PDA

View Full Version : Round 2: Gold Coast Titans vs Sharks

Queenslander
20-03-07, 09:47 PM
NRL RD 2: Titans vs Sharks @ Carrara
Monday 26th March 2007, 7:00pm

The Titans first true home game, on the coast.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANGC07&searchId=c8974d6c-2101-4fb0-a8d4-baf3731cb49b

We are aiming to meet here:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/deegan_gctitan_/ULT_2248.jpg

We will look to sit underneath the scoreboard which will give us great exposure to the NRL community.

We will be sitting in the GA area of the Stadium - that's right - Steel Memberships and the like can roam here!

More details to follow!

DeeGan
21-03-07, 08:43 AM
Well, more history to be made this weekend with our very first home game to be played against Cronulla at Carrara Stadium!

Last weekend was a bit of a nightmare for the Legion and I appologise for that. The 'meet and greet' was a non-event due to some unforseen circumstances - we will look to rectify that this weekend with the launch of the website where communication will be a lot easier.

We will look to sit underneath the scoreboard which will give us great exposure to the NRL community.

We will be sitting in the GA area of the Stadium - that'r right - Steel Memberships and the like can roam here!

More details to follow!

Cowboy Titan
21-03-07, 08:56 AM
I'm sitting on the nothern end of the lower eastern stand. I'll look out for everyone.

Steve
21-03-07, 11:50 AM
*waves at self in photo*

I'm probably not going to be able to go to this one, as much as i'd love to.
I could get to the stadium by 7 after work, the bigger issue is getting back to Brisbane and home again, then getting up for work in the morning on tuesday.
Not to mention a bad money week for me, the one where every bill comes in.

Still, i'll see how I go closer to the weekend.

Oh, anyone know, do tickets to the game cover the train for games down the coast?

DIEHARD
21-03-07, 04:27 PM
*waves at self in photo*

I'm probably not going to be able to go to this one, as much as i'd love to.
I could get to the stadium by 7 after work, the bigger issue is getting back to Brisbane and home again, then getting up for work in the morning on tuesday.
Not to mention a bad money week for me, the one where every bill comes in.

Still, i'll see how I go closer to the weekend.

Oh, anyone know, do tickets to the game cover the train for games down the coast?

Good luck with it mate, love to catch up again, this time with you in blue instead of black.

Steve
21-03-07, 04:29 PM
Good luck with it mate, love to catch up again, this time with you in blue instead of black.

I was hoping to at Suncorp, but with the forum down, had no idea what time/where anyone was. Got there a bit late too. :D
I might do it anyhow if I have the cash, i'm a zombie at work in the mornings either way.

TDoGGBulldog
21-03-07, 04:44 PM
Good luck to the Titans in their second premiership match.

Sharks showed promising form last week against the Panthers and should provide some great competition.

Hope we go in their and played exaclty like we did last weekend against the Saints.

GO TITANS!

Cowboy Titan
21-03-07, 05:40 PM
I assume public transport is included but it's not mentioned on my tickets. You probably should contact Ticketek or the Titans to confirm this.

Ozdavo
21-03-07, 07:53 PM
Well, more history to be made this weekend with our very first home game to be played against Cronulla at Carrara Stadium!

Last weekend was a bit of a nightmare for the Legion and I appologise for that. The 'meet and greet' was a non-event due to some unforseen circumstances - we will look to rectify that this weekend with the launch of the website where communication will be a lot easier.

We will be sitting in the GA area of the Stadium - that'r right - Steel Memberships and the like can roam here!

More details to follow!

That looks like the Northern "Family" (read dry/unlicenced) area? Was that intended?

DeeGan
21-03-07, 10:27 PM
Yes Ozdavo.

We are promoting an all ages environment for the Legion and having a "dry" area in terms of alcohol is in the best interests of the supporters group we feel.

DIEHARD
21-03-07, 11:02 PM
Plus it's under the score board and video screen where groups usually are and there is more room that end. It's sardines up the other.

Social Loafer
21-03-07, 11:11 PM
hmm Cronulla Chants, well considering you guys are a new team the whole
"stand up if you've won the league" song doesn't have the same effect.. Also you guys are at home so certain Cronulla chants don't work as well as there are less shire people to reavct to it..

