PDA

View Full Version : Chris Walker selected for QLD Country

DIEHARD
12-06-07, 02:35 AM
Walker to run out in Country side

EXILED Gold Coast Titan Chris Walker, who next week will complete an eight-match ban imposed by the Titans after an off-field indiscretion, has been named in the centres for Queensland Country for the annual clash with City at Kougari Oval, Wynnum, on June 23.

The 27-year-old is then likely to be in strong contention for the Queensland-NSW Residents clash, the curtain-raiser for Origin 3 at Suncorp Stadium on July 4.

Interestingly Walker's NRL ban ends next week, which means he will be eligible for the Titans, who are playing Newcastle at Gold Coast Stadium, also on June 23.

Titans coach John Cartwright said while he was happy with Walker's selection for Queensland Country, he would not walk straight back into a Titans jumper.

"He is obviously playing decent footy, but it is not an issue of going back and playing a few weeks in Queensland Cup and that means you have conquered things," said Cartwright.

"As long as he is playing good footy he will stay under our notice, doing the right things and maybe his opportunity will arise.

"Just at the moment I am happy with what we have got and these blokes have been working hard and doing all the right things and they deserve first crack."

Walker, who was banned by the Titans after an alcohol-related incident at a Gold Coast nightclub, says life off field was 'back on track', however Cartwright says actions will speak loudest.

"The only thing I will listen to there are his actions," said Cartwright of Walker.

"It is too easy to say that everything is in order. I will let his actions decide that. Time will tell."

During his banishment from the Titans, Walker has played in the Queensland Cup with Ipswich.

QLD COUNTRY: Nick Parfitt (Burleigh), Nathanael Barnes (Tweed Heads), Jordan Atkins (Burleigh), Chris Walker (Ipswich), Shannon Walker (Tweed Heads), Jackson Nicolau (North Qld), Shane Muspratt (North Qld), Isaak Ah Mau (Ipswich), Michael Ryan (Ipswich), John Frith (North Qld), Andrew Moroney (Tweed Heads), Martin Griese (Burleigh), Danny Coburn (Ipswich). Interchange: Leigh Coghill (Burleigh), Scott Alo (Ipswich), Ben Lowe (North Qld), Ben Black (Burleigh).

http://www.gcbulletin.com.au/

DIEHARD
12-06-07, 02:36 AM
Great to see so many players from our feeder teams making the side, especially Barnes, Walker, Walker and Parfitt.

patskE
12-06-07, 03:35 AM
isnt all bar the halfback titans?

but yeh, he shouldnt walk into a spot right away
has to earn it, he said all this last time when he signed with us, was going to be a choir boy i think were his words
great player, cant wait for him to break bak into the nrl

Teegy
12-06-07, 06:46 AM
sweet . great to see benny lowe gettin a run. he deserves it

travop
12-06-07, 09:08 AM
y isnt this televised on prime time tv like the nsw version?

Cowboy Titan
12-06-07, 09:20 AM
y isnt this televised on prime time tv like the nsw version?

You're in luck:

Rugby League: ABC Qld
City Vs Country

2:00pm Saturday, 23 Jun 2007

RLfan
12-06-07, 09:39 AM
Parfitt is a good selection, I used to watch him play for Rovers in Marybourgh back in the day. I am guessing that it is the same Mick Ryan that used to play for Broncos. Should be a good game.

Dirtydog
12-06-07, 01:26 PM
Great to see martin Griese getting a run as well.

bigjim
12-06-07, 01:56 PM
Great to see martin Griese getting a run as well.

Not before time.