PDA

View Full Version : Who Here Likes a Storm???

Titanium_BD1103
10-11-05, 01:57 PM
Well, it is a hot stinking day in Sydney... but the sky is turning blacker and darker by the minute.. the wind has picked up and is bucketing things around... it can only mean one thing... A storm is a brewing... ;)

OK so the question is.. who here likes storms.. literally.. not the Melbourne Billy Slater type.. LOL.. I mean actual storms.. with lighting and thunder...

Personally I don't mind Storms.. except for the fact you can't use the computer or watch TV during the bad ones.. and the thunder is so loud that it wakes you up at night...

I HATE having to drive through them though.. they scare me to death.. seeing the lightening so close to you... hitting everywhere as you travel in the metal contraption... :laugh:

This one though will be good for the weather though.. it will be cooler tomorrow.. and that is a good thing.. :)

So what does everyone thnk of storms.... do you like them.. I know there are a few in QLD more than here.. so everyone post up and tell me what you think.. I'd love to know... :)

SaRaH...
10-11-05, 02:31 PM
I HATE having to drive through them though.. they scare me to death.. seeing the lightening so close to you... hitting everywhere as you travel in the metal contraption... :laugh:

You hate driving in them...I had to walk to school in a thunder storm, now that was freaky.

Personally, I like storms...i reakon they are fun ...
I did look like it was going to thunder today but it's gone away now...it better not come back tonight cause i've got my formal and I don't feel like getting wet.

Dakink
10-11-05, 02:31 PM
Me I love 'em. Growing up I remember running around in the hail seeing who would get klunked on the head first.

Titanium_BD1103
10-11-05, 02:54 PM
I did look like it was going to thunder today but it's gone away now...it better not come back tonight cause i've got my formal and I don't feel like getting wet.

Well the sky around here.. Hills District area is black and dark and the thunder is rumbling... I wish you all the best for your formal.. hopefully it clears and you have a great night.. :)

SaRaH...
10-11-05, 02:58 PM
Well the sky around here.. Hills District area is black and dark and the thunder is rumbling... I wish you all the best for your formal.. hopefully it clears and you have a great night.. :)

Thanks....Well, the Northern Beaches is clear at the moment but i think a change is coming soon...hopefully it will be clear a Darling Harbour...

Titanium_BD1103
10-11-05, 02:59 PM
Ah are you at Darling Harbour.. that place is beautiful for a dinner dance or a formal... we held our Uni Ball there a few weeks back.. very stylish and a great view... good photos there too.. :D :D

SaRaH...
10-11-05, 03:11 PM
Cool...yea we should get some good photos....NO...it's starting to rain....DAMN!!!!

Teegy
10-11-05, 03:12 PM
hope an umbrella goes with your dress

Super Cronk
10-11-05, 03:13 PM
i love the rain...the harder and longer it goes on the better.

it started raining here for a split second then stopped...:(

Titanium_BD1103
10-11-05, 03:43 PM
Well it is bucketing down here now..where are you Super Cronk.. I am in the Hills District and we are getting rain, it stops and starts but it is heavy and strong wind and I can hear the thunder.. ;)

Super Cronk
10-11-05, 03:45 PM
Well it is bucketing down here now..where are you Super Cronk.. I am in the Hills District and we are getting rain, it stops and starts but it is heavy and strong wind and I can hear the thunder.. ;)

mt druitt....if you dont know where it is...its a few mins from penrith/blacktown etc.

its really dark over and windy as hell....but still really hot!

i hope it rains tonight tho...nothing better then rain at night...you get the best sleep IMO.

Titanium_BD1103
10-11-05, 03:47 PM
Yeah I know where that is... I know most of Western Sydney... and that is a main city in Western Sydney.. Yeah... it is cooling down here now.. should be headed northward.. so hopefully you will get it soon... :D :D

Steelers
10-11-05, 04:41 PM
I love storms!!! The biggest storm I was in, included a mini-tornado 50m down the road!

[BroncosGirl]
10-11-05, 04:42 PM
I love storms, they calm me down. They're the best thing to fall asleep too as well.

Titans#1
10-11-05, 04:43 PM
Storms are great, as long as I'm home! I hate driving in them!

