PDA

View Full Version : Round 7: Gold Coast Titans vs Parramatta Eels

Queenslander
24-04-07, 01:25 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs Parramatta Eels

Sunday 29th April, 3:00pm; Gold Coast Stadium

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpgvshttp://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx2710.gif

Tickets: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANGC07&searchId=9801e40e-98ff-4a1a-8ab2-f3ca0d5527f4

The Legion: http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9461

Referee: Tony Archer.

Team Notes:

Titans

Fitness checks need to be made on the following players before the six-man bench is trimmed:
Preston Campbell (hand);
Anthony Laffranchi (foot);
Jake Webster (corked leg).
Eels

Parramatta Eels Head Coach Michael Hagan has named an unchanged team for the Round 7 match against the Gold Coast Titans on Sunday 29 April at Carrara Stadium.

In one minor addition, second row forward Zeb Taia has been named on a five man bench.

The match will be the 200th in the NRL for Eels player Daniel Wagon.
Teams:

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx15325.gif

1. Preston Campbell
2. Lelea Paea
3. Mat Rogers
4. Brett Delaney
5. Jake Webster
6. Matthew Hilder
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey (c)
9. Clint Amos
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Luke Swain
Interchange:

14. Kris Kahler
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Gavin Cooper
17. Nathan Friend
18. Josh Graham
19. Matthew Petersen

** Two to be omitted

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx6620.gif

1 Luke BURT
2 Jarryd HAYNE
3 Ben SMITH
4 Timana TAHU
5 Eric GROTHE
6 Brett FINCH
7 Tim SMITH
8 Nathan CAYLESS ?
9 PJ MARSH
10 Fuifui MOIMOI
11 Nathan HINDMARSH
12 Ian HINDMARSH
13 Daniel WAGON
Interchange:

14 Blake GREEN
15 Josh CORDOBA
16 Aaron CANNINGS
17 Feleti MATEO
18 Zeb TAIA

***Please use this thread for game day spoilers and general match information***

Gee
24-04-07, 04:02 PM
How did Paea hold his spot. Hagan will be telling parra to run at him all day. Big mistake having him playing

lonegull
24-04-07, 04:15 PM
a little surprising i thought we might have had a new 5/8th, hilder to lock or bench but with swain back this week, gee josh graham is unlucky i thought he could of held his spot

Steelers
24-04-07, 05:24 PM
How did Paea hold his spot. Hagan will be telling parra to run at him all day. Big mistake having him playing

I have a strong feeling that Matty Petersen will replace him in the 17 come game day.

TITAN FOREVER
24-04-07, 05:35 PM
I have a strong feeling that Matty Petersen will replace him in the 17 come game day.__________________

Yeah I get that feeling too!

~lee~
24-04-07, 07:52 PM
Im looking forward to watching this game on bigpond. Parra will be well up for it to seek revenge for the pre season loss to the Titans. I expect this to be a very close game but hopefully Parra can just pull off the win :)

Coaster
24-04-07, 08:13 PM
I heard in there last game the sledgeing was right up there with the worst you can do.

In perticular Peterson copped plenty, about his girlfriend, and what they would do to her while he was playing for Ipswich.

There wont be any loved lost in this one, with Smith coming back to his home town, and being in the wrong side.

Tamwelg
24-04-07, 08:29 PM
I have a strong feeling that Matty Petersen will replace him in the 17 come game day.

I hope so..

Darren Lockyer
24-04-07, 09:03 PM
shame Luke O 'Dwyer isn't playing

TITAN PETE
25-04-07, 10:40 AM
I heard in there last game the sledgeing was right up there with the worst you can do.

In perticular Peterson copped plenty, about his girlfriend, and what they would do to her while he was playing for Ipswich.

There wont be any loved lost in this one, with Smith coming back to his home town, and being in the wrong side.

There will be 17000 + people with a chance to return the favour:laugh: .

Steve
25-04-07, 11:07 AM
This looks like being a fight for a place in the 8.
Should definitely be a tough game.

I too was hoping to see Petersen starting.
Paea's form is improving, but Petersen is already there.

patskE
25-04-07, 04:02 PM
man... i would of put money on there would of been a change in the backline for sure...
goto give it to carty
he is really giving em a go...
paea cant score, n isnt really that good in reading the play
put peterson in
n hilder :S still 5/8... come on man, time for a change

k-unit
25-04-07, 04:41 PM
IMO, its a shame that Jake Webster is on the wing. His talents will be wasted there :o

Chaos
25-04-07, 06:20 PM
a little surprising i thought we might have had a new 5/8th, hilder to lock or bench but with swain back this week, gee josh graham is unlucky i thought he could of held his spot

Yeah...I'll be watching Swain a bit closer this weekend, I don't think I've seen him beat a player in attack and that is strange for a lock.

Chaos
25-04-07, 06:23 PM
This looks like being a fight for a place in the 8.
Should definitely be a tough game.

I too was hoping to see Petersen starting.
Paea's form is improving, but Petersen is already there.

I'm with you Steve, Paea is another player that's not beating players in attack...I doubt his strength

jenny
26-04-07, 12:03 AM
Stars battle injuries, Titans name 19-man squad

Luke Turgeon

25Apr07

TITANS stars Preston Campbell and Anthony Laffranchi will head for precautionary X-rays today but coach John Cartwright is confident they will be fit for Sunday's showdown with Parramatta at Carrara.

Fullback Campbell (hand) and backrower Laffranchi (foot) are the biggest Titans injury concerns following the weekend's 20-6 loss to Manly.

As an insurance policy, Cartwright yesterday named an extended 19-man squad to tackle the Eels and will reduce it to 17 tomorrow after fitness tests on Campbell, Laffranchi and winger Jake Webster (corked leg).

Lock Luke Swain comes back into the side from suspension, while utility Josh Graham and winger Matt Petersen have been named 18th and 19th man respectively.

"It is a bit early in the week to finalise the 17," said Cartwright.

"We will have a look at what Parramatta come up with and check the fitness on our guys and make a decision a bit closer to the weekend.

"It is nothing major but we have got a few guys that won't be able to train tomorrow because of a few bumps and bruises."

Cartwright said he was looking to move on from the controversial Sea Eagles game, which saw him slugged with a $5000 fine for approaching video referee Steve Nash to question an obstruction call.

Referees boss Robert Finch has since come out and said the decision, which led to Manly's opening try of the match in the second minute, was incorrect. As a direct result, Nash has been dropped by Finch for round seven and is expected to return in round eight.

"I have put him down for the week," said Finch.

"It was the general consensus at the referees meeting that the try should not have been awarded."

Cartwright said he would accept the fine.

"The rules are there for everyone to see," said Cartwright, who knew he was not supposed to talk to match officials.

"I broke the rules and will cop the punishment.

"I have learned a lesson from it.

"But it was nice to be vindicated.

"I spoke to the referees guy (Finch) and he said it was no try according to the rules, which should have been applied. But that doesn't help us."

Alterations to the obstruction rule were made this year and controversy surrounding the interpretation has clouded almost every match so far this season.

Cartwright declared the situation a mess and called on the National Rugby League to rectify the problem.

"It is popping up every week and in every other business or walks of life, if you have got issues you fix them," said Cartwright.

"It has got to be addressed somehow and it has got to get to a situation where we all know what the decision is going to be before it goes to the video.

"At the moment it is a lottery every time it goes up. Every coach in the NRL gets worried."
Gold Coast Bulletin

patskE
26-04-07, 03:01 AM
graham pretty unlucky not to be named on the bench
been good for us i rkn

Tamwelg
26-04-07, 06:46 AM
graham pretty unlucky not to be named on the bench
been good for us i rkn

I'd put him at lock in place of Swain.

