View Full Version : Round 12: Penrith Panthers vs Manly Sea Eagles

Titanium_BD1103
29-05-07, 12:51 PM
Penrith Panthers vs Manly Sea Eagles
CUA Stadium Penrith, Friday 1 June; 7:30PM

Referee: Steve Clark

Team Notes:

Panthers

- Geoff Daniella goes from the bench to the wing to replace Nick Youngquest who moves back to a 19 man bench.

- Frank Puletua goes from the bench to prop to replace Brendan Worth who moves back to a 19 man bench.

Sea Eagles

- George Rose's season ending injury has forced a reshuffle to the bench with Cuthbertson, Ballin and Finefeuiaki all called up to a 19 man bench (2 to be omitted).

http://rebelsport.com.au/data/pages/categories/images/NRL_09.gif

1. Rhys Wesser
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Luke Lewis
5. Geoff Daniela
6. Peter Wallace
7. Craig Gower (c)
8. Joel Clinton
9. Luke Priddis
10. Frank Puletua
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Tony Puletua
13. Nathan Smith
Interchange:

14. Brendan Worth
15. Junior Moors
16. Tim Grant
17. Paul Aiton
18. Nick Youngquest
19. Maurice Blair

http://rebelsport.com.au/data/pages/categories/images/NRL_13.gif

1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Robertson
3. Steve Bell
4. Steve Matai
5. Chris Hicks
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Matt Orford (c)
8. Jason King
9. Michael Monaghan
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Luke Williamson
Interchange:
14. Travis Burns
15. Glenn Hall
16. Mark Bryant
17. Adam Cuthbertson
18. Matt Ballin
19. Sione Finefeuiaki

DIEHARD
01-06-07, 07:53 PM
Apparently Burns has pulled out late, with suspected pneumonia but there are fears it could also be meninga****al (Spelling).

We have the Broncos/Dragons up here so we can't really hear what's going on but apparently Ch 9 commentators are discussing it.

Let's hope Travis is ok!

Capital_Shark
01-06-07, 11:50 PM
Should have gone with my gut feeling here! NEVER trust the Sea Eagles! Useless pack of .....

Once again Orford goes MIA when he needs to stand up and get his team home. And Jamie Lyon continues to be fat and useless. Glenn and Brett Stewart, Michael Monaghan and Anthony Watmough are the only blokes consistently earning their money. Possibly Brent Kite.

Steve
01-06-07, 11:51 PM
Gordon didn't play, hopefully he's not injured too badly.

Good win from the Panthers, they showed what they're capable of, although was a bit worrying towards the end.

Good work holding out Manly despite the lopsided penalty count.
Far too many stupid penalties, relieving the pressure they'd put on through some good play.

But i'll take a win however it comes!

Titans win on sunday, and i'm a happy boy!

SuperCliffy#01
02-06-07, 11:52 AM
Should have gone with my gut feeling here! NEVER trust the Sea Eagles! Useless pack of .....

Once again Orford goes MIA when he needs to stand up and get his team home. And Jamie Lyon continues to be fat and useless. Glenn and Brett Stewart, Michael Monaghan and Anthony Watmough are the only blokes consistently earning their money. Possibly Brent Kite.

That's a tough call CS, we are still at the top of the table. But i agree that Orford should have played better than he did, we also missed George Rose, but i have one scathing complaint and that is towards Brent Kite, why does a 6 foot 4 plus 110 kilo player always props at the line of defense, i am sick of him just stopping at the line of defence, if i was as big as him i would hit the line as hard as i could, and i can guarantee that i would break the line more than he does, which is almost never.

Regards

Cliffy

Coaster
02-06-07, 11:56 AM
That's a tough call CS, we are still at the top of the table. But i agree that Orford should have played better than he did, we also missed George Rose, but i have one scathing complaint and that is towards Brent Kite, why does a 6 foot 4 plus 110 kilo player always props at the line of defense, i am sick of him just stopping at the line of defence, if i was as big as him i would hit the line as hard as i could, and i can guarantee that i would break the line more than he does, which is almost never.

Regards

Cliffy

Kite and Thorn seem to have the same problem.

Capital_Shark
02-06-07, 01:44 PM

Regards

Cliffy

George Rose was a massive loss. Your right about Kite, very disappointing.

Maybe it was a little tough, but I just mean if everyone put in like the blokes I mentioned as consistently as they do, there would be no stopping your lot. Hasler has to realise Lyon is a centre, not a ball player, too. You need Burns back ASAP, can't believe they're putting their eggs in Orford and Lyon's basket, not making Monaghan and Burns priority signings.