PDA

View Full Version : Round 3: Canterbury Bulldogs Bulldogs vs Gold Coast Titans @ Telstra Stadium

DeeGan
26-03-07, 11:39 PM
NRL RD 3: Bulldogs vs Titans @ Telstra Stadium
Sunday 1st April 2007, 2:00pm

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANGC07&searchId=c8974d6c-2101-4fb0-a8d4-baf3731cb49b

DeeGan
26-03-07, 11:40 PM
I will be there - where are all the southern Gold Coast Titans fans?

Let us know if you will be there this weekend at Telstra Stadium.

A passionate Titans from Sydney suggests sections 102 and 103 in the GA section - so if you're coming down or travelling to the game, that's looking like the spot for us!

DIEHARD
27-03-07, 12:35 AM
Are these dedicated away bays?

I can't make it to this game, but I will be at the Penrith/Titans game.

Come on guys, where is the Southern Legion?

Titanium_BD1103
27-03-07, 12:42 AM
I will be there - where are all the southern Gold Coast Titans fans?

Let us know if you will be there this weekend at Telstra Stadium.

A passionate Titans from Sydney suggests sections 102 and 103 in the GA section - so if you're coming down or travelling to the game, that's looking like the spot for us!

Spot on, yep they are the visitors section of Telstra Stadium.

Give me a row number DeeGan and I will get a ticket ASAP. I wouldn't miss our first home game and I wouldn't miss a chance to get to meet all the Sydney and GC travelling Titans fans... if I can't get a ticket in 102,103, I will get one in 146 and sit beside you all... :)

For those who are going, here are some details... :D :D

A map of the seating arrangements at Telstra for this Sunday's game.

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/4783/sfx16000ev9.gif

Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs v Gold Coast Titans (Rd 3)

Event Date:
Sunday, 1 April 2007

10:45am - Box Offices Open
11:15am - Gates Open
11:30am - Premier League Kick off - Bulldogs v Auckland Lions
2:00pm - Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs v Gold Coast Titans
3:40pm- Main Game Full Time

Please note the following items are not permitted in Telstra Stadium on Gameday...

Restricted / Prohibited Items

The following restricted / prohibited items are not permitted into Telstra Stadium:

* Glass or cans;
Alcoholic beverages;unless bought in the stadium
Flares / Fireworks;
Laser pointers;
Knives or other dangerous weapons;
Cameras and Recording devices (for commercial purposes) including tripods;
Metal flag poles, extendable flag poles and / or flag poles of more than 1.4 metres in length.
Oversized banners and flags which are deemed to cause public nuisance. Specific conditions may apply for some events regarding the entry of flagpoles, flags, and banners.
Whistles, hooters and horns. Specific conditions may apply for some events regarding the entry of musical instruments including drums.
Confetti or shredded paper;
Scooters, roller skates, skateboards and push bikes;
Not to wear or otherwise display commercial, political or other offensive signage or logos.
Eskies and bags of larger dimensions than 35cm in height, 20cm in width and 30cm in length (ie too large to be stored under a seat).

http://www.telstrastadium.com.au/upload/image/image_2004181149353563.jpg

* Other items as determined by Telstra Stadium management, that may cause injury or public nuisance.

P.S. DeeGan, the link in the first page doesn't seem to work for me... try this one instead:

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=BULLGAME07

Titanium_BD1103
27-03-07, 01:02 AM
Are these dedicated away bays?

I can't make it to this game, but I will be at the Penrith/Titans game.

Come on guys, where is the Southern Legion?

That's a shame DIEHARD... but I will most probably see you at the Penrith vs Titans game.. I now have 2 GC friends and a bunch of Penrith fans... so we will most probably head out to the foot of the mountains to watch the Panthers against the Titans... and it will be my first match as a Titans supporter... can't wait for that... :)

Capital_Shark
27-03-07, 01:26 AM
Might be a little off topic, but you'd better make the round 13 clash in Canberra DIEHARD. We've been waiting YEARS to catch up for a beer!

patskE
27-03-07, 02:59 AM
i be there
n tbh just buy a general admission ticket no one cares were ppl seat really
dont have to sit in ur ticket number aye, if theres a big group of us who will move us?
going with a few m8s, some bulldog fans so i might make my way over n sit for a bit

patskE
27-03-07, 03:08 AM
143-141 is were the dragon army sits normally when i go with my m8s to see em
behind the goal post
yeh but bascailly boys n girls, jsut buy a tkt n just meet up, they wont move us, wont be sold out so be alot of available seats

patskE
27-03-07, 03:38 AM
soz for triple post
jsut chekcing stuff up
on tickettek there a options for titan supporters, is that the allocated seating for the fans?