So keep it simple... (and clean considering might be younger people in the legion)

"40 years won crap all"

Capital_Shark
21-03-07, 11:15 PM
Sing your little hearts out. Good lead up to crying your little eyes out at full time.

Queenslander
21-03-07, 11:18 PM
hmm Cronulla Chants, well considering you guys are a new team the whole
"stand up if you've won the league" song doesn't have the same effect.. Also you guys are at home so certain Cronulla chants don't work as well as there are less shire people to reavct to it..

So keep it simple... (and clean considering might be younger people in the legion)

"40 years won crap all"

How about a sign with "We've seen better sharks at Sea World"

And directed to Brett Kimmorley "RIP Representative Career: State of Origin, Game One, 2005"

Social Loafer
21-03-07, 11:21 PM

And directed to Brett Kimmorley "RIP Representative Career: State of Origin, Game One, 2005"

Work that first sign idea into a chant and you have have a winner.

"better sharks at sea world"
You know we've seen better sharks at sea world
Better sharks at sea world....
You know we've seen better sharks at sea world..."
:)

Capital_Shark
21-03-07, 11:23 PM

Credit where its due, thats a fair decent one.

Social Loafer
21-03-07, 11:26 PM
"Let's all have a riot"

maybe a bit too controversial...

Queenslander
21-03-07, 11:29 PM
One Song and One Sign for the Legion, DeeGan/DIEHARD may use if they want, of course credit me for it ;)

Brett Kimmorley can't save the sharks today, sharks today, sharks today
Ricky Stuart can't save the sharks today, sharks today, sharks today
Only Sea World can save the sharks today cause they are stuck in the shark nets.

Hopefully you can get the melody for the above, else it would seem weird ;)

and of course the sign:
"We've seen better sharks at Sea World"

lonegull
22-03-07, 08:02 AM
sounds good for the meeting point what time do the gates open?

Steve
22-03-07, 02:57 PM
Just checked the QR website, they don't seem to be putting on any extra services for the game. One train an hour back to Brisbane. If you miss the 9:53, then it's 10:53 for the next one... looks like monday night games are completely out for me!

Dakink
22-03-07, 03:08 PM
*Bursts into tears*

I cant make it this game NOOO!!!!!!

Wolfpak
22-03-07, 07:34 PM
I'm there, but I probably won't make it until right on kick-off time, so somebody save me a seat please! lol

Steve Dangerous
22-03-07, 11:07 PM
I'll be with my dad/brothers in reserved seating, so won't be able to watch the game with you guys unfortunately.

Are there plans to hang out for a bit afterwards?

lonegull
23-03-07, 09:06 AM
yeah i willbe there what time is everyone meeting, also i am staying at broadbeach what is the best way to get to the game

DIEHARD
23-03-07, 03:39 PM
I'll be with my dad/brothers in reserved seating, so won't be able to watch the game with you guys unfortunately.

Are there plans to hang out for a bit afterwards?

Come down to the scoreboard after the game mate, I'm sure we can organise some victory celebrations.

Dakink
26-03-07, 02:19 PM
Any one who manages to get a big sign saying

"Gday Dakink"

Ill shout the next home game Im at!!!

If you are underage Ill get you a softie!

DeeGan
26-03-07, 02:45 PM
Any one who manages to get a big sign saying

"Gday Dakink"

Ill shout the next home game Im at!!!

If you are underage Ill get you a softie!

You need attention that badly Dakink? :laugh:

Dakink
26-03-07, 03:07 PM
Yup - I wanna be loved :-(

NEed to sign my name in lights lol

TITAN PETE
26-03-07, 03:12 PM
My son is playing at halftime (under 9's) for Mudgee Redbacks so watch out for no12 he's a bit of lump like his dad , we are meeting in front of the score board at 6.30 so u may see a couple of Future TITANS[B] at an early age heres hoping anyway.
I'll say g'day if u look like a [B]LEGIONAIR:) .

patskE
26-03-07, 04:07 PM
my m8 had a sign with "BOMB THE SHIRE"
if u dont know wat the shire is, its the area were the sharks live sorta thing
coppers came n told him not to put it up ahah
alco free zone :S screw that ahah