Interchange:

14:Kris Kahler
15:Michael Hodgson
16:Josh Graham
17:Nathan Friend
18:Gavin Cooper (one to be omitted).

Steel Dragon
09-05-07, 02:00 AM
Oh, and on a serious note - the Titans will win by 50.

Jason

Tamwelg
10-05-07, 08:34 PM
Yeah I agree Titans by 50 :D

patskE
10-05-07, 10:31 PM
dont see how we can get 50 with hilder n wihtout campbell
still should win but

Boofhead
10-05-07, 11:01 PM
Good to see people can tell sarcasm.

I honestly think this will be a close one, Roosters are starting to play some decent football. If our boys play like they did on Monday we could be in a bit of trouble.

We will still get up on them though. :P

Titans by 12.

Boofhead
13-05-07, 03:49 PM
**FULLTIME**

Roosters - 24
Tries: Perrett, Monaghan, Fitzgibben, Minichiello
Goals: Fitzgibben 3/4, Roberts 2/2

Titans - 18
Tries: Cooper, Swain, Prince
Goals: Rogers 3/3

Steve
13-05-07, 04:07 PM
Damnit!
Good second half, just didn't convert the pressure to points.
Could definitely see they're missing Campbell.
I wonder if someone like Sandow would be good coming in at number 6.
I don't mind Hilder, and he even put in a great kick, but he's not involved enough in attack.
Mathers did okay I thought, first time i've seen him play. Didn't look comfortable when kicking though.

meter maid
13-05-07, 04:12 PM
Gonna make this short and to the point. What happened??????
Too many unforced errors, tackling (or lack of) pretty poor, too many wasted opportunities on the roosters tryline-at least 3 tries bombed . I could go on but I'm sure you all watched the game.
If they can't beat the last placed team what hope is there!!!
I know Campbell was going to a big loss but there's 12 other guys out there that have to step up.
Hopefully next week we'll get the 2 points back that we "gifted" St George in the last game. Come on boys....it's payback time!

Parra Petty
13-05-07, 04:15 PM
Hey all,

What a tale of two halves - Did the roosters go to sleep, or did Cartwright fire the boys up??

I thought Princey tried extremely half without much help - we definately need a second attacking option to take some pressure off Scotty (hopefully move Preston up to six when his back).

I thought Bailey was trying too hard to grab a NSW jersey, but his, Laffranchi's, Peterson's and Mathers efforts cant be faulted.

Just remember Titans fans - you can;t win every game!

Here is a link to my match report if you want a read -

http://www.league.net.au/roosters-holf-off-fast-finishing-titans/

Cheers,

Parra Petty

squirrell
13-05-07, 04:16 PM
thank god for laffranchi and bailey.If something happens to princey we wont score any points at all.today shows we had no options but prince,lots of hard work and the boys all put in the effort but weve lost our mojo.lets hope we sign a 5/8 quick.

Titanium_BD1103
13-05-07, 04:23 PM
I didn't get to see this game, and therefore this is from what I have heard... I will watch it later and if needed edit this.... ;)

I must say they looked flat today...Prince tried hard, but they looked flat. Campbell seems to have created a lot of our attack and without him GC are struggling for options.

Too much drop all, too many errors from the stats, not enough pressure when needed and too much possession in the first half to the Roosters, the chooks weren't great today, but they started well and that was the key.

Getting to 18-0 will always make it tough to come back and even though the Titans gave it a good shake, they were never close enough to fix the issue.

I think perhaps it's time to give the boys a rotation, I know it might be a gamble, but some of the players look like they need a rest to freshen up.. and perhaps its the key to success later on in the season.

It's only Round 9, there is still a fair way to go and the boys will bounce back, but they need to find an attacking option, because I don't think what they are trying now without Campbell is effective enough... :(

Coaster
13-05-07, 04:25 PM
Pathetic game.

First half was easily the worst half of football by us this year.

Hilder is also killing our left hand defence, he is not selecting a player, and it is drawing Rogers and Peterson in from the wing. Also absolutly missing in attack.

Prince played two different halves, but without help, the whole team are going to struggle.

Friend had the worst game i have ever seen from him, im a big fan of this bloke, but he had a shocker.

Blah, why bother whinging, Carty wont change the team, he wont move Hilder, so whats the point in complaining about it.

Good game by Bull, Lanfranci, and Cooper.

Mark Minichello needs to learn how to hold the football, since when do First graders hold the ball around the fat part???????? Dig the F****** point into your gut, and hold the other point, jees thats basic skills.

