PDA

View Full Version : Round 14: West Tigers v Titans @ Campbelltown

BringBackWillie
04-06-07, 10:35 AM
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx11911.gifv http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpg

Join the Southern Legion at Campbelltown Stadium on 17 June 2007

Finally, another game down south for the Gold Coast Titans who are now sitting equally in the Top 8 after their trouncing of the Raiders on the weekend!

Game details are as follows:

Date: Sunday, 17 June 2007
Kickoff: 3pm
Venue: Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Pembroke Road
Transport Details: our Tigers/Titan friend "Buddha" has advised that anyone travelling there by train should get off at the Leumeah train station (not the Campbelltown station).
Drivers: For the drivers, from Sydney / Liverpool / Cronulla, take the M5 south to Campbelltown, then take the Campbelltown Road Exit.There is generally many parking spots around the train station and the leagues club too.

Tickets: call West Tigers on (02) 8741 3300 or you can collect tix at Wests Tigers HQ Concord Oval, Wests Campbelltown Leagues, Wests Ashfield Leagues or Balmain Leagues Club. Campbelltown is a 18,000 capacity stadium and with the ex-Tigers Titans boys playing, it'll likely be at near full capacity. We will be getting General Admin tickets which cost $22 (adults), $14 (concession), $8 (kids). For more game day details, visit the Tigers website at http://www.weststigers.com.au/next_match.aspx?GameMatchId=15

Southern Legion assembly point: We will be bunkering down in the South-West hill area on the other side of the Tigers Fanatics. People will be there to bar a spot from approx 12:30 onwards, so if you can also get there early to help, that'd be great! It is another hill stadium so bring your rugs and chairs, and don't forget to pack your voices, confetti, flags, banners and jerseys. Hopefully, Josh will have even more war cries for us to learn. We are going to be joined by a number of people from Queensland too so this is the Southern Legion's chance to teach the Northern Legion some of our Titans songs. Adapted from Josh's Matty Rogers song, here is one to learn in preparation for this game:

There's only one... Scotty Prince
He played for Balmain
But he wasn't the same
He's now living in a Titans wonderland!

So - who's coming?

tiger.rose
04-06-07, 02:29 PM
I love your Scotty Prince song. And I agree that there is only one Scotty Prince...BUT he played for the Wests Tigers not Balmain.

I'll be there supporting Scotty!!!!

deborah
04-06-07, 02:34 PM
Great song, I am 100% sure he played for the Wests Tigers, I am posiitve I seen him play in the wests tigers last july at suncorp again bronco's....so how could he play with balmain????
Scott you rule!! woo woo

tiger.rose
04-06-07, 02:36 PM
I was at that game too, and he was definitely wearing a Wests Tigers Jersey!!!

deborah
04-06-07, 02:38 PM
Yes he was in the same side as Skando!! woo woo

Tamwelg
04-06-07, 03:10 PM
Great song, I am 100% sure he played for the Wests Tigers, I am posiitve I seen him play in the wests tigers last july at suncorp again bronco's....so how could he play with balmain????
Scott you rule!! woo woo

West Tigers / Balmain same thing :D

tiger.rose
04-06-07, 04:18 PM
West Tigers / Balmain same thing :D

:nope: IT IS NOT THE SAME THING...COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TEAMS!!!

Steve
04-06-07, 06:00 PM
There's a chance i'll be in Sydney for this game, so will try to head out if I am.
Gotta check flights and confirm when i'm going down.

patskE
04-06-07, 06:07 PM
might come
buy touch with a group of guys
all go for the tigers
might head in with em

BringBackWillie
04-06-07, 06:24 PM
:nope: IT IS NOT THE SAME THING...COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TEAMS!!!

:mad: you try and make the song work then :p

Simon_122
04-06-07, 09:19 PM
We will be there barring any unforseen weather hicups...
And we will sing the Scotty Prince - Balmain song,,,,,different teams????
Next they will be trying to tell us that the St George Steelers are totally different to the Illawarra Dragons.:D

Big J
06-06-07, 01:34 PM
Will be doing my best to get out for what should be a very entertaining game. Few of the lads are tigers supporters so I will try and get a group together. Mainly Pro Titans of course!!!!

