PDA

View Full Version : Round 8: Gold Coast Titans vs North Queensland Cowboys

DIEHARD
29-04-07, 11:30 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs North Queensland Cowboys
Monday 7th May (Public Holiday) – Gold Coast Stadium Carrara

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpg v http://www.suppawters.com/images/nrl_cowboys.gif

We will be assembling underneath the scoreboard. Bring your banners and flags and voices.

4.30pm Gates open
4.55pm Ipswich Jets v North Queensland Young Guns (Qld Cup)
7.05pm Titans V Cowboys

Tickets: available though Ticketek, call 132 849 or
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANGC07&searchId=acca207f-6390-435a-816b-9c13b8cdf600

Transport information: call Translink on 13 12 30 or
http://www.translink.com.au/qt/translin.nsf/index/ev_cowboys_v_titans_may07

Queenslander
02-05-07, 04:03 PM
I just got my tickets for another great all Queensland game, who else will be there?

qld power
02-05-07, 04:12 PM
wish i was but im happy got my origin 1 ticket and will be over for the broncs v knights game and doggs cowboys and titans v bunnies game so hopefully be able to meet a lot of u

DIEHARD
02-05-07, 10:48 PM
I'll be there.

Boofhead
03-05-07, 08:54 AM
hopefully will be there.

travop
03-05-07, 03:08 PM
ohh fiddle sticks i cant go wish it was on a sunday otherwise i would go cause im goin down the coast all weekend and leave at 12 on mon then i have monday night trainin

Titans Rock
03-05-07, 09:49 PM
If we win this match we will certaintly have the bragging rights in QLD. I'll definatley be watching the match on monday night and it should be a cracker!
I rekon we'll beat them in the Coast and progress north on the ladder.

Steve
04-05-07, 02:17 PM
I've been umming and aaahing over this for a while, but it's a busy weekend, and monday's are a bit of a killer for me, looks like I probably won't be going. Might change my mind partway through the weekend, but.. time and money!
Might have to wait until the next home game, make it a good one.

Titans Rock
04-05-07, 02:40 PM
Im sure they will get another sellout crowd, that would be great and im assuming there will be a group of Cowboys fans coming down to the Coast.

Cowboy Titan
04-05-07, 03:01 PM
If you want a seat, you'd better get in quick - single seats only left.

Tamwelg
04-05-07, 10:03 PM
If you want a seat, you'd better get in quick - single seats only left.

Looking like it will be another sell out for sure.

Queenslander
05-05-07, 03:24 PM
FREE GAME DAY TRANSPORT - TITANS V COWBOYS
Saturday 5 May 2007 07:56

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans along with the Queensland Police force are urging fans attending Monday nights NRL match between the Titans and Cowboys to take advantage of the FREE public transport being provided.

The game which is being held at Gold Coast Stadium Carrara on Monday night, 7th May is expected to attract a large if not capacity crowd.

Jetstar Titans General Manager of Operations and Media Ian Buchanan said, "Game ticket holders can travel for free by catching a regular Surfside service to connect with Shuttle Bus services leaving from Surfers Paradise, Pacific Fair, Robina Town Centre, Harbour Town and Nerang Rail to get to the game. There are also free return Shuttle services after the game. For more information about the services call 13 12 30."

Inspector Jeff James of the Major Events and Planning Unit encourages fans to come along and enjoy the game but to plan ahead on how to get there.

"We urge everyone to come along and enjoy the game but our message is to plan how you intend to get to and from the game so a fun time does not become a stressful one," said Inspector James.

For those who intend to drive to the game, there are two designated parking areas:

Area 1 entrance is next to the Basketball Stadium at Gate 2 (western side of stadium).

Area 2 entrance is off Alabaster Drive which is situated on the Southern side of Broadbeach-Nerang Road. (opposite Carrara Stadium).

Patrons who park in these car parks will be directed by police to exit the car park and turn right at the completion of the game.

