View Full Version : Round 2: Gold Coast Titans vs Cronulla Sharks

DeeGan
20-03-07, 05:56 PM
Gold Coast Titans Vs Cronulla Sharks
Monday 26th March, 7:30 pm; Carrara Stadium

Referee: Shayne Hayne

Team Notes:

Titans

- Chris Walker is out with a fractured thumb, meaning Matt Petersen makes his debut on the wing

- James Stosic is out with a foot injury with former Western Force centre Josh Graham making his Titans debut from the bench.

Sharks

- Ricky Stuart has an unchanged lineup to the team that beat the Panthers last weekend.

Teams:

http://i9.tinypic.com/4c2z80z.jpg

Titans

1. Preston Campbell
2. Lelea Paea
3. Mat Rogers
4. Jake Webster
5. Matthew Petersen
6. Matthew Hilder
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey (c)
9. Clint Amos
10. Kris Kahler
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Luke Swain
Interchange

14. Josh Graham
15. Michael Henderson
16. Mark Minichiello
17. Nathan Friend

http://i3.tinypic.com/2ed09k8.jpg

Sharks

1 Brett Kearney
2 Fraser Anderson
3 Ben Pomeroy
4 Josh Hannay
5 Luke Covell
6 Adam Dykes
7 Brett Kimmorley (c)
8 Ben Ross
9 Kevin Kingston
10 Luke Douglas
11 Reece Williams
12 Lance Thompson
13 Greg Bird
Interchange

14 Craig Stapleton
15 Jacob Selmes
16 Cameron Ciraldo
17 Isaac De Gois
19 Dustin Cooper

***Please use this thread for game day spoilers and general match information***

DeeGan
20-03-07, 05:58 PM
Titans media release

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans V Cronulla

Injury has forced Jetstar Gold Coast Titans Coach John Cartwright to make several changes ahead of Monday night’s Round two clash against Cronulla at Gold Coast Stadium Carrara.

Chris Walker who starred for the Jetstar Titans with a personal haul of twelve points including two tries has undergone surgery today after fracturing a bone in his thumb late in the contest. His place will be taken by Mathew Petersen who scored three tries during a thirty minute burst for Queensland Cup side Tweed Heads Seagulls in the Curtain Raiser to the Titans debut.

Petersen was stretchered from the field after injuring his ankle, however has made a remarkable recovery to win his place in the starting line-up.

Josh Graham has replaced James Stosic on the bench with Stosic ruled out with a foot injury.

Graham was impressive during the Burleigh Bears Queensland Cup opener scoring a try and playing a vital role in several others.

John Cartwright will hold a media conference to discuss the team from 10.00am Tomorrow morning Wednesday 21st March 2007 at the Titans Recreation room Runaway Bay sports Super centre.

The Team

1. Preston Campbell

2. Lelea Paea

3. Mat Rogers

4. Jake Webster

5. Matthew Petersen

6. Matthew Hilder

7. Scott Prince

8. Luke Bailey

9. Clint Amos

10. Kris Kahler

11. Anthony Laffranchi

12. Gavin Cooper

13. Luke Swain

14. Josh Graham

15. Michael Henderson

16. Mark Minichiello

17. Nathan Friend

Coach: John Cartwright

aspher
20-03-07, 06:00 PM
It's very disappointing that Chris Walker is out. He was one of the players who was impressive to watch and really looked like doing some damage to the opposition. Such is football I guess.

Des
20-03-07, 06:17 PM
It's very disappointing that Chris Walker is out. He was one of the players who was impressive to watch and really looked like doing some damage to the opposition. Such is football I guess.

I agree aspher. But wasn't it great to see the TITANS finally in action. The comeback in the second half was sensational. A few mistakes but that can be expected. It is going to be a long season and if they keep on playng the way they did maybe we might see a top eight finish. Got The Titans! You made us all proud on your debut.:) :) :)

Coaster
20-03-07, 06:19 PM
I dont see the reason of having 2 hookers in the side with Preston.

Friend needs to start in my opinion, and Preston needs to be at 5/8.

