PDA

View Full Version : The Doubters Thread

DIEHARD
11-04-07, 04:11 PM
Here is a thread to keep track of all the identities tipping against us.

For instance Laurie Daley tipping us for the wooden spoon.

Existance Doubters.

Season Doubters.
Laurie Daley (Wooden Spoon)

Match Doubters.

Round 5. vs Brisbane Broncos

Mark Geyer
Paul Vautin
Peter Sterling
Paul Harragon
Matty Johns
Laurie Daley
Ray Hadley

Round 6. vs Manly Sea Eagles

Laurie Daley
Ray Hadley
Mark Geyer
Paul Vautin
Peter Sterling
Paul Harragon
Matty Johns

DIEHARD
11-04-07, 04:14 PM
RLW's Round 5 tips.

Everyone has tipped against the mighty Titans. Including but not restricted to the following.

Mark Geyer
Paul Vautin
Peter Sterling
Paul Harragon
Matty Johns

dean
11-04-07, 06:43 PM
RLW's Round 5 tips.

Everyone has tipped against the mighty Titans. Including but not restricted to the following.

Mark Geyer
Paul Vautin
Peter Sterling
Paul Harragon
Matty Johns

These would be the same 5 that tipped the Panthers last week. Thought they might have learnt something, obviously NOT!

Steel Dragon
11-04-07, 10:06 PM
Doubters, maybe. But remember we aren't guaranteed to win either! The Broncos are still a good side while ever Lockyer is still around.

Jason

Cowboy Titan
11-04-07, 10:58 PM
On a different note for doubters, last week Michael Voss had his official farewell for the Lions prior to their game. I couldn't believe it when I saw in the paper that he had tipped against the Lions. They had the last laugh though.

DIEHARD
15-04-07, 06:58 PM
I just added Daley and Hadley from Big League tipping the Broncos over us.

shavenjas
16-04-07, 10:30 AM
RLW's Round 5 tips.

Mark Geyer
Paul Vautin
Peter Sterling
Paul Harragon
Matty Johns

Im sure they were the only people to tip against the Titans, the Titans done great last week but what are you going to do Diehard come down on everyone who tips against them, sounds like you are becoming a crazed fan who will only give the side a bad name.

DIEHARD
16-04-07, 12:15 PM
Im sure they were the only people to tip against the Titans, the Titans done great last week but what are you going to do Diehard come down on everyone who tips against them, sounds like you are becoming a crazed fan who will only give the side a bad name.

Yea I'm such a crazed fan. Chill out, the thread is only fun, it's sad you can't see that.

Steve
16-04-07, 12:27 PM
Shame on you, Diehard!
The last thing the Titans need is a bunch of one eyed, crazed fans!
I just don't know what you're thinking. ;)

patskE
16-04-07, 01:11 PM
man i dont know how we are underdogs by so much
most games we are at $3 n the otehr team at $1.20

bigjim
16-04-07, 01:53 PM

Yeh, careful Diehard, you might end up like one of the Administrators on that team forum just up the road.

Shavenjas, you are such a worry. But I forgive your attitude to others because I know you do follow the Broncos, and I have seen their general attitude and tendency to dwell on the negative and attack those with a different opinion to yourself, or fail to get the joke.

Just for the record, Diehard, you can add my name to the list of losers.

I tipped them last week to beat Penrith, but I'm sorry my head took control this week and I went for Broncos. Couldn't help myself. I think it must be a hangover from once being a Bronco supporter. Thankyou to the Broncos for effectively curing me of that affliction.

Neveragain will I loose the faith and tip against the Titans

Dakink
16-04-07, 02:22 PM
WOAH THERE DIEHARD!!!

We wouldnt want you to give the club a bad name but actually having passionate fans, rather than that bunch of overblown windbags that flow those sad old ponies....

Go you good thing..

shavenjas
16-04-07, 05:26 PM
WOAH THERE DIEHARD!!!

We wouldnt want you to give the club a bad name but actually having passionate fans, rather than that bunch of overblown windbags that flow those sad old ponies....

Go you good thing..

I think what Dakink meant was those sad old PREMIERS!!!!!!!!!!!! we only have to keep losing like this for another 20 years and we can change our name to St George, i will except ALL bets from any forum members that my favorite team does finish well ahead of my second favorite team the Titans. so who wants a piece of the action.

C-Whiz
16-04-07, 05:37 PM
Not that I consider myself an "Identity", but I have been tipping against the TITANS. But it's not that I don't have faith, it's one of those reverse pshycology things.... you know, I bet if I tip against them they'll win, sort of things.

Please don't hate me.......:)

C-Whiz
16-04-07, 05:45 PM
i will except ALL bets from any forum members that my favorite team does finish well ahead of my second favorite team the Titans. so who wants a piece of the action.

Firstly, please define "your favourite team", because some of those English soccer teams have a much higher points system than the NRL, and you strike me as the kind of guy who may just be a closet MAN-chester fan. :)

Secondly, and most importantly, please define "well ahead". That will show the forum whether you are really prepared to put your money where your mouth is!

And by the way Shav, the Broncos HAVE NEVER BEATEN THE TITANS!

ps, I still like your style! :)

DIEHARD
16-04-07, 06:00 PM
man i dont know how we are underdogs by so much
most games we are at $3 n the otehr team at $1.20

Yea, offers a good chance for a punt though.

Tamwelg
16-04-07, 09:20 PM
Yea, offers a good chance for a punt though.