Inspector James said, "We remind motorists that Alabaster Drive is a no standing zone and vehicles who park on the side of the road may be ticketed or towed away at the owner's expense.

"To ensure that patrons are able to exit the car parks expediently at the completion of the game, police will conduct road closures on Broadbeach-Nerang Road during the night," said Inspector James

In order to make your night at the Rugby League as safe and hassle free as possible, Supporters are urged to following the following game day planner.

* Pre-purchase tickets through Ticketek, www.ticketmaster.com.au

* Shuttle bus locations (see details below)

* Plan your evening and use your pre-purchased game ticket to catch a bus to the shuttle bus locations

* Aim to arrive at the game at least 30 mins before kickoff at the latest

Shuttle Bus details

- Nerang Station to Carrara Stadium
Departing Nerang Rail Every 10 minutes starting 2 hours before the scheduled kick off.

- Surfers Paradise & Pacific Fair to Carrara Stadium
Event Shuttle bus service operating every 10 minutes from Surfers Paradise (50 Cavill Ave), Pacific Fair (Southern Side Bus Rank). Starting 2 hours before the scheduled kick off.

- Harbour Town Shopping Centre to Carrara Stadium
Depart Harbour Town Shopping Centre bus zone every 15 minutes, starting 2 hours before the scheduled kick off.

- Robina Town Centre to Carrara Stadium
Depart Robina Town Shopping Centre bus zone every 15 minutes, starting 2 hours before the scheduled kick off.

- Return Services
Services to Surfers Paradise, Pacific Fair, Robina Town Centre, Harbour Town & Nerang Rail start departing after the game finishes.

www.titans.com.au

Robbie_Dee
05-05-07, 03:38 PM
Just a quick question about General Admission area at Carrara.

Is it standing only? Is it a hill to sit on? is there any seating available? and about How far away from the action is it? It'd be really appreciated if i could get an answer to these :)

thanks in advance. ;)

Steve
05-05-07, 04:17 PM
It's a pity the free transport doesn't extend to the one train every hour from QR. Plenty of fans in Brisbane, but unfortunately not catered to with public transport.

There are some concrete steps in the alcohol free zone that can be sat on. I'm not sure about the other end. We ended up standing down that end in anycase.

And well, it's pretty far from the field, but that's the case all over.

Cowboy Titan
05-05-07, 08:09 PM
Here's some train times for Monday:

To get there:

Depart

Roma Street (Platform 6) 2:57pm
Nerang (Station) 4:04pm

Roma Street (Platform 6) 3:27pm
Nerang (Station) 4:34pm

Roma Street (Platform 6) 3:57pm
Nerang (Station) 5:04pm

Roma Street (Platform 6) 4:27pm
Nerang (Station) 5:34pm

Roma Street (Platform 6) 4:57pm
Nerang (Station) 6:04pm

Return:

Depart

Nerang (Station) 9:54pm
Roma Street (Platform 7) 10:57pm

Nerang (Station) 10:54pm
Roma Street (Platform 7) 11:57pm

k-unit
05-05-07, 08:15 PM
This will be a great game! Looking forward to it! :D

dannyboi
13-05-07, 12:08 PM
Hey everyone - this is a bit late - over a week but i thought i'd put the pictures on here from the last Titan Game against the Bronco's.

Thanks for everyone that stuck around to see our team play even though of the rain. I know everyone get very very wet. I was soaked down to my last bit of clothin like i jumped in a pool with my clothes on. But hell it was fun - sorry to hear ur sick Diehard. Get better man. I screwed the forum up last time i put the large pic on the tread to this time i'll just link it.

Thanks guys.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w227/dan801/Titans%20Round%208/IMG_0129.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w227/dan801/Titans%20Round%208/IMG_0128.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w227/dan801/Titans%20Round%208/IMG_0130.jpg

BringBackWillie
14-05-07, 10:04 PM
Oh my gosh! What a drenching! No wonder some of you guys got sick after the game!

But the photos, sign and swords look great - think the rain makes a nice backdrop photo ;)