Hilder is more of a lock.

My side would look more like this

1. Rogers
2. Paea - needs to be there, cant drop him after 1 bad game
3. Delany
4. Webster
5. Peterson
6. Preston
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Friend
10 Henderson
11 Lanfraci
12 Minochello
13 Hilder

14 Swain
15 Cooper
16 Graham
17 Kahler

aspher
20-03-07, 06:23 PM
I agree aspher. But wasn't it great to see the TITANS finally in action. The comeback in the second half was sensational. A few mistakes but that can be expected. It is going to be a long season and if they keep on playng the way they did maybe we might see a top eight finish. Got The Titans! You made us all proud on your debut.:) :) :)

It certainly was. Even though the Titans are my second team (Dragons being the first), it was still awesome to see the boys run out to the screaming crowd. I enjoyed the game immensely and even though neither team were at their best, it was very promising times.

Supergoose
20-03-07, 06:51 PM
Really looking forward to seeing how Josh Graham goes. I thought we missed a bit of punch from the backline in the first match and his size and speed will go along way to addressing that. It's too bad it had to come through injury to Chris Walker who had a tremendous match on Sunday. I reckon this is one that we can definitely get. Carn the Titans!

Steve
20-03-07, 06:56 PM
While I think Preston is best in the halves, i'm willing to see how he goes over the first few rounds down the back.

He really did tear up the Dragons defence, yet I felt he didn't get as involved as he normally would. Hopefully as he gets used to the position, we'll see him involved more. He seemed quite vocal in the back, directing the defenders to plug holes.

Very disappointed about Walker. Hopefully he'll be back soon, not just his goal kicking, but boy can he get over the line!

Still, a good lineup. I'm doubting I can make this game. Monday nights are a bit out for me. I can get there, but it's gonna be damn late by the time I get home.

Hoppy2007Dragons
20-03-07, 07:22 PM
I have to agree with coaster, Friend diffently needs to start, he was making things happen against the dragons and i think that defensivley and under the high ball rogers would do much better than preston did and will do, still early days and campell is more than capable of playing at the back, just as much as hilder is at playing 5/8.

patskE
20-03-07, 08:13 PM
would of moved rogers to fb with presto going to 5/8, hilder didnt really offer any attacking flare, just really more D
luv to see the presto prince combo more often looked good when they joined up for bit of it
maybe move webster to wing n bring in another center, plea wasnt convicing for me

anyway cant bloody wait till this game

patskE
20-03-07, 08:17 PM
on another note
cant wait to see grahman play
big solid kid

Steve Dangerous
20-03-07, 08:20 PM
i'd have friend as starting hooker. he looked great when out there on the weekend.

got tickets to this game, should be awesome. plus, i can walk home this time.

TITAN PETE
20-03-07, 09:06 PM
I'm happy with the team as some of the guys may have had a few butterflys but deserve a 2nd chance.
Have i missed something as i watched the Seagulls play & saw Petersen play i blinder scoring 3 tries but he was carried off with what looked like a foot problem so i'm wondering how he's playing next round ?

squirrell
20-03-07, 09:58 PM
on the news scotty sattler says peterson is good for monday replacing walker,big boots to fill but hes a good player,i hope presto converts 100% of kicks like chris walker has been.

jake86
20-03-07, 11:00 PM
Good looking side once again. Id have:

-Henderson starting ahead of Kahler (more of a 2nd rower).
-Webster and Paea to switch postions.
-Parfitt to FB
-Campbell to 5-8

I think our bench looks a bit small as well. Chuck Conn on for Graham

Poida
20-03-07, 11:09 PM
I think the Sharks might win this one but will be a close one :)

jake86
20-03-07, 11:15 PM
I think the Sharks might win this one but will be a close one :)

Dont say that!:) Sharks have a better forward pack but ou backs look more dangerous...Titans 22-12

Poida
20-03-07, 11:20 PM
Dont say that!:) Sharks have a better forward pack but ou backs look more dangerous...Titans 22-12

I want Titans to win though :) Im tipping with my head:)

