PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs sign Dragons junior

k-unit
08-06-07, 11:25 AM

DOGS AND LEANEO AGREE TO TERMS
8th Jun 2007 @ 10:14am

Promising prop forward Charlie Leaneo will join the Bulldogs for the 2008 and 2009 NRL season after he agreed to terms with the club.

Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes commented, "Charlie is a big strong front rower. He'll come to us with the knowledge that with a good off-season he'll be in the mix for a spot in the 17.

Leano, 21, has been with the Dragons club since 2002 and has scored three tries in six first grade games.

Good signing by the 'Dogs. Has played very few first grade games and scored 3 tries. Good effort, will suit the styles of Williams, Mason, Ryan etc. Well done Bulldogs and it was expected they start to make a few signings after letting a few go...

Titanium_BD1103
08-06-07, 06:30 PM
Matt you need to put where you got that from.. I have edited it with the address but in future it needs to have a source.. :)

This is a great signing for us.. we need someone to challenge for O'Meley's spot and signing Leaneo will be a good depth and a good challenge for Hickey who was almost certain to get a spot in the 17 beforehand... ;)

It is good to see we are looking to the future too... but I am a bit worried we are starting to become St-George Illawarra Bulldogs :laugh:.... oh well if St George-Illawarra keep releasing talent, the Bulldogs are more than happy to take them.. ;)

Capital_Shark
08-06-07, 06:39 PM
With Leaneo and Hickey the Bulldogs will still have one of the biggest forward packs. They'll be feared too - by the bloke at the pie stand!

k-unit
08-06-07, 06:41 PM
Thanks TBD, Will keep that in mind for next time :) And your right, the Bulldogs have taken alot of Dragons juniors but thats good news. If the Dragons are stupid enough to let them go, its their fault.

LOL @ Capital Shark.

Hoppy2007Dragons
08-06-07, 07:04 PM
were not stupid for releasing them we can't fit them under the cap or like other clubs have put the players best intrests forward insted of the club.

This is true for the millard brothers, i thin kthey would have struggled to make the 17 with all the other young talent and holdsworth was being kept down by matty head/trent barrett etc.

And its not like the dragons are short on big fellas.

But yes i think i know why the bulldogs are so succesfull, half their playing roster are former saints players :p

Ryan
08-06-07, 07:09 PM
........But yes i think i know why the bulldogs are so succesfull, half their playing roster are former saints players :p

Thats why they are both fighting for the bottom of the ladder? :duh: