PDA

View Full Version : Union: Springboks vs. Wallabies Test

Old Diehard
14-06-07, 09:44 PM
>40 points! - but don't worry about it! Next year the Republic of South Africa's Rugby Team will probably have to have a quota of 10 coloured players ( so I read in the "Australian" today!) and between their quotas and our junior system (ie.no pushing in scrums ) it will be OK!

travop
15-06-07, 08:13 AM
sry wat subject is this

SuperCliffy#01
15-06-07, 12:18 PM
Yeah i'd say by about 40 points as well.

Hoppy2007Dragons
15-06-07, 07:11 PM
i recko nthe wallabies will a massive upset, their starting to gel a little bit and i reckon the springbox will be too overconfident.

Boofhead
16-06-07, 03:52 AM
Springboks vs Qantas Wallabies
Newlands, Cape Town. Saturday June 16, 23:00 AEST

http://www.rugby.com.au/verve/_resources/Springbok_logo_team_logo.jpg VS http://www.rugby.com.au/verve/_resources/Wallaby_colour_logo_team_logo_2.jpg

Head to Head:

South Africa 39, Australia 23, Drawn 1

Team Notes:

Springboks
The Springboks have been showing the best form in world rugby over the past month. They decimated a strong England team 58-10 and 55-22 before overpowering Samoa 35-8 with a second-string side last week. As usual, the Boks forwards are dominating the lineout and scrum, and at long last the backs are being productive - very productive running in a 16 tries in three games.

Wallabies
The Wallabies have also started the season with three wins from three attempts but struggled in their first match-and-a-half against Wales before also overpowering Fiji 49-0 in Perth with an experimental line-up. They are back to their tried-and-trusted backline of Gregan-Larkham-Giteau-Mortlock-Tuqiri so expect things to be slicker in attack than they have been at any time this year.

Teams:

Springboks
1. Gurthro Stenkamp
2. John Smit ?
3. BJ Botha
4. Bakkies Botha
5. Victor Matield
6. Schalk Burger
7. Juan Smith
8. Pierre Spies
9. Ruan Pienaar
10. Butch James
11. JP Pietersen
12. Jean de Villiers
13. Jaque Fourie
14. Ashwin Willemse
15. Percy Montgomery

16. Gary Botha,
17. CJ van der Linde
18. Johann Muller
19. Danie Rossouw
20. Michael Claassens
21.Wynand Olivier,
22. Francois Steyn

Wallabies
1. Matt Dunning
2. Stephen Moore
3. Guy Shepherdson
4. Nathan Sharpe
5. Dan Vickerman
6. Rocky Elsom
7. George Smith
8. Wycliff Palu
9. George Gregan
10. Stephen Larkham
11. Lote Tuqiri
12. Matt Giteau
13. Stirling Mortlock ?
14. Drew Mitchell
15. Julian Huxley

16. Adam Freier
17. Al Baxter
18. Mark Chisholm
19. Stephen Hoiles
20. Phil Waugh
21. Adam Ashley-Cooper
22. Mark Gerrard

Steel Dragon
17-06-07, 02:52 AM
Final score: Australia 19, South Africa 22. A couple of good field goals to some South African kiddie sunk us. Very disheartening, because we defended like demons, but between bad luck, dumb decisions with the ball, and the ref only reffing one side toward the end of the match, we just couldn't hold on. But at least I think there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Jason

Steelers
17-06-07, 04:12 AM
The field goal from the sideline and 40m out from the tryline was amazing, plain and simple.

Steve
17-06-07, 09:23 AM
between their quotas and our junior system (ie.no pushing in scrums ) it will be OK!

Maybe we should raid the NZ junior system.

Junior Kiwis 50, Australia A 0.

And these are guys who are meant to be pushing for spots in the wallabies squad. :D

Watch out! Some league wingers will be making the change!

Old Diehard
17-06-07, 05:21 PM
I WAS WRONG!!! I thought we had no chance! Can't tell you how impressed I was in the end by the Wallabies and how happy I am too be wrong!- their defense in the first 20minutes and last 20 was fanastic. I thought we brought a bit apon ourselves not finding touch a lot with clearing kicks. Julien Huxley kicks at times were shockers! BUT our forwards can hold their heads up high...they were expected to be pushed and shoved all over the field but they tackled well!! Set pieces it was expected the Boks would tear us to pieces - they didn't. John Connelly - if this was the first game in the campaign for the World Cup ( A home game in the Republic is as tough as they come), I think you are very astute!
A loss but the Wallabies can hold their heads high .
PS. I always thought 3 points for a field goal was to many (Union addicts won't agree!) but this Afrikaan at fullback proved it. Change it to 1 point and teams will need to go for tries to win!
"Go Well"

Hoppy2007Dragons
17-06-07, 05:41 PM
my tip was almost right, lol. a good game by the wallabies, just the kicking and exectuion at times failed.

Go_The_Doggies
17-06-07, 07:33 PM
Maybe the Saffa's arnt as good as we all think hey???:)

They should have caned Australia.