Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Titan One Clubman

Hopefully Henry gets Canberra to run at Prince all day. Also get Lincoln to charge out of the line and try put an early shot on him. If Prince Fires we are in trouble, so need to make him nervous.

Titan First Grade Regular

Its a shame Costigan is out...

if Costigan laid a big hit on Scotty early on, theres no way he'd be the same!

im a bit surprised about Campese..

even with Dobson back in, he should atleast be playing Bench, or as Sharkie said on the first page, in the back row.
    [

Lets hope the boys can put a nice low tackle on Tounge and test that injured knee out, we take this guy out and Canberra fall to pieces.

Prince will make Dobson look like a broom handle as he did the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty View Post
    Hopefully Henry gets Canberra to run at Prince all day. Also get Lincoln to charge out of the line and try put an early shot on him. If Prince Fires we are in trouble, so need to make him nervous.
    Weyman has been closing the gab between boxing and footy for the last couple weeks so if all else fails...
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    Weyman has been closing the gab between boxing and footy for the last couple weeks so if all else fails...
    Do you think Piggy has anything do with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Do you think Piggy has anything do with that?
    lol yeah Piggy got him started and I don't think he's stopped since. Good on him I say.

"Rookie winger Smith Samau will most likely go to fullback with Kiwi international Jake Webster returning from a shoulder injury to take his place on the wing."

from gcbulletion
    that wat will prob happen if prince dosnt play they rkn

Time for Titans to turn up heat

FORMER Raider Kris Kahler says Canberra's fortress-like home ground advantage has lost its sting for the showdown with the Titans thanks to a Gold Coast-friendly competition draw.

The Titans, who are looking to steady their season after two straight losses, flew into the nation's capital yesterday morning, greeted by 1C temperatures.

But by the time they run out tomorrow at 2pm, the mercury will be back hovering around a 'balmy' 10C.

Canberra is considered one of the toughest places in the competition to win, with the harsh icy conditions often putting visiting sides off their game.

"Last year we played a lot of Saturday night matches, which are really cold down here, so the afternoon games are probably a good move from the NRL," said Titans interchange forward Kahler, who spent three seasons with the Raiders from 2004-2006.

"It is going to be a lot warmer than it would be if we were playing at night.

"It used to get very cold and was pretty miserable for the fans and the players so it is definitely going to make it a lot better for everyone except the Raiders."

The Titans risk tumbling out of the top eight with a loss to the 14th placed Raiders, who will be desperate for a win after losing their past four games.

Both clubs' seasons are at the crossroads, with the Titans needing to win at least four of their remaining eight games to challenge for a finals spot and the Raiders needing to salvage six.

"People say Canberra are a hot and cold team but I think that it is more that their opposition either turn up ready to play or not ready to play," said Kahler.

"They are the kind of team that can take advantage of that.

"They have got the strike players there to do the damage and they also have the potential to have big scores against them.

"You just have to turn up ready to play, control the ball and do all the simple things."

Titans co-captain Scott Prince will have a fitness test at training today which will decide if he takes on the Raiders after suffering a collarbone injury against the Broncos last week.

If Prince is ruled out Josh Lewis will move to halfback, with Preston Campbell to five-eighth and rookie winger Smith Samau to fullback, meaning Kiwi international and 18th man Jake Webster will return to the flank.

The Raiders will be boosted by the return of lion-hearted skipper Alan Tongue from a knee injury and representative centre Phil Graham, who has been sidelined also from a knee injury sustained in the City-Country clash in early May.

http://www.gcbulletin.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

If the Raiders concentrate too much on trying to knock Prince out of the game, this will open up space for Lewis to have more of a hand in the attack, also hopefully Preston will start to fire again, giving another attacking option. He'll be used to the cold from his time out at Penrith.

I think big games from Bailey and Donnelly are what we need, and the other forwards really need to step up when those lads are off the field.
    We always seem to go soft when Bull heads to the bench.

There's been some big wraps on Conn, so hopefully he can step up and have a blinder.

Titan One Clubman

"People say Canberra are a hot and cold team but I think that it is more that their opposition either turn up ready to play or not ready to play," said Kahler.
    Well is setting himself up for a few big hits.. He seems to have a bit of a mouth on him this season , remember when he said he would smash the dogs pack...
    Surprising for someone like him to say it because he is probably the most dominated prop in the NRL.

Junior Titan

Hello All,
    I can't believe that the Titans are $2.50 for this game, you tell me if the broncos didn't score in the last minute last week and the titans won that how would they be $2.50 tomorrow, the boys finished the game with 13 i think last week and think they are the value bet of the round(before the 3 dogs were ruled out today) and I am telling everyone to get on tomorrow.. Good luck titans..

Regardless who wins this game on Sunday - it should be remembered that the Titans get to come home to the surf, sand and sunshine... While the Raiders get to stay with the snow and ice in the winter, and the sheep and flies in the summer LOL

Yeah bra - this place is the best by far!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Throb View Post
    Regardless who wins this game on Sunday - it should be remembered that the Titans get to come home to the surf, sand and sunshine... While the Raiders get to stay with the snow and ice in the winter, and the sheep and flies in the summer LOL

Yeah bra - this place is the best by far!!!
    I'll take snow, ice, sheep and flies any day if the alternative is Queensland doctors. First Dr Death, now Dr Fundamentalist Nutjob Terrorist.

YEA BRA!

Junior Titan

I'll take snow, ice, sheep and flies any day if the alternative is Queensland doctors. First Dr Death, now Dr Fundamentalist Nutjob Terrorist.

YEA BRA!
    true, true...but you have the politicians!!...and lots of circular roads...and suburbs named after pollies with one strange exception...Swingers Hill...

Think I'll stick to Sydney, right in the middle.

Well we have a few of the boys there in the pack who are not afraid of the cold and dewy surface, load 'em up with pocket warmers and they'll be good to go!

Double Yea Bra

PW
    Defeat is not when you fall down but when you refuse to get up.

YEA BRA!
    True, true, but at least you get to spend your sickies down at the beach!