Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Carlaw and Tate definitely out

Hunt and Hodges to play

The Broncos are still going to field a very dangerous team tonight.

They say they will give until kick off for Hunt and Hodges to prove fitness.

I am sure that they will play though.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Origin casualties plague Broncos
    Luke Turgeon
    06Jul07

BRONCO Brent Tate is out for the season while fellow stars Justin Hodges and Karmichael Hunt are in doubt for tonight's local derby against the Gold Coast Titans, after Brisbane yesterday felt the full injury fallout from State of Origin 3.

New Zealand Warriors-bound Tate has played his last game in Brisbane colours after scans revealed he ruptured both the anterior cruciate and medial ligaments in his left knee during Queensland's bruising 18-4 loss to NSW on Wednesday.

Tate will undergo a full knee reconstruction tomorrow, meaning he will be sidelined for six to nine months.

"I thought I might have just done my medial ligament, so it hit me like a ton of bricks in the dressing room when the doctor told me what he thought I had done," said 25-year-old Tate, who played 115 first grade games for the Broncos.

"All I can say is that I am bitterly disappointed because I realise I have probably played my last game for the Broncos.

"Now all I want to do is get the surgery done as quickly as I can and then just see how it goes."

Fullback Hunt (corks) and centre weapon Hodges have been given until kick-off to prove their fitness while backrower Dane Carlaw, who was called into the Maroons side on Wednesday after Neville Costigan broke his hand, has been ruled out with a neck injury.

Winger Darius Boyd will also not play due to a hamstring strain.

Craig Frawley has been brought into the side to replace Boyd, while David Stagg will shift from the backrow to the centres for Tate.

Forwards Corey Parker and Brad Thorn will move off the bench into the backrow.

Broncos captain Darren Lockyer and Queensland teammates Petero Civoniceva, Tonie Carroll and Shaun Berrigan have all been ruled fit to play.

Despite Brisbane's injury concerns, Titans coach John Cartwright said he was wary of the Broncos.

The Titans will be looking to topple the defending premier for the second time this season, following their emphatic 28-16 victory over 'big brother' in round five.

After looking well off the pace at the start of the year, the Broncos have surged into finals contention and can leapfrog the Titans into the top six with a win.

Livewire Gold Coast fullback Preston Campbell made it through a field training session yesterday and looks set to shake a lower back injury and take his place in the starting side, while Luke Bailey will back up from NSW Origin duty.

Tweed product Luke O'Dwyer will take Mat Rogers' spot in the centres after it was revealed this week the star dual international had suffered a fractured knee cap during last week's loss to the Warriors.

"We are going to miss him (Rogers)," said Titans co-captain Scott Prince. "He is a real strike weapon in our side, when you go to Matty you know he can spark something out of nothing.

"We have just got to start well and make the Broncos work hard coming out of their own end. Hopefully they will start to think about Wednesday night and the amount of work they got through."
    GOLD COAST BULLETIN

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Luke O'Dwyer...not too bad a replacement!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Karmicheal hunt out kemp to replace him at fullback

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke O'Dwyer...not too bad a replacement!

WTF

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Karmicheal hunt out kemp to replace him at fullback
    Where did you hear that Lonegull?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior Titan

Hodges in, Hunt out for Titans clash
    Posted 1 hour 39 minutes ago
    Updated 1 hour 16 minutes ago

Justin Hodges has been passed fit to take on the Titans. (Getty Images: Jonathan Wood)
    Brisbane centre Justin Hodges has been passed fit but Karmichael Hunt was not so lucky for tonight's NRL clash with the Gold Coast at Suncorp Stadium.

Hodges hurt his ankle two weeks ago and aggravated it in Wednesday night's third State of Origin clash, but has convinced medical staff he will be right to face the Titans.

Hunt though sustained deep muscle bruising to his thighs against New South Wales and was too stiff to run this morning.

"There are just not enough days between that third Origin game and now for Karmichael to be right to play," Broncos physio Rob Godbolt said in a statement.

"Had we been playing on a Sunday or a Monday, then he might have been OK. But he can't run properly and the risk of him reinjuring himself is pretty high with something like this."

Gold Coast product Denan Kemp, who played in last week's win over Penrith, replaces Hunt in the starting line-up.

The Broncos will also be without Test back Brent Tate and forward Dane Carlaw, who were both injured on Wednesday evening.

Warriors signing Tate has played his last game for the club after scans confirmed he tore both the anterior cruciate ligament and medial ligament in his left knee against the Blues.

The Broncos have won their last three games and captain Darren Lockyer says it is a crucial period for the defending premiers.

"The Broncos have obviously got some momentum in the last few weeks, I think the next two weeks we've got two local derbies against the Titans and the Cowboys and I think our performances over the next fortnight are pretty critical to how we go into the finals series," he said.

Coach Wayne Bennett admits the club will have to quickly recover from Origin.

"We've just got to get through, this week will be tough for us and next week will be tough for us as well," he said.

"There's a hangover factor involved in all this as well so our guys have got to be really mentally strong."

Titans co-captain Luke Bailey says the wounded Broncos will still be dangerous.

"They've missed a few players but they always seem to perform when they put a younger side on the park so regardless of who they put there, we're going to be in for a tough night," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...?section=sport
    "Go the Titans"

is campbell playen

its wierd
    b4 last week i was confindent we could beat any team
    now i dont know
    just with campbell at the bak i feel unsafe
    with mathers he didnt do anyhting speical but was safe as

Livewire Gold Coast fullback Preston Campbell made it through a field training session yesterday and looks set to shake a lower back injury and take his place in the starting side, while Luke Bailey will back up from NSW Origin duty.

taken from gcbulletion

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    its wierd
    b4 last week i was confindent we could beat any team
    now i dont know
    just with campbell at the bak i feel unsafe
    with mathers he didnt do anyhting speical but was safe as
    he'll get his confidence back and then we'll see the old Presto who dominated the eels before that injury got him

8 minutes to go and Titans are up 6 points!

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    8 minutes to go and Titans are up 6 points!
    :woot: :woot: :woot: :test: :test: :test: :test:
    GO BOYS

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Prince!
    :hissyfit"