Supergoose
26-04-07, 09:30 PM
I reckon the Titans will win this one - but not by much. I hope Graham and Petersen come in as they have both been good. Might need a bit of size in the backline to counter Parra's size.

patskE
27-04-07, 04:27 PM
dont know how paea is keeping his possie
i been defending him past few rounds
saying he will improve, give it time
but yeh he has 2 wingers(walker/peterson) on his heels, so if he dont preform this week his gone for sure

scooter
27-04-07, 06:20 PM
Go the Titans Go Go Go They will get em by 9 :laugh: otherwise im not happy

Tamwelg
27-04-07, 10:04 PM
Source www.gcbulletin.com.au

Swain fired up to face Parra

Luke Turgeon

27Apr07

FLAME-haired Gold Coast Titans lock Luke Swain is back from suspension and more fired up than ever to make an impact when he returns to rugby league on Sunday against Parramatta at Carrara.

Swain was forced to watch last weekend's 20-6 loss against Manly on television from the Gold Coast after being rubbed out for one game by the National Rugby League judiciary for a late hit on Broncos halfback Shane Perry the week before.

It was the first time Swain had been suspended in his 83-game NRL career and he didn't like it one bit.

"The Manly game was really hard to watch," said Swain. "It was frustrating when the team is losing and you know that you can't do anything about it.

"It was tough.

"The fact I had to swim 10km with Billy (trainer Billy Johnstone) and ride 80km instead didn't help."

Swain has managed to re-claim his No.13 jumper despite an impressive showing from rookie replacement Josh Graham against Manly.

Titans coach John Cartwright said he had no reservations about slotting Swain straight back in.

"Swainy has been there all year and did a good job and he deserves to come straight back in," said Cartwright.

"Josh is doing a great job for us. But he still is getting used to the pace of the game.

"He only played 40 minutes at the weekend and that was up on his previous game in the forwards."

Graham has been named as 18th man this week.

"Just because he is named 18 or 19 doesn't mean he won't be out there somewhere," said Cartwright.

Winger Mat Petersen, who has been named as 19th man, looks set to challenge for a starting spot and could oust Lelea Paea, after showing good form at training since returning from a neck injury.

Backrower Anthony Laffranchi (foot) and star fullback Preston Campbell (hand) have been cleared of major damage after undergoing X-rays on Wednesday.

Cartwright is looking to put a disrupted week behind him. On Monday he was fined $5000 after a run-in with video referee Steve Nash during the Manly match and on Tuesday the club resolved the Chris Walker saga.

Nash was subsequently dumped for this week's round after referee's boss Robert Finch ruled he should have called obstruction on Manly's opening try, the incident which led to the confrontation with Cartwright.

"You would rather it didn't happen but if they get the decisions right it doesn't have to happen," said Cartwright of Nash's axing.

"No one wants to see anyone lose their job over it but I guess it just highlights the issue that is the obstruction rule."

Cartwright will finalise his 17-man side to take on the Eels tomorrow.

Steve
28-04-07, 12:30 AM
Yeah...I'll be watching Swain a bit closer this weekend, I don't think I've seen him beat a player in attack and that is strange for a lock.

I don't think Swain is going that bad, probably getting used to playing in a bit of a different position to what he's used to. Waterhouse usually played most of the game at lock, so Swain would have come in for second rowers and props.
He's making a decent amount of tackles. Not sure just how much game time he's getting. Broken 6 tackles and the line once in his five games this season.

Alan Tongue, who was probably one of the best forwards last year, has only managed 8 tackle breaks in 6 games and hasn't broken the line at all.
Although he is getting through a lot more defence.

I may be a bit biased, as a Panther fan, but i've also been keeping my eye on him because of that, and I think he's done well.
Sure, he's not busting games open, but he's getting work done and has been solid. I'm guessing he's who is coming off so we can have both hookers on the field, while a lot of other locks are playing the full 80.

Eel 33
28-04-07, 01:22 PM
I had to pop in for this one, no prizes who i tipped!!!:)

Tamwelg
28-04-07, 01:51 PM
Source www.nrl.com.au

Petersen keen to cement his wing spot

Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 12:01 PM

Playing against his old NRL club Parramatta at Carrara on Sunday doesn't hold any special meaning for Gold Coast winger Matt Petersen.

He's just delighted to be playing again after a frustrating injury-marred start to the season.

