PDA

View Full Version : Round 6: Manly-Warringah v Gold Coast Titans @ Brookvale

DIEHARD
14-04-07, 04:19 PM
Manly-Warringah v Gold Coast Titans
2pm, Sunday the 22nd of April @ Brookvale Oval.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx11944.jpg V http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpg

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/assets/products/brookvale-merchandise-map.gif

The Southern Legion will be meeting on the North/Eastern Corner of the Brookvale Oval Hill (GA tickets) on Sunday, 22 April 2007 from about 12:30 onwards. Kickoff for the main game is at 2pm and given the grass hill, it would be good to have as many people there early to bar a good spot in the top NE corner for people the Titans Legion to gather.

Game day info on getting there etc etc can be found at - http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/match-day-info.asp?tx=104

How to get to Brookvale Oval

* Take State Transit bus 180 from the Queen Victoria Building (Town Hall).
* On Saturdays these buses leave every 17 and 47 minutes past the hour.
* On Sundays these buses leave every 49 minutes past the hour.
* The 180 bus is the only bus that goes directly to Brookvale Oval.
* The 180 bus travels through: Wynyard, Neutral Bay, Cremorne, Mosman, Spit Junction, The Spit, Seaforth, Balgowlah, Manly Vale.

General Admission ticket costs.

Adult - $22.00
Pensioner - $12.00
Junior - $12.00
Student - $18.00

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE -> http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=EAGLES07

Don't forget your deck chairs and picnic rugs. And most importantly, don't forget your flags, banners and confetti!

* * * MORE INFO TO COME * * *

DIEHARD
15-04-07, 03:11 PM
I'm an 80% certainty on being there with the Southern Legion.

What a match this will be!

Do we have what it takes to knock off the undefeated Manly Sea Eagles? I certainly think so!

Social Loafer
15-04-07, 06:38 PM
Brookvale is a total Dump. At least being on the Northern Hill you won't have that ridiculously steep embankment behind you.

If you can, get there early and buy tickets at the gate, buying online attracts a $5 fee to print your ticket. No one should have to pay $27 to sit in that sub-standard venue.

BringBackWillie
15-04-07, 08:07 PM
Thanks for putting up the details Die Hard!
Can you change the image to the one I've now forwarded re: where we're going to position ourselves!

Hope to see you all there!

patskE
15-04-07, 11:37 PM
pretty sure iam going to this game
just wondering
do u guys chant n stuff?
if so wat u sing?

C-Whiz
16-04-07, 06:15 AM
pretty sure iam going to this game
just wondering
do u guys chant n stuff?
if so wat u sing?

I've got a song you can sing. Especially on the way back to the pub after we clip those Eagles wings. It's somewhere back in the Titans forum.

ps, how good would it have been to be able to sing a VICTORY song after beating the Broncos the other night?

patskE
16-04-07, 11:43 AM
nanananaaaaaa nanananaaaaaaa hey hey hey good bye!

patskE
17-04-07, 12:14 PM
the lineup taken from titans homepage
1. Preston Campbell
2. Lelea Paea
3. Matt Rogers
4. Brett Delaney
5. Jake Webster
6. Matthew Hilder
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Clint Amos
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Josh Graham

Interchange:

14. Kris Kahler
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Gavin Cooper
17. Nathan Friend

Social Loafer
17-04-07, 06:32 PM
nanananaaaaaa nanananaaaaaaa hey hey hey good bye!

Gotta love that song :D

Steelers
17-04-07, 07:05 PM
Gotta love that song :D

It is great to sing at a cricket game or something, but when there is a crowd singing it to you... IT IS EVEN BETTER :p Played an exhibition D/N cricket game against one of the senior teams (I was playing for U/16's) and they had a crowd of about 50 people on the hill. Loved it when I got sung the tune when I got out :p

Steve
17-04-07, 07:54 PM
Ah, was hoping to see Walker back.
Still, good solid team that can get the job done.

