PDA

View Full Version : Legion Battle Banner

DIEHARD
30-04-07, 12:40 AM
Hey all.

The Legion is in desperate need of more signature items, to help fans locate us, announce our existance and to raise our profile.

At the moment I am working on something I call The Legion Battle Banner, like a standard. It will be, at least for the time being, our feature banner.

It should be ready for this Monday's game against the Cowboys, especially considering I discovered a fantastic short cut to cut out 90% of the hard yakka.

I will keep you posted on my progress. But I believe we all need to be working on out little projects, especially standard player specific banners. I'd love to make one for Jake Webster.

patskE
30-04-07, 12:44 PM
yeh need to be like the saints
alot of banners n flags
maybe if u have a decent suggestion post it here so ppl looking to make one can use it

Steve
30-04-07, 12:52 PM
I think we need a shirt or a hat, or something.

Tamwelg
06-05-07, 05:34 PM
You really need to start broadening your horizons and look at something like forming a committee to address all issues relating to the legion and work out ways of making the legion become known to more people then those who read the forum. At the moment the legion isn't really taking off in a big way, but has the potential to. As I have previously stated, pm'd and emailed, I am more then willing to help out and have to great ideas, but will not compromise my Gold seat this year or next. I do think a committee is the best way to get the legion moving forward and again I would love to be part of it.

DIEHARD
06-05-07, 05:49 PM
At the moment we are working with the club to plan the future of The Legion, including our role at Robina. It is understandable that the club has had greater priorities at the start of the season, setting up a new NRL club. Now they are turning their attentions to other projects.

I will give an update as soon as more details are finalised, but rest assured The Legion will reach and far exceed its potential. For now we just need to do the best we can.

As you said Tamwelg, you don't want to compromise your seat and that is totally understandable. You are a passionate Titans fan and want to watch your team in the best possible environment. At the same time you'd love to be involved in in a supporter group but you'd have to make great sacrifices. What we are working on is the ability to deliver both to fans.

The type of fans that want to be part of a supporter group are the same that want to watch the Titans from the best seats.

We are currently formulating what we want to do in 2008 and will work backwards from there, to see how we can best get there in 2007.

Also while I was one of two to originally push for a Titans supporter group and even came up with the name The Legion, I have only been in direct charge of it for a couple weeks, so please give me some time. It is round 8 and I can't snap my fingers and make things perfect in a couple weeks. What I can do is help plan for the future, to help the Titans deliver the premier fan experience across the board in the NRL.

But the greatest asset a supporter group has is its people and we already have an a fantastic group of people involved and an informal group of people at the groups core which will develop and you are welcome to be included in that.

Please feel free to forward any comments and ideas to me via email or PM. Or catch up with me at a game.

Tamwelg
06-05-07, 06:16 PM
A. You are a passionate Titans fan

I like that :D

Thanks for the feed back. Sorry if my post seemed a tad over the top, I just read it back and it didn't real give the message that I was trying to give correctly (I don't type messages very clear when I've had a few, sorry). The thing I was really trying to say is that organizing the supporters group is not something you should have to do yourself, you seem to be doing a lot and there should be more of us there to help out. I think something like a committee would be a good way of both lightening your load and help the legion become the best it can be for everyone involved.

I'll pop down tomorrow night and say g'day.

DIEHARD
06-05-07, 06:20 PM
I like that :D

Thanks for the feed back. Sorry if my post seemed a tad over the top, I just read it back and it didn't real give the message that I was trying to give correctly (I don't type messages very clear when I've had a few, sorry). The thing I was really trying to say is that organizing the supporters group is not something you should have to do yourself, you seem to be doing a lot and there should be more of us there to help out. I think something like a committee would be a good way of both lightening your load and help the legion become the best it can be for everyone involved.

I'll pop down tomorrow night and say g'day.

Yea for sure, having one person doing everything would kind of defeat the purpose of a supporter group anyway. Though I'm certainly not doing everything, just alot of things that are visible.

Definitely looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Spare some time and we'll have a good chat.

Also I should have this banner done tonight, Ill put photos up sometime around midnight. I'm looking forward to taking it to the Titans v Roosters game at the SFS as well.

DIEHARD
07-05-07, 02:58 AM
It is done, I just need to put THE LEGION on it.

Whether I do that or not in time, we'll see.

At worst I'll bring it along in my bag to show.

Tamwelg
07-05-07, 10:34 PM
Nice to catch up with the guys and girls down under the score board, pitty the battle banner and flag had to be used as rain cover.

BringBackWillie
10-05-07, 10:34 PM
Since you're no longer venturing down Die Hard, can we have a sneak preview??? :)

travop
11-05-07, 06:07 PM
whats the legions bay and can u buy tickets that are marked "legion bay" like at other games.

DIEHARD
11-05-07, 09:18 PM
whats the legions bay and can u buy tickets that are marked "legion bay" like at other games.

Not at the moment mate, but this is on the drawing board for 2008 in a big way.

Joncules
21-05-07, 02:53 PM
You know what you need more then banners...

HELMETS!