PDA

View Full Version : Round 5: Gold Coast Titans vs Brisbane Broncos @ Suncorp

DIEHARD
09-04-07, 01:22 PM
Gold Coast Titans Vs Brisbane Broncos
Friday 13th April, 7.30 pm; Suncorp Stadium

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpg v http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx11419.jpg

TICKETS -> http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANIND07&searchId=1278b04c-3c8b-47ec-aa3d-a174ecea8ae0

Referee:

Match Notes:

- Gold Coast teams have never won at Lang Park. (Five games, five losses.)
- Brisbane have lost 5 from their last 6 at Lang Park.
- The Titans have a superior defensive record over the first 4 rounds.
- Brisbane have lead at half time only once this year. (Roosters.)
- Gold Coast sit above Brisbane on the NRL table.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx15325.gif

1. Preston Campbell
2. Lelea Paea
3. Brett Delaney
4. Josh Graham
5. Jake Webster
6. Matthew Hilder
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Clint Amos
10. Michael Henderson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Luke Swain

Interchange

14. Kris Kahler
15. Brad Meyers
16. Gavin Cooper
17. Nathan Friend

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx6618.gif

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Steve Michaels
3. Tonie Carroll
4. Justin Hodges
5. Brent Tate
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Shane Perry
8. Dane Carlaw
9. Shaun Berrigan
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Brad Thorn
13. Greg Eastwood

Interchange

14. Nick Kenny
15. Ben Hannant
16. Ian Lacey
17. Mick Ennis
18. David Stagg

***Please use this thread for game day spoilers and general match information***

Queenslander
09-04-07, 02:48 PM
Finally a true local derby in Queensland.

Hopefully we can get over 45,000 for the game.

DIEHARD
09-04-07, 03:00 PM
Finally a true local derby in Queensland.

Hopefully we can get over 45,000 for the game.

I think so. Hopefully a sell out though.

It's good fortune that the Broncos have returned to form and the Coast are going well, actually we are above Brisbane on the table!

It is also great that we had to wait 5 rounds for this match, so we got a chance to find out groove.

Coaster
09-04-07, 04:23 PM
Should get to see a few Gold Coast Juniors playing as well.

Pity they will be in Broncos Jerseys.
Boyd
Micheals
Eastwood
ect

qld power
09-04-07, 05:20 PM
hope someone is going to get a forum pic taken at the game sure there was one ment to be taken at round `2 game

Steve
10-04-07, 10:01 AM
Definitely a good opportunity for a photo before the game.
I'm thinking a drink or two aswell!

Hindyscrack
10-04-07, 10:48 AM
Reported in this mornings media that over 25,000 pre sold. Hopefully with wins by both clubs this weekend, sales will double this week

Tamwelg
10-04-07, 12:40 PM
WOOT, I finally get back to QLD on Thursday, so this will be the first game I get to go to this year, not the last though :D. I'm hoping for a crowd over 50,000.

DIEHARD
10-04-07, 12:40 PM
Reported in this mornings media that over 25,000 pre sold. Hopefully with wins by both clubs this weekend, sales will double this week

Deadset. We are also drawing not only on Brisbane, but the Gold Coast. So all the better.

The clubs both coming off wins positions the clubs well for the big match.

We still have a lot of time and the fact that Easter would have taken peoples opportunity to buy tickets nd attention away.

I just hope that if by Friday morning we still have tickets available, they actively push for people to walk up. I feel last Brisbane v North Queensland game, we missed an opportunity.

The media build up should be huge this week. And both the Broncos and Titans last matches featured on free to air. I hope there was ads for tickets for the blockbuster.

Definitely a good opportunity for a photo before the game.
I'm thinking a drink or two aswell!

Yea we definitely have to. I suggest we exchange as many mobile numbers as we can in private message, to help zero in on each other.

patskE
10-04-07, 12:45 PM
"while fullback Richie Mathers has played just one game of Queensland Cup on his way back from knee surgery."
taken from news.com.au
that mean he played last week?
with walker,webster,peterson all in doubt
maybe he will be forced to play him?
moving campbell to 5/8 or something i dont know

Dakink
10-04-07, 12:52 PM
I cant wait!!

Counting my pennies for a tix now!