I guess we will see the same side next week, so ill start copy pasting these after thoughts.

PS: Get Walker back into the side, if he screws up we sack him, there is no second chance, why isnt he playing first grade?? That punishment doesnt make any sence.

Throb
13-05-07, 07:01 PM
You make some good points Coaster. I think Friendy is more effective after 20 or so minutes after Mossy has softened the opposition up a bit.

Scotty worked really hard in the first half without the right result. the bloke I watched the game with though he did well in setting up two early tries... for the Roosters. To his credit he erlaxed in the second and then put on two tries for the titans and scored one himself... funnily enough - his try came just when I was thinking that it would be great to see him take on the line, and HE DID! Scored a good four pointer, but the Roosters by then, had real confidence, and they were hard to stop with their tails up.

I'd love to see Brett Delaney pass the ball. He has pretty sticky fingers. Jake the Snake needs to get the ball with a bit of momentum, instead of carting the ball up from kick return

my .02

Steelers
13-05-07, 10:15 PM
Only saw the second half, the Titans were looking good from what I saw. Obviously from what I have heard they were a very different team in the first half. The week in reserve grade seems to have done Gavin Cooper the world of good as well, he had a great game (from what I saw).

Steel Dragon
14-05-07, 01:46 AM
How did it happen? A golden opportunity to cement our place in the 8 - and we crumble. Almost as embarrassing as Souths capitulation - they should have had 3 wins in a row, instead they have 5 losses out of 6.

Jason

dan the man
14-05-07, 12:36 PM
You make some good points Coaster. I think Friendy is more effective after 20 or so minutes after Mossy has softened the opposition up a bit.

Scotty worked really hard in the first half without the right result. the bloke I watched the game with though he did well in setting up two early tries... for the Roosters. To his credit he erlaxed in the second and then put on two tries for the titans and scored one himself... funnily enough - his try came just when I was thinking that it would be great to see him take on the line, and HE DID! Scored a good four pointer, but the Roosters by then, had real confidence, and they were hard to stop with their tails up.

I'd love to see Brett Delaney pass the ball. He has pretty sticky fingers. Jake the Snake needs to get the ball with a bit of momentum, instead of carting the ball up from kick return

my .02

you cannot fault delaney's efforts, besides last week he is prob the most active defender for a centre mid 30's a game and with the roosters he made some 18 hit ups and averaged over 8.8 metres a run....i am not sure of his ball skills though... if u think jake needs the ball then put him off rogers...

lonegull
14-05-07, 12:55 PM
the titans were predictable, and they were flat,just one up alot i bit of a shake up i think switch webster to rogers side would be first i think webster can position himself better than peterson gee hilder is still a worry just cant read the game gee as i said we were perdictable

Cowboy Titan
14-05-07, 01:18 PM
I'd love to see Brett Delaney pass the ball. He has pretty sticky fingers. I didn't get to see the game (was still comisserating after the Cowboys pathetic effort the night before) but I thought the same of Delaney in the game against the Broncos. There was a few times he could have put Webster away in that game but didn't throw the pass. He does seem to defend quite well though.

Queenslander
14-05-07, 03:41 PM
It is a game that we shouldn't have lost, poor effort really. Even the Broncos have beaten the Roosters. The loss of Campbell is having more of an impact than I would have thought.

Ryan
14-05-07, 05:12 PM
I thought the first have was so sh!thouse, I didn't bother watching the second half live..... watched it later when I found out GC put on three trys.
I couldn't believe my eyes after seeing princes' kicking in the first half, it was about on par with old mate from the Warriors on Friday.
After last week I was expecting Rogers to be in 5/8, that might have been enough to make a positive difference.
I hope they don't waste anytime putting Lewis in 5/8.......

TITAN FOREVER
14-05-07, 05:32 PM
First half was not good Prince had a shocker. Second half much better. But still too many silly mistakes and penalities. Agree with coaster that Friend not a starter much prefer Amos thought they looked a bit lost in the first 20mins, Mathers didn't have much of a game at first receiver, but everyone keeps bagging Hilder and I thought he went well only managed to get a hand to the ball a few times and only got one kick in which was good. Minichello needs to hold on to the ball, Thought Cooper had a really good game. But once again the come back was good and few more decision our way and the game was there for the taking better luck next week. We need to get off to a good start. Was Cooper player centre when Rogers was playing 5/8th?? looked like that to me.