PDA

View Full Version : Titans in the Top 8 - Can we stay here?

Tamwelg
15-04-07, 10:19 PM
After an impressive win over the Broncos we (the Titans) are sitting in the top 8 (we are 7th on for and against). My question to everyone, do you think we have what it takes to finish the seaon here?

I think we do every week we keep getting better and the performance deisplayed against the broncos was good enough to beat or be competitive with any team in the NRL. I know it's early days, but I real feel like we can make the 8.

Robbie_Dee
15-04-07, 10:37 PM
I think we can come close! While we have started strong, and look promising, I think Injuries will start to sink in, test our depth, and only just miss the 8.

All the same, if the Titans keep going the way they are, definitely!!! Making the 8 is a realistic goal, much to my surprise!

PUP*23
15-04-07, 10:41 PM
If all goes well, we should be able to keep ourselves there.

Injuries are the main concern of knocking us about, but with the talented players we have and the way the team pulls together and play, I believe we have the strength to give the top 8 the best shot we can.

patskE
16-04-07, 12:33 AM
man we beat the defending premiers
i rkn we beat manly
hoo hoo

Darren Lockyer
16-04-07, 10:13 AM
i think we can but we need to win the tighter matches

travop
16-04-07, 01:29 PM
YES we can the titans have made history to be better then our ancestors before us (chargers exc) WE ARE THE TITANS HEAR US ROAR

bigjim
16-04-07, 01:36 PM
I think we can make the top eight if we can keep the same team on the field for the majority of the season.

Depth is an issue with any team but injury to key players is the main worry.

TITAN PETE
16-04-07, 08:01 PM
Barring injuries to key players Prince,Campbell,Bull, Lafranchi etc we should go close but i think the question should be asked after another 10 or 12 rounds.

Steve
17-04-07, 12:39 PM
I think so.
We're doing alright for first season.
Pretty much everyone is unfamiliar with their team mates, so combinations are still coming together. Keeping in mind our backline has been shuffling constantly through injury, they're doing pretty well.
Preston is settling in at fullback and starting to become more involved, aswell as safer in defence.
The pack is solid, full of workhorses. I think some of the guys are really starting to shine coming out from the shadow of some bigger name players.
When you have Cartwright, Gilly and Sattler involved in the team, i'm not surprised the forwards are going well.
Hilder in the 6 is looking better each week, and his defensive effort there is probably taking some pressure off Prince. We're not missing out on a playmaker with Campbell coming into the line more and more.

So I think we've had a solid start we can only improve on.
If we can beat Manly, we'll be well on our way.

hugebrianfan
17-04-07, 01:19 PM
yes i tihnk the titans can and will stay in the top 8,they just have to keep on doing what theyr're doing and they'll pull through

Chris_Walker_Rules
20-04-07, 12:03 PM
i think they can stay in the 8 but the game agaisnt manly will be tough

squirrell
20-04-07, 02:50 PM
Top 8 is what the titans must be aiming for,remember" if you aim at nothing you'll hit it everytime".One man's misfortune is anothers fortune and that's the case with our current injuries.The players carty uses to replace regular starters have a big chance to prove themselves at the top grade,if they shine it will strenghen our depth when the "big boys" are fit again and that will make us a strong team for the seasons to come.Having depth of players who have played 1st grade is a great predicament for carty and will promote plenty of competition for spots when injured players return and then aren't guaranteed starting a game.Top 8 is realistic given our quality,sorry that was long winded!!!!.