Tamwelg
10-04-07, 01:03 PM
"while fullback Richie Mathers has played just one game of Queensland Cup on his way back from knee surgery."
taken from news.com.au
that mean he played last week?
with walker,webster,peterson all in doubt
maybe he will be forced to play him?
moving campbell to 5/8 or something i dont know

I would like to see this happen, but unfortunately I don't thin they are going to move Campbell in a hurry. You'll probably find mathers on the wing if he gets a run.

It is nice to see Mathers back and I can't wait to see what he has to offer.

DIEHARD
10-04-07, 01:39 PM
Reports that 25k are sold as of yesterday.

Here is a latest peak at ticketek.

gold Alloc. Exhausted
steel Single seats only
blue Single seats only
blue unlic Single seats only
white Available
white unlic Available
away team supp blue Available
away team supp white Available
gold restrict view Alloc. Exhausted
steel restrict view Alloc. Exhausted
blue restrict view Alloc. Exhausted
white restrict view Alloc. Exhausted

I'm surprised that the AWAY (Broncos) supporter bays are free. I guess Brisbane fans aren't used to filling AWAY supporter bays, especially at their usual home ground.

Steve
10-04-07, 04:48 PM
Reports that 25k are sold as of yesterday.

Here is a latest peak at ticketek.

I'm surprised that the AWAY (Broncos) supporter bays are free. I guess Brisbane fans aren't used to filling AWAY supporter bays, especially at their usual home ground.

I dunno, there were plenty of Broncos supporters in the away bay at the Panthers game the other week!

Chelle79
11-04-07, 07:33 AM
Most bronco season ticket holders tried to get their normal seats or close enough for the game this friday night.

I'm keen to meet up for a drink before the game, i'm even leaving work early to get up there.

Sydney Titan
11-04-07, 11:38 AM
Unfortunately I am not making the trip for this game due to a prior commitment..

Steve
11-04-07, 12:02 PM
Looks like they've opened up some of the higher areas.
gold Alloc. Exhausted
steel Available
blue Available
white Available
white unlic Available
away team supp white Available

(I pulled up 723 and 517 for the steel and blue, still in the lower section for white)

So what time and where are people thinking of meeting for drinks beforehand?
I found a pub with half price drinks before the Panthers/Broncos game the other week, but that was way down on Charlotte street, i'm sure there's more, closer.
I'm guessing the Caxton, with their jersey friendliness on game day?
Do we have a sports bar in Brisbane since Adrenalin closed?

DIEHARD
11-04-07, 12:25 PM
I think we will make definite arrangements for a pre-match meet up and also after the match. I'll be there for both.

DeeGan
11-04-07, 03:07 PM
As it turns out, I can't make this game due to work commitments.

Fly the flag proud all those who attend.

Steel Dragon
11-04-07, 10:10 PM
I'd love to go, but I'll be looking after bub (Mum's doing a nursing prac). We took her to the Dragons game, I'm not so sure about a night game.

Jason

DIEHARD
11-04-07, 10:16 PM
Ticket update as of 10pm 11th of April.

Availability:
gold Alloc. Exhausted
steel Available
blue Single seats only
white Available
white unlic Limited seats only
away team supp white Single seats only
gold restrict view Alloc. Exhausted
steel restrict view Alloc. Exhausted
blue restrict view Alloc. Exhausted
white restrict view Alloc. Exhausted

Steve
11-04-07, 10:27 PM
Wow, they've gone fast today!
I think a sell out is very much a possibility!

DIEHARD
11-04-07, 10:42 PM
Hopefully Thursday's and Friday's paper will have some articles to get people even more excited. They are selling very nicely.

DIEHARD
12-04-07, 03:36 PM
OK gang. Time to work out meet ups.

I suggest a pre and post game meet up.

For post game. I suggest...

Meeting at the Wally Statue on the northern end of the ground after the game. Please make the effort to come because I want to have a group photo to remember the occasion. To make things easier, just exit north and we'll be there.

Pre match is a bit more difficult. Any suggestions? Somewhere with a bit of room that won't be too crowded.

Steve
12-04-07, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure. I was thinking some pre drinks would be good. I'll probably go straight into the city from work tomorrow, save going home then straight back in.
The Caxton is jersey friendly on game day, but it'll be packed to the rafters too.

