Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post
    Our players are always injured damn titans , how can i go 4 a team when they keep getting injured..
    Have a go at supporting the Dragons.....:duh:

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    This coupled with the form Tonie Carroll and the boys are in and the fact we towelled them up last time makes me a little sceptical as to how we are going to conjure up a win. If I was a betting man I would be outlaying some big biscuits on the broncos 13+.
    Big J,

I don't need the 13 start...what odds will you give me for the Titans off scratch?

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Big J,

I don't need the 13 start...what odds will you give me for the Titans off scratch?
    I love your optimism Chaos and i really should have added that I never bet on or against the team that I support but there are of course always exceptions. We could always make it an avatar bet Or on the other hand I suggest we bet in schooners. For every schooner you wage I will pay 3 for a titans win. Debt to be payed at either the rabbitohs game or the sharks game depending on which one we can both make it to. Thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    I love your optimism Chaos and i really should have added that I never bet on or against the team that I support but there are of course always exceptions. We could always make it an avatar bet Or on the other hand I suggest we bet in schooners. For every schooner you wage I will pay 3 for a titans win. Debt to be payed at either the rabbitohs game or the sharks game depending on which one we can both make it to. Thoughts??
    Your on Big J..I'll wage 2 scooners against your 6.
    We'll worry about what game we see later.

It always taste better when someone else is paying!

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Your on Big J..I'll wage 2 scooners against your 6.
    We'll worry about what game we see later.

It always taste better when someone else is paying!
    100% correct Chaos. The pain of buying 6 schooners though will be somewhat dulled by the fact that it will mean the titans have beat the broncos twice in their inaugural year. Either way I win!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to see that Steve Clark is the ref...

Broncos v Titans preview
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 - 2:23 PM

This clash could really find out the NRL?s newest franchise, although it does come just two days after Origin, where eight Broncos stars line up; better to face them then than fresh!

After a woeful start to the season the home side is building ominously; they?ve won four of their past five (during which time they?ve had a bye to recharge their batteries) ? including their past three on the trot starting with a gutsy 19-12 win over the resurgent Bulldogs before a 48-18 pasting of the Wests Tigers and 24-16 win (the baby Broncos) over Penrith last week.

They?ve elevated to seventh position on the NRL ladder, the top team in a logjam of six teams on 16 points.

The Titans hit a brick wall in the shape of the Warriors last week after building an impressive four-in-a-row sequence that saw them topple the Rabbitohs, Raiders, Wests Tigers and Knights.

That momentum was flattened by a 22-6 loss to the Kiwi side, although there were excuses given they were without key forwards Luke Bailey (Origin) and their leading stats man Anthony Laffranchi (injury).

Things are only marginally better for them this week ? although Bailey returns they have lost attacking lynchpin Mat Rogers for six weeks with a fractured patella.

The Titans sit in sixth spot on 18 points.

Watch out Broncos: Former Bronco Scott Prince remains the major threat; he?ll give the Titans every chance with an astute kicking game (86 long kicks ? the most by any player) that finds open space nearly 55 per cent of the time.

Pinning the Broncos down deep in their own half will be vital ? if they can force an error they?re a good chance of consolidating with points; nearly 80 per cent of the Titans? 49 tries have been scored in their opponent?s 20-metre zone. Conversely, the Broncos have yielded 70 per cent of their tries in this danger zone.

This is the area where Prince really thrives ? he leads the NRL for try assists with 19 and ranks third in line break assists with 10 ? all from selective passes.

Watch out Titans: With Laffranchi sidelined their forwards looked a little soft at times against the prolific offloads displayed by the Warriors.

They?ve only made 13 big hits in defence this year and this week they come up against the nucleus of the Queensland Origin pack!

With Laffranchi still out they?ll look to Nathan Friend (471 tackles ? 12th most in the comp) and Bailey to up the intensity and get the Broncos on the back foot early.

Where it will be won: The Broncos will take a leaf out of the Warriors? book; after settling the plays they?ll look to run the Titans ragged out wide, where the loss of Rogers could prove insurmountable for the visitors.

Rogers has eight tries for 2007, plus 12 line breaks (third best in the comp). He also has 20 one-on-one tackles and had built a strong defensive line with fellow centre Brett Delaney (26 one-on-ones).

It remains to be seen whether Rogers? replacement Luke O?Dwyer can match it with the Broncos? big men like Justin Hodges ? although he has made two one-on-one tackles from just two appearances. In attack, though, he?s yet to make a break.

Expect benched back Matthew Hilder (32 one-on-ones) to get plenty of game time in defence too.

The History: Played 1; Titans 1, Broncos 0. The Titans will be buoyed by their emphatic 28-16 victory over their south-east Queensland neighbours in round 5. That game was a home game for the Gold Coast ? but it was achieved on the Broncos? ?turf? at Suncorp Stadium where they lock horns again here.

Conclusion: Difficult to go past the home side. They go about things clinically but still have elements of razzle-dazzle so necessary to put opposition sides off their game plans.

Out wide, Preston Campbell is the only Titan back with 100 metres a game to his name (exactly 100); the Broncos boast three in Origin reps Karmichael Hunt (155), Brent Tate (117) and Hodges (167).

That trio have combined for 26 line breaks ? with Rogers missing the entire Titans backline have managed just 21.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, effect Petero Civoniceva?s defection to the Panthers for the next two seasons has on the interaction between him and his team-mates.

Just watch the body language for clues.

looks like broncos might have a few out, tate is a definite but also hodges and hunt

campbell look set to play

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    looks like broncos might have a few out, tate is a definite but also hodges and hunt
    Wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos rested Lockyer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos rested Lockyer too.
    big call especially this is an important game for the broncos, i cant see that happening but stranger things have happened

there forwards will be dead aswell casue msot of em played 60 mins

couldnt meet brisbane at a better time, i cant work out why they wouldnt of had this game on monday to give a few extra recovery days

titans are paying like 3.50
    good odds
    might put soem dosh on em

I would be Patske... I have just heard on Superradio network the following:

- Dane Carlaw is out this weekend.

- Karmichael Hunt and Justin Hodges are to be ruled out tomorrow morning

- Denan Kemp who was pulled out of the QLD residents side on Wednesday night is in doubt.

If you can get any better chance to play the Broncos, I want to know it...