PDA

View Full Version : Round 4: Penrith Panthers vs Gold Coast Titans @ CUA Stadium

DIEHARD
01-04-07, 04:36 PM
Penrith Panthers vs Gold Coast Titans
@ CUA Stadium. 2.00pm Sunday April 8 2007.

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans

1. Preston Campbell
2. Lelea Paea
3. Mat Rogers
4. Jake Webster
5. Matthew Petersen
6. Matthew Hilder
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Clint Amos
10. Kris Kahler
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Luke Swain

14. Josh Graham
15. Michael Henderson
16. Mark Minichiello
17. Nathan Friend
20. Brad Meyers

Coach: John Cartwright

Penrith Panthers

1. Rhys Wesser
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Luke Lewis
5. Luke Rooney
6. Peter Wallace
7. Craig Gower (c)
8. Joel Clinton
9. Luke Priddis
10. Frank Puletua
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Tony Puletua
13. Trent Waterhouse

Interchange
14 Junior Moors
15. Nathan Smith
16. Matthew Bell
17. Paul Aiton
18. Bryan Norrie

Coach: Matt Elliott

DeeGan
02-04-07, 07:51 AM
BringBackWillie - part of our Legion's Southern Arm and someone we will look at as the point of contact (;)) - has informed me:

Round 4 - Titans v Penrith Panthers - Easter Sunday, 8 April 2007 (3pm kickoff)

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/photos/penrith.gif

The Panthers website shows ticket prices are:
General Admission:
Advance Purchase - Adult $18; Concession $8; Family $40
Game Day Purchase - Adult $20; Concession $10; Family $44

DeeGan
02-04-07, 07:52 AM
Pre-game meeting

Well I will be down Penrith early Sunday morning and I am thinking for those coming we meet up at Panthers who are 24/7.

We will have profile pics on the Legion website so you will be able to seek me out unlike Suncorp! :laugh:

Steve
02-04-07, 08:04 AM
I think if you call the club you can order the tickets (02) 4720 5555. If it's not the number, they could direct you where to call, or transfer you through.
Then you can pick up the tickets on game day from the club foyer.

At least that's how it used to work, unfortunately haven't been down since 2004.

Was hoping to go to this game, but ended up being not doable. :/

The club is pretty huge, so I don't know if you have anywhere particular in mind to meet up. I'd suggest TC's. Kind of downstairs and towards the back, just past Hungry Jack's. It's away from the horrid noise of the pokies, and if there are any under 18s, I think they're allowed in/near there before a certain time.

DeeGan
02-04-07, 08:36 AM
Thanks Steve ;)

I have emailed the club re: ticketing allocation though I might give the Panthers a ring today.

Sydney Titan
02-04-07, 12:58 PM
BringBackWillie - part of our Legion's Southern Arm and someone we will look at as the point of contact (;)) - has informed me:

Round 4 - Titans v Penrith Panthers - Easter Sunday, 8 April 2007 (3pm kickoff)

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/photos/penrith.gif

The Panthers website shows ticket prices are:
General Admission:

Isn't the NRL doing any special prices for Season ticket holders this year.. They should also throw in a special interstate price. If you can make the effort to travel to an interstate match you should get a ticket for a good price (giving the game is not a sellout etc), it would not of made much of a difference giving lets just say 5 to 10 interstate people a discount on a GA ticket yesterday

DIEHARD
02-04-07, 01:01 PM
Ok so I'll have to ring up and order a GA ticket.

They really should just use ticketek...

Steve
02-04-07, 01:13 PM

Isn't the NRL doing any special prices for Season ticket holders this year.. They should also throw in a special interstate price. If you can make the effort to travel to an interstate match you should get a ticket for a good price (giving the game is not a sellout etc), it would not of made much of a difference giving lets just say 5 to 10 interstate people a discount on a GA ticket yesterday

I thought the special prices for season ticket holders was just the Sydney clubs. I think that was worked out through the actual clubs, not the NRL.

For finals games at Penrith it's through ticketek.
No idea why they don't use ticketek, But on the upside, you miss out on the ridiculous booking fee ticketek charge.

BringBackWillie
02-04-07, 09:49 PM
OK, I got an email back from the Panthers and here's the deal with tickets - they don't have a relationship with Ticketek and so the only way you can get advance tickets is over the phone or at the reception of Panthers World of Entertainment. The toll free number for phone sales is 1 800 061 991.

I'm assuming that if we are meeting early as DeeGan suggests at Panthers World of Entertainment, we can just buy tickets there and it'll be cheaper than getting it at the gates.

Hope we can get a good number of Southern Legionaires there on Sunday!

BringBackWillie
02-04-07, 09:57 PM
PS - if anyone can bring a couple more poles, we could do with them for the other banner

DIEHARD
02-04-07, 10:11 PM
Hope we can get a good number of Southern Legionaires there on Sunday!

