PDA

View Full Version : Travis coasting to Titans

Hoppy2007Dragons
27-04-07, 10:45 AM
In this weeks rugby league week edition their is a small exert on page 6 about Travis Burns possibly playing at the titans next year.

If so this is awesom, i really like travis burns he's young, energetic and a quite defensivley strong as well i think a prince/burns halves combo would be unreal.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Massive_Weno
27-04-07, 10:54 AM
Couldn't agree with you more Hoppy on Burns being an outstanding player and possible signing for titans.

I've always enjoyed watching him play for Manly. He seems to read the game well in defence and attack and has a more than capable kicking game that would complement Scotty Prince really well.

Social Loafer
27-04-07, 11:11 AM
I'd be saving money for another prop...

Big J
27-04-07, 11:36 AM
Could not agree more Schifty. Everyone is screaming for Preston to play 5/8 where he belongs, yet we get excited at the prospect of another 5/8 joining the club. Burns is a good young talent but we need some size upfront a lot more then another 5/8, no matter how promising.

Hoppy2007Dragons
27-04-07, 03:34 PM
well get rid of kahler(overated) and use the cash to buy a prop, i think that preston will be fullback, i don't thnik we will see him in the 5/8 jersey unless injury forces cartwrights hand.

Capital_Shark
27-04-07, 04:25 PM
Spot on about another prop. There is already a Dally M half back and GF winning 5/8 at the club, unfortunately he's wearing number 1 though. As soon as Carty swallows his pride and admits Hidler ain't a FG 5/8, Campbell is going to waste and Kahler gets smashed in the front row and would do better in the second row running wide, the more games the Titans will win and win easy!

Travis Burns is a champion young fella and was unlucky not to be last years rookie of the year (played a couple minutes in 2005 ruling him out) and would boost any teams chances. I can't see Manly getting rid of Monaghan AND Burns though. Surely Des has realised Lyon is worth more in the centres than the halves.

Darren Lockyer
27-04-07, 05:12 PM
well anyone to knock matt hilder out of the no. 6

patskE
27-04-07, 05:25 PM
dont wanna wait the whole year to knock him from 5/8
he has to go now tbh

travop
27-04-07, 05:25 PM
could u fill me in please
who is travo burns and who dose he play for
it might sound abit selfcenterer but i first thourght this thread was about myself beacause my real name is travis

Hoppy2007Dragons
27-04-07, 06:40 PM
travis burns is manly's 5/8 he played a few minutes in 05 then played last year and every game this year, he is a good young footballer with a bright future, i rate him quite highly.