PDA

View Full Version : Rabbitohs: Jaiman Lowe accepts four-match ban

Souths'n'Titans
27-05-07, 08:09 PM
Delaney is reported to have testicle grabbed J-Lo, hence the retaliation.

It wasn't a king hit, Delaney could see what was happening, walked up, grabbed him by the jersey and bam, good right hand.

The sad thing is he will get a long suspension. If J-Lo couldn't fight, and just brushed his jaw, Delaney would hit back and it would be all in and both would get 10 mins in the bin. Because J-Lo clean KOed him, he will serve a lengthy suspension.

Capital_Shark
27-05-07, 08:13 PM
Not entirely unlike Danny Williams on Mark O'Neill in 2004 if you ask me. Lowe by name Lowe by nature and deserves a similar lengthy suspension like Williams received, 18 weeks if memory serves correctly.

Oh well, with Russ at the helm it was bound to become part of the Souffs culture. I guess Delaney can be thankful Lowe didn't have an old Nokia in his socks.

Souths'n'Titans
27-05-07, 08:19 PM
Deserves a lenthy suspension based on what? His ability to fight?

Chaos
27-05-07, 08:19 PM
Delaney is reported to have testicle grabbed J-Lo, hence the retaliation.

It wasn't a king hit, Delaney could see what was happening, walked up, grabbed him by the jersey and bam, good right hand.

The sad thing is he will get a long suspension. If J-Lo couldn't fight, and just brushed his jaw, Delaney would hit back and it would be all in and both would get 10 mins in the bin. Because J-Lo clean KOed him, he will serve a lengthy suspension.

Mate...no man can get up and chase somebody after copping a hit in the nuts.
Once your hit...your down.

If Delany did grab him and it didn't hurt...then he should be blowing him kisses.

The last guy I saw react like that after a minor incident was on steriods.

Capital_Shark
27-05-07, 08:22 PM

Pull the other one mate, it plays Glory, Glory to South Sydney.

Perhaps if he was a boxer, he wold be commended, but unfortunately your ability to fight has nothing to do with playing Rugby League.

dee13
27-05-07, 08:26 PM
I haven't viewed the footage to see what part Brett played in J-Lo's reaction, but from what I saw, J-Lo had a choice to either report it to the referee or do what he did.

Unfortunatly for J-Lo he chose the later and it looked very ordinary no matter what angle. His choice will no doubt cost him dearly.

Chaos
27-05-07, 08:27 PM

Last time I looked...attacking the head earnt a suspension.
As a Souths supporter, your still in denial.

Cowboy Titan
27-05-07, 08:30 PM
I guess that sort of play runs in the family. This is from a Young Guns game in 2005

http://www.qrl.com.au/display.php?pg_id=727

TWEED HEADS v NORTH QLD, Piggabeen Complex, Sunday 2.30pm, July 31.

NORTH Queensland prop Ben Lowe stands to miss a large portion of his club?s run through the finals after being charged with four offences from last week?s win over Ipswich.

A week after entering an early plea to a high tackle charge and escaping suspension, Lowe (pictured) has been hit with three counts of striking and one of tripping. The most serious of the offences is ungraded and sees Lowe referred straight to the judiciary. All incidents relate to play between the 55th and 75th minutes.

Coincidentally, Lowe?s older brother Jaiman returns this week after missing two matches via suspension.

Tamwelg
27-05-07, 08:37 PM
Nothing less then 8 weeks for the thug I say.

And not only did he hand himself a long stint on the sideline, he also gave away the last opportunity for his team to level thew score.

Hoppy2007Dragons
27-05-07, 08:47 PM
Cheap is all i can say, very very cheap, if i was Gallop, i would ban this thug for life.

Think about it if that was on the street were delany ended up with 10 stiches and no evidence of provocation he would be in strife with the law.

What he did was outside the rules fo the game, if i was delany i would have the thug charged with assualt.

Very dirty.

Know having had my blow up and delany accidentaly/intentionally grabed his testicles, general people would report it, not knock the **** out of the player.

Cowboy Titan
27-05-07, 09:18 PM
There's some interesting comments on the Souths forum with plenty in support of Jaiman.