DeeGan
27-03-07, 08:47 AM
TitanimumBD - it won't matter, it is GA.

I will be there early so I will sit with the majority of the Titans fans.

There is a lovely young Titans fan down your way who is really keen to get the Southern side of the Legion running so I will be endeavouring to sit with her and her crew.

Looking forward to catching up with you all.

DIEHARD
27-03-07, 11:38 AM
Might be a little off topic, but you'd better make the round 13 clash in Canberra DIEHARD. We've been waiting YEARS to catch up for a beer!

I'll mark it in my diary. It's been years overdue!

Titanium_BD1103
27-03-07, 01:07 PM
TitanimumBD - it won't matter, it is GA.

I will be there early so I will sit with the majority of the Titans fans.

There is a lovely young Titans fan down your way who is really keen to get the Southern side of the Legion running so I will be endeavouring to sit with her and her crew.

Looking forward to catching up with you all.

Hi all

Can we get a check with the club to make sure it's GA... only reason is because the whole of last year we have had reserved Category seating due to the issues with Crowd behaviour that occured a few years back.

If it's GA then sweet, if not then it will be reserved category seating like usual where you pay the same price as GA, but the seats are allocated and staff will tell you to move if you are in someone elses seat... :(

Yes but anyway I will get a ticket in either 102-104 or in 146, I'll do it either this evening or tomorrow night. Can't wait to meet you all... and to see the Legion first hand... I know it will be great...:)

Social Loafer
27-03-07, 06:33 PM
I'll mark it in my diary. It's been years overdue!

You haven't lived until you have drunk beer in outdoors in the Canberra Winter, the good part is you don't even need the esky at Night time, unless it's too cold and you need it to make sure it doesn't freeze.

p.s- Hope the legion has plenty of Dog Chants lined up, especially for that ass clown Mason.

Titanium_BD1103
27-03-07, 09:10 PM
Hi all

Well I asked at Aaron from the Bulldogs and the Kennel who told me there is no GA. I phoned Maria today at the Bulldogs (she is super nice) and she informed that it is same seating arrangement as last year.

This means that there is no GA from the Bulldogs side of things... instead as always we have Reserved Category seating.. where the price is the same as GA, but you are allocated a seat and unless there are spare seats around you, you are stuck in that seat. If staff see you sitting in a seat that is ticketed to someone else, they will kindly ask you to move, and they are pretty vigilant on that front.

Can someone check on the Titans end though that the ticketing system is the same.. as that may only be for Bulldogs supporters, I've never been to Telstra and sat near or in the away area before.

BringBackWillie
27-03-07, 09:46 PM
Hey guys from previous experience whilst some sites advertise it is GA and some say its reserved, it doesn't really matter. It's unlikley there will be a sell out at Telstra. section 102 and 103 is the best place to congregate at.

Look out for the "Enter the Titans" banner and the big "T" banner

Can't wait for Sunday

Looking forward to meeting all the Southern Legions then!

Social Loafer
27-03-07, 09:54 PM
Yep, I went to the Raiders-Dogs Final at Telstra last year, and a big group of us just converged in one area, despite most of us having tickets for random parts of the ground, all you need to do is enter your allocated gate, then you can roam around..

If there is a massive group of you there (and your not taking up anyones allocated spot) I doubt they will go around and check everyones tickets..
When your away from home you need as many of the away fans as close together as possible, otherwise you will barely be heard/noticed.. Especially at a ground like telstra..

Titanium_BD1103
27-03-07, 09:58 PM
Thanks all for the info... see I've only ever been a home fan at Telstra, either a Bulldogs one or a Souths one.. yes I've supported South Sydney before.. :)

I remember one game last year we roamed around and sat where we wanted, but every other game I think it was big matches and the area we were in was pretty packed.. so even when it was me and the Bulldogs fans, it was allocated seating.

