PDA

View Full Version : Round 15 : Gold Coast Titans vs Newcastle Knights

DIEHARD
19-06-07, 11:51 AM
Gold Coast Titans vs Newcastle Knights

7:30 PM Saturday 23rd June 2007, Carrara Stadium

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpg v http://www.nrl8ball.com.au/graphics/newcastle-knights.gif

DATE: Saturday 23rd June 2007
Venue: Carrara Stadium
TV Kick Off: 7:30 PM [FOX LIVE]
Referee: Ben Cummins
Colour: Yellow
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner, Adam Devcich
Video Referee: Steve Nash

Teams.

http://rebelsport.com.au/data/pages/categories/images/NRL_17.gif

TBA

http://rebelsport.com.au/data/pages/categories/images/NRL_08.gif

Kurt Gidley
James McManus
George Carmont
Brad Tighe
Adam MacDougall
Jarrod Mullen
Luke Walsh
Kade Snowden
Danny Buderus (C)
Adam Woolnough
Steve Simpson
Cory Paterson
Reegan Tanner

Interchange:

Michael Young
Chris Bailey
Daniel Tolar
Mitchell Sargent
Jesse Royal
Luke MacDougall

Nathalie
19-06-07, 11:55 AM
Shaun and I are going to this game, his (first) team is the Knights and mine is the Titans, so it should be interesting :)

However, we have seats in the front row of the Eastern Stand :test: (not the temporary seating but the actual grandstand), so we won't be sitting with The Legion this time. I can't wait, I am so excited! And who knows, might even go to the Titanium Bar afterwards if we feel like it. Just that Shaun has to bring another top because I doubt they'll let him in wearing his Newcastle jersey, regardless of who wins that night!

Looking forward to the game :D

Nat

DIEHARD
19-06-07, 12:02 PM
Awesome, just make sure you visit us before or after the game!

patskE
19-06-07, 12:42 PM
what u guys rkn?
bull in for kalhar for sure
then odwyer in for hilder? he did havea good game on the weekend tbh, maybe swain will get the chop
also hogdeson is avaiable isnt he, missed a week due to a hammy, another big bopper

DIEHARD
19-06-07, 12:44 PM
And hopefully the return of Preston.

Ryan
19-06-07, 04:11 PM
........... Just that Shaun has to bring another top because I doubt they'll let him in wearing his Newcastle jersey, regardless of who wins that night!

Yeah, I wore my Titans Jersey into the Caxton straight after round 5, got plenty of unwanted attention......

Cowboy Titan
19-06-07, 04:34 PM
Just heard on Gold FM that Preston & Bailey are returning this week.

Great news.

patskE
19-06-07, 04:49 PM
h8 waiting for the team list to come out
time goes soooooooooo slow

DIEHARD
19-06-07, 05:27 PM
Gold Coast Titans V Newcastle Knights
DATE: Saturday 23rd June 2007
Venue: Carrara Stadium
NRL Kick Off: 7:30 PM [FOX LIVE]
Referee: Ben Cummins
Colour: Yellow
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner, Adam Devcich
Video Referee: Steve Nash

patskE
19-06-07, 05:33 PM
wats Colour: Yellow?

DIEHARD
19-06-07, 05:36 PM
Newcastle

Kurt Gidley
James McManus
George Carmont
Brad Tighe
Adam MacDougall
Jarrod Mullen
Luke Walsh
Kade Snowden
Danny Buderus (C)
Adam Woolnough
Steve Simpson
Cory Paterson
Reegan Tanner

Interchange:

Michael Young
Chris Bailey
Daniel Tolar
Mitchell Sargent
Jesse Royal
Luke MacDougall

DIEHARD
19-06-07, 05:48 PM
Preston Campbell, Matt Petersen, Mat Rogers, Brett Delaney, Jake Webster, Josh Lewis, Scott Prince (c), Luke Bailey, Nathan Friend, Ian Donnelly, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Minichiello, Luke Swain.
Interchange: Matthew Hilder, James Stosic, Gavin Cooper, Clint Amos, Kris Kahler, Luke O'Dwyer (two to be omitted).

patskE
19-06-07, 05:53 PM
he named kahler? must be a injury concern i rkn then

patskE
20-06-07, 04:30 PM
Titans v Knights Preview

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 3:08 PM

There’s a lot to like about the first ever clash between these two teams, fifth versus seventh on the ladder, with each exhibiting the same brand of expansive, open football.