After watching the footage and photos, I have to say that delainy is pansy. He saw him coming, he put his arms up to protect himself, he got knocked the **** out! Dude if you get knocked out cause you cant fight its not the punchers fault its your own. He shouldn't be given anything. He shouldn't have been sent off. It looked bad because that pansy couldn't protect himself in a fight, he knew it was on and still got knocked out. Jaiman should take up boxing.I guess it's always someone else's fault down in Redfern.

http://rabbitohs.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=sff&action=display&thread=1180217946 (http://rabbitohs.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=sff&action=display&thread=1180217946)

Capital_Shark
27-05-07, 09:22 PM
if i was delany i would have the thug charged with assualt.

Woah, easy Tiger. It was a dog act but lets not start mixing sport and common law. Leave this stuff to the judiciary, not involve outside sources, it'll be the death of our game and all contact sport.

Capital_Shark
27-05-07, 09:26 PM
There's some interesting comments on the Souths forum with plenty in support of Jaiman.

I guess it's always someone else's fault down in Redfern.

http://rabbitohs.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=sff&action=display&thread=1180217946 (http://rabbitohs.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=sff&action=display&thread=1180217946)

LOL ******** Souths fans. Haven't seen a bloke in a Souths jersey play decent football for so long they forget what attributes are required to win a match.

"Not his fault the other guy got knocked out easy" - What a rubbish excuse, of course its his fault, Delaney's inability to take a punch wouldn't be a factor if Lowe never threw one to begin with.

Coaster
27-05-07, 09:31 PM
The only thing Lowe did was lose the game for Souths, i thought we were in trouble at the time, and they were on the attack.

Dumb action by a Dumb player

Hope Souths miss the 8 by 2 points, Delaney will be laughing his Ar#se off

Souths'n'Titans
27-05-07, 09:41 PM
You people are so one eyed.

Question. If J-Lo throws a punch and he misses and then delaney knocks him out, who gets the lengthy suspension?

IMO, not very different to the Mason hit on Fieldon IMO. Nothing Danny Williams in it at all, he was facing him, he knew it was coming and he picked on the wrong person to grab the balls of. Bit like the Tallis fight with Ross. Ross didn't want to fight but Tallis laid into him, eventually Ross hit back. Lowe is just good enough to clean KO Delaney with 1 punch, that's all he needs.

Souths'n'Titans
27-05-07, 09:46 PM
Good king hit you guys are talking about.

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5500045,00.jpg

Look like Delaney is facing him to me.

Delaney should get a just as lengthy suspension for testicle grabbing.

Coaster
27-05-07, 09:53 PM
You people are so one eyed.

Question. If J-Lo throws a punch and he misses and then delaney knocks him out, who gets the lengthy suspension?

IMO, not very different to the Mason hit on Fieldon IMO. Nothing Danny Williams in it at all, he was facing him, he knew it was coming and he picked on the wrong person to grab the balls of. Bit like the Tallis fight with Ross. Ross didn't want to fight but Tallis laid into him, eventually Ross hit back. Lowe is just good enough to clean KO Delaney with 1 punch, that's all he needs.

BAHAHA we were playing football you goose, not Boxing!!

Maybe throwing punches at people as there walking away is acceptable in the gutters at Redfern, or maybe he just finished watching some 2 hour piece of Crap that Dickh*ead Kiwi owner of yours made, and it made him as fustrated as it makes me when i have to watch that crap.

At the end of the day, he will spend most of this year sitting on the sidelines, watching Delenay play football, so i hope he enjoys it. He should get used to it, as this is his claim to fame, as i had never heard of the Goose before that punch.

I guess to become a legend at Souths, you have to do one thing, nobody will remember and sit his fat Ar#se at the bar at Redfern talking about how he did it when he played.

Capital_Shark
27-05-07, 09:54 PM

No suspension, just a penalty against Souths because Lowe threw the first punch. A little like Hinchcliffe (Raiders) on Priddis. Priddis got 3 good smacks in the face and a penalty to boot cause threw the first one, which Hinchcliffe dodged.