If that's the case though, then I'll just get a ticket for 104-102 or if not able to then 146 and if the area around the Legion is free, I'll come grab a seat and meet all the Southern Legion fans... :)

Sounds like it's going to be a great day Sunday, I can't wait... :D :D

Social Loafer
27-03-07, 10:01 PM
I should point out that the match I attended was played in atrocious conditions in front of about 14,000 fans... Still it looked awesome to have over 100 Raiders fans all together.. I'll have to search for screenshots, we dominated that place for a good portion of the match!

DeeGan
27-03-07, 10:04 PM
Hey guys from previous experience whilst some sites advertise it is GA and some say its reserved, it doesn't really matter. It's unlikley there will be a sell out at Telstra. section 102 and 103 is the best place to congregate at.

Look out for the "Enter the Titans" banner and the big "T" banner

Can't wait for Sunday

Looking forward to meeting all the Southern Legions then!

See you there Willie ;)

Social Loafer
27-03-07, 10:13 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/Bay56/2006%20Finals/ZZstart03.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/Bay56/2006%20Finals/ZZstart04.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/Bay56/2006%20Finals/ZZstart03.jpg

YAY WE SCORED- LAST TRY WINS

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/Bay56/2006%20Finals/ZZend02.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/Bay56/2006%20Finals/ZZtry01.jpg

Titans colour is a bright one, so in a big group it will stand out.

Social Loafer
27-03-07, 10:14 PM
See you there Willie ;)

I expect a full review of the away day events on my desk by Tuesday.

Titanium_BD1103
27-03-07, 10:16 PM
I was about to say, you didn't win that match... we did... :)

Nice work though with the crowd... that was during that match when it poured rain... I don't think staff cared where anyone sat on that day.. :p

Very nice work though to get so many of the Green Machine brigade up to Sydney, lets hope the Legion looks just as good on Sunday.

BringBackWillie
27-03-07, 10:34 PM
Hopefully, we can get a good gathering on the day. I know there will be a number of Broncos/Cowboys/Storm supporters coming out to support the team :)

It'd be great if we can all sit together for it - safety in numbers against the Doggy supporters.

Social Loafer
27-03-07, 10:36 PM
Hopefully, we can get a good gathering on the day. I know there will be a number of Broncos/Cowboys/Storm supporters coming out to support the team :)

It'd be great if we can all sit together for it - safety in numbers against the Doggy supporters.

Yep, the bigger the group the more you can pay out the dogs with no consequences...
Anyway we had little trouble at all with Dogs fans, despite our controversial chants....

Titanium_BD1103
27-03-07, 10:39 PM
Yep, the bigger the group the more you can pay out the dogs with no consequences...
Anyway we had little trouble at all with Dogs fans, despite our controversial chants....

No one ever does... as fans we are some of the best in the league, unfortunately there was a time when louts use to come who had no interest in the football and ruin it for the rest of us... :(

The Bulldogs home games on Sundays are always a family affair and you will find that it's much like being at a carnival minus the ferris wheel.. everyone gets along really well and it's a great day out... :D :D

Oh and don't worry, I won't mind you paying out the Bulldogs if I sit there, it's what you get for going into enemy territory, but I will be cheering for the blue and white regardless... I might be a Titans fan, but the blood is still blue and white all the way... ;)

BringBackWillie
27-03-07, 10:40 PM

The Broncos Stable had a bit of drama with the Dogs fans last year. Not provoked but I think the shocking 30-0 form return of the Broncos somewhat shocked the Dogs fans and drove them to get a bit narky :)

Social Loafer
27-03-07, 10:42 PM
I was about to say, you didn't win that match... we did... :)

Nice work though with the crowd... that was during that match when it poured rain... I don't think staff cared where anyone sat on that day.. :p

Very nice work though to get so many of the Green Machine brigade up to Sydney, lets hope the Legion looks just as good on Sunday.

Since you will be sitting near the legion, would you like some stuff to take the piss out of the Titans and certain players :P?