DIEHARD
19-04-07, 06:12 PM
OK gang. I'm packing for my road trip to Brookvale tomorrow. I won't be back until Monday.

I'm pumped up for this match and I am confident we can knock off Manly. This will be my first visit to Brookvale so I'm also excited about that and it also gives me the opportunity to catch up with my mates from the Manly supporter groups.

I'll make sure our Southern Legion members have my mobile, incase we have trouble finding each other. But if we all follow the standard game plan of getting GA tickets and meeting in the north east corner.

Try and get there from about noon, nice and early so we can jockey for a good position. I think we will get more numbers this game, with last time being Easter weekend, a lot of people had other priorities. So hopefully we can get some of the fans who went to the 'Dogs game and some fresh new recruits for this BIG match.

I am really looking forward to watching the Titans play and also catching up with our Southern crew, who are such a bunch of champions.

I really hope we make the finals or onwards so we can all unify behind the Titans.

Steve
20-04-07, 09:58 AM
Hopefully the Southern Legion will grow with each game!
Should be a good time for all, especially if we win.

BringBackWillie
21-04-07, 12:08 PM
Great to hear you're joining us Die Hard. There should be a good number there tomorrow with majority of those at the Doggies game back!

patskE
21-04-07, 03:29 PM
question
if i buy tickets online
do i print em out?
casue there no time to get em delievered n stuff

Steve
21-04-07, 03:42 PM
question
if i buy tickets online
do i print em out?
casue there no time to get em delievered n stuff

I think ticketek has a print your own option? Sends you a pdf file or something.
Not sure, don't have a printer, I always just go pick them up.

BringBackWillie
21-04-07, 06:33 PM
Yes, you can just print it out.
Not quite sure what works out better - buy online or buy at gate
Look forward to meeting ya

DIEHARD
23-04-07, 10:14 PM
Wow that was a truly awesome effort from the legion!

We were so loud and so into it! We must have had about 35 people in the Southern Legion complete with flags and banners.

I just got back from Sydney, haven't had much sleep. I'll check back in to give a better report.

It was great to see you all down there!

Social Loafer
23-04-07, 10:52 PM
Wow that was a truly awesome effort from the legion!

We were so loud and so into it! We must have had about 35 people in the Southern Legion complete with flags and banners.

I just got back from Sydney, haven't had much sleep. I'll check back in to give a better report.

It was great to see you all down there!

Be sure to give your take on brookvale oval :D

jenny
24-04-07, 06:19 AM
Be sure to give your take on brookvale oval :D

LMAO AGAIN............. That was the funniest thing Schifty....:p

Simon_122
24-04-07, 08:06 PM
I was initially a fan of Brooky when we first walked in but.......
I don't think I could have been more uncomfortable. And the rain then the sun, not much fun if your in a plastic poncho.

Shame we had such a bad start, even with a try that should have not been awarded. Great second half for the guys.

We were loud but how bad were the Manly supporters, I did however enjoyed one of the loud mouths begging to be let into the trafic on the way home.

See you at Aussie Stadium for the Roosters game.

Simon

P.S. Yes I let the loud mouth in.

BringBackWillie
25-04-07, 10:32 PM
I'll let Die Hard explain the "seating" arrangements on the brookie hill ;)

Social Loafer
25-04-07, 11:12 PM
I was initially a fan of Brooky when we first walked in but.......
I don't think I could have been more uncomfortable. And the rain then the sun, not much fun if your in a plastic poncho.

Lucky the game was during the day or you would have had to deal with lights going out as well.

patskE
26-04-07, 01:59 AM
brooky was a mad ground, 1st time i been there
reminds me of old oki or shark park, alot of grass which is good for fans
just a shame about the weather

sat right next to the legion 1st half then went for a wander for the 2nd half

nice fans aswell, sitting next to these randoms with my m8 n they just offered us a umbella, nice of em lol