PDA

View Full Version : Titans delay call on Presto

DIEHARD
13-06-07, 04:41 AM
Titans delay call on Presto

TITANS strike weapon Preston Campbell will be given until the end of the week to prove his fitness as he fights to make his comeback from a serious knee injury against the Wests Tigers on Sunday.

Campbell, who has been sidelined since May 3 with ligament damage, was not named in the Titans side to take on the Tigers yesterday.

But Titans coach John Cartwright said he would wait to make a call on Campbell until Friday, following his first full week of training since the injury.

"We will monitor him as the week goes," said Cartwright. "He has been doing a fair bit of long stuff, but today was stop/start so we will just have to wait and see how he pulls up with it.

"We will see how he is on the day off (Friday) and if he comes through all right he will be in line for selection."

The Titans have wasted no time in injecting new recruit Ian Donnelly to beef up the depleted forward pack, with the former Melbourne Storm prop named on the bench for the Campbelltown clash.

Donnelly only joined the side last Thursday in the wake of season-ending injuries to Titans big men Brad Meyers and Michael Henderson.

"We brought him up here because we are skinny in the front row," said Cartwright, who has pencilled in Blues representative Luke Bailey to back up from tonight's State of Origin and start the match alongside James Stosic.

Hooker/second rower Clint Amos has escaped being charged for a dangerous tackle in the Queensland Cup, for which he was put on report while playing for Burleigh at the weekend.

It means Amos will make his return to the NRL this week after serving a two-match ban for a dangerous tackle against the Dragons in round 10.

In a selection surprise, Cartwright has named both Amos and Matt Hilder on the bench.

As they are a similar type of player it was thought Cartwright would be forced to go with one or the other, particularly with backrowers Josh Graham, Luke O'Dwyer and Daniel Conn returning from injury.

"We really want to have speed around the park to try and cover how they (Tigers) play the game," said Cartwright.

"The Tigers play a very similar game to us.

"If we were playing the Broncos or someone like that you would probably think a bit differently (about selecting both Hilder and Amos) but I have no problem going with those two on the bench."

http://www.gcbulletin.com.au/

lonegull
13-06-07, 08:17 AM
good to see there not going to rush presto back he is going to be an important part of the team for the run into the semi's, i still think he will play this weekend carty will kepp timmy sheens guessing

bigjim
13-06-07, 10:27 AM
Presto will be there.

Cartwright is playing mind games.

patskE
13-06-07, 02:27 PM
tbh if his not 100% dont risk him
even if his 99%
mathers is safe
dotn nothing wrong
no need to rush him in

quins rl
13-06-07, 07:13 PM
tbh if his not 100% dont risk him
even if his 99%
mathers is safe
dotn nothing wrong
no need to rush him in
Agree 100%,better safe than sorry,dont want him breaking down and missing the run-in for the play-offs.

shamus
13-06-07, 10:22 PM
Presto will be there.

Cartwright is playing mind games.

yep......I reckin' too. I was speaking with me mate presto last Saturday*, and he said he was feeling good and was having a workout on Monday to see how he holds up.

*Saturday....umm.......let me see now, sitting at Robina Town Centre in the food court havin' my KFC and 'presto' some dude walked past tripping over my wifes handbag............geez.......sorry guys, don't think any damage was done, but hey......I got to talk to him....nice fella.

Steel Dragon
14-06-07, 12:04 AM
I hope Presto plays. I need some good news right now. Nearly had a heart attack when they said Cooper was gone early in the first half tonight.

Jason

BringBackWillie
16-06-07, 02:05 PM
Fingers crossed Presto plays tomorrow!
I'm looking forward to a Titans away win!!!!:hissyfit"