BringBackWillie
27-03-07, 10:43 PM
No one ever does... as fans we are some of the best in the league, unfortunately there was a time when louts use to come who had no interest in the football and ruin it for the rest of us... :(

The Bulldogs home games on Sundays are always a family affair and you will find that it's much like being at a carnival minus the ferris wheel.. everyone gets along really well and it's a great day out... :D :D

Oh and don't worry, I won't mind you paying out the Bulldogs if I sit there, it's what you get for going into enemy territory, but I will be cheering for the blue and white regardless... I might be a Titans fan, but the blood is still blue and white all the way... ;)

Support what you said Titanium. Generally, Bulldogs fans are fine. There are just some so called Dogs fans who seem to ruin it all. Look forward to meetin you

Titanium_BD1103
27-03-07, 10:45 PM
Support what you said Titanium. Generally, Bulldogs fans are fine. There are just some so called Dogs fans who seem to ruin it all. Look forward to meetin you

Look forward to meeting you as well, along with all the other Legion fans... I will be trying to get to as many games for the Legion in Sydney as is possible in my busy schedule, so getting to know you all is a must... and something I am looking forward to as much as the game... :)

DIEHARD
27-03-07, 11:01 PM
God I have got that terrible feeling in my veins....

I am contemplating a road trip... I'd love to meet up with our Southern Legion!

I don't want to miss the fun.

DeeGan
30-03-07, 08:45 AM
The section we are sitting in - will we be in the sun for the afternoon?

Being on the Eastern side I am assuming as much though the shape of the stadium I was hoping may save us :D

Social Loafer
30-03-07, 10:22 AM
The section we are sitting in - will we be in the sun for the afternoon?

Being on the Eastern side I am assuming as much though the shape of the stadium I was hoping may save us :D

If it rains you'll all be saved ;)

DeeGan
30-03-07, 11:16 AM
If it rains you'll all be saved ;)

Nice one ... sun cream is a must.

Thanks mate ;)

BringBackWillie
30-03-07, 04:32 PM
Sun cream is a standard issue for the Gold Coast right ? :)

Yes, it'll be in the sun but I believe the forecast is for clouds on Sunday. Being in the Visitors supporters bay generally allows more Titans supporters to sit together as opposed to being scattered amongst Dogs fans.

TITAN FOREVER
30-03-07, 05:46 PM
Yes I am going hope to see ya there. I will look out for you all.

Go the Titans:)

Titanium_BD1103
30-03-07, 10:40 PM
I'll definitely be there now... I got my ticket last night to Section 104 and I will be the one cheering for the Bulldogs in the Titans area.... :p

Yes bring sunscreen, they say there is a chance of inclement weather, but mainly sunny.. and in the morning that side of the stadium is bathed in sunshine, but by afternoon the shade covers it... :)

Social Loafer
30-03-07, 11:47 PM
I'll definitely be there now... I got my ticket last night to Section 104 and I will be the one cheering for the Bulldogs in the Titans area.... :p

haha, you'll be right in the firing line.

Where about is the "famous" dogs army :P ? Couldn't recall where they were when I went to telstra as the rain meant most people scrambled for covered seating.

Titanium_BD1103
30-03-07, 11:57 PM
haha, you'll be right in the firing line.

Where about is the "famous" dogs army :P ? Couldn't recall where they were when I went to telstra as the rain meant most people scrambled for covered seating.

No longer called that Schifty and you know it... :p

Called The Kennel now and based in bays/sections 116-112. Small but loyal group who are looking to build up their membership over the coming year.

The old stalwarts however, including myself have moved on though, with many of them either not having the time to remain committed members or due to the poor view, many of them upgrading their memberships to either True Blue or Ambassador memberships, which give them access to the members bar and seats on the 50m line.

I do hope though the new brigade can bring people back to the Kennel, as we need a strong official supporter group for the club.

Social Loafer
31-03-07, 12:15 AM
Ah yes, totally forgot about that.... Anyway it is important for club to have some form of supporter group, official or unofficial it doesn't matter.. Much easier to create atmosphere if you have people bunched together.

DIEHARD
01-04-07, 04:01 PM
Well our Southern Legion got some good air time on tele. Loved to see colours and the banners fans made.

I think this is a fantastic start for the future and I can't wait to join you guys next week at Penrith.

Does anyone know how and where to buy Panthers tickets? Do they sell them through the club and not Ticketek?

DeeGan
01-04-07, 05:25 PM
Well our Southern Legion got some good air time on tele. Loved to see colours and the banners fans made.

I think this is a fantastic start for the future and I can't wait to join you guys next week at Penrith.