You are right about me being one eyed though, unfortunately it doesn't apply in this case cause the Sharks aren't involved. I'm neutral, just calling it as I see it. And I'll agree its not really a 'king hit' as that usually suggests the punch was from behind or it blind sides the bloke, but still I don't think they were exactly toe to toe making it a fair punch.

Coaster
27-05-07, 09:55 PM
Good king hit you guys are talking about.

Look like Delaney is facing him to me.

Show me where one person has called it a King Hit dopey

Tamwelg
27-05-07, 09:58 PM
Woah, easy Tiger. It was a dog act but lets not start mixing sport and common law. Leave this stuff to the judiciary, not involve outside sources, it'll be the death of our game and all contact sport.

Criminal Law actually, but I agree

Souths'n'Titans
27-05-07, 10:00 PM
Not entirely unlike Danny Williams on Mark O'Neill in 2004 if you ask me. Lowe by name Lowe by nature and deserves a similar lengthy suspension like Williams received, 18 weeks if memory serves correctly.
-----------------------
What was it that is like the Danny Williams incident.

Coaster
27-05-07, 10:03 PM
-----------------------

For starters that was CS that said that a Sharkies fan, not a Titans fan, and im guessing he is talking about claiming something happened in the tackle and standing up walking 2 steps toward someone and punching them in the face

Tamwelg
27-05-07, 10:06 PM
Souths'n'Titans, chill out a little mate and leave it up to the NRL to decide what happens. If he gets suspended, so be it and if Delaney also gets suspended, so be it. Not much point getting your nickers in a twist. What has happened has happened, now it's up to the officials to sort it out.

Coaster
27-05-07, 10:06 PM
You do believe that attacking a players head deserves a suspension dont you??

Or is he exempt becuase he believes something happened to him before to provoke it?

Maybe players should start using that as a defence "i dont deserve 6 weeks for that high tackle becuase, when he tackled me last time we played, he did something nobody else saw"

Go back to the rabbit hole, and have a good look at yourself and the rest of your club.

Your a embarrasment to Rugby League

Capital_Shark
27-05-07, 10:09 PM
-----------------------

Well lets see how the events unfolded in the Lowe/Delaney saga:

1. Lowe stood up and played the ball.
2. Lowe walked forward toward the retreating marker.
3. Lowe grabbed the retreating marker.
4. Lowe threw a punch and knocked the marker out cold.

Now for Williams/O'Neill:

1. Williams received a high shot from O'Neill.
2. Williams stood up and played the ball.
3. Williams walked forward toward the retreating marker
4. Williams threw a punch and knocked the marker out cold.

The differences I see there is that Williams had a little something (the high shot) to provoke him (I haven't seen evidence of the testicle grab on camera yet). The other difference, although minor, from memory Williams just unleashed a hay maker and didn't actually grab hold of O'Neill.

Capital_Shark
27-05-07, 10:12 PM
Criminal Law actually, but I agree

Yeah, thats what I should have said, cheers.

Tamwelg
27-05-07, 10:20 PM
Yeah, thats what I should have said, cheers.

hehe, no probs mate :D

Hoppy2007Dragons
27-05-07, 10:25 PM

yeah does sound a little overboard, but it reminds me of a country match where a player attacked the ref for sending him off,its outside the rules and is not on, so just beacuse its on the field doesn't mean its exempt also i think other players are smart enough to not take everything to court, but attackign a player walking away and not watching(it looked like delany was backing away and watching where the ball went.)

i just mean man its so low, delaney is a bige center but hes not a massive tank, lowe is quite a big fella, if i was in the same position i would want him punished more than just some piss suspension from playing football.

anyway i love jaso ntaylors media confrence on the issue classic.

Boofhead
27-05-07, 10:28 PM
I have no idea what you are trying to prove mate... He played the ball got up and punched Delaney cold heartedly. What makes you think that Delaney would retaliate? Believe it or not, not everyone who plays rugby league is a thug looking for a fight. There is no need for that trash in our game and he should be out for the whole season.

But I congratulate the ******** for sealing the game for the us.

Ryan
27-05-07, 10:40 PM
Lowe is just good enough to clean KO Delaney with 1 punch, that's all he needs.

