PDA

View Full Version : Who should captain the Kangaroos?

DIEHARD
08-11-05, 08:55 PM
With Kangaroos captain Darren Lockyer out of the tournament, who should take over captaincy?

(Against Great Britain and Ireland and the Final.)

PARANoIR
08-11-05, 09:09 PM
I think it should be Steve Price or Trent Barrett...but I dare say it will be Danny Buderus.

Teegy
08-11-05, 09:12 PM
Pricey would be a good choice and i also think Barrett deserves it to. pick someone who captains at club level IMO

DIEHARD
08-11-05, 09:29 PM
You can't go past Buderus, being Blues captain.

If Buderus was captain and got injured and Lockyer, as Queensland captain was overlooked, I would be dead set furious.

PARANoIR
08-11-05, 09:32 PM
Buderus was only the Blues captain because Johns was injured..and you know it.

Question: If Johns is out injured, and Steve Price is eligable for NSW..who is your captain, Buderus or Price?

DIEHARD
08-11-05, 09:47 PM
Buderus was only the Blues captain because Johns was injured..and you know it.

Question: If Johns is out injured, and Steve Price is eligable for NSW..who is your captain, Buderus or Price?

Johns returned and Buderus continued to be Blues captain.

Honestly I'd prefer Price as captain but I can not see the ARL overlooking the fact that Buderus is the New South Wales captain.

Price without a shadow of a doubt, but when it comes to the national team, the Kangaroos, unfortunately political aspects come into the equation.

Super Cronk
08-11-05, 09:58 PM
i chose price...but then afterwards thought maybe buderus would do a better job. I think its between buderus and price..im happy with ethier.

DIEHARD
08-11-05, 10:19 PM
i chose price...but then afterwards thought maybe buderus would do a better job. I think its between buderus and price..im happy with ethier.

Should be interesting to sit back and see how it pans out...

Super Cronk
08-11-05, 10:24 PM
Should be interesting to sit back and see how it pans out...

Im actually swaying towards buderus now that i think about it. He is on the field longer then prince...and is a player that can really spark the aussie team.

*rubs out vote for prince*

DeeGan
08-11-05, 10:56 PM
Steve Price barring no one is the best captain in the NRL though he will not be appointed ahead of NSW captain Danny Buderus.

DeeGan

Dakink
09-11-05, 08:06 AM
On sunrise this morning - Bennett is looking to name Gower as captain and 5\8 with Barrett also 50\50 of playing.

DeeGan
09-11-05, 08:31 AM
Is the above for the France game only?

I cannot imagine Craig Gower being appointed captain ahead of Danny Buderus.

DeeGan

Teegy
09-11-05, 08:39 AM
Sports Tonight last Night that Buderus has already been named captain.

Queenslander
09-11-05, 09:21 AM
Sports Tonight last Night that Buderus has already been named captain.

He better not be, i want Steve Price he would be the best chance out of all of them.

DeeGan
09-11-05, 09:26 AM
As good as a captain as Price is, you cannot IMO seriously think he is going to surplant Buderus with Lockyer out.

DeeGan

Queenslander
09-11-05, 09:29 AM
As good as a captain as Price is, you cannot IMO seriously think he is going to surplant Buderus with Lockyer out.

DeeGan

Yeah i accept that Buderus is going to get it, its a shame.....IMO Price is a the slient champion of the NRL he does so much, i have always felt sorry for him having to captain the bulldogs during all the "dramas" a great man like him didnt deserve to go through that.

ridgey
09-11-05, 06:40 PM
when the sqaud was picked lockyer was captain buderus vice captain so it's not rocket science guys to see who would captain the roos if lockyer got injured.
gower is in charge for the french game only.

PARANoIR
09-11-05, 07:15 PM
Johns returned and Buderus continued to be Blues captain.

YEs but only coz Johns said he didn't want it, and had Johns been eligable for game one, it may have been a different story. Infact im sure it would have been

Steelers
09-11-05, 07:49 PM
Infact im sure it would have been

So am I. Buderus is VC for the Knights, so in normal circumstances, Johns would be the captain over Buderus.

DIEHARD
09-11-05, 10:01 PM
Buderus Captain, Wing In

The Australian Rugby League Board has today formally announced that Newcastle Hooker Danny Buderus will assume the role of Test Captain in the absence of Darren Lockyer.

Lockyer is unable to play again during the tour after suffering a broken bone in his foot yesterday.

Buderus has captained Australia in two previous tests, both against Great Britain in last year's Tri Series.

He has also captained NSW to two State of Origin Series victories.

The injuries to Lockyer and Nathan Hindmarsh have led to the ARL selectors calling Craig Wing into the Tri Nations squad for the remainder of the tournament

Source: ARL

Sharks
13-11-05, 02:03 PM
Buderus has maturity,leadership skills and plays with his heart and Gower has none of the above.

Go_The_Doggies
13-11-05, 02:07 PM
Steve Price, hes an insperation person :emp: