PDA

View Full Version : DeeGan MIA?

Steelers
28-05-07, 01:46 PM
What's happened to DeeGan? He hasn't been on for a while, and he is no longer admin. Is he just taking a break from the forum or something?

hugebrianfan
28-05-07, 02:22 PM
He could be just taking a break..maybe he doesnt feel like being admin anymore.I dont know

Coaster
28-05-07, 02:30 PM
He is no longer the admin of the site, work commitments and such.

Diehard has taken over Deegan job as far as i know, and doing well i must say, as people are only now starting to relise he isnt here.

I have seen Deegan post on another site, he explained he is giving Diehard some time to adjust to the new role, and will be back.

hugebrianfan
28-05-07, 03:06 PM
Oh yeah koolies!

Dakink
28-05-07, 03:39 PM
Yup - DeeGan has had to quit the admin job do to a new RL job. Moved house and didnt have the time that the job required.

Diehard has taken over the job, and Deegs has said he will let every Diehard settle in then return to the fray..

In the meantime it is business as usual;

if you have any probs then dont hesitate to contact one of the mod team. They will be able to help you out, or bring in one of the super mods od Diehard of needed.

Social Loafer
28-05-07, 04:22 PM
Good to hear, I thought he had permanently migrated elsewhere :surprise:

DeeGan
29-05-07, 10:18 AM
There was an e-mail sent to all members.

Anyway, just to clear this up.

I had a promotion in the "real world" and it involves a lot of travelling Australasia which will impact on my time spent on line. Some periods I will be able to be online for a week or two, the next month I may not have the time to be online doing something I love (talking rugby league).

Being Administrator of this forum as well as attempting to run a supporter's group is another fulltime job and I could not commit 100% effort in ensuring the standard's I set was going to be maintained.

I made the tough (but right) call to relinquish my position with the forum and the Gold Coast Titans. It hurt, though one has to look after his own best interests and more importantly his family.

Why the absence?

I appointed DIEHARD to the position of Administrator preparing for the above some time before the fact - I knew I was coming up for a promotion if I wasn't in a full-time role with the club.

My decision to keep clear from the forums is to allow the current Admin and moderator team to "do their thing" so as I am not linked back to the brainstrust running the forum. That would be counter-productive.

I drop on in, read the forums and I love the new streamline look to the forum as well ;)

DIEHARD and the moderator team know how to contact me if they need a sounding board or an opinion as well.

I will be back as a member in the not too distant future guys and girls.

Keep up the great work mod team, your still representing our team proudly online. I am glad I was able to play a part in starting that ;)

Onward and upward, GO TITANS!

Thanks all.

travop
29-05-07, 05:25 PM
yea that explians y he didnt reply to my pm about a titans forum event
soooo diehard is their gunna be a mod job open or anything

DIEHARD
29-05-07, 06:32 PM
Great to see you are still around Deegan and that all is going well for you!

You helped start something that will endure for ever. Hope to see you around soon and I can understand your logic of keeping a low profile. It gives us a chance to find our feet and establish ourselves.

See our Home and Away forum styles? ;) I use the away one. If you are planing to go to any games, including Sydney games, PM me. Maybe we can meet up.

yea that explians y he didnt reply to my pm about a titans forum event
soooo diehard is their gunna be a mod job open or anything

Actually I recently added Boofhead as moderator. He was a fantastic candidate for a lot of reasons. I've had the pleasure of knowing him online and offline at many Gold Coast games. I should probably add an announcement about his appointment.

There may be more roles coming up in the future, as the priority is to offer complete monitoring and assistance on the forum. And we need to weigh that up with our personel, availability and also factor in their own private commitments, which is very important in my books.

Social Loafer
29-05-07, 10:08 PM
See our Home and Away forum styles? ;) I use the away one. If you are planing to go to any games, including Sydney games, PM me. Maybe we can meet up.

I only just noticed that now, love the "away" skin:D