Why are you trying to commend this fool for throwing a punch?
3mins to go, 7 points down, your team has the ball and good field position. 'One punch' is all he needed to throw the game and earn a few weeks on the bench, not to mention a good reaming up the ass by Russel afterwards. Ha ha, it took two punches anyway, the first one missed......

J-Storm
27-05-07, 10:51 PM
Like CS, I'm unbiased here not being a Souths or a Gold Coast fan, & seriously, anyone who doesn't think that Lowe has a case to answer has rose coloured glasses on. On the other hand, I'm sure there will be something said about whether Delaney did actually provoke Lowe. Either way, what Lowe did wasn't necessary. I know I'm glad that I'm not in a high position at Souths, he'd have more than the judiciary to worry about...

Social Loafer
27-05-07, 11:41 PM
Wow some interesting things said here.. Defending Lowe here would be like me trying to defend Jason Bulgarelli.... .

ON Lowe, what a grub, Souths had a chance to level the match but he decided to be a hero and go after Delaney. Should get 8 weeks minimum, Delaney might have somethign to answer for, but he obviously didn't hurt Lowe very much as he broke into sprint to whack Delaney..

I don't think he will get as long as Williams for the simple fact he didn't hit Brett from behind..

As for laying charges, I hope stuff like that never happens.... Ofcourse if it involves a ref it is a whole new story..

Oh and Forward hitting a back, wonder if he would go after someone like Mason?

and just side tracking a bit..

No suspension, just a penalty against Souths because Lowe threw the first punch. A little like Hinchcliffe (Raiders) on Priddis. Priddis got 3 good smacks in the face and a penalty to boot cause threw the first one, which Hinchcliffe dodged.

See now that was a spectacle, hooker vs hooker, Priddis thought he would be a tough guy and throw the first punch and was taught a lesson. The funny thing about that was Priddis claimed he didn;t throw the first punch and even told them to look at the video, one of your best Luke..

DIEHARD
28-05-07, 02:15 AM
I'm an innocent man says Titans centre

FLATTENED Titans centre Brett Delaney yesterday hit back at allegations he provoked the king-hit from Rabbitohs forward Jaiman Lowe by grabbing him on the testicles.

Delaney was knocked unconscious by a vicious right hook three minutes from full-time during the Titans 25-18 win over Souths at Carrara on Saturday night.

Rabbitohs coach Jason Taylor defended but did not condone Lowe's brain explosion by later stating Delaney had intentionally grabbed the hulking prop's crotch.

"He grabbed him on the testicles, that's what happened," said Taylor in the post-match press conference.

"A player doesn't just get up and punch a guy for no reason.

"It's difficult. I don't condone what he did.

"It was dumb, but there's four minutes to go in a game and a guy does that deliberately so he can get a player to react, and he reacts, there's the game.

"What's the recourse?

"We need to have a judiciary hearing there and then and see who gets the penalty."

Still suffering headaches and with 10 stitches in his upper lip, Delaney rubbished the claims at the Titans recovery session at Miami pool yesterday.

"I just had him by the shorts and I was hanging on, that is footy," he told The Gold Coast Bulletin.

"I was making a tackle, I wasn't going to let go. I didn't go in there trying to hang onto his balls or nothing, I just thought my hand was on his shorts.

"And the next thing I know I was waking up. You can't just go ahead and belt someone."

Lowe, sent off by referee Tony De Las Heras, is expected to feel the full force of the NRL judiciary over the ugly incident.

The attack has been likened to the infamous punch from Storm bad boy Danny Williams on Wests Tigers forward Mark O'Neill in 2004, for which he copped a career-ending 18-match suspension.

Comparisons have also been made between Cowboys hothead Carl Webb punching Storm forward Ryan Hoffman in the head last year, dropping him in retaliation for an alleged grapple tackle, for which he was slapped with a six-week ban.

Titans co-captain Scott Prince, the first Gold Coast player to arrive on the scene following Lowe's punch on Delaney, said the hit gave him flashbacks of the attack on then Tiger teammate Williams two years ago. "I heard it (the O'Neill hit) from the other side of the park and it was a very similar situation," said the former Wests captain, who was on the field when O'Neill was floored.

"He (Delaney) looked in a bad way at first.