The Titans’ gutsy effort to defeat the Wests Tigers 16-14 at Campbelltown last week (without lynchpin prop Luke Bailey) sees them riding a three-game winning run – the equal best record by a Gold Coast-based team ever.

Before their round 13 bye they accounted for the Raiders 28-8 and the Rabbitohs 25-18, both at home; they’ve now won four of their five games at Carrara Stadium.

The Knights clawed out a vital 22-18 win over the Raiders at home last Monday; before that they were outclassed by the Wests Tigers 33-14 in Newcastle during the weekend of the first bad storms.

Watch out Titans: Before he was injured in the first State of Origin game Kurt Gidley was hands-down the competition’s best player.

Despite missing three games he’s still near the top of the major stats categories – 192 runs (19.2 per game), 28 offloads (fourth in the comp) and 612 metres returning kicks (10th most).

Look for him to provide spark inside the Titans’ 20-metre line, a zone where the Knights have scored more than three-quarters of their tries this year.

Watch out Knights: As if the Titans’ attack hasn’t been dynamic enough recently they welcome back the devastating Preston Campbell from injury, allowing Mat Rogers to remain in his preferred position at centre.

No matter, Rogers is easily in career-best form regardless of the jersey number on his back – last week he scored two tries (one a superb evasive lateral sprint to the corner), made 13 runs for 144 metres, two line breaks and eight tackle breaks.

He now has the second most line breaks in the comp (12).

Meanwhile Campbell will be out to make up for lost time and add to his four line breaks and 29 tackle breaks from his first seven games.

Where it will be won: A classic battle of the generals: Scott Prince up against Danny Buderus.

Both have been tireless leaders all year. Prince is the most constructive attacking player in the NRL, with a competition-leading 17 try assists to go with nine line break assists (all from pinpoint passes).

After a man-of-the-match performance in his 200th game last week Buderus will be keen to pull out another big game to silence calls that Robbie Farah leapfrog him into the NSW Origin team (yeah, absurd, we know).

But the Titans are strong marker defenders (284 tackles to the Knights’ 190 – worst in the comp), which means not only will they be ready to combat Buderus’ forays, they just might look to exploit the ploy themselves.

The History: Yet to play.

Conclusion: The Titans are building impressively.

They look cohesive and settled. Secondary players such as Mark Minichiello (who plays his 100th NRL game this week) are thriving behind the likes of Bailey and Anthony Laffranchi – “mini Mini” is developing into the Laffranchi mould, with eight offloads, four line breaks and three tries – look for him to stiffen his 79-metre average gain.

Conversely the Knights have appeared unsettled and lacklustre over the past month.

Still, with Jarrod Mullen reverting to his favoured five-eighth position and Luke Walsh growing into the no.7 jersey, the signs are good.

This is a good chance for Mullen to show he deserves to be picked at no.6 for the Blues in Origin III – he’ll be looking to add to his eight try assists.

There’s not much between these teams in attack – the Titans have scored 43 tries to the Knights’ 42.

But defensively the Titans have conceded just 42 four-pointers to the Knights’ 60. Before a vocal home crowd, they might just continue to astound the critics and march towards a top-four berth.

Match officials: Referee – Ben Cummins; Sideline Officials – Russell Turner & Adam Devcich; Video ref – Steve Nash.

Televised: FoxSports 3 – Live 7.30pm.

Coaster
20-06-07, 04:34 PM
Who wrote that?

That was a well written piece

Chaos
20-06-07, 08:42 PM
Who wrote that?

That was a well written piece

We all should quote the author of articles added to the forum.

Robbie_Dee
20-06-07, 08:43 PM
Who wrote that?

That was a well written pieceCorrect me if I'm wring, but I think it's from the Big League magazing, and on the nrl site for their match previews...

patskE
20-06-07, 10:29 PM
yeh got it from nrl.com

jake86
20-06-07, 11:42 PM
seems our team is really starting to gain respect after reading that article

Boofhead
21-06-07, 12:25 PM
Bailey ready for big night

By Daniel Pace
June 21, 2007

GOLD Coast co-captain Luke Bailey has sent an ominous warning to Newcastle - he's feeling "fresh as a daisy" and ready to rip into the Knights at Carrara on Saturday.

Bailey missed the Titans' courageous 16-14 victory over Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium on Sunday, due to a pectoral muscle injury he carried into last week's State of Origin match in Sydney.

But the Kangaroos and New South Wales prop has trained strongly this week, and is confident of being fit to face the Knights, who defeated Canberra 22-18 at EnergyAustralia Stadium on Monday night.

"I trained pretty well and it felt good," said the 27-year-old.

"I didn't even think about it today.

"Normally, after Origin, you back up and you struggle during that week, but having the weekend off and getting the body right, I feel fresh as a daisy and ready to take it out on the Knights."

Livewire fullback Preston Campbell is booked to make his return from a knee injury this week, a timely return after losing British replacement Richie Mathers to a knee problem.

Bailey said the return of Campbell, combined with the recent recruitment of five-eighth Josh Lewis, would further ease the pressure on chief playmaker Scott Prince.

The Titans' leader said it was tough watching his old club, St George Illawarra, thrash the Titans 28-10 in round 10 last month, when he was in camp with the Blues, Campbell was out injured and Lewis was still playing for the Sydney Roosters.

"Princey touched the ball every tackle and it was frustrating watching how much ball he was getting," said Bailey.

"Now we've got three blokes to go to. All three of them are small blokes but they like having a crack in defence.

"You want to play with blokes like that.

"Josh Lewis is getting better each week and his confidence is right up there for a young kid coming into a new squad."

Only nine teams have savoured victory in their next match after playing Monday night football, but the alarming statistic for Newcastle hasn't made Gold Coast coach John Cartwright any more confident of a win for the fifth-placed Titans.

"I don't really buy into those voodoos," he said.

"We've had a little longer to prepare (than the Knights) but we've had six blokes not at training (on Tuesday) so it'll be a tough game."

AAP

Chaos
21-06-07, 08:31 PM
I'm getting pumped up for this game...the Knights played well to beat Canberra last weekend (especially Buderus).

I'd say this is the best Titans team to run on the paddock together, so far.
We haven't seen Bailey, Preston, Lewis, Donnelly and Stosic all play together yet.

Come on you Titans!

Titan John
21-06-07, 09:06 PM
Nervous about this one. I think Newcastle have been generally underestimated since Joey's departure and we'll need to be really switched on to get the points. I sense they're primed for a top notch performance.

I see us winning or losing (hopefully winning) by 4-10 points.

Regards, T-J.

Chaos
21-06-07, 09:56 PM
Nervous about this one. I think Newcastle have been generally underestimated since Joey's departure and we'll need to be really switched on to get the points. I sense they're primed for a top notch performance.

I see us winning or losing (hopefully winning) by 4-10 points.

Regards, T-J.

Your going to have to pump yourself up for this one Titan John.
I agree Newcastle will be ready for this and did perform against a strong Raider pack last weekend but the Knights are away from home...so they can't rely on the crowd for the ref's decisions.

Titan John
22-06-07, 11:48 AM
I just have a bad feeling Newy will really pull something out of their rears. Just a really bad gut feeling. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Regards, T-J.

C-Whiz
22-06-07, 01:45 PM
I just have a bad feeling Newy will really pull something out of their rears. Just a really bad gut feeling. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Regards, T-J.

I think Newcastle are gonna get smashed! A bit like the first half of the Titans Vs Raiders, but for 80 minutes. Just hope the weather is good.

patskE
22-06-07, 02:55 PM
who u rkn they going drop from the 6 man bench?
kahlar prob a given, but the last one is to hard to pick, got to be amos or hilder, but who :S

Sydney Titan
23-06-07, 03:21 PM
I am very confident for this one just on the theory of the Monday night curse.. Very few teams have won backing up from Monday night games so my tips tonight are Cowboys and Titans are specials.. I must say I have been wrong before.. HAHAHAHAH

DIEHARD
23-06-07, 03:55 PM
Headed off now, looks like we might have some rain, gonna pack the raincoat!

See you down there or enjoy it on tele Titans fans!

patskE
23-06-07, 05:06 PM
he drop amos n stosic
left kahlar in...
dont really understand the stosic drop
amos yeh ok, we got campbell who can slot in at hooker, n hilder aswell
but kahlar :S
hasnt had 1 good game all year

Sydney Sideshow
23-06-07, 09:38 PM
Great win boys, well done sideshow, first titan hat trick! pity bout laffranchi, any obvious replacement guys? Odwyer perhaps, but with the big warriors pack next week, i wouldnt mind someone with a bit of size. Lucky rodgers was at fullback in the end, i love presto, but gee, i think paterson might have gone over the top of him at the end. Hey guys, how bout we wrap the warriors up by half time next week, no heartattacks please

Coaster
23-06-07, 09:44 PM
Yeeeeeee haaaaaaa

Another great win by the boys!!!!!!

:test: :test: :test: :test: :test: :test:

Peterson is outstanding!!

Rogers going better then ever!!!

Preston again set up some tries !! :nope: :( :hissyfit" :mad: :argue:

Anyway, we on 18 points and doing fantasic

Coaster
23-06-07, 09:53 PM
Every Newcastle fan complaining about the strip near the end?

What about the blantant strip punch forward toward his posts against Preston first try??

That was a knock on, i have no doubt

Parra Petty
23-06-07, 10:16 PM
Evening everyone,

Well what a fantastic roll the boys are on now - congratulations on a safe return to Preston and 'Chalky', and I hope Laffranchi's injury is as serious as first thought.

What a difference Lewis has made to the Titans attack, and his chip and chase in the first half deserved a try for the sheer audacity alone!

Look out Warriors next week, because if Preston regains some confidence on his knee, than the Titans little men could have an absloute field day against the Kiwi giants.

If anyone missed the match, here is a copy of my match report -

http://www.league.net.au/titans-hold-off-knights/

Cheers,

Parra Petty

Titan John
23-06-07, 10:19 PM
I knew it was going to be one of those games and thankfully we got the points. On to 18 points now, only a few more wins and we've pretty much sealed a finals spot. Top 4 still an excellent chance if we can stay consistant. Good win by the boys :clap:

Regards, T-J.

Boofhead
23-06-07, 10:43 PM
Full Time Score:

Titans: 28
Knights: 22

Rogers rescues Titans

June 23, 2007

FORMER Australia rugby player Mat Rogers pulled off a try-saving tackle in the dying seconds to ensure the Gold Coast secured a hard-fought 28-22 win over Newcastle Knights at Carrara.

Rogers held up Knights back rower Cory Paterson over the line in the last play of the match as the visitors desperately tried to send the match into extra time.

It looked like the Titans would cruise to victory leading 28-18 with nine minutes left after winger Matt Petersen bagged the club's first-ever hat-trick of tries.