DIEHARD
12-04-07, 05:11 PM
Yea. Depending on the curtain raisers, fans might wanna head in.

Will you be cool for an after game meet up? That'll be a good opportunity to make plans from there.

Steve
12-04-07, 05:32 PM
After the game is doable. I can't find a thing about any of the curtain raisers. :/

Queenslander
12-04-07, 05:37 PM
After the game is doable. I can't find a thing about any of the curtain raisers. :/

The curtain raiser is Burleigh Bears vs Aspley Broncos

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9369

For pre-game perhaps we could meet in what is the "Broncos Member Lounge" which is found in the Western grandstand on the lower tier. This should be open to the public, well it was for round one against the Dragons.

It is nice space to meet plus it is has its own drinks and food facilities.

Coaster
12-04-07, 05:37 PM
This is in another thread

Burleigh Bears vs Aspley Broncos
Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Date: Fri 13 Apr 2007
Game Time: 5:15pm

:beat me:

DIEHARD
12-04-07, 05:40 PM
Oh yea, for some reason I was looking at Sunday games. Hahaha! WTF.

That'll be a great game! Good v Evil!

I think the Broncos members bar would be a good idea for pre match drinks.

Although I'll need to confirm it being open to the public tomorrow morning.

Steve
12-04-07, 05:59 PM
Go Burleigh!
Sounds an easy spot to meet up. If for some reason it's not open to the public, we should be able to fall back to somewhere on Caxton St.

Ah, with a bit of forethought, we should have booked a table at Hogs Breath for before the game, steak, drinks and footy. :D

DIEHARD
12-04-07, 08:20 PM
Ah, with a bit of forethought, we should have booked a table at Hogs Breath for before the game, steak, drinks and footy. :D

Billiant idea! Maybe for the return clash.

Old Diehard
12-04-07, 09:44 PM

Enjoy the games ! I'll be at work unfortuanately! But I'll be thinking of you enviously as you get to see Burleigh flog Aspley & THE TITANS GIVE THE BRONCOS A PASTING!
CHEERS!

DIEHARD
12-04-07, 11:26 PM

Enjoy the games ! I'll be at work unfortuanately! But I'll be thinking of you enviously as you get to see Burleigh flog Aspley & THE TITANS GIVE THE BRONCOS A PASTING!
CHEERS!

Ah that's a shame, I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Maybe at the Parramatta or Cowboys match?

Old Diehard
13-04-07, 09:04 AM
Yeah - that would be good ...Particularly at the Cowboys game!

danielh
13-04-07, 11:24 AM
Just confirmed with suncorp that the Bronco's Supporters Bar is open to the public tonight so that would be a perfect spot for pre game drinks and meet ups. We'r going to upset a lot of bronco supporters for invading there bar hehe....

What do u think about the idea of putting up some type of legion sign where we can all gather and meet each other as oppose to been all spread out around the place, or have some identifier?

DIEHARD
13-04-07, 01:03 PM
Just confirmed with suncorp that the Bronco's Supporters Bar is open to the public tonight so that would be a perfect spot for pre game drinks and meet ups. We'r going to upset a lot of bronco supporters for invading there bar hehe....

What do u think about the idea of putting up some type of legion sign where we can all gather and meet each other as oppose to been all spread out around the place, or have some identifier?

Good stuff, we'll meet at the Broncos bar then, pre match.

I'll have my flag as an identifier, but in future we need a banner. I also have your number in my phone.

Titanium_BD1103
14-04-07, 09:42 AM
Can I just say one thing to all the GC fans at Suncorp last night...

YOU SHOULD ALL HOLD YOUR HEADS UP HIGH TODAY... YOU HAVE DONE YOUR CLUB AND IT'S FANS MIGHTY MIGHTY PROUD... :D :D

To see so many Gold Coast Titans hands, flags, jerseys, home made signs, t-shirts.... it was just amazing.

I don't think I have seen a game involving the Broncos at Suncorp have less Maroon and Yellow... it was a sea of Sky Blue out there, and it gave me a tear seeing it... it was simply awesome... :)

You all looked like you had a great time and well done for turning Suncorp into a Titanium fortress... as I said, hold your heads up high... I just wish I could have been there to do it with you, as it looked and sounded terrfic... :D :D

Steve
14-04-07, 01:14 PM
It was great to be there!
The atmosphere was awesome, and good to meet a few people from the forum too. May not have been on the coast, but we most definitely made it our home game.

danielh
14-04-07, 01:26 PM
Hey boys and girls i just wanna thank everyone for coming along. It was a great game, met up with a whole lot of people as well which was great to finally do.

I apologise if people tried to find us in the "members bar" for pre drinks as there was a bit of confusion as to where it acctually was.

In future we will work on making some banners and a few other things so we can identify each other (the legion). Here are the pictures from last nights after game meetup. Thank you to those who came along.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w227/dan801/Titans%20Round%205/IMG_0113.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w227/dan801/Titans%20Round%205/IMG_0112.jpg

Savannah
14-04-07, 04:24 PM
I missed the photo, but that's where I was, on the bloody phone trying to find out why Ryan wasn't there, haha.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/3847/meandlegionqy9.jpg

Was a great night, loved the atmosphere despite having a fair few Brissy supporters around me and was very impressed by the game itself. Good to put some faces to the names as well :)

travop
14-04-07, 05:52 PM
is there goin 2 be another group photo i was at the game last nite but i couldnt make it cause i had 2 be home early

Tamwelg
14-04-07, 09:15 PM
I wanted to join you guys for the photo, but both of my girls were very tired and struggled to stay awake for the game. I'm sure if the Titans didn't play so well they would have been out the whole time :D

Queenslander
15-04-07, 08:43 AM
What a great night!

As for those who missed out, there will still be plenty of photo ops coming up at future games on the Coast

qld power
15-04-07, 09:30 AM
I missed the photo, but that's where I was, on the bloody phone trying to find out why Ryan wasn't there, haha.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/3847/meandlegionqy9.jpg

Was a great night, loved the atmosphere despite having a fair few Brissy supporters around me and was very impressed by the game itself. Good to put some faces to the names as well :)

great pic i recognise steve diehard and dee can we have all the rest of the legion point out where they are in the pic lol

dannyboi
15-04-07, 10:57 PM
is there goin 2 be another group photo i was at the game last nite but i couldnt make it cause i had 2 be home early

Of course we will have photos at every game. Just keep an eye on the posts and otherwise private msg your mobile to one of us and we will stay in contact with you during game night.

qld power
18-04-07, 12:52 PM
come on ppls i wanna be able to put face to the names whos in that group pic besides the three i recognise

Steve
18-04-07, 01:08 PM
I'm not even sure who everyone is. I'm pretty sure there's more than forum members in shot.

Ok, Savannah is the cartoon girl ;), then me, Diehard's Broncos friend, not sure if he comes on. Dannyboi, Diehard, don't know who those two girls are, Dee13, Diehard's girlfriend, and Goatus on the end in the green.

Don't know who anyone in the front is.

Ryan
19-04-07, 12:13 AM

Sorry, but my BAC was extremely low and I had to make a dash to the pub to meet up with some family......
Mabey next time I'll join in for a group hug and family photo :)

dannyboi
19-04-07, 12:38 AM
Ok i will start this off. I've added names to those people i know names of for sure. If you know anyone else or are this person please download this image - place your name on it save and repost. (Diehard sorry man i forget ur girls name - so she'll be known as simply your missus from now on - lol kidding)

I'm having a guess that we probably never find out who most these people are as I sort of went around like a crazy drunken lunatic and huddled random people into the picture. I'v got a few others with other people in it as well. Let's see if we can fill the void - we'll start taking mug shots from the next home game. Infact i'll start a thread asking for mugshots so we can get to know people - there we go... problem solvered and i'm off to bed.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w227/dan801/Titan%20Pics/meandlegionqy9.jpg

dannyboi
19-04-07, 12:41 AM
This is the original picture we took of the Legion without random's. We should be able to find names for these guy's as they are all from the forums.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w227/dan801/Titans%20Round%205/IMG_0113-2.jpg

dannyboi
19-04-07, 12:45 AM
oh crap - sorry guy's the picture is a bit big and i think i stuffed the thread up by making it too big and long. it wont let me go back and change it - sowy

qld power
19-04-07, 01:53 PM
good job danny dee13 is next to diehards mrs and im pretty sure that the ppls in front are his gf and kids