"He had a massive cut through his lip and was concussed. It is in the hands of the judiciary now and they have done a great job so far.

"I am sure they will deal with it the best they can and sort it out."

Prince defended Delaney over claims he went for Lowe's testicles on purpose.

"Frog (Delaney) wouldn't have meant anything by it ... it would have been an accident," said Prince.

"We get hit around that area all the time. Obviously he (Lowe) took offence to it and he retaliated.

"At the end of the day you can't do that in today's game."

Titans coach John Cartwright labelled the punch on his young centre as a cheap shot, and expressed dismay at Taylor's attempt to defend the attack.

"If you are going to condone king-hitting someone because you got grabbed ... to come out and say that straight after the game shows a bit of inexperience I suppose," said Cartwright.

"Some things, until they are investigated should be left on the paddock. It is a contact game and you do get hit in areas where you don't like."

Taylor was a mentor and close friend of Delaney's before they both left Parramatta to join new clubs this season.

Former Eels coach Taylor has played a major role in developing Delaney's goal kicking game.

Delaney said he had no hard feelings against Taylor for making the controversial comments. "What can he do?" he said. "He has to stick up for his players."

Delaney is in doubt for this Sunday's encounter with Canberra at Carrara.

"He won't train this week, at least early in the week," said Cartwright.

"It would be very disappointing for us if he was to miss a game because of it."

http://www.gcbulletin.com.au/

Souths'n'Titans
28-05-07, 07:48 AM
So you guys don't think Delaney should get suspended?

B/S. The Lowe punch is completely objective where as the Delaney incident is subjective.

Souths'n'Titans
28-05-07, 07:49 AM
Why are you trying to commend this fool for throwing a punch?
3mins to go, 7 points down, your team has the ball and good field position. 'One punch' is all he needed to throw the game and earn a few weeks on the bench, not to mention a good reaming up the ass by Russel afterwards. Ha ha, it took two punches anyway, the first one missed......
Great punch though. I would like him to have my back.

Steve
28-05-07, 08:24 AM
Watching a game of footy, there's many many times when a player gets grabbed or whacked around the groin. Can't say i've ever seen anything that looked deliberate in it.

Also can't say i've been able to get up and take a jog right after copping a hit to the family jewels, and i've never been hit hard. If it was deliberate, I imagine it'd be more than a tap.

I go to the footy to watch just that, footy, not brawling.
And would he make a good boxer?
No. Thugs don't. In boxing they have to fight someone their own size.

Queenslander
28-05-07, 09:30 AM
Its hard to determine whether or not Delaney intended to grab his privates....because he will always deny it.

If Jaiman Lowe was grabbed down there the first bloke he should have seen was the ref. I am expecting Lowe to get 6 weeks for his hit.

Hoppy2007Dragons
28-05-07, 11:57 AM
So you guys don't think Delaney should get suspended?

B/S. The Lowe punch is completely objective where as the Delaney incident is subjective.

Subjectivity refers to the property of perceptions, arguments, and the language terms use to communicate such, as being based in a subject point of view, and hence influenced in accordance with a particular bias

Lowes punch was subjective cause he hit him based on the bias of being a thug and a perecpetion that delany grabed at his lower region was deliberate, delany probably did touch him there accidentally and it must not have been that hard if he can get up and whack some block in the face. Although it will be very diffucult for lowe to prove this as delany makes the tackle then gets up both hands appear to be on his shorts on the outside, this happened very quickly so i don't know in what time dealany grabbed him.

Any other player(thugs don't count) would have gone oi thats not on and told the ref, or maybe thought oh well it probably wasn't intentional and mouthed off at delany but not thumped him one.

Also your entire argument is based on his word of mouth and your supporting him cause he threw a good punch.

You must fit in very well with other people if u base them on their ability to fight, it was a dirty punch at a smaller player, i bet if it was laffaranchi or minichello or even bailey he would have had second thoughts, but being a typical thug choose the smaller guy.

He deserves to play at a club like Souths with fans like you.

PS. I'm a dragons supporter so don't start pulling the titans are biased crap on me buddy.