Does anyone know how and where to buy Panthers tickets? Do they sell them through the club and not Ticketek?

Yeah, they were great.

Looong day for yours truly which involved turning up just before kick-off (love Sydney taxi's). I caught up with some fans on the way in who will be joining the forum though missed out on catching up with the majority in the dedicated bay due to some unforseen circumstances.

I was in contact with BringBackWillie who was there with that merry bunch - didn't there signs look a treat!!!

Well it is all smooth sailing from here. The Legion site should be up tonight, planning is in action for Sunday at Penrith and I look forward to having a "rest" on Sunday afternoon with the Legion faithful!

BringBackWillie
01-04-07, 11:48 PM
Hey guys

Yeah, we had a good turnout this afternoon. We had 23 Titans supporters (and 2 mates supporter other teams) all in their colours and flags which was awesome! Didn't see anyone from the forum though :(

We had a family bring confetti all cut up in Titans colours and whistle which helped with our chants and war cries. We do need to come up with some war-cries though. One of the guys today said he will try put some together.

As for the Panthers game - we were talking about sitting at the Northern Hill up the top next to the scoreboard/screen. They are general admin tickets. Would recommend people by them in advance as its usually cheaper. I've emailed the Panthers club to find our more details about this and to get a map so that DeeGan can start a thread and post up details.

Look forward to seeing u next Sunday DIEHARD! A few of those who turned up today unfortunately won't be able to make it next week due to the Easter holidays so COME ON SOUTHERN LEGION, hope to see u there!

DIEHARD
02-04-07, 01:01 AM
Hey guys

Yeah, we had a good turnout this afternoon. We had 23 Titans supporters (and 2 mates supporter other teams) all in their colours and flags which was awesome! Didn't see anyone from the forum though :(

We had a family bring confetti all cut up in Titans colours and whistle which helped with our chants and war cries. We do need to come up with some war-cries though. One of the guys today said he will try put some together.

As for the Panthers game - we were talking about sitting at the Northern Hill up the top next to the scoreboard/screen. They are general admin tickets. Would recommend people by them in advance as its usually cheaper. I've emailed the Panthers club to find our more details about this and to get a map so that DeeGan can start a thread and post up details.

Look forward to seeing u next Sunday DIEHARD! A few of those who turned up today unfortunately won't be able to make it next week due to the Easter holidays so COME ON SOUTHERN LEGION, hope to see u there!

Wow that is an impressive start BringBackWillie. I wish I could have been there. I will be there this weekend, you can count on that.

Come on gang, DIEHARD is coming to town and I want a big turn out.

Did you get any pictures? Looked good on TV, some nice banners.

Surely some others from the forum made it.

Let's talk about the Panthers game in the other thread. -> http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9273

DeeGan
02-04-07, 07:35 AM
Our site will be up today and we will have an info hub for all games coming up. We will go with BringBackWillie's recommendation and look for GA on the hill!

Titanium_BD1103
02-04-07, 06:37 PM
Our site will be up today and we will have an info hub for all games coming up. We will go with BringBackWillie's recommendation and look for GA on the hill!

That's a great idea DeeGan, you'll love it there, just make sure you don't let those on the hill get the better of you with their chanting... about as useful as a bad cold that is... :p

Well it was great to see the small but loyal legion out there yesterday. You did the team proud and although I was screaming and yelling at you all from across the bar sitting with the Dogs fans... I was mighty proud to see you kept supporting right till the end, oh and gave FOX some awesome footage... :)

Shame didn't get to meet you DeeGan, but I now know what you look like, with your Titans jersey and bag, I saw you come out the stadium, but having already mistaken someone for you, I wasn't going to try that again... ;)

It was great to meet some of the legion though, and hopefully a fair few will join or have joined today after my chat... especially the kid I bought a hat for... as I told him yesterday, I don't mind doing it as long as he support the side 100%.

On that, next time, you need to round the troops with the Legion to help it grow, I saw numerous Titans fans at Telstra, only problem was they were scattered around the stadium... but it was early days and I am sure you'll sort it out... :)

As I said, great day, great game, shame for all of you for the result, me I was over the moon.. but yeah I'll be in the legion soon, probably not next week but I'll be there soon.... and hope to meet a few more.... :)