Coach John Cartwright has axed out-of-form winger Lelea Paea from the 17-man squad for the clash with the Eels, drafting Petersen into the starting team following his recovery from a neck injury.

"I'm just happy to be back in the side," Petersen said after training on Saturday.

"I haven't placed any significant meaning on it (playing against the Eels).

"It's just another game and we have to play well to turn around the loss (20-6 to Manly) from last week."

Petersen played only eight games for Parramatta last year following the emergence of excitement machine Jarryd Hayne.

He underwent a shoulder reconstruction in the off-season and then injured his knee in the lead-up to the Titans' historic season-opener against St George Illawarra.

"I just want to settle down and try and cement my spot," said Petersen, who has been sidelined for the past two rounds.

"I missed games against the Dragons and the Broncos so there's a couple of big ones."

Some might say the Titans wingers are cursed after Steve Turner and Brian Carney both abandoned the club in the pre-season, Chris Walker broke his thumb before becoming involved in an alcohol-fuelled nightclub incident and Paea and Kiwi international Jake Webster have been playing poorly.

In contrast the Eels are more settled and their halves combination of Tim Smith and Brett Finch are improving every week.

"I think they're a bit off peaking yet," said Parramatta and Kangaroos back-rower Nathan Hindmarsh.

"They've still got a lot of good footy in them yet."

Petersen added: "It's round seven this week and it was always going to take time for them to gel.

"They are starting to play well and when you've got players like that on either side of the ruck that can control the play so well, it does make it hard."

Hindmarsh, Eels skipper Nathan Cayless and Titans co-captain Luke Bailey will be playing their third game in nine days on Sunday.

Cartwright said Bailey's workload would be carefully monitored during the gruelling representative season.

"He's just got a tremendous work ethic and he's very tough," Cartwright remarked.

"We'll monitor him. He's coming into a tough time of the year, especially if he makes State of Origin.

"We'll have to keep a close eye on him. It is tough but everyone wants to see the best players on the paddock in all forms of the game."

Eels back-rower Ian Hindmarsh has been ruled out of Sunday's clash after sustaining a nasty head clash from a collision last weekend with Bulldogs forward Chris Armit.

Source: AAP

Tamwelg
28-04-07, 01:52 PM
All our wishes have been answered and Paea has been replaced by Peterson. I think we will see a big game from Peterson to keep his spot.

patskE
28-04-07, 02:45 PM
yay
man swain had a good game vs broncos
when we bought him we knew he was a workhorse
i rkn his improving each week tbh
happy wiht paea getting dropped
all we need now is hilder

Tamwelg
28-04-07, 03:02 PM
all we need now is hilder

Hilder is playing o.k., but maybe O'Dwyer will play 5/8 when he is fully fit.

Steelers
28-04-07, 03:52 PM
I picked Petersen being brought into the side when the teams were named :)

Some might say the Titans wingers are cursed after Steve Turner and Brian Carney both abandoned the club in the pre-season, Chris Walker broke his thumb before becoming involved in an alcohol-fuelled nightclub incident and Paea and Kiwi international Jake Webster have been playing poorly.

I think that Webster has been one of the better players in the past couple of rounds... typical media :p

jenny
29-04-07, 06:20 AM
Titans skipper out to make Tim's trip pointless
Luke Turgeon
28Apr07

GOLD Coast Titans rugby league co-captain Scott Prince will be out to spoil Tim Smith's homecoming party when the Titans host Parramatta in front of an expected capacity crowd at Carrara tomorrow afternoon.

A Runaway Bay junior, Eels halfback Smith will have his fair share of fans in the stands but Prince is confident of sending him back to Sydney minus the prized two competition points.

"He is a local boy so he probably would be looking to impress at home on his home turf," said Prince.

"But it is a game we have to win.

"He is a good player and he got rookie of the year a few years back.

"He has got a really good kicking game and can throw a handy ball so we definitely have to be on our game to combat that.

"But at the end of the day we have to worry about the way we play."

Sitting eighth and ninth on the National Rugby League ladder respectively, with three wins from their first six games, the Eels and the Titans are both looking to bounce back from last round losses.

The Titans were unlucky to an extent against Manly, falling 20-6, while Parramatta came up short against the Bulldogs 21-18.

Smith is starting to form a formidable combination with Parramatta five-eighth Brett Finch after a shaky start to the season and the pair should prove tough to stop.

Former Roosters halfback Finch appears to have grown in confidence in the No.6 jumper and has been dangerous when he has decided to take on the defensive line.

"It is going to make it difficult defensively because they (Smith and Finch) can both play on each sides of the ruck," said Prince.

"It makes it hard when you are defending because you don't know which way the ball is going to go.

"But we have just got to get up off the line and be alive and really enthusiastic defensively."

For Titans backrower Anthony Laffranchi -- who is leading the league in offloads (19) and second in the hit-up count (116) -- and fullback Preston Campbell it will be their final chance to impress Country Origin selectors before the team for the May 3 City-Country match is named tomorrow night.

"(Eels and Test backrower) Nathan Hindmarsh is a great player and Boof (Laffranchi) is playing the best I have ever seen him play," said Prince.

"It will be a good test for Boof to match it with him."
Gold Coast Bulletin

Victor
29-04-07, 06:11 PM
and..... titans win

k-unit
29-04-07, 06:16 PM
Great game by us, we are playing great footy! Prince, Campbell, Delaney and Rogers all played exceptionally well as did the rest of the side. Friend came on and proved well.

All in all, a well fought victory and we ended up smashing them!

GO TITANS!

Parra Petty
29-04-07, 06:33 PM
Congratulations to all you Titans fans - we were thoroughly outplayed and comprehensively thrashed by a fired up and impressive Titans outfit today.

Even if my Eels had of fielded our strongest team, I still don't think we would have come away with a win - the Titans would have beat most teams ontheir performance today!

It sets up an interesting clash next Monady at Carrara, with the Cowboys improving over the weekend in their win against Manly. The Bowen v Campbell and Thurston v Prince clashes may just see me fork out the cash for a ticket next Monday night.

If anyone missed the match, than check out my matc report below -

http://www.league.net.au/titans-thrash-sick-eels/

Cheers and congrats once again,

Parra Petty

k-unit
29-04-07, 06:45 PM
Thanks mate. We played the best footy all round IMO. Better then Storm who only won because of the high error count. We are definatley pushing to be real contenders this year! C'MON TITANS!

Steve
29-04-07, 06:57 PM
Definitely played some great footy. Showed what they're capable of.
Rogers is looking a lot more dangerous than he has, the whole team was impressive!

Every time we had a set inside their half we looked dangerous.
Hilder's slowly getting more involved I think, did a great little chip, although Prince still did most of the kicking. But why not, he was carving them up.
I think his bomb that led to the Rogers try came back down with snow on it.

TITAN FOREVER
29-04-07, 07:13 PM
Loved every minute of the game great stuff. Like the John Lennon song getting better Very professional effort congratulations to all the team and the administration right down to the ground announcer. Lets do it again next week. Team selection this week great. :)

Old Diehard
29-04-07, 07:14 PM
Wish I was there! Unfortuanately had to work ( don't ever become traffic controllers-damn!) The best I've seen them play! Even Parra's try shouldn't have been allowed! Really impressive!

Good crowd too! Have they moved the side stands closer to the field than in in the old stadium?

TITAN PETE
29-04-07, 07:26 PM
It was a great game by the entire 17 man squad with Presto,Prince,Delaney,Rogers or Lafranchi could've all been named man of the match it was a great team effort.
Also a big cheer should go to all the supporters of both teams who were there today, it was great to be part of a "SELL OUT" Crowd & i'm sure it won't be the last time the House Full sign goes up :) .

Robbie_Dee
29-04-07, 07:41 PM
BEST game I've seen the Titans play!!!! TOTALLY outclassed Eels in every way!!!! Prince was insane! Preston Played outstanding! Laffranchi surely deserves an origin jumper after his performance! All the forwards, and all the backs stood up and delivered the goods!!!!

WHAT A WIN!!!!!

League Lover
29-04-07, 08:24 PM
Titans thrash eels but they still keep droping of at the end what do you think still a great preformance.

tom91
29-04-07, 08:27 PM
well considering they won by 26 points id say they played alright,,,standouts for me are prince,cambell,rogers and maybe peterson

League Lover
29-04-07, 08:34 PM
Yeah A Great Win

tom91
29-04-07, 08:35 PM
lol you forgot rogers

Titanium_BD1103
29-04-07, 09:01 PM
FINAL SCORE

Gold Coast Titans 38

Tries: Laffranchi x2, Rogers x2, Graham, Petersen, Webster
Goals: Campbell 3/4, Delaney 2/3

Parramatta Eels 12

Tries: Marsh, Hindmarsh
Goals: Burt 2/2

Today we found out what happens when a team comes out with enthusiasm and commitment to a cause, and that is that they can do extraordinary things.

The boys from the Titans were sensational today, but it all came down to the fact they all came out as 17 men who wanted to do their team proud and who were all really excited to be there and to play.

The difference between the GC and Parra today was that the GC boys ran up in tackles in defense, were running at everything in attack and there was just really good communication, with the absolute opposite in the Eels... they tried hard, but couldn't pull it off, they were just not cohesive enough against a slick Titans outfit.

I reckon the team can make the top 8 if it can keep this up and stay away from injuries, because everyone is playing at 110% and therefore are coming up with some stunning plays on the back of Magicians Prince and Campbell... the support is amazing and the play is terrific.

Keep up the good work boys, you are doing the team proud and we love the play and hopefully the rest of the NRL does to.

ozynorts
29-04-07, 09:14 PM
Titans thrash eels but they still keep droping of at the end what do you think still a great preformance.
They keep dropping off at the end of games because they are not a big side and it takes alot out of them to compete with the bigger forwards!!!! They are so fortunate to have Billy Johnstone as he is able to overcome some of the size disdvantage with superior fitness.
It was amazing to watch the guys keep competing at such a high level for so long. Bull Bailey has to be one of the first players picked for origin this year.

Cowboy Titan
29-04-07, 09:23 PM
Congrats to the Titans on a fantastic win today. They're looking great to make the 8 this year.

For the first time this year, we'll be in the stands cheering against the Titans rather than for them next week, although we're tossing up on whether to bring our Titans flags, hats, masks, etc. in case the Cowboys aren't doing so well.

It's fantastic to have 2 great teams to follow.

RobJ
29-04-07, 10:24 PM
Go The Titans!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tamwelg
29-04-07, 10:59 PM
What a game, they just keep getting better. Everyone is gelling together as a team really quickly and seem to be reading each other really well. For the first time this year Laffranchi and Bailey didn't top all the forwards stats (yes they were both up there, as always) and not because they had bad games or anything like that, the whole team stepped up a notch and everyone did a great job, fantastic team effort all round.

One of my favourite parts of the game was the chip over the top by Prince to Campbell, leading to a Graham try.

Darren Lockyer
30-04-07, 07:26 AM
great win for the boys

Kingytek
30-04-07, 10:08 AM
Who got MOM?

Tamwelg
30-04-07, 10:19 AM
Who got MOM?

Preston Campbell

meter maid
30-04-07, 02:32 PM
It may not have made any difference to the outcome but apparently the Eels had a virus go throught the team prior to Sundays game. 8 of the players required injections to allow them to play and Tim Smith was throwing up still during training which is why he couldn't continue playing the second half.
Guess we'll have to wait till the re-match to see if it was a legitimate win, the Eels will have their pride to play for.
So, own up now folks WHO POISONED THE EELS!!!

Steve
30-04-07, 03:20 PM
They must have been hanging out over in Panthers, they were all sick too, Gower in hospital before the game.
Panthers said it was no excuse for their loss, so the eels can't clame that either. :D

dean
30-04-07, 06:10 PM
What an awesome effort from the MIGHTY TITANS. I seriously could not fault any Titan player on their individual performances. Each and every player performed brilliantly in their respective positions. I have been a huge critic of Hilder playing 5/8 but after watching this weekends performance i have changed my mind. Watching the way that Campbell slots in to 5/8 and with the likes of Prince and Friend showing their silky ballskills made me realise that maybe we don't need Hilder to play like a traditional 5/8. After all i have always believed that Cartwright has a better football brain than me, and i can now see his reasoning regarding Hilder playing 5/8. All i can say is bring on the Cowboys cause wer'e gonna smash them too.

Great to finally met Diehard, Steve and Dee13 at the game on Sunday. It was only brief but i'll get over for a longer chat Monday night.

Coaster
30-04-07, 08:47 PM
It may not have made any difference to the outcome but apparently the Eels had a virus go throught the team prior to Sundays game. 8 of the players required injections to allow them to play and Tim Smith was throwing up still during training which is why he couldn't continue playing the second half.
Guess we'll have to wait till the re-match to see if it was a legitimate win, the Eels will have their pride to play for.
So, own up now folks WHO POISONED THE EELS!!!

We smashed them in the trials also.

We have only played them twice this season and have racked up 60-22

I dont care if they had a virus, to me thats an excuse.
Preperation is just as important part of a game as scoring tries.

jake86
30-04-07, 09:25 PM
Campbell looks devastating attacking from the back. Unfortunately, this means we may not see mathers in the side for a while. Hilder at 5-8 was better, though different option altogether would be to trial mathers in that position (Hilder->lock). Play presto at second receiver in attack, mathers can play the traditional 'roving' roll of the FB.

Cant see the above happening (if it is isnt broke, dont fix it?), but it seems a waste having a player of mathers calibre in the Qld cup

Tamwelg
30-04-07, 09:34 PM
Campbell looks devastating attacking from the back. Unfortunately, this means we may not see mathers in the side for a while. Hilder at 5-8 was better, though different option altogether would be to trial mathers in that position (Hilder->lock). Play presto at second receiver in attack, mathers can play the traditional 'roving' roll of the FB.

Cant see the above happening (if it is isnt broke, dont fix it?), but it seems a waste having a player of mathers calibre in the Qld cup

It is a shame with Mathers in QRL, but your right, if it aint broke don't fix it.

Boonarga
01-05-07, 01:15 AM
It was great to get down and see the team play. I have just a few comments on the whole day.

Parking was easy and close.

The 2 lead up games were good to watch. Especially the cops with their all-in brawl.

I didn't appreciate the volume of the speakers. Far, far too loud.

We sat at the scoreboard end which is ok for the price but had zero idea of what was happening when play was down the other end. Craning the neck around to see the big screen was the only way. Concrete seating is a little hard on the bum as well.

The Titanettes were brilliant. I've seen many a cheer squad over the years and these girls are by far the best. They just seemed so happy to be out there. That kind of spirit rubs off on the crowd.

Leaving the ground posed little problem. Got back to the car without much hassle and were out of the carpark in less than 10 minutes. We didn't rush out either so they must have fixed previous problems.

I probably wouldn't go to Carrara again unless I could get grandstand seats. It's not worth travelling 400 miles for the view from either end.

Looking forward to Robina Stadium!

jenny
01-05-07, 07:04 AM
I could get grandstand seats. It's not worth travelling 400 miles for the view from either end.

Great effort Boonarga ...Well done!!!

scooter
01-05-07, 11:30 AM
that was a great game..:) :laugh:

bigjim
01-05-07, 01:20 PM
I probably wouldn't go to Carrara again unless I could get grandstand seats. It's not worth travelling 400 miles for the view from either end.

Mate, I really feel for you. That's a mighty committment to your footy team.

I love my league as well, but have to have a grandstand seat. It's the only way to see over the rabble in front. We had this group of guys in front of our stand, and I don't think they saw more than 15 minutes of the game. Absolutely off their trees and farting about all game. For them it wasn't worth the price of admission.

No trouble with the traffic, however, just walked out the front gate and whistled while a walked the half hour home.

Mind you, next year, walking from Robina might be a different caper.