You already had a pretty decent turn last weekend. We'll get some new recruits this round, we just need to let people know who and where we are. It's about visibility. I'm working on the site, what we might start doing once it is done, is give out small cards with the address on it to other Coast fans we come across at away games, to give them a means to keep tabs on us and inform them.

Thanks for the info. I'm also waiting on an email back from the Panthers re: flag and banner restrictions, because I want to bring in my flag.

I'm sure we will get some fans off the forum who are in Sydney down there.

BringBackWillie
02-04-07, 11:59 PM
From past experience, we've never had dramas with bringing in large flags:)

DeeGan
03-04-07, 09:23 AM
I'm assuming that if we are meeting early as DeeGan suggests at Panthers World of Entertainment, we can just buy tickets there and it'll be cheaper than getting it at the gates.

So I am clear - your suggesting we can purchase tickets on Sunday morning before heading over at Panthers World of Entertainment with little fear of being sold out?

Steve
03-04-07, 10:05 AM
I'm guessing if it's going to sell out, it'd be at the gate. This game might draw some extra crowd with the return of Campbell, Swain and Cartwright to Penrith.
Personally I like to call up and buy my tickets over the phone. If i'm travelling a long way to be at the game, I like to be totally sure I'll be at it!

And i've seen plenty of big flags at Penrith, the dragons fans often have a big section of the hill with large flags and such.

Titanium_BD1103
03-04-07, 08:51 PM
So I am clear - your suggesting we can purchase tickets on Sunday morning before heading over at Panthers World of Entertainment with little fear of being sold out?

You will have to get there around 11am to ensure you can all sit in the same area... it's one of the worst things about Penrith Stadium, the fact that you can't get tickets through ticketek.

I am sure though if you get in early enough on Sunday you will be fine, don't think they'll be that many at the game.. :)

Social Loafer
03-04-07, 11:04 PM
Need some Penrith Chants people..

Gower

"off to the golf course,
Have 10 pints get totally plastered
then head off to a nudie run
you dirty Westy B@stard"

BringBackWillie
03-04-07, 11:07 PM
How likely is it that Panthers games get sold out?

DeeGan
03-04-07, 11:14 PM
How likely is it that Panthers games get sold out?

Very.

Monday public holiday keep in mind ... the club has yet to respond to ticketing e-mail I have sent.

DeeGan
04-04-07, 11:15 AM
Our Southern Legion member BringBackWillie has e-mailed me the following for those interested in coming on Sunday.

I'd spoken to the Panthers and at this stage there are plenty fo tickets still available. However, to be sure, you can pay via credit card for a ticket by calling 1800 061 991 and collecting tickets at Panthers World of Sports on the day.

Gates open 11am. Doubt there will be too many people there at that time.

Let's all meet outside Panthers World of Sports at 12 to collect tickets etc and decide whether to go into the grounds to bar spots or to have something to eat before heading over.

Well the plan is to meet up so 12pm it will be.

The guys need our help in supporting them this week - I hope we can get 50+ there this weekend!

Steve
04-04-07, 11:48 AM
If you're planning on gathering on the hill or somewhere, i'd suggest having a few volunteers willing to go in and camp out a spot. Everyone else can grab a feed in the bistro or a few drinks at the bar then wander over when ready.

You get fair numbers watching the lower grades, especially in the GA section, people grabbing the best spots.

DIEHARD
04-04-07, 01:02 PM
Some additional information for fans.

The outline for flags is pretty simply here in Penrith.
Any flag of standard size can be admitted into the grandstand.
All other banners and large flags are permitted but must be restricted to the rear of the hill areas with consideration for others.

Three cheers for Penrith with their brilliantly simple and inclusive policy, in a sad age when attending a football match is becoming a more and more sterile event.

It's win win for fans. And it suits The Legion perfectly.

I'm very excited that I will get to take my flag to Sydney. Just need to get it on the plane now!

Sydney Titan
04-04-07, 02:30 PM
Very.

Monday public holiday keep in mind ... the club has yet to respond to ticketing e-mail I have sent.

I know there might be a chance of this but with public holiday monday and school holidays starting I think more people will be out of town I would predict a 12-14,000 crowd which should be comfortable.. Hopefully will see you guys out there I just don't know where my mate has got tickets.. Being a Titans fan in Sydney all my mates have lined me up to go to all the games for the teams they follow.. Will try to get to Leagues Club before the game.. It would take you shorter time for you to fly to Sydney than what it will take me to get to the game..

DIEHARD
04-04-07, 03:39 PM
I have a clear schedule (For a change.) on Sunday. So I will get there early to gt a ticket.

Does anyone have a list of curtain raisers we could enjoy?

Also I am just polishing the Legion website and I am doing an info page about the Penrith v Titans game. I'm after transport details, how to get there for everyone. I can also use this info myself, as I will be staying in the CBD.