BringBackWillie
06-06-07, 05:47 PM
That's be great Big J - make sure you introduce yourselves!

PROMETHEUS
06-06-07, 10:46 PM
How about this:
He played for Tigers
But he wasn't the same
He's now living in a Titans wonderland!

Any thoughts? :woot:

Steve
07-06-07, 09:26 AM
Flight is booked, i'm heading down on the wednesday, so fingers crossed I can make it to the game.

Sydney Titan
08-06-07, 12:01 PM
Hello All,
I will be there for sure and will be catching the West Tigers supporters bus from Balmain Leagues. If you could contact the club it's only $10 return or each way and if you know how far it is thats a good deal. Hopefully I don't get killed on the bus and run into you guys out at the ground.. I am told it leaves early and you get out there around 12pm so plenty of time for a drink

BringBackWillie
08-06-07, 10:15 PM
That's great! Come one, come all!

dee13
09-06-07, 11:24 AM
WOW... My team is making the trip down to play on my old home ground. Back in the mid 80's I played junior rep footy for The Newtown Campelltown Jets and we were based at Campbelltown Stadium. Lots of good memories and painful memories (hill runs and sprint training). Lets hope our guys come away with the points.

TITAN FOR LIFE
DEE

Panthers Wolf
11-06-07, 11:05 AM
I'll be there prepared for any weather conditions - given the past few days in Sydney have been pretty wild.
This will be my first Titans game and I am looking forward to it. I'll be honest, up until a week ago I was a Storm supporter but with a recent player change my commitment has changed. Hope to catch up with some of you on the hill or around the ground.

PW

DIEHARD
11-06-07, 11:25 AM
Look forward to seeing you there Panther Wolf. I'll be there.

This will be a huge match for the Titans on and off the field.

patskE
12-06-07, 06:54 PM
found out my dad is holding a surpise bbq for his mum on sun
cant go :(

BringBackWillie
12-06-07, 07:45 PM
Any chance you can surprise the family and arrive late so you can go to the game?:woot:

sargent
12-06-07, 10:06 PM
Hey all, haven't posted here in a while, im a friend of budda's I will be going to the game and will catch up with you guys at the game.

PROMETHEUS
12-06-07, 10:50 PM
found out my dad is holding a surpise bbq for his mum on sun
cant go :(

Yeah i got caught out when i was gonna go to the Titans vs Panfers game at penriff..found out 2 days beforehand mywifes niece was having a bbq on the day and couldnt go:hissyfit"

Steve
14-06-07, 05:16 PM
Anyone coming down from Qld, I suggest bring LOTS of warm clothing.
I'm rugged up and still cold! I was considering the Panthers game on saturday night too, but that might kill me. :D

DIEHARD
14-06-07, 05:24 PM
Anyone coming down from Qld, I suggest bring LOTS of warm clothing.
I'm rugged up and still cold! I was considering the Panthers game on saturday night too, but that might kill me. :D

Haha thanks for the advance tip mate! I'll definitely heed it!

It may be cold, but let's do it for the Titans, rain, hail or shine....for frost.

What is the weather looking? We gonna get some rain?

See you on Sunday!

Social Loafer
14-06-07, 05:30 PM
Have fun with the Tigers fans, they are a dodgy mob :laugh:

patskE
14-06-07, 06:06 PM
it just get cold at night n mornings very very cold
there was a big rain shower a few days ago
hasnt rained since

BringBackWillie
14-06-07, 08:45 PM
Freezing here and expect the rain

Panthers Wolf
15-06-07, 01:10 PM
Rain and storms predicted for the weekend. Bring the Driza-Bone!

PW

DIEHARD
15-06-07, 04:30 PM
I'll be prepared, I also have several gold and blue punchos for the Southern Legion crew.

So if it rains we can at least look stylish and resourceful.

DIEHARD
16-06-07, 12:54 PM
Bad news, with all this rain forecast, I'm not gonna admit coming down because I was going to drive and also visit my uncle who is sick. I also have an exam and several assignments due next week, so maybe its for the best.

