PDA

View Full Version : Titans positional changes

Chaos
26-03-07, 10:15 PM
We need a creative player at 5/8
Somebody who can set up his outside backs and put them in open space
Somebody Prince can communicate with.
Hilder isn't our 5/8...is Preston the man for the job?

Dummy Half
If Friend can play 80 mins of football...why not start him in dummy half?
Titans are a different team once he comes on. He keeps the defence in two mind and makes the right decision more often then Clint Amos.

Wingers
Walker and Peterson can both find the line with half a chance...they are my two picks. Peterson plays with intensity and Walker is elusive.

Back row
So far I prefer Josh Graham over Luke Swain

Where are James Stosic, Brad Myers and Richi Mathers?

Capital_Shark
26-03-07, 10:24 PM
Presto went well when he seemed to come into a halves sort of role and put in good kicks. After all, he is a Dally M halfback and premiership winning 5/8.

In saying that I think Hilder had much more impact this week compared to last.

Petersen is no Walker but still a decent finisher.

Amos goes good, Friend goes better. Don't give up on Amos thought I reckon he shows a lot of potential.

Stosic was injured apparently.

Steelers
26-03-07, 10:25 PM
I think Preston needs to be taken out of the fullback position. Teams will continue to target him, like they have done so far, and it will cost the Titans. Lelea Paea isn't quite ready for FG yet IMO. Hasn't really made much of an impact yet, and has made a couple of blatant mistakes. He will have a few weeks though to prove his worth while Walker is on the sideline. Nathan Friend needs more game time. He is the one who sparks up the team, along with Princey.

DeeGan
26-03-07, 10:32 PM
The question is: will Carty change a winning side? You will find very few coaches won't unless forced too through injury. If we name the same 17 next week, I ain't complaining.

Though to answer questions to a very good thread ... ;)

Who should be our five-eight?

IMO it has always been Preston Campbell. I think he will play more football there than any other position before the season is done.

I think Preston is in the number one at the moment until Richie Mathers is ready. Mathers was due to return from the bench last week in QLD Cup with Burleigh.

Preston improved on last week's effort from fullback though he still gives me butterflies in the stomach when a ball heads his way in the air. In saying that, he makes up for that with the BRILLIANCE he adds in attack.

The first try to the Sharks wasn't too good - as Carty said though, "nine times out of ten that ball goes out". Preston more than made up for it in scoring the match winner.

Dummy half?

Well Amos and Friend are a great one-two combo. I think Friend should start personally though I would keep Amos in the 17. They both add plenty of spark, Friend's play overshadowed Amos tonight though he Clint was good when on the field.

Wingers?

Well Chris Walker is a certainty (let's hope he is back soon) and on the other wing I would have Jake Webster - that's where he plays his best football. Jake, like Lote in the other code, looks a little lost when playing centre. Put him on the wing where his only job is to score tries and help out his forwards - he can be used much like we did Marcus Bai when he was a Charger.

Josh Graham looked good when on the field and I wouldn't mind seeing him start at right centre to be honest inside Webster.

Let's enjoy the win!

DeeGan
26-03-07, 10:33 PM
Stosic had a foot injury - I have no time on when he will be back. I would expect Rd 3.

Steve
26-03-07, 10:52 PM
I don't see much wrong with the team. Things are still a bit scrappy, but it's round two, everyone is scrappy.
Preston has done very little wrong at fullback. Let them target him, it's not a problem and the more he settles in the better he'll do, both defensively and offensively.
Hilder is good defensively and would probably make a good utility player, but he certainly hasn't done much wrong. Do we really need a creative 5/8? Preston comes into the attack and once Rogers is a bit more settled he should start creating aswell. Two halfbacks isn't the only option for a team, and I imagine Cartwright has his reasons for playing Hilder there.
I don't mind Webster in the centres, he was looking dangerous when combining with Walker in game 1.
I'm undecided about the two hookers. Seems to be working well enough for now.
Petersen seems to be going well. With him, Rogers, Webster and Walker back from injury, there should be plenty of options out wide.

DeeGan
26-03-07, 10:59 PM
I don't see much wrong with the team. Things are still a bit scrappy, but it's round two, everyone is scrappy.
Preston has done very little wrong at fullback. Let them target him, it's not a problem and the more he settles in the better he'll do, both defensively and offensively.
Hilder is good defensively and would probably make a good utility player, but he certainly hasn't done much wrong. Do we really need a creative 5/8? Preston comes into the attack and once Rogers is a bit more settled he should start creating aswell. Two halfbacks isn't the only option for a team, and I imagine Cartwright has his reasons for playing Hilder there.
I don't mind Webster in the centres, he was looking dangerous when combining with Walker in game 1.
I'm undecided about the two hookers. Seems to be working well enough for now.
Petersen seems to be going well. With him, Rogers, Webster and Walker back from injury, there should be plenty of options out wide.

Exactly - a winning team is hard to change and we do need to keep in mind this is only round two. We are fairing a little better than some of the more fancied teams in this competition, even Brisbane.

Hilder has been "solid". He deserves to be in the 17 this season (I knew little about him coming in to the pre-season admittedly) though I don't think at 6. He is doing his job, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind him as a ball playing lock or coming off the bench filling a role similar to that of a Dean Widders or a Michael Crocker.

TITAN PETE
26-03-07, 11:02 PM
I agree with Deegan & i don't think Carty would be keen on any team changes when your team is winning but i think that Webster & Rogers didn't work as well as hoped tonight & they were found out through 2 tries.
Time will tell as to what if any changes are made but i beleive Friend has to start the match & i would find a spot in the 17 for Smith Samau he has rock solid defence :box: & can play almost anywhere on the park.

patskE
27-03-07, 12:02 AM
isnt mathers back next week?
slot him in fullback n presto 5/8
and tbh we are a different team when friend is on the field
rogers didnt offer any attack flare
move hilder to bench drop amos for friend to play full 80

patskE
27-03-07, 12:05 AM
but tbh we won y change, only thing i would do it slot mathers in if he fits, n move presto to 5/8 where he gets ball more

bruski
27-03-07, 07:51 AM
I was thinking about this last night also, I think Hilder is a bit underestimated. He really does a lot of work in defence which is very important. We have prince running riot at the moment so the combo is working well at the moment.

He gave of some good ball last night so I can see no problem with him at 5/8.

I also think that Swain is the best 13 but also think that Meyers should slot in to second row when ready. Josh is good on the bench at the moment.

Nathan Friend was in my opinion the man of the match, he really controlled the ruck area and set up a lot of play's.

Preston at fullback, well he can cause a few worries to us when there is a high ball but every time he gets the ball from the back it looks as though something could happen.

I think the other thing that has got us through so far is our fitness, we have come from behind in all of our games so far and we end up finishing with a wet sail, this is really enhanced with presto, friend and prince working the ruck and either supporting the ball carrier and or offloading at the right moment.

Really at this point we have a really good mix.

Casey's Angel27
27-03-07, 10:22 AM
Why isnt Friendy starting?

I thoght that he moved from Melbourne back to Gold Coast because it gave him a better chance of being in the starting 13 and not sitting on the bench as much.

I have nothing against Clint Amos. but i think Nathan would suit better in starting the match.

And im extremely annoyed because 10 minutes into the game, mum stole the remote control and made me watch biggest loser and some other crap so i missed the whole game :angry:

TITAN FOREVER
27-03-07, 05:21 PM
What game were you guys watching?? Hilder was solid at 5/8 had a great little kicking game which he chipped and chased which led to line drop out then Presto scored winning try. Remember his still learning we have heaps of attacking players we need him for defence through the middle. Rogers stilll getting back into it too, looks good to me. Presto has plenty of attacking flare at fullback and doesn't get belted around the rucks. Presto also has the luxury of another award of being the most missed tackles in the NRL last season. Mainly because the big forwards would run at him all the time. Carty seems to covering this side of his game!

Darren Lockyer
27-03-07, 06:13 PM
This would be my team with all players fit
1. Matt Rogers
2. Matt Peterson
3. Josh Graham
4. Jake Webster
5. Chris Walker
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9.) Nathan Friend
10. James Stosic
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Matt Hilder

Interchange
14. Michael Henderson
15. Kris Kahler
16. Mark Minicello
17. Clint Amos

Chaos
27-03-07, 06:21 PM
I was thinking about this last night also, I think Hilder is a bit underestimated. He really does a lot of work in defence which is very important. We have prince running riot at the moment so the combo is working well at the moment.

Hilder might be underestimated and might be good in defence but the 5/8 is a very important position if you want your outside backs to shine.
Not once did Hilder put Rogers in an attacking potision and I just havn't seen his decision making or his ball playing skills to suggest he will set his outside backs in the future.

I think alot of coaches have made poor decisions at the 5/8 role in the last 5 years. Too many solid second row types playing in there. A coach playing safe to hold his job wont win a Grandfinal and those coaches made the mistake of playing safe.
I know some of you will say it's our first season and our goal isn't to win the grandfinal...Those people have never one a grand final.

The Grandfinal winning teams had creative players like Lockyer, Marshall, Campbell, Fitler, Johns
They all set up there outside man.

Take your mind back to the year Tigers won the grandfinal...Prince and Farrow were creating so much room for Marshall...he couldn't help but play well.
Prince and friend will do it this year...our backs need to finish it off.

jake86
27-03-07, 06:53 PM
My team with evaryone fit:
Mathers
Webster
Odwyer
Rogers
Campbell
Prince
Bailey
Friend
Henderson
Cooper
Laffranci
Swain

Meyers
Stosic
Minichello
Amos

Mathers is a safer option at fullback. Presto looked good at first/2nd receiver last nite, I think he is better in the halves. I rate Odwyer at centre. Very creative, as is Rogers, and should set up plenty of opportunities for the great attacking wingers we have, Webster and Walker. IMO Webster is more a winger, and has better hands than Paea. Kahler is too small...would be better at 2nd row but I havnt found space for him in the team. Friend edges out Amos for starting hooker, even though amos has been impressive so far. Meyers on to the bench. I think he gives us more versatlilty within the forward pack, where he is able to play lock, 2nd row or front row. He also, along with Stosic, offers more size, something we are lacking slightly atm. Mini and Amos have been good so far, and deserve their spots ahead of the likes of Kahler and Graham

Roolander
28-03-07, 03:30 PM
This would be my team with all players fit
1. Matt Rogers
2. Matt Peterson
3. Josh Graham
4. Jake Webster
5. Chris Walker
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9.) Nathan Friend
10. James Stosic
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Matt Hilder

Interchange
14. Michael Henderson
15. Kris Kahler
16. Mark Minicello
17. Clint Amos

Your right , we have a international fullback in our team , yet we have him the centres , Hilder is solid at best , but wont take us to a premiership , get Preston in there ASAP , and our biggest achilles heel the wing we need Walker , Paea was a lot better on Monday and Sideshow was ok.

Tamwelg
28-03-07, 10:00 PM
Why isnt Friendy starting?

I thoght that he moved from Melbourne back to Gold Coast because it gave him a better chance of being in the starting 13 and not sitting on the bench as much.

I have nothing against Clint Amos. but i think Nathan would suit better in starting the match.

And im extremely annoyed because 10 minutes into the game, mum stole the remote control and made me watch biggest loser and some other crap so i missed the whole game :angry:

I agree, Nathan Friend looks very dangerous and deserves the number 9. Amos look pretty good there, but Friend looks like he has the potential to be one of the best number 9 in the comp.

Supergoose
29-03-07, 09:53 PM
While Amos has impressed me, I still think he's a back-up at best. I would be naming a fullback or winger on the bench to give Friend a rest and move Preston into Hooker or 5/8 at 30 and 70 minute mark with Hilder moving into the forward rotation - probably at lock.

I also think that Gavin Cooper should be used as a centre with Brad Meyers playing prop and Kahler dropping back into 2nd row. Cooper would be a handful at centre and I reckon Webster would be far better on the wing. The hitup after the wing/fullback takes it up would be by Cooper on his side of the field. My side then is

1. Preston Campbell moving to 5/8 after 20 min (potentially alternating at hooker with Hilder to give Friend rests before halftime)
2. Jake Webster
3. Gavin Cooper
4. Matt Rogers
5. Chris Walker
6. Matt Hilder
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Kris Kahler
12. Anthony Laffranchi
13. Mark Minichiello (I'm not a Luke Swain fan)

14. Josh Graham/Richie Mathers (on after 20 when Preston switches - Graham potentially to the wing/centre where Walker/Rogers would move to fullback)
15. Michael Henderson
16. Michael Hodgson/James Stosic (not fussy here)
17. Luke O'dwyer/Swain

Chaos
30-03-07, 11:05 PM
I also think that Gavin Cooper should be used as a centre with Brad Meyers playing prop and Kahler dropping back into 2nd row. Cooper would be a handful at centre and I reckon Webster would be far better on the wing. The hitup after the wing/fullback takes it up would be by Cooper on his side of the field. My side then is

1. Preston Campbell moving to 5/8 after 20 min (potentially alternating at hooker with Hilder to give Friend rests before halftime)

Campbell will be dizzy before half time
We have a few potential centres....i don't know that Cooper would be first choice.