If only I was a gambling man :D

hugebrianfan
16-04-07, 10:01 PM
Shame on you, Diehard!
The last thing the Titans need is a bunch of one eyed, crazed fans!
I just don't know what you're thinking. ;)

I dont think diehard is one of those crazed fans for the titans!! There is more than one for the titans out there! Theres nothing wrong with being a crazed fan, it shows ya have a lot of passion for your team! you think diehard is a crazed fan..man you should see me with the knights!! I can get a bit over the top sometimes, but people are like that!! I love the knights!! & hey yeah im one crazy carney fan! For those people who dont know me should see how i get about the irish fellow Brian Carney!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!! I bet your a crazed fan about something steve, you just dont know it yet..lol!

Cheers everyone:rotflmao:

Future Star
16-04-07, 11:15 PM
I dont think diehard is one of those crazed fans for the titans!! There is more than one for the titans out there! Theres nothing wrong with being a crazed fan, it shows ya have a lot of passion for your team! you think diehard is a crazed fan..man you should see me with the knights!! I can get a bit over the top sometimes, but people are like that!! I love the knights!! & hey yeah im one crazy carney fan! For those people who dont know me should see how i get about the irish fellow Brian Carney!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!! I bet your a crazed fan about something steve, you just dont know it yet..lol!

Cheers everyone:rotflmao:

Ima take a wild stab in the dark here and suggest that Steve was being sarcastic...

Steve
17-04-07, 01:02 PM
Ima take a wild stab in the dark here and suggest that Steve was being sarcastic...

Bingo. ;)
I had no voice for a week after the Panthers v Broncos game.
Only a few days for the Titans v Broncos, it wasn't as close. :D

DIEHARD
20-04-07, 01:55 AM
Wow 12 out of 13 tippers went against us in RLW. Our only ally was the tiny tipper.

In Big League everyone went against us except the cartoon... haha

So let me add some doubters...

Big League - Round 6
Laurie Daley
Ray Hadley

Rugby League Week - Round 6
Mark Geyer
Paul Vautin
Peter Sterling
Paul Harragon
Matty Johns

I think we can consider ourselves the underdog.

I think we are paying $4.25 as well!

Future Star
20-04-07, 10:15 AM
I think the doubters a right in this one... Manly have just been to strong so far...

Steve
20-04-07, 10:57 AM
I'd probably tip Manly in this too, but i've decided to stick with my teams in all tips.
First time ever I tipped against the Panthers, they flogged the Dogs.

Hrm... scratch that, I might just change my tips to Manly and the Storm. :D

Tamwelg
20-04-07, 11:03 AM
I think the doubters a right in this one... Manly have just been to strong so far...

Another Doubter

Gold Coast Titans Forum - Round 6

Future Star

hehehe :D

Rogers Magic
25-04-07, 11:10 AM
No matter what I will never tip against the Titans, no matter how bad they are playing. I support them and will back them all they way.

In saying that, if the Shav is still taking bets, put me down for $100. :) I'm positive they will bounce back this week and still finish ahead of the Bronco's come the final round. :)

DIEHARD
25-04-07, 11:16 AM
I think we have a great chance this weekend against Parramatta.

DIEHARD
02-05-07, 02:58 PM
Wow Daley tipped the Titans over Cowboys!

MONDAY
GOLD COAST v NORTH QUEENSLAND at Carrara Stadium (7pm AEST).
Laurie's tip: Titans
This one is shaping up as a great game. I'm really looking forward to seeing Johnathan Thurston and Preston Campbell going head-to-head. The Titans continue to play with confidence and are surprising everybody. Both sides are capable of scoring plenty of points, and in a close contest, I'm tipping the Titans with a big crowd behind them at Carrara Stadium.

C-Whiz
02-05-07, 04:41 PM
No matter what I will never tip against the Titans, no matter how bad they are playing. I support them and will back them all they way.

In saying that, if the Shav is still taking bets, put me down for $100. :) I'm positive they will bounce back this week and still finish ahead of the Bronco's come the final round. :)

Clearly Shav is not the sort of guy to put his money where his mouth is. But I guess it would take a whole lot of money to fill that gaping void! :)

bigjim
03-05-07, 01:23 PM
I didn't think the Titans could beat the Dogs or Manly due to size of their packs, and we didn't. Gave them a run for their money though.

Nevertheless, I consider the Cowboys a better team than those two above but I think this game is definately winnable for the mighty Titans.

Cowboys play a very open and fast game, similar to the Titans.

Should be a great game to watch.

DIEHARD
30-05-07, 11:37 PM
Laurie is on our side this weekend!

GOLD COAST TITANS v CANBERRA RAIDERS at Carrara Stadium (2pm AEST)

Laurie's tip: Titans

I thought the Titans were OK last weekend and they?ll only get better with the combination of Josh Lewis and Scotty Prince. I think Lewis helped take a bit of pressure off Scott Prince last weekend, he was able to play a first/second receiver-type game. And Prince, with his running game, was very effective. He?s got a good kicking game, Scotty Prince. And again, playing at Carrara Stadium they are always difficult to beat. Canberra have really proven to be a good young side this year, they have got a good kicking game which builds pressure, Dobson last weekend in that department was excellent. They?ve got a hard working forward pack, but tend to struggle away from home.

Social Loafer
30-05-07, 11:41 PM
Hate to burst your bubble, but Daley pretty much tips against us every week, its him being superstitious or something..

As for doubters, the Raiders doubters thread would stretch 100+ pages:laugh:

DIEHARD
30-05-07, 11:49 PM
As for doubters, the Raiders doubters thread would stretch 100+ pages:laugh:

Should start one on the GreenHouse!

Social Loafer
30-05-07, 11:58 PM
Should start one on the GreenHouse!

There's probably one somewhere, I'll try find it and bump it up, but it's probably turned into a Gus Gould bashing thread by now :laugh:

I think it would be easier to just list

Daily Telegraph
Channel 9 (minus Vossy and Matty)
Sydney Morning Herald
Courier Mail
Sunday Telegraph
Most of Fox Sports.