TITANS007
28-05-07, 01:52 PM
Yeh, 6 week suspension is well deserved - similar to Carl Webb's incident. He's lucky Delaney was facing him, or it would definately be more like the 18 weeks Danny Williams got. Either way, it was a dog act and should be punished accordingly. If Delaney tackled his tackle, then it was surely an accident. His head was at the back of Lowe so he couldn't see what he was grabbing. The only one guilty of a purposeful act doing something indecent in that area was Stopp-a-farty!! Bring on the judiciary!!

Coaster
28-05-07, 03:26 PM
Lowe facing four-match ban

May 28, 2007

SOUTH Sydney prop Jaiman Lowe is facing a four-week ban for his 'king-hit' on Gold Coast centre Brett Delaney on Saturday night.

Lowe was hit with a grade five striking charge - the maximum grading allowable without the incident being referred straight to the judiciary - after being sent off for knocking Delaney senseless.

The incident occurred three minutes from full-time in the Titans' 25-18 win at Carrara Stadium.

The Rabbitohs front rower claimed he had been provoked into lashing out, accusing Delaney of grabbing him on the testicles.

Delaney was not charged over the incident.

The grade five charge carries a base penalty of 525 points, but Lowe can escape with a four game ban with an early guilty plea.

He would be risking a six-match suspension by fighting the charge at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night.

Four other players were charged but Cowboys lock Sione Faumuina is the only one facing suspension after being charged with a grade one reckless high tackle.

The former New Zealand Test representative collected Bulldogs back rower Sonny Bill Williams with a swinging arm just before full-time in Friday night's 26-16 win to the Cowboys.

He is facing a three-game ban with an early guilty plea or four games if he unsuccessfully fights the charge.

Manly's Anthony Watmough (dangerous throw) and Penrith duo Frank Pritchard (careless high tackle) and Michael Gordon (dangerous throw) will all escape suspension with early guilty pleas.

AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21806566-23214,00.html

Social Loafer
28-05-07, 03:39 PM
Why the hell does he get 2 weeks knocked off with an early guilty plea? it's an indefensibly act. The Judiciary continues to prove it is a joke, case shoudl have been referred straight there..

grunta
28-05-07, 04:22 PM
I've just read 5 pages of replies to this thread and can't believe everyone is missing the point. Brett Delaney said in his interview that he grabbed his shorts and was completely innocent of any testicle squeezing. Fair enough. I believe him. I watched the replay many times and can't believe that anyone who had his testicles squeezed as severely as Lowe reported it, could jump up, walk forward and punch somebody. He was obviously in no pain. He also had no trouble walking from the field.

Nice story to try and cover your **** Jaiman.

The saddest thing of all, is that this incident of stupidity by Jaiman Lowe was witnessed by 1000's of kids. The NRL players of tomorrow. Jaiman Lowe is definitely not a role model for the kids.

Queenslander
28-05-07, 04:27 PM
Lowe accepts four-match ban

By Steve Jancetic
May 28, 2007

SOUTH Sydney prop Jaiman Lowe wasted little time in pleading guilty to a striking charge for his knockout blow to Gold Coast centre Brett Delaney.

Lowe accepted a four-match ban after being hit with a grade five striking charge by the NRL match review committee for his punch to Delaney's head of Delaney.

The Souths front rower was sent off by referee Tony De Las Heras after a touch judge report three minutes from full-time in Saturday night's 25-18 win to the Titans at Carrara Stadium.

Lowe claimed he was provoked into lashing out, accusing Delaney of grabbing him on the testicles, but the Titans three-quarter was not charged over the incident.

"I regret the actions that I took on the field on Saturday night and I will accept the suspension,'' Lowe said in a statement.

"I feel that I have let down the Rabbitohs members, sponsors and fans, and the whole South Sydney family including my coaches, teammates and the club owners.

"I'm looking forward to putting this behind me and working hard to regain my first grade position once the suspension is finished.''

Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson said the club was disappointed that the match review committee took no action against Delaney.

Four other players were charged but North Queensland lock Sione Faumuina is the only one facing suspension after being charged with a grade one reckless high tackle.

The former New Zealand player collected Bulldogs back rower Sonny Bill Williams with a swinging arm just before full-time in Friday night's 26-16 win to the Cowboys.

