View Full Version : Footabll: FA Cup final - Chelsea v Man United

~lee~
19-05-07, 08:06 AM
FA Cup final
Date: Saturday, 19 May
Kick-off: 1500 BST
Venue: Wembley
Referee: Steve Bennett (Kent)

Chelsea head into the FA Cup final without Michael Ballack, Ricardo Carvalho and Andriy Shevchenko.

Winger Arjen Robben is still recovering from knee surgery but hopes to be fit enough for a place on the bench.

Midfielder Mikel Jon Obi is struggling with a thigh strain while Ashley Cole is a major doubt with an ankle problem which requires surgery.

Boss Jose Mourinho hinted he could use keeper Hilario as a substitute striker but is more likely to pick Ben Sahar.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is expected to hand the right-back role to Wes Brown with Gary Neville out injured.

That means disappointment for John O'Shea while Gabriel Heinze is also set to miss out as Patrice Evra is tipped to start at left-back.

Ferguson must also decide whether to pick Alan Smith up front or bolster his midfield with Darren Fletcher.

Louis Saha has been ruled out with a hamstring injury.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea (from): Cech, Hilario, Cudicini, Geremi, Ferreira, A Cole, Terry, Boulahrouz, Diarra, Makelele, Obi, Lampard, Essien, Kalou, Wright-Phillips, Bridge, Robben, Drogba, Sahar.

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Brown, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Heinze, Ronaldo, Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs, Richardson, Eagles, Rooney, Smith, Solskjaer

~lee~
19-05-07, 08:16 AM
Who is going to watch this? What do you think the score will be?

This is how i think they could line up

-----------------Cech---------------

Ferreira---Boulahrouz---Terry---Bridge

---------------Makelele--------------

Essien---------Lampard----Joe Cole--

--------Drogba----------Kalou-------

------------Van Der Sar-------------

Brown----Ferdinand-----Vidic----Evra

---------------Carrick---------------

Ronaldo----Fletcher--Scholes--------

--------------------------Giggs-----

--------Rooney---------------------

~lee~
19-05-07, 09:34 AM
Im undecided on what i think the score will be, either 2-0 or 2-1 to Man United. Rooney and Giggs to score for United and if Chelsea score i fancy Joe Cole.

Rabbitohs-07
20-05-07, 04:23 PM
If anyone actually watched it was ****ing awesome match.

Rooney had more oppotunities that he could have capitalised on and Giggs had a lot of heavy touches that turned the ball over or made it worse and he couldnt get as good of a ball to Rooney or Schols even.

Final Score

Chelsea-1-0-Man United

Goals: Drogba in the 117th Minute.

~lee~
21-05-07, 01:14 AM
I thought it was a poor match payed at a very slow tempo. Rarely any moments of excitement and it was unfair for either team to win the game. It was a real let down for the first FA Cup final at the new Wembley.
Drogbas goal was well taken. Rooney was probably the man of the match for me.