Steel Dragon
31-03-07, 01:38 AM
I'd go with:
1. Mathers
2. Walker
3. Rogers
4. Webster
5. Petersen
6. Campbell
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Friend
10. Henderson
11. Myers
12. Laffranchi
13. Swain

14. Graham
15. Hilder
16. Minichello
17. Kahler

Jason

Robbie_Dee
31-03-07, 08:03 AM
This is who I'd like to see with no injuries...

1. Mathers
2. Walker
3. Webster
4. Rogers
5. Peterson
6. Presto
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Friend
10. Henderson
11. Laffranchi
12. Minichello
13. Swain

14. Amos
15. O'Dwyer
16. Kahler
17. Myers

The sooner Preston gets moved the 5/8 the better! Give someone who has good attack and can combine good with Prince and get the defence on their back feet. Hilder is not that man from what I've seen...

Hoppy2007Dragons
31-03-07, 03:53 PM
I'd like

1. Parfitt
2. Webster
3. Rogers
4. Mathers
5. Walker
6. Cambell
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Friend
10. Henderson
11. Laffaranchi
12. Minichello
13. Hilder

14. Kahler
15. Swain
16. Myers
17. Stosic

I think the key is having a fullback play fullback and having a 5/8 play 5/8 and a lock laying lock

Eg. Campell is better at 5/8 he can direct things and organise good passes to the likes of rogers.

Hilder is a defensive dynamo, thus very good at lock and can have his runs when he needs to.

Parfitt will be a more stable fullback and will get good kick returns.

DeeGan
01-04-07, 06:38 PM
Hmm ... you will heard the call for changes this week I feel.

I think it is time to at least start Preston Campbell at five-eight. I cannot fault Preston's courage from fullback or his effort, though he just ain't the answer. Sure, he makes plenty of metres from the back though he can be just as effective from five-eight alternating between second receiver and dummy half.

I haven't been all too impressed with Gavin Cooper to start the year it must be said. He had a great off-season and hasn't came on like I would have hoped. Let's hope he turns the corner soon.

Lelea Paea I think needs to spend some time in the QLD Cup. He is lacking confidence and looks a little out his depth at the moment.

I don't think we hit the panic button - it is only round four around the corner - I think we do however conceed that Preston partnering Prince is our best attacking option. Hilder should be in the 17, though I think in the forwards or as our utility sub.

Coaster
01-04-07, 06:42 PM
Yep i agree.

I would however put Hilder at Lock.

To me that gives us another option, and as good as swainn is going, hhe doesnt even look like breaking the line.

With 3 ball players in Prince preston and Hilder at the line, and a guy like Rogers sniffing around the play from the back, we should have no problems scoring tries.

PS Hurry back Walker, i never thought i would say that, but his speed and variety is a massive hole at the moment.

Dragons
01-04-07, 06:47 PM
I think I would like Preston to come of the bench and be the zip zip man when the opposition forwards get tired. I know it worked well in the trials.

DeeGan
01-04-07, 06:48 PM
Richie Mathers SHOULD BE back this week - do we rush him in to the first grade side when he is yet to experience the week to week rigours? It would be a tough ask though something I think he is up to doing.

If not, I wouldn't mind pushing Rogers back there where he would find some open space - space he is not getting in the centres where is not getting much clean ball. It would do his confidence the world of good too.

Coaster
01-04-07, 06:50 PM
Another one is Myers, we need some more Mongrel up front.

He must be ready to roll is he?

DeeGan
01-04-07, 06:54 PM
Meyers was replaced as 18th man - his injury is a mystery.

As I have said before, Billy likes to keep the injury news close to his chest and a lot of the rugby league publications out there are working on guess work as am I.

Apart from the "mongrel" he would add, he bring experience up front and to the team.

Rabbitohs-07
01-04-07, 07:08 PM
You know what I think

Rogers back to fullback give him more room to move with the ball and get a head of steam.

Cambell- Go to 5/8th let him work with prince a bit.

Hilder to the bench as a hooker/where they need someone he could play in a second row position.

Steve
01-04-07, 07:23 PM
I think where Preston plays is the least of the issues.
Our forwards were outmuscled, and the Bulldogs pack never tired.
In addition to having to make over 60 more tackles, we also missed nearly double the amount of tackles.
Preston in the 1, 6, 17, 9 or even 8 jersey wouldn't have changed that. I guess everyone needs a scapegoat.

It looks like Prince is doing all the kicking, so whatever position Preston is in, he needs to slot in and take some of that pressure off.
Hilder has been great in defence, but he's just not doing anything in attack.
I don't mind the idea of Preston at fullback, less attack coming at him and more free to move around in attack, but he's probably our only other half option.

Chaos
01-04-07, 07:26 PM
Richie Mathers SHOULD BE back this week - do we rush him in to the first grade side when he is yet to experience the week to week rigours? It would be a tough ask though something I think he is up to doing.

If not, I wouldn't mind pushing Rogers back there where he would find some open space - space he is not getting in the centres where is not getting much clean ball. It would do his confidence the world of good too.

I also think that Rogers at full back and Preston at 5/8 will work.
In saying that we still haven't seen Rogers play outside Preston yet and Rogers my go alright in the centres. He has been good reading the oppositions attack so far.
I don't know how good this Richie Mathers is, so it is hard to make the decision of a new centre or Mathers at fullback.
What centre would we use?

DeeGan
01-04-07, 07:32 PM
We're commenting on positional changes Steve, not looking for a scapegoat of any sort. IF we were discussing were the game was lost - well - that is an entirely new thread ;)

For the benefit of the team, I and others including Whiz Freeman, believe Preston is of more benefit to the team at fullback.

If we want to disect the game further and look to portion blame, we would be looking at: the 27 missed tackles, the 12 errors, stupid penalties (Minichiello's with led to the first try after half time was an example), lack of direction at times, the one out hit ups ...

We shouldn't panic, mass changes are not needed, though for us to improve I think we need to look at one or two changes to the team to get back to the winners circle.

DeeGan
01-04-07, 07:35 PM
I also think that Rogers at full back and Preston at 5/8 will work.
In saying that we still haven't seen Rogers play outside Preston yet and Rogers my go alright in the centres. He has been good reading the oppositions attack so far.
I don't know how good this Richie Mathers is, so it is hard to make the decision of a new centre or Mathers at fullback.
What centre would we use?

Brett Delaney is an option. He is itching for a crack at the first team - I am interested to know how he went on Satuday for Tweed.

Josh Graham off the bench to centre? He might not be ready.

The loss of O'Dwyer who was brilliant for the Eels at centre is a shame.

Chaos
01-04-07, 07:38 PM
Brett Delaney is an option. He is itching for a crack at the first team - I am interested to know how he went on Satuday for Tweed.

Josh Graham off the bench to centre? He might not be ready.

The loss of O'Dwyer who was brilliant for the Eels at centre is a shame.

I don't know that Delany is much of a ball player but I think with Preston and Prince inside, Delany might be the player that hits the hole with his size.

DeeGan
01-04-07, 07:41 PM
I seen him recently - leaner than last season though still with that bulk that I think will see him end up in the back row in his later career.

It will be an interesting team selection.

Gavin Cooper was very good as a centre with NQ - he is struggling a little in the back row at the moment, he might get a chance?

Who knows.

Rabbitohs-07
01-04-07, 07:43 PM
What Titans really need is some forwards to put some big hits on ever known and then because evertime the other teams forwards have the ball there making yards and getting quick play the balls and tiring out the forwards in the team. Titans forwards also need to get some bloody go forwards instead of making prince kick from their half every set.

Chaos
01-04-07, 07:48 PM
What Titans really need is some forwards to put some big hits on ever known and then because evertime the other teams forwards have the ball there making yards and getting quick play the balls and tiring out the forwards in the team. Titans forwards also need to get some bloody go forwards instead of making prince kick from their half every set.

Yeh...I don't think we need drastic changes, James Stosic and Brad Myers will be handy.

DeeGan
01-04-07, 07:54 PM
Stosic's return will be welcomed.

Rabbitohs-07
01-04-07, 07:59 PM
Its just simple ones that I can pick. As I said before Hilder to interchange, Preston to 5/8th and Rogers to fullback. Rogers needs more room to run and preston needs more ball to play with.

TITAN FOREVER
01-04-07, 09:01 PM
Need more grunt up front with the forwards, Thought the effort today was great seeing how many more tackles we did. Drop ball cost us today. Otherwise we were in it right up until the 73 min. Not bad against a firey Bulldogs squad.

Chaos
03-04-07, 07:23 PM
I've seen our line up and again the Titans have named Hilder at 5/8.

Has anyone heard any explaination from Cartwright, regarding his decision to put Hilder in 5/8.

Chris Anderson has already lost some respect by starting the year playing one marker...got carved up first game and tried it again in the second.

I hope Cartwright's not one of those stubborn coaches that refuses to swap Preston back because poeple are bagging his ability to take the high ball.
The main issue is having a 5/8 that can create an opportunity for his outside backs. We have other players that can play fullback but not 5/8.

South caoch Tayler tried Sutton at 5/8 first game of the season and to his credit swapped him to lock second game...good on him!

Capital_Shark
03-04-07, 07:37 PM
Hilder is a 2nd rower or hooker, why Cartwright persists with playing a Dally M halfback and premiership winning 5/8, who happens to be just over 5ft, a feather weight and a nightmare under the highball at fullback, I have no idea.

Apparently Hilder is under a bit of an injury cloud so maybe Campbell will get his shot this weekend. I'd like to see Rogers not having to baby sit his winger too, give him a run at fullback.

squirrell
03-04-07, 09:09 PM
I agree,id like to see matt at fullback and then chris walker weave his magic on the wing when hes back to replace..hmmmmm which one,paea seems solid enough but to me lacks the killer instinct needed as a winger,chris has that in abundance,jury still out on sideshow bob but hes going ok.Its a crime to leave campbell at full back after i watched the damage he did pre-season against the panthers.

Tamwelg
04-04-07, 12:41 AM
Apparently Hilder is under a bit of an injury cloud so maybe Campbell will get his shot this weekend. I'd like to see Rogers not having to baby sit his winger too, give him a run at fullback.

Just for a test with positional changes, I hope they rest Hilder for this match. I don't like players having to miss matches because of injury and don't wish this on anyone, but I think be need something to help test some other positional options.

dean
04-04-07, 07:34 PM
After the first 3 competition rounds i am at a loss as to the reason why Matt Hilder is still playing 5/8. Other than good defence he is struggling with the basic skills and creative thinking that is required at NRL level for a good 5/8. I am sure that a lot of supporters would like to see at least a couple of positional changes so here's a smokey. Leave Presto at fullback.Move Prince to 5/8, Nathan Friend to halfback and Amos fulltime Hooker. I tend to agree with other views regarding Rodgers at fullback and Presto at 5/8 but don't forget that Friend would make a crafty little halfback as well. I think he and Prince would be a brilliant halves combination. Just an opinion, what do you reckon?

patskE
05-04-07, 12:49 AM
hilder at 5/8 leaves to much pressure on scott to create things in attack
need more options

TITAN FOREVER
05-04-07, 07:31 PM
hilder at 5/8 leaves to much pressure on scott

If you watched last weeks game against the bulldogs, Preston Campbell or Jake Webster were a lot of the times the first receiver from Prince, so Preston is coming in to the line for the attack but he is very dubious in defence, where Hilder does fill that gap. Early days the backline should start to click soon when Rogers gets back to NRL play.

Steel Dragon
06-04-07, 10:25 AM
Not only should Campbell be five-eighth for the Titans, he should be the five-eighth for teh Blues. I can't believe the Blues selectors last year thought moving the world's best centre to five-eighth to partner Gower was a good ploy to stop Lockyer and Thurston - puh-lease! What the Blues needed was someone with a bit of creative flair - enter Hey Presto. True, he's not the best defender in the game, but he does alright for his size, and I don't see Queensland worrying about Thurston and Lockyer's defensive deficiencies.

Back to the Titans, it seems so obvious to everyone bar John Cartwright that a Prince-Campbell combination would be absolute gold for this team. Surely when Mathers comes back from injury sanity will prevail.

Jason

squirrell
06-04-07, 12:49 PM
o.m.g!! totally forgot about mathers!!.Thats why he was signed from england in the first place,to make the no 1 his position.How long till he,s right to play?,i think when richie is fit a shuffle might be on the cards,great comment steel..

Tamwelg
06-04-07, 04:12 PM
Surely when Mathers comes back from injury sanity will prevail.

We can only hope.