He is facing a three-game ban with an early guilty plea or four games if he fights the charge unsuccessfully.

Manly's Anthony Watmough (dangerous throw) and Penrith duo Frank Pritchard (careless high tackle) and Michael Gordon (dangerous throw) will all escape suspension with early guilty pleas.

All players have until midday tomorrow to enter a plea.

AAP

Ryan
28-05-07, 04:33 PM
Great punch though. I would like him to have my back.

He can have your back, and I'm sure Russel will have his at the same time.......

He threw a punch that landed on his face - big deal, it's been done before he's no hero. That willl be his claim to fame though, how he "KO'd" Brett Delanely, cause he doesn't 'game' to be remembered as a good footy player. In a few weeks nobody will even remember his name, and this will be old news.......

Souths'n'Titans
28-05-07, 05:43 PM
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9004/298237zh2.jpg

Hahaha. Prince likened it to the Danny Williams hit. What a dropkick. Should get a grip. Even Gary Freeman and co. are saying that he didn't do much wrong, no where near the Danny Williams hit.

Souths'n'Titans
28-05-07, 05:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKvxK2BPVOc

http://www.rabbitohs.com/hutch/attachment.php?attachmentid=888&d=1180336703

Coaster
28-05-07, 05:55 PM
Tell your story to the other dropkicks in Redfern.

Hahaha, 4 weeks, suck it up Princess

Queenslander
28-05-07, 06:06 PM
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9004/298237zh2.jpg

So players can't tackle around the waist without being accused of groping.....

I can show images of players getting tackled with the tacklers hand around the groin area as well if you want to play that game:

http://news.aunz.yimg.com/xp/abc/20070510/12/2280064515.jpghttp://news.aunz.yimg.com/xp/abc/20070421/21/1726924417.jpg

And here is Delaney again but this time "touching" (or is it grabbing) the Mini

http://en.epochtimes.com/news_images/2007-5-13-74135729.jpg

This is case is going to have 2 sides to it....One trying to defend the reasons for a stupid act and another stating his innoence...You have picked your side Souths'n'Titans but don't expect to change others opinion about the subject.

Social Loafer
28-05-07, 06:07 PM
I guess when you haven't won anything in 5 weeks you get desperate in trying to find something you can claim as a victory..

Souths'n'Titans
28-05-07, 06:17 PM
So players can't tackle around the waist without being accused of groping.....

I can show images of players getting tackled with the tacklers hand around the groin area as well if you want to play that game:

http://news.aunz.yimg.com/xp/abc/20070510/12/2280064515.jpghttp://news.aunz.yimg.com/xp/abc/20070421/21/1726924417.jpg

And here is Delaney again but this time "touching" (or is it grabbing) the Mini

http://en.epochtimes.com/news_images/2007-5-13-74135729.jpg

This is case is going to have 2 sides to it....One trying to defend the reasons for a stupid act and another stating his innoence...You have picked your side Souths'n'Titans but don't expect to change others opinion about the subject.
Tell me what is different in all 4. Lowe is already on the ground when delaney has a tug. All the others, the tacklee is standing, and the tackler is tackling from behind.

Darren Lockyer
28-05-07, 06:22 PM
Cop that and hope you enjoy your four weeks off. The Rabbitohs are heading down the table pretty quicly and the roosters will soon be able to take over them

Coaster
28-05-07, 06:32 PM
Even Gary Freeman are saying that he didn't do much wrong,

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You need better role models

Titanium_BD1103
28-05-07, 06:54 PM
Yep Coaster, if you are using Wiz as a role model, you have rocks in ya head... ;)

I think Lowe was lucky for that, he deserved another 2 in my books... he accepted it at least and now in 4 weeks time he can get back to the footy, but for 4 weeks I hope he contemplates and realises how stupid he was to do something like that.... ;)

Tamwelg
28-05-07, 07:57 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You need better role models

LOL

4 weeks will do, enjoy your stint on the sideline.

Souths'n'Titans
28-05-07, 08:43 PM
Yep Coaster, if you are using Wiz as a role model, you have rocks in ya head... ;)

I think Lowe was lucky for that, he deserved another 2 in my books... he accepted it at least and now in 4 weeks time he can get back to the footy, but for 4 weeks I hope he contemplates and realises how stupid he was to do something like that.... ;)
No he will not be thinking about how he reacted, rather, trying to hold Delaney accountable for his part in the incident.

Souths'n'Titans
28-05-07, 08:48 PM
"He's got four weeks and we just have to move on," Cartwright said.

"It's there now for anyone else who does it.

"They've got something to look at where they can say 'he's got four weeks for king-hitting a bloke'."

Why is Cartwright saying it is a king hit? Did he not see the visuals?

Chaos
28-05-07, 09:19 PM
"He's got four weeks and we just have to move on," Cartwright said.

"It's there now for anyone else who does it.

"They've got something to look at where they can say 'he's got four weeks for king-hitting a bloke'."

Why is Cartwright saying it is a king hit? Did he not see the visuals?

It's obvious he's had a brain snap...he's copped four weeks for it.
You're going to have to live with it mate.

Boonarga
29-05-07, 12:43 AM

Rubbish. I sued an opposing player once for an off the ball incident. Fortunately for me, both touchies saw it happen. Ended up costing the other guy 18 grand for an elbow to the jaw.

Being on a football field is not a defense for common assault.

Ryan
29-05-07, 06:21 AM
Rubbish. I sued an opposing player once for an off the ball incident. Fortunately for me, both touchies saw it happen. Ended up costing the other guy 18 grand for an elbow to the jaw.

What did you do to provoke that?
And be honest......... Did you grab his testicles?:rolleyes:

Souths'n'Titans
29-05-07, 08:15 AM
It's obvious he's had a brain snap...he's copped four weeks for it.
You're going to have to live with it mate.
That doesn't answer my question. Why is Cartwright refering to it as a king hit?

Queenslander
29-05-07, 09:00 AM
That doesn't answer my question. Why is Cartwright refering to it as a king hit?

A king hit doesn't have to be one where the person getting hit is looking the other way.........It just has to be a good hit which makes solid contact to a persons body that sends them off balance.

Coaster
29-05-07, 01:00 PM
A king hit doesn't have to be one where the person getting hit is looking the other way.........It just has to be a good hit which makes solid contact to a persons body that sends them off balance.

Nope thats not right either.

A king hit is a hit the other person didnt know was coming.
You can King hit someone front on, behind or to the side, that doesnt matter either, its the elimate of surprise which people call a king hit.

Not only Carty calling it a King Hit, John Sattler said it on Fox news and the Backpage that it was a low act and a king hit, and he deserves more.

I guess not all South Sydney followers are not as stupid as there keyboard warriors

Capital_Shark
29-05-07, 01:53 PM

And you admit this?

I don't know what I despise more, the elbow or the law suit.

Ryan
29-05-07, 04:31 PM
You can King hit someone front on, behind or to the side, that doesnt matter either, its the elimate of surprise which people call a king hit.

Thats what I thought......

I've been King hit before, but it wasn't the punch that did the damage. I was leaning back taking a drink out of my stubbie when I was hit, I fell backwards head first into the bitumen. It was totally unproked I might add, by a group of half-casts that out numbered me 10-1. I opted not to tell the cops or waste anytime in court, I'm more of an 'eye for an eye' person. So next time I see that ****, I'll take great pleasure in returning the favour ;)

Chaos
29-05-07, 05:01 PM
Nope thats not right either.

Not only Carty calling it a King Hit, John Sattler said it on Fox news and the Backpage that it was a low act and a king hit, and he deserves more.

I guess not all South Sydney followers are not as stupid as there keyboard warriors

Spot on Coaster...a king hit is when you don't see it coming.
A lot of players walk forward after the play the ball acting tuff and don't hit anybody....I personally don't let anyone get that close to me in those situations but Delaney was stupid because he didn't push Lowe back on his approach. He acted too late because he didn't think Lowe would hit him.

Capital_Shark
29-05-07, 10:31 PM
I just thought, why didn't Cronulla try the "its not his fault he can throw a punch" defense when Tevita Latu decked his missus at the servo .. He was a good hooker..

bigjim
30-05-07, 11:11 AM

No, the fact he punched someone.