PDA

View Full Version : Round 5: Bulldogs Vs Manly Sea Eagles

Queenslander
11-04-07, 12:09 PM
Bulldogs Vs Manly Sea Eagles
Saturday 14th April, 7.30pm; Telstra Stadium

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx11939.jpg V http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx11944.jpg

Referee: Paul Simpkins

Team Notes:

Bulldogs

- Mark O'Meley returns from suspension at prop, Chris Armit goes from prop to the bench and Jarrad Hickey goes to Premier League.

- Hazem El Masri celebrates 250 games for the blue and white.

Sea Eagles

- Matt Orford and Steve Matai to have tests this week to confirm their playing ability against the Bulldogs.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx6616.gif

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Daryl Millard
4. Willie Tonga
5. Trent Cutler
6. Daniel Holdsworth
7. Ben Roberts
8. Mark O?Meley
9. Corey Hughes
10. Willie Mason
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
13. Reni Maitua

Interchange:

14. Dallas McIlwain
15. Nick Kouparitsas
16. Kane Cleal
17. Chris Armit

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx6622.gif

1 Brett Stewart
2 Michael Robertson
3 Steve Bell
4 Jamie Lyon
5 Chris Hicks
6 Travis Burns
7 Michael Monaghan
8 Jason King
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brent Kite (c)
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Glenn Stewart
13 Luke Williamson

Interchange

14 Clint Halden
15 Glenn Hall
16 George Rose
17 Mark Bryant

***Please use this thread for game day spoilers and general match information***

Future Star
11-04-07, 08:42 PM
I think bulldogs in a close one...

Clash of the round.

Go_The_Doggies
11-04-07, 09:56 PM
HAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Legend........deadset golden legend.

Hoppy2007Dragons
11-04-07, 09:57 PM
I'm picking manlt i really am liking the burns/monaghan combo at the moment, scary thought if orford comes back, manly should be even better.

Robbie_Dee
11-04-07, 10:03 PM
I think Bulldogs will thump them!! Dogs by 12+

Poida
12-04-07, 12:47 AM
12 and you say a thumping ? :p

Ill pick Dogs by 18. Their pack is on a devastating roll at the moment.
Manly only just overcame New Zealand

TITAN PETE
12-04-07, 11:12 PM
Eagles by 14
Best defence in the comp:) .

Steelers
13-04-07, 12:58 AM
I think Canterbury will get this one in a tight contest.

Capital_Shark
14-04-07, 09:21 PM
Tight contest indeed, final score 16 - 14 to Manly.

Bit disappointed in SBW, he needed to stand up in the last 15 minutes and pull off a run offload, or a big hit to get the Doggies off the back foot but instead went M.I.A.

Monaghan was a champ for the Eagles and unlike the bloke he's filling in for didn't disappear when the game was there to be won on the back of a good arm wrestle.

Throb
14-04-07, 09:52 PM
happy to see the dogs go down. Luke patton is a sook if there ever was one. The titans are above them on the ladder now, and manly will fall all the harder when we knock them off their perch (pun intended).

I know Scottie has some payback to give Manly after that last second win they had last season against the tigers.

Capital_Shark
14-04-07, 10:07 PM
Luke Patten isn't the only sook out Belmore way, did you see Chris Armit when he come on and dropped that ball? We almost saw tears but the camera pulled away to show the scrum packing.

TITAN PETE
14-04-07, 10:14 PM
As expected the best defensive team will beat anyone no matter how many times the media tells them how good they are :laugh: .

Titanium_BD1103
15-04-07, 08:38 AM
As expected the best defensive team will beat anyone no matter how many times the media tells them how good they are :laugh: .

Very true Titan Pete, but I must say both those team were defensively as good as each other last night... they both defended like top 4 contenders and gave it their all... I am proud of my teams defense last night.

It's on the other side of the ledger that I cringe. We were inept in attack, couldn't hold the ball, and spent an entire first half looking like stunned mullets... it's amazing Manly were just as inept and didn't put 20 on us in the first half.

In the end it was a case of the first half coming back to bite us in the second, we ran out of petrol late in the match and Michael Mongahan put on some brilliant play to get home.

I don't care what people say about us taking the 2 when we should have gone for 6, it's really just an excuse to cover up the issue... we weren't good enough with the ball in the first half and we had no 5th tackle options, you can't win games from there.

Message for next week to Steve Folkes: BRING BACK SHIFTY... kicked three 40/20 kicks in PL last night, was on fire and we need him back, DJ has way too much pressure on him without a steady halfback and Benny has lost confidence and needs to go back to PL as he's providing us with nothing.

As for the stars of the game, hate to say this to you Throb, but The General was one of the best on ground, as much as you have personal vendetta on him.... so I wouldn't be giving him the bad hand today, same goes for Willie M and Bobcat Ryan, with Hazem going solid in his 250th.

The rest, well it was a mixed bag, but one things is for sure, we need a player who can give us something on the 5th tackle against Parra, or they will carve us up, and the only player who can do that ATM is one Brent Sherwin.

TITAN PETE
15-04-07, 09:51 AM
I agree with you 100% about Sherwin he should be in the side every week no matter what the relationship with Folkes is :) .

SuperCliffy#01
16-04-07, 11:24 AM
Me i don't care really, whether it is by 100 points or just 1, for me a win is a win is a win, we are undefeated at the mo so i am very happy. One last thing Dicipline on and off the field is a winner take notice Bulldogs.cya.:)

Go_The_Doggies
16-04-07, 12:32 PM
Luke Patten isn't the only sook out Belmore way, did you see Chris Armit when he come on and dropped that ball? We almost saw tears but the camera pulled away to show the scrum packing.

My boys arnt sooks :p
But yeh LOL armpit was funny, I was like "OMG hes almost crying" ahh bless him <3

Bah we just made too many errors in the first half, and that costed us in the second, we're lucky it was only 16-14, not 26-14.