PDA

View Full Version : Round 9: Sydney Roosters v Titans @ Aussie Stadium

BringBackWillie
05-05-07, 07:06 PM
Calling the Southern Legion!

An early message I know but has been sent at the request of a fellow Southern Legion.

Finally, the Southern Legion gets another away game in Sydney - it's on next Sunday, 13 May 2007.

Details are as follows:

Venue: Aussie Stadium (SFS)
Kickoff: 2pm
Southern Legion meeting point: Bay 38 (away supporters bay)
Ticketing: Bay 38 is general admin. Click on http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/season2007/nextmatch/game_day_ticketing.php for more details but basically, prices are:
Adults: $28 (at the gate) or $21+transaction fees (via Ticketek)
Concession: $20 (at the gate) or $14+transaction fees (via Ticketek)
We will meet from 12 noon onwards at Bay 38.

Transport is often a pain and it is generally quite expensive to park at the grounds. There are no trains out there so you can catch a train to Central and obtain a ridiculously priced $5 shuttle bus ticket to get there. Otherwise, Aussie Stadium is a short 5-10 min walk from Central Stadium up Foveaux Street.

Bring your flags! Bring the confetti! Bring your voices (cos Josh is going to bring the war cries ;P)! And show your support for the team!

Also - Round 10 - Titans v Dragons at WIN Stadium: 18 May 2007

This is a Friday night game out at Woollongong. I know that many have so far said that they will find it hard to get out from work on time to make it down there. Matt tells me that this game is likely to be at capacity (even if the Saints are doing so poorly to date). Please give me an indication as to whether you can or can't make the game against the Dragons. Depending on numbers, we may decide to get grandstand tickets for the game (to avoid the situation where a small number are exposed to the "elements" for the hill on the night)

Simon_122
08-05-07, 06:01 PM
Hi Guys,
After thinking Brooky was a "nice" ground, I have decided that I need to broaden my horizon. How bad is it. Poring rain, numb bum from sitting on the hill in my poncho in the rain.
Then I go to the beutiful Gold Coast Stadium, how nice? And I got to sing "What's the matter Parramatta" Caught up with the Legion up there.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Aussie Stadium this Sunday. We won't be hung over this time. promise. So I might have a beer and get really loud, with the "bucket hat brigade".

Darling and I are going to WIN next Friday, any recommendation for a motel down there, it's too far to drive back to Newcastle. (Have you heard Johns has retired)

Be Cool

(This is for you Mr Fish)

DIEHARD
09-05-07, 03:11 PM
Hi guys, I might not be able to make it down, I got absolutely soaked at Carrara and was lucky enough to get a very bad flu.

It's gonna be a great match though and you guys will be lucky enough to get your own supporter bay!

BringBackWillie
10-05-07, 10:32 PM
Bugger Die Hard. Was looking forward to finally seeing you have some good swing room for your big flag. :ok:

How did you go with the blow up swords?

Boofhead
11-05-07, 02:13 PM
Hi guys, I might not be able to make it down, I got absolutely soaked at Carrara and was lucky enough to get a very bad flu.

Same deal... :/

(Also realised it was mothers day :P)

DIEHARD
11-05-07, 09:26 PM
Same deal... :/

(Also realised it was mothers day :P)

You didn't get sick too did you man? I'm still sick!

How did you go with the blow up swords?

Big hit with everyone. Now a fixture of the Legion, if you guys can't find any for yourselves, we'll post some down to you for free.

Danny Boi has a great pic of himself ready for battle.

BringBackWillie
12-05-07, 02:21 PM
That'd be great Die-Hard! Can you post some down our way?

DIEHARD
12-05-07, 03:25 PM
That'd be great Die-Hard! Can you post some down our way?

You got it, just PM me your postal address.

Simon_122
12-05-07, 07:49 PM
Good on you Diehard, Just like a true Valleys Boy.

Looking forward to seeing everyone from the Southern Legion tomorrow.

DIEHARD
14-05-07, 03:59 PM
Guys I'm hearing good things from many people about your effort on Sunday!

I've been contacted by many Roosters fans and friends saying you did a fantastic job supporting the Titans and did it in spectacular fashion.

They said you were good hearted and entertaining and they were proud to have you and to shake your hands.

That is what it is all about, sportsmanship and having fun. We are all rugby league fans and our points of difference are not our passion but what clubs we direct that passion into. So I think we can all understand each other.

I'm very sorry I couldn't be there on Sunday, I'm finally better now.

I saw you guys on the television many times, you looked fantastic! We'll get you some plastic swords for this Friday!

Sydney Titan
14-05-07, 07:02 PM
Hello All,
It's been a while since I have posted but I can't believe my luck with getting to a game this year.. I live like a 2 min bus ride from Aussie stadium and guess what, I was rostered on to work Sunday afternoon... I am not happy and spewing I have not been able to catch up with everyone.. I am 150% for tigers game 17th June so that might be best chance at this stage..

BringBackWillie
14-05-07, 10:54 PM
Guys I'm hearing good things from many people about your effort on Sunday!

I've been contacted by many Roosters fans and friends saying you did a fantastic job supporting the Titans and did it in spectacular fashion.

They said you were good hearted and entertaining and they were proud to have you and to shake your hands.

That is what it is all about, sportsmanship and having fun. We are all rugby league fans and our points of difference are not our passion but what clubs we direct that passion into. So I think we can all understand each other.

I'm very sorry I couldn't be there on Sunday, I'm finally better now.

I saw you guys on the television many times, you looked fantastic! We'll get you some plastic swords for this Friday!

Yes, it was a fun day and we really gave the Roosters fans a run for their money. It was nicely helped by one of the Southern Legion members who is an ex-Chook Penner and he was able to change a lot of the Roosters ones to stir their fans up. You should've seen them silent as when we were singing one of the songs about them being on the bottom of the ladder. I sent you an email about the game with some photos to put up on the Titans Legion website.

Look forward to receiving the swords!