Your help will be most appreciated! Hope to see a heap of you there on Sunday, don't be shy! Even if you have seats in another area, come over before, at half time or after the match and say hello. You don't technically have to sit with us to be part of the Legion, but it helps!

Steve
04-04-07, 04:55 PM
I have a clear schedule (For a change.) on Sunday. So I will get there early to gt a ticket.

Does anyone have a list of curtain raisers we could enjoy?

11.00am - Gates open
11.15am - Jersey Flegg: Panthers V Tigers
12.45pm - Premier League: Panthers V Magpies
02.30pm - Players warm up on field. David Aston performs Panthers 'Battle Song'. Welcome from Scott McRae, CUA Brand Blaster, Season Ticket Draw, Panthers Cheersquad, player profiles.
03.00pm - First Grade: Panthers V Titans
03.40pm - Half time
03.50pm - Second half begins
04.30pm - Finish (subject to stoppages, injury time)

DIEHARD
04-04-07, 05:07 PM
Thanks Steve, you may be a Penny supporter for Round 4, but you still are a champ!

Sydney Titan
04-04-07, 05:25 PM
If your staying in the CBD my guess would be the train would be best option from Central Station or any of the city stations should be ok(never caught a train to Penrith). Just having a stab in the dark the train trip would be anywhere between 40-60 minutes but an express might take 30-35 if your lucky on a Sunday.. Thats the best I can give you but its better than nothing.. Don't rely on these times but you should be ok if your leaving around 10.30am for a 12 midday meeting.. Also I can't help you on where Penrith station is in relation to CUA Stadium. If it's in the main part of Penrith it's either a short walk or bus ride not that far. Can some Penrith Locals help on this topic

Titanium_BD1103
04-04-07, 07:26 PM
Hey all

Ok as I PM'd DIEHARD and DeeGan about yesterday, a mate of mine works at the Stadium and will be there on Sunday running the Eastern half of the ground, so say the Titans fans say hi... :D

Here are the details he gave to me for you to all look at... they might be rather helpful...:)

Tickets are available from Panthers Leagues prior to game day (until Saturday night) in person with a saving of $2.

2007 TICKET PRICING

General Admission:

Reserved Terraces:
Advance Purchase - Adult $22; Concession $12; Family $58
Game Day Purchase - Adult $24; Concession $14; Family $62

Reserved Grandstands:
Advance Purchase - Adult $30; Concession $20; Family $72
Game Day Purchase - Adult $32; Concession $22; Family $77

On Game day, CUA Stadium will open at 11:00am. As the Stadium holds 22000, and keeping in mind 16500 turned up for the match against the Bulldogs, it is best to pick up Reserved seats from the Western gate box office prior to 12:30 for a large group to ensure sitting together. But most perople roll into the ground from 1:30pm onwards...

Alternatively, the Hill areas offer good views on first in basis.

For further information:
http://www.panthers.com.au/default.aspx?id=193

BringBackWillie
04-04-07, 07:30 PM
My plans are to drive from Strathfield Station or train it from there. If you want a lift or to meet up on the way there, PM me Diehard

Hoppy2007Dragons
04-04-07, 08:49 PM
It would be good to have money to travel down for this game, i reckon it wil be a cracker, although i'm tipping penrith by 4.

I am looking with massive anticipation how brad myers goes, he was a very tough forward for brisbane and i hope he can continue that for the titans.

Titanium_BD1103
08-04-07, 06:35 PM
Great to see the Legion out in force again... and congratulations to DIEHARD and the guy I met last week named Matt who got themselves on the TV.... in particular Matt who looked pretty excited after one Titans try... :)

You all looked great and did the team proud... well done and hopefully the Southern Legion can continue to grow in future games and be a force to reckon with for the Titans when they play away from home... :D :D

DeeGan
08-04-07, 06:52 PM
We were there - what a great win!

I am absolutely stuffed, I will post more tomorrow on my Legion blog and on the forum :D

Tamwelg
08-04-07, 07:05 PM
Great to see the Legion out in force again... and congratulations to DIEHARD and the guy I met last week named Matt who got themselves on the TV.... in particular Matt who looked pretty excited after one Titans try... :)

You all looked great and did the team proud... well done and hopefully the Southern Legion can continue to grow in future games and be a force to reckon with for the Titans when they play away from home... :D :D

Yes it did look good to see a group of Titans colours in opposition territory and I saw Diehard twice on T.V. nice one :D

DeeGan
08-04-07, 07:43 PM
As per post in the game thread, I was able to have Jason Sintome organise to have Michael (Searle) and Paul (Broughton) come down to meet those with The Legion - I speak for all in saying it was a highlight of the day to go with the win ;)

sargent
12-04-07, 03:44 PM
was good last sunday nice to meet you all