PDA

View Full Version : Late Starter In The Titans Tipping Comp

>Penny Hen<
23-03-07, 10:51 AM
Hi gang,

I've just joined the Forums the other night after watching my hubbie (*SaLaw*) spending plenty of time online here. Thought I'd see for myself what he found so interesting about it.

Thanks DeeGan for sorting out my posting problems - looks like my profile is going to work okay now.

I welcome the chance to chat to other forum members and I want to warn all the Titans Tipping Comp players right here and now that a ruthless competitor has just joined the comp.

Yes, I'm a week late and seven points behind the leaders but I'm going to finish in the Top 10 and may even win the whole thing. You've got to be confident, haven't you?

My hubbie should have won the tipping comp last year (in his previous ID as salaw2504) after leading the comp, albeit by only 1 point, for the final 6 rounds of the Minor Premiership season.

Then when the Broncos (one of his tips) got smashed by St George Illawarra in the first week of the finals, he started kicking cans and determined that the Broncos didn't have the mental strength to win another game.

I tried to convince him to give them another chance but (like so many other husbands) he just wouldn't listen to the voice of reason.

I guarantee you this. I will not be tipping with my heart this year. I'll use my head and see if I can win that signed jersey for our son Joe who, like his dad, is a dedicated Titans supporter.

Poida
23-03-07, 01:29 PM
Welcome to the forums :):)

Hoppy2007Dragons
23-03-07, 01:42 PM
Welcome

Casey's Angel27
24-03-07, 04:24 PM
Hey and Welcome to the forum :D

Go_The_Doggies
24-03-07, 05:02 PM
Heyy!

Welcome! :D

jenny
24-03-07, 06:11 PM
Hey Penny...:)

DIEHARD
24-03-07, 06:21 PM
Welcome!

TDoGGBulldog
24-03-07, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the Titans forums :) Youll enjoy it as much as your hubby does :D

Tamwelg
25-03-07, 06:09 PM
Better late then never.

Welcome to the Titans Forum

>Penny Hen<
25-03-07, 10:54 PM
Thanks a lot to all of the above forum members for your kind words of welcome.

I may not get on the forums as much as I'd like to - someone's got to cook the meals, do the housework, tend to the kids needs, etc - hey?

Not a bad start in the Tipping Comp, hey? 5 out of 6 so far. Don't say I didn't warn youse. (See my prediction in my thread starting post).

Well, household duties call again. Talk to you all again soon.

DeeGan
26-03-07, 09:01 AM
Well I know who the better half is and he is a tipping machine - looks like we have another version if you're 5 from 6!

I am 4 from 7 desperately hoping (though confident) that our boys win tonight!

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 08:11 PM
Same DeeGan, 4 from 7 ATM.

Great to see family encouraging others to come to our site and I hope you are enjoying your time at the Titanium Forums.. :)

Have loads of fun here and feel free to ask either a moderator or the Admin if you have any problems or questions... hope to see you around and hope you can give your husband a run for his money in the tipping comp, because he's good, but I am sure you are just as good.

Thanks for supporting us and joining this great team... :)

corbally
26-03-07, 08:16 PM
At the moment I'm 6/7 this week, with a Titans win to put me 7/8.

The only game Ive tipped wrong was the Panthers beating the bulldogs.

Bulldog_Storm2114
29-03-07, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the forums :)