Titanium_BD1103
10-11-05, 05:29 PM
Well the storm is gone...wasn't that big.. there may be another one tonight.. but at least Sarah can now go and have a nice sunny formal.. :D :D... lets hope it stays sunny here.. :)

Titans#1
10-11-05, 08:37 PM
There's pretty heavy rain here now, but the problem is I have to go and pick up the hubby!!! (I hate late night shopping)

Christabella
11-11-05, 09:34 AM
There's only one type of Storm that I don't mind and it has nothing to do with rain, wind, thunder or lightning.

DeeGan
11-11-05, 10:02 AM
LOVE A GOOD STORM!

I can sit on my balcony, have the BBQ going, a beer in one hand watching the Storm roll on in with my staffy hiding under the chair....

Nothing better outside of rugby league on a lazy Sunday arvo.

DeeGan

SaRaH...
11-11-05, 11:38 AM
Well the storm is gone...wasn't that big.. there may be another one tonight.. but at least Sarah can now go and have a nice sunny formal.. :D :D... lets hope it stays sunny here.. :)

Yea thanks..it didn't rain last night and thank god...but it was lots of fun....we almost got kicked out of the place at darling harbour...too many people in the restaurant....but i had a fun night....

Titans#1
11-11-05, 11:39 AM
Yea thanks..it didn't rain last night and thank god...but it was lots of fun....we almost got kicked out of the place at darling harbour...too many people in the restaurant....but i had a fun night....

Photo's when your ready!!?? :thumbsup:

Titanium_BD1103
11-11-05, 11:39 AM
Where were you and how many... that shouldn't happen... places like those in Darling Harbour should have enough space easily to cover for you all.. :D :D

SaRaH...
11-11-05, 02:23 PM
Where were you and how many... that shouldn't happen... places like those in Darling Harbour should have enough space easily to cover for you all.. :D :D

We were at Dockside...its a restaurant overlooking Darling Harbour....About 20 extra people came who didn't have tickets so thats why we were going to get kicked out....or we had to find $500 within the room to feed those extra people so everyone like gave up whatever money they had on them....but it worked out in the end...

Titanium_BD1103
11-11-05, 02:25 PM
Oh My God.. you were in the place where we were for our Uni Ball.. that is the most awesome place... we had balloons above the dance floor it was so cool...

The funniest thing though..someone was trying to have a private dinner at the room opposite the bathrooms.. you know the little boxed in area.. don't know why they would bother.. you get no quiet when you have 600 or more people singing and dancing.. :laugh:..

Did you like it there.. I most certainly did.. :)

SaRaH...
11-11-05, 02:25 PM
Photo's when your ready!!?? :thumbsup:

Click on the Formal Photos thing beneath...that will take you to the photos.

Formal Photos (http://spaces.msn.com/members/italianbella4life/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWlj cm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdW xsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!1prE1Fx6c7eMXaFoPS hJgZBw!1870&_c=PhotoAlbum&_c02_owner=1)

SaRaH...
11-11-05, 02:28 PM
Oh My God.. you were in the place where we were for our Uni Ball.. that is the most awesome place... we had balloons above the dance floor it was so cool...

The funniest thing though..someone was trying to have a private dinner at the room opposite the bathrooms.. you know the little boxed in area.. don't know why they would bother.. you get no quiet when you have 600 or more people singing and dancing.. :laugh:..

Did you like it there.. I most certainly did.. :)

We didn't get balloons.....ohh well..

Yes, i did like it...it was fun...my whole year was screaming out the chorus to Livin' On A Prayer and that was all you could hear.....

Titanium_BD1103
11-11-05, 02:30 PM
Yep.. that is what it is all about.. LOL.. screaming on the top of ur lungs at songs.. I think we were all screaming to Blister in the Sun by the Violent Femmes.. :laugh:

It looks like you had a wonderful night..looking at the photos you all look very glamarous... glad to see that the weather stayed nice and sunny for you.. and that the night was a beautiful one.. :)

Teegy
11-11-05, 02:32 PM
Our grade 12 song was Green day- best time of my life

SaRaH...
11-11-05, 02:35 PM
Cool...thanks everyone did look really pretty...even the guys....i'm glad the weather was good as well....

Dakink
11-11-05, 03:40 PM
Nice pics - Had a ball huh?

SaRaH...
12-11-05, 06:40 AM
Nice pics - Had a ball huh?

Yeap...certainly did

Titans#1
20-11-05, 01:19 PM
Well it's about to bucket down here now and I can hear a rumble in the Bronx (Miami)