I don't often bail, so I hope everyone understands how agonising the decision is, especially because it is going to be a fantastic game and a memorable occasion.

BringBackWillie
16-06-07, 02:07 PM
Arrggghhhh - what happened to the nick "DIE HARD" !!!!! :cry:

Hhmmmmnnn - had been hoping you had sent down the swords by now too :nope:

BringBackWillie
16-06-07, 02:08 PM
On a more serious note - the club has indicated that this game is a near sell-out, with only GA tickets remaining.

Remember Southern Legion - we're assembling on the SW end of the stadium. Hopefully, it will be nice and grassy as opposed to some mudslide hill

DIEHARD
16-06-07, 02:13 PM
Hhmmmmnnn - had been hoping you had sent down the swords by now too :nope:

Well I was going to bring them, I have 30 for the Southern Legion.

I guess it's time to die hard on my study for a change. That is why it's so quiet around here, half our mod team is totally committed to uni work.

BringBackWillie
16-06-07, 02:16 PM
:hissyfit"

Ok ok... guess you've sat through the rain and wind for the game against the Cowboys up there... as for study - grrrr!!!!

Steve
16-06-07, 02:28 PM
I'm hoping the showers stay away, hopefully by showers they don't mean constant rain!

Also hoping GA tickets are available on the day, might have to pop in early. Still unsure what family stuff is going on.

BringBackWillie
16-06-07, 02:46 PM
Forecast is for rain and temperatures of between 12-15 degrees. Generally colder out west so pack the ski gear!

Today's been wet - alternating from light drizzle to down pours in the inner west. Fingers crossed it won't rain during the period of time we're there - I can't afford another cold:nope:

Panthers Wolf
16-06-07, 08:03 PM
I'll be there rain, hail or shine. Got the Driza_Bone and Akubra. Sure hope they have some GA tix left! Hopefully the rain won't keep the crowd down.
So far it has been wet and more wet out the south west way, more rain predicted for tomorrow and as I type this another down pour is happening.

Sorry you can't make it DIEHARD...was looking forward to meeting you...there wil always be a next time.

Catch you all tomorrow.

PW

Steve
17-06-07, 01:28 PM
I got my ticket!

And a folding camp stool, and a few ponchos. :D

Now to hope the legion are really obvious!

BringBackWillie
17-06-07, 08:38 PM
Well, after all the talk about the need for ponchos, the rain, the wind - it was fine and sunny and the ground was dry out at Campbelltown ***shrugs***, not that we wanted to complain.

Not a bad turn out from the Southern Legion and it was great to meet PW, see Steve down here, and meet the guys who travelled from the Coast who joined us

Jubilant over the win!

The Tigers fans were pretty well behaved apart us copping a full cup of beer at full time from someone in the hill :( and we got back at them towards the end when we changed our "Titans!" chants to "Tigers" chants midway thru the chant so that they would be chorusing with "Tigers suck" instead of Titans suck :rolf:

Steve
17-06-07, 08:44 PM
I could have done with a poncho at the end!

But hey, the beer washes out.
The loss doesn't. :D

Had quite a few others congratulate us on a good game on the way out too, so definitely not all bad.

Good to meet some of the Titans fans out there. And Panthers Wolf found us pretty easy!

Panthers Wolf
18-06-07, 12:04 PM
Great to meet up with you all and it was not difficult at all to spot the gold, blue and white!!
I actually had seats in the upper deck of the stadium but quickly abandoned them for the atmosphere of the hill and company of the Legion!

What a vocal mob we were!

PW

patskE
18-06-07, 01:34 PM
any pics?

BringBackWillie
18-06-07, 09:33 PM
Great to meet up with you all and it was not difficult at all to spot the gold, blue and white!!
I actually had seats in the upper deck of the stadium but quickly abandoned them for the atmosphere of the hill and company of the Legion!

What a vocal mob we were!

PW

Wow, you abandoned your seats to join us - that's great commitment PW!

Hope to see you at future Southern Legion games!