But the Knights never gave up and almost pulled off an unthinkable win at Carrara, where the Titans have won five out of six matches this season.

Gold Coast cemented its top eight spot, while the Monday night football curse continued, with both Newcastle and Canberra suffering defeats after playing at EnergyAustralia Stadium just five days ago.

A serious knee injury to New South Wales Origin hopeful Anthony Laffranchi took some gloss off the Titans' five-tries-to-four win in front of 15,306 fans who braved the rain to watch their team record its fourth consecutive victory.

Laffranchi's chances of making his NSW Origin debut in the July 4 dead rubber in Brisbane have seemingly gone up in smoke after he suffered suspected medial ligament damage to his right knee in the 24th minute.

He hurt the knee when he was gang tackled in a charge towards the line after five-eighth Josh Lewis sparked an attacking raid with a neat chip and chase.

The home side was leading 16-12 when Petersen set up a 55th minute try for Rogers in a 70m movement started by Preston Campbell, who was solid in his comeback from a seven-week lay-off due to a knee injury.

Petersen looked to have sealed the win in bizarre circumstances nine minutes from full-time, jagging the club's first-ever hat-trick of tries.

New recruit Ian Donnelly appeared to be contained near the line when he attempted to off-load to Petersen but the ball bounced into the legs of Knights five-eighth Jarrod Mullen and went backwards as Petersen picked up the crumbs to score.

The Titans led 10-6 at half-time and extended their buffer in the 46th minute when halfback Scott Prince set up Petersen's second try.

Knights forward Daniel Tolar, though, scored a soft soon after to peg back the deficit to 16-12.

Gold Coast enjoyed a 22-12 advantage after Rogers' try but an Adam McDougall four-pointer off a Mullen bomb in the 66th minute kept the Knights in the hunt.

It appeared all over when Petersen grabbed his third try but the Knights launched a final assault and were only held out by Rogers' late try-saver.

AAP

Rage
23-06-07, 11:06 PM
good game but hope lafranchi is fine
i hate these games where the opposition almost beats us in the dying seconds
too much strain on the heart :)

RLfan
23-06-07, 11:22 PM
Yet again Rogers, Peterson & Prince standout, but all the boys played well. As I have written before Gavin Cooper is very underated and proved so again tonight I thought. Very deserving of being in the top 4.

Now let's hope we roll the Warriors. Hope Laffranchi & Campbell pull up OK from injuries.

patskE
24-06-07, 02:40 AM
kahlar did nothing like normal
nfi y he still picks him?
surely grahman is fit again, he was great for us at the start of the year
if campbell was still on, patterson would of steam rolled over him, good coaching by carty

patskE
24-06-07, 02:41 AM
webster didnt do anything bad but nothing outstanding
peterson basically has celmented his wing slot, just webster wing is still a bit iffy
he needs to find his foam from the storm

Rage
24-06-07, 11:40 AM
Lafranchi is gone for 2 to 4 weeks :(
btw who was MOTM?

Nathalie
24-06-07, 12:33 PM
I am going to write to the Titans (even though the security company contracted is probably more who I should complain to) about one of the security guards. I won't go into detail but basically she was just plain rude and violent.. spoiled the end of the night for me..

patskE
24-06-07, 04:01 PM
iam guessing peterson was motm with the hattrick
wat happen nat
tell us!

Chaos
24-06-07, 04:17 PM
Yet again Rogers, Peterson & Prince standout, but all the boys played well. As I have written before Gavin Cooper is very underated and proved so again tonight I thought. Very deserving of being in the top 4.

Now let's hope we roll the Warriors. Hope Laffranchi & Campbell pull up OK from injuries.

Your right about Gavin Cooper...he's creating havoc down the short side.
I think his football skills are now outshining his hair cut.

patskE
24-06-07, 05:58 PM
copper will prob slot into laffanci's place with stosic, hogdeson n granhman all coming onto the bench with kahlar droped, PLZ DROP HIM, made an average of 5m per run... with he big bull 10

RLfan
24-06-07, 06:17 PM
Your right about Gavin Cooper...he's creating havoc down the short side.
I think his football skills are now outshining his hair cut.

Yeah and with Dallas Johnson possibly injured, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Maroon jersey.

Robbie_Dee
24-06-07, 06:31 PM
Yeah and with Dallas Johnson possibly injured, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Maroon jersey.Johnson was up and running along the sideline the last i saw. I don't think his injury is enough to keep him out of Origin. Didn't see the last 30 minutes of the game though, did he go on the field?

TITAN PETE
24-06-07, 07:10 PM
Awesome game by most of the players , the Rat with the tackle of the Decade but what about the BULL, he played the entire 80 minutes & can anyone tell me who would have been the last prop to play 80, Steve Roach ?:woot:

Supergoose
24-06-07, 08:07 PM
Sensational effort by both teams really with the Titans showing they were a class above the Knights. The Titans are one of the only teams in the NRL playing with good control. They seem to be taking all the right options. The Knights showed tremendous character though with the 'crisis' that they're in and the amount of ball they spilt, we probably should've dusted them by 40. I'm very nervous about taking on the Warriors without Bailey and Laffranchi. I'll wait till the teams are named to declare my tip but this might be my first tip against the Titans for a long while. Unbelievable tackle by Mat Rogers which had my brother and I and my six year old son standing and applauding. That's the Titan spirit.

dee13
24-06-07, 09:17 PM
Well Hi to all in Titanville,

We are on fire at the moment. Its great to be a Gold Coaster. Who would have thought our innaugural year would produce these sort of results both on and off the field. Another 15,309 fans in attendance. Give yourselves a pat on the back Gold Coast faithful. It was cold "apparently"and it rained.

On the field our boys are out there playing for each other, putting their bodies on the line and coming home with the points. A great gutsy win last week in Campbelltown against the highly rated Tigers and we back it up with a win over the Knights with 16 players. All the best for a speedy recovery to Boof. He has been an absolute powerhouse for the Titans this years as his stats reflect.

Finally.... BLADE looked a million bucks last night. HOW GOOD WAS HE!!!!!

All the best Titans fans

TITAN FOR LIFE
DEE13

Hoppy2007Dragons
25-06-07, 01:04 AM
Awesome game by most of the players , the Rat with the tackle of the Decade but what about the BULL, he played the entire 80 minutes & can anyone tell me who would have been the last prop to play 80, Steve Roach ?

Jason Ryles played 79mins earlier this year, came off due to bleeding, must be the local dragon blood in them that makes them machines.

Titanium_BD1103
25-06-07, 01:11 PM
Great effort by the Titans... perhaps not one of the best displays shown this season but they are playing with heart, team spirit and most importantly determination to prove everyone wrong... :)

Mat Rogers keeps impressing me every week.... he is just sensational and keeps going from strength to strength, not even I can believe how good he is.

Was great to see Presto back and giving us another option in attack, as if we didn't have enough already.... sensational stuff there and he will only get better as the weeks go on.

I am really impressed this year by the likes of Cooper...hadn't heard much about him earlier in the season, but he is shining every game and the management made some excellent recruitment choices there... :)

If anything, we might need to work on our defense as Newcastle kept hitting back with tries... but it should be an interesting match against the flamboyent Warriors next week.. but one thing is for sure, like with everything else so far this season... the GC Titans are not overawed by anyone.

GO TITANS GO... KEEP SHOWING THE NRL WHY YOU ARE A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH... :D :D

bigjim
25-06-07, 01:31 PM
Any game you get the 2 points is a good game.

Bit of a scare with Preston's knee again and a real worry losing Anthony for a couple of weeks.

As good as the team played, it was a funny ole tug-of-war.

Newcastle had little possession for much of the game and the Titans always looked more dangerouse with the ball in hand.

Despite all that, Newcastle almost stole the game on the bell.

As well as the Titans played, they must learn to put a team to the sword towards the back end of games. If they continue to give teams a sniff with five minutes to go, eventually they will get bit.

All in all though, the're a champion team, destined for top four finish.:woot:

Nathalie
25-06-07, 01:43 PM
iam guessing peterson was motm with the hattrick
wat happen nat
tell us!

I might tell you when I learn the outcome of my letter.. all I will say for now is that I received a reply email from someone from the Titans admin team saying that they're passed on my email to the appropriate department.

Nat

patskE
25-06-07, 01:47 PM
arghh ture
cooper has really picked up his foam
he had a good 1st game, but then dropped n did nothign for a few weeks
now his good very well
kahlar on the other hand has ahd about 0 good games
plz someone tell me y he still picks him? deegen looking at u buddy

Steve
25-06-07, 02:11 PM
I am going to write to the Titans (even though the security company contracted is probably more who I should complain to) about one of the security guards. I won't go into detail but basically she was just plain rude and violent.. spoiled the end of the night for me..

I forget who they use for security at Carrara, not CAP is it?

Hopefully it gets sorted out, bad security can be a real problem, not just ruining nights, but as we've seen in the past, even ruining lives.

Nathalie
25-06-07, 02:23 PM
I forget who they use for security at Carrara, not CAP is it?

Hopefully it gets sorted out, bad security can be a real problem, not just ruining nights, but as we've seen in the past, even ruining lives.

Sure can. There are a lot of good ones though, my mum's one of them :)

But this one was just unbelievable.. hopefully when I know more about what's going on, I'll paste a copy of the email I sent.

dee13
25-06-07, 05:58 PM
Sure can. There are a lot of good ones though, my mum's one of them :)

But this one was just unbelievable.. hopefully when I know more about what's going on, I'll paste a copy of the email I sent.

Hey there Nat,

Its been a while. I'll PM you with all my updated goss soon.

I believe the security company used at the grounds is called EMS if this helps.

All the best and I will PM soon
Dee

TITAN PETE
25-06-07, 06:06 PM
Jason Ryles played 79mins earlier this year, came off due to bleeding, must be the local dragon blood in them that makes them machines.

Only 79, weak :p .
The Dragons do breed them big & tough we just hope Carty will show them how to win a comp:woot: !

Tamwelg
25-06-07, 07:10 PM
What a game, what a win. I was a bit worried in the dying minutes, but Roger managed to pull of that awesome tackle.

Lewis is getting better every game, what a buy he is turning out to be, along with Donnelly, who has also been playing well.

Peterson deserved MOM, not sure if he got it or not, but that is the best game I've seen him play.

Cooper is another player who keeps getting better, he is making a lot of breaks out wide. He had a good pre-season, but fell a little flat in the first few rounds, but the past few weeks he has managed to turn that all around. As previously posted by others, I wouldn't be suprised if he got a Maroons jersey either, the courier mail seem to think he is in with a good chance as well.

Campbell had a shakey return, but I know we'll see some excitement from him in games to come.

Prince is magic, I can't give him enough praise both he and Bailey enough for the work they both do on and off the field, they are a true leader.

I am a fan of Friend, but would like to see him run with the ball a bit more, the times he has run the line with the ball in hand he has caused a bit of camos for the oposition defence.

TOP 4 WOOT - what a team, what a first season :test:

Chaos
26-06-07, 06:18 PM
I am a fan of Friend, but would like to see him run with the ball a bit more, the times he has run the line with the ball in hand he has caused a bit of camos for the oposition defence.
:

Just on Friend, he was running with the ball more at the back of each half, when he came off the bench.
After watching him in the starting side the last few games, he looks a bit small to be defending at the start of the game.

Amos seems more solid and Friend seems more creative. Maybe Amos should start and Friend come off the bench like we had it?