"I was happy with the way we prepared -- I thought we were more than in the game and I had a feeling we could have gone on with it from there. I thought we were getting on top and starting to get on a roll.

"That 18 points in five minutes (before half-time), we just didn't react well to that at all.

"The floodgates opened and there are no reasons, no excuse to get a scoreline like that against you."

In front of a small but vocal crowd, the Raiders looked a completely different side to the one that got pumped 58-16 by the Dragons last week.

While the Titans were still trying to warm up in the freezer-like temperatures, the Raiders got off to a red-hot start with inspirational skipper Alan Tongue making a break and running 25m before setting up winger Bronx Goodwin for the opening try in just the second minute of the match.

The Titans started working their way back into the game but despite commanding the bulk of field position early in the first half, they were unable to penetrate the bruising Raiders defence from close range.

It took a long-range effort in the 18th minute for the Gold Coast to get on the scoreboard.

In-form backrower Mark Minichiello burst through a gap on his own 40m line, offloaded to pivot Josh Lewis, who did well to commit the fullback before turning it outside to flying centre Luke O'Dwyer to score.

A clever Lewis grubber kick resulted in a try to Delaney in the 26th minute, off the back of some entertaining lead-up work which saw the Gold Coast go the length of the field in the one set of six.

But the Raiders snatched back the momentum in the 34th minute and did not look back, with the help of several key penalties and a converted Michael Weyman try that saw them hit the front 12-10.

Canberra kicked their attack up a gear while the Titans seemed to start losing interest in the match and the Raiders ran in a further two quick tries before half-time.

Things got worse for the Titans with winger Matt Petersen (knee) not returning after half time through injury and co-captain Scott Prince (collarbone) forced from the field after seven minutes.

Things then really fell apart for the Titans with the Raiders running in a further six tries to humiliate the NRL's new boys.

GOLD COAST BULLETIN

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"