PDA

View Full Version : Ground Announcer

Coaster
03-06-07, 04:15 PM
I couldnt make the game today, but could hear Paul Gale getting the crowd going over the mike.

He needs to be more involved, his second half performance was as bad as the Titans, he waited until 20 minutes into the second half to start a chant.

Mate if you read this, get more involved, alot of those familys at the game need to know when they should get behind the team, and that first 10 minutes of the second half, was a prime example of when the team needed us.

Social Loafer
03-06-07, 06:37 PM
I like it when Ground Announcers stay quiet for as much as possible.. I think crowds are smart enough to know when they need to get behind the team.. There's nothing more annoying then stuff like recorded Parra *clap*clap*clap* chants which get played over the P.A at their home ground.

Coaster
03-06-07, 06:41 PM
I like it when Ground Announcers stay quiet for as much as possible.. I think crowds are smart enough to know when they need to get behind the team.. There's nothing more annoying then stuff like recorded Parra *clap*clap*clap* chants which get played over the P.A at their home ground.

Not when your team is on the back foot.
We needed help out there today, and the crowd had a chance to do that, we were getting steamrolled.

I still cant believe we didnt get beaten, 1 set of six we lost 10 meters

Capital_Shark
03-06-07, 06:42 PM
There's nothing more annoying then stuff like recorded Parra *clap*clap*clap* chants which get played over the P.A at their home ground.

BS - The knob head ground announcer at Penrith who plays that "roar" every time ANYTHING goes in favor of the Panthers. Penalties, knock-ons, half decent tackles the lot. That is definitely more annoying.

Coaster
03-06-07, 06:44 PM
BS - The knob head ground announcer at Penrith who plays that "roar" every time ANYTHING goes in favor of the Panthers. Penalties, knock-ons, half decent tackles the lot. That is definitely more annoying.

Haha that adds to the atmosphere
I love the Jaws music ect from Sharks

We need to really help the crowd this year, becuase they just cant get into the game, its not the crowds fault, its the ground itself, but the announcer needs to help bridge that gap.

RLfan
03-06-07, 06:53 PM
I agree that Penrith guy is a ****head, I also hate Penrith's video ref music.

Steelers
03-06-07, 07:04 PM
The Panthers roar is shocking. It got so annoying watching the game on Friday night. I also hate it when ground announcers start chanting the team name. I think it started at the Cowboys. Hearing a chant of 'Cowboys..... Cowboys...' over the loud speaker at the most random of times really is quite annoying. And I actually find the music that the Dragons run out to really annoying and out of place. I think we can find better music to pump everyone up than a 1950's rendition of 'When the Saints come marching in' :|

Steve
03-06-07, 07:12 PM
I like the Panthers roar. :D
Should be saved for things like big hits though.

Don't much care either way about ground announcers. I think fans are capable of starting it themselves without their help though.

Social Loafer
03-06-07, 07:27 PM
The Panthers roar is shocking. It got so annoying watching the game on Friday night. I also hate it when ground announcers start chanting the team name. I think it started at the Cowboys. Hearing a chant of 'Cowboys..... Cowboys...' over the loud speaker at the most random of times really is quite annoying. And I actually find the music that the Dragons run out to really annoying and out of place. I think we can find better music to pump everyone up than a 1950's rendition of 'When the Saints come marching in' :|

C'mon it can't be as bad as the Wallabies playing Walzing Matilda in response to the haka. Yeah boys that'll pump everyone up!!

RLfan
03-06-07, 07:32 PM
Also the Newcastle one is annoying. At random points of the game "Andrew Johns sponsored by Patties Pies, Regeen Tanner sponsored by Dingbat Drycleaning" and running through the sponsor of each of the players.

travop
03-06-07, 08:30 PM
u no today was the first titans game i have attended at carrare but neways i was sittin in the grandstand across from the gc stadium sign and a guy and his son armed with two titans flags started that chant where everyone was banging their feet on the grandstand and thus the announcer tried to start it up agian as coaster metioned

bigjim
05-06-07, 10:56 AM
I think the old team name chant and the 'We are the Champions' needs to go.

A little more thought, structure and sophistication wouldn't go astray.

When you hear the chants and songs at a English football game it's absolutely stirring, even if you don't follow either of the teams. Over there, the crowd leads the interjection.

In United States, the background noise is more measured, controlled and artificial. They tend to have the recorded music, chants, claps etc... In the US the people are lead by the interjection. To some this continuas background noice can be annoying but it does add to the atmosphere, even if you have a headache at the end of it.

I think at the new Robina stadium would should have a combination of both, without going over the top.

In the United Kingdom, Europe and South America, they are driven by the passion for their team, whereas, in the United States, they admire the spectacle and show.

A good balance of both would be good for Robina.

A couple of this I do hate at the footy, are the quiet lulls in your part of the stand when the action is all down the other end of the field, and the sponsor announcements at the most inopportune moments in an interesting game.:nope:

C-Whiz
05-06-07, 07:06 PM
I think the old team name chant and the 'We are the Champions' needs to go.

A little more thought, structure and sophistication wouldn't go astray.

When you hear the chants and songs at a English football game it's absolutely stirring, even if you don't follow either of the teams. Over there, the crowd leads the interjection.

In United States, the background noise is more measured, controlled and artificial. They tend to have the recorded music, chants, claps etc... In the US the people are lead by the interjection. To some this continuas background noice can be annoying but it does add to the atmosphere, even if you have a headache at the end of it.

I think at the new Robina stadium would should have a combination of both, without going over the top.

In the United Kingdom, Europe and South America, they are driven by the passion for their team, whereas, in the United States, they admire the spectacle and show.

A good balance of both would be good for Robina.

A couple of this I do hate at the footy, are the quiet lulls in your part of the stand when the action is all down the other end of the field, and the sponsor announcements at the most inopportune moments in an interesting game.:nope:

My sentiments exactly! It was a very quiet crowd at the scoreboard end on Sunday and I was hoping for a bit of singing etc.

I would urge you and others to find my thread about songs and chants and submit any suggestions you may have. I am putting together a couple of new ones.

I have the view that we would be something of a "trendsetting" NRL crowd if we could all learn songs and sing together at certain times, whether to lift the team, demoralise the opposition or just amuse ourselves between stoppages. When you watch English or European soccer leagues and the crowd is in full voice it is an awe-inspiring thing, even though I don't have a clue what they are singing about.

So, go and check out the songs and chants thread and throw in your ideas.

DIEHARD
05-06-07, 07:15 PM
I totally agree C-Whiz and I reckon we have the people, the voices, the songs and the motivation to make it happen.

As we talked about on Sunday, I think we should meet up this weekend, it being the BYE weekend and talk about some ideas.

I reckon we could easily get over a dozen people singing, for starters.

We just need to work out what songs we want to try.