Edit I changed my tip to Titans in this forums comp :)

patskE
20-03-07, 11:51 PM
wat i did notice was in defence, we were solid, but he always go over the advantage line, we sorta waited for em to come to us
dont know if thats such a good thing

jake86
21-03-07, 04:00 AM
I want Titans to win though :) Im tipping with my head:)

Edit I changed my tip to Titans in this forums comp :)

:) Just jokes mate

On a sour note, Prince may be injured...
http://www.gcbulletin.com.au/article/2007/03/21/3979_sports.html

dan the man
21-03-07, 01:34 PM
what is happening with brett delaney... we play him on the bench for a qld cup match... that is an expensive qld reserve player....i cannot see why he is not in the team..can anyone tell me is he injured?

BrisbaneBroncosRule
21-03-07, 04:54 PM
Titans to win :D

Its sad to see Chris Walker already injured

patskE
21-03-07, 04:57 PM
mathers back round 3
just read it on nrl

Poida
21-03-07, 05:04 PM
Titans to win :D

Its sad to see Chris Walker already injured

Apparently Scott Prince is injured too.

TDoGGBulldog
21-03-07, 05:17 PM
Bad news if all these injuries force them not to play against the sharks.

Both sides showed good form in their debut round of 2007.

C'Mon Titans!

patskE
21-03-07, 06:04 PM
prince rolled his ankle
should be alright, its a monday game aswell so he got a bit longer to recover
would of luved to see presto at 5/8 n rogers fullback, give rogers more room to move n come in when he wants, i rkn it be a killer

Capital_Shark
21-03-07, 06:17 PM
Pretty confident about this game. Sharks forward will dominate. If they defend tight like last weekend the Warriors style attack of the Titans I seen last weekend shouldn't be much of a worry.

Great to see Campbell being left at fullback, from a Cronulla perspective anyway. If Noddy and Dykes pepper him with bombs as I suspect they will, he'll be looking for the first bus back to Tingah by half time.

Queenslander
21-03-07, 06:33 PM
Titans Vs Sharks Preview
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 1:34 PM

Will it be a happy ?homecoming? for the Titans?

Form: The Gold Coast could have stumbled on the big stage at Suncorp Stadium, but their ability to regroup will stand the club in good stead for the weeks ahead. Cronulla were strong defensively against Penrith and made the most of their opportunities with the ball.

History: The old Gold Coast teams rarely posed a threat to the Sharks, who lost only once in 14 encounters. Cronulla won seven from eight on the holiday strip, including a narrow win in their only visit to Carrara.

Danger sign: Outstanding in his first NRL appearance in almost six years, Mat Rogers is only going to get better. He made some great decisions in defence and has the attacking flair to ignite the Titans? backline.

Best Bet? Take a Titans try in First Scoring Play betting.

Money-spinner: Centres Mat Rogers and Jake Webster are noted tryscorers ? include them in First Tryscorer considerations.

Source: Big League

Steve
21-03-07, 07:51 PM
I suspect if the Sharks want to rely on bombing Preston to win the match, they're going to be in for a shock.
He may have had a bad match, but he's a champion player, and he'll be working damn hard on that aspect of his game. He really didn't do too badly from the back, took some great catches, let one bounce he shouldn't have, and spilled the one bomb. His other errors weren't from bombs.

That said, if they want to give him the ball over and over in broken play situations... go for it. :D

dan the man
21-03-07, 08:02 PM
what is happening with brett delaney... we play him on the bench for a qld cup match... that is an expensive qld reserve player....i cannot see why he is not in the team..can anyone tell me is he injured?

anyone know?

dan the man
21-03-07, 08:03 PM
or just better players keeping him out.. of qld cup centre spot

Capital_Shark
21-03-07, 08:18 PM
I suspect if the Sharks want to rely on bombing Preston to win the match, they're going to be in for a shock.
He may have had a bad match, but he's a champion player, and he'll be working damn hard on that aspect of his game. He really didn't do too badly from the back, took some great catches, let one bounce he shouldn't have, and spilled the one bomb. His other errors weren't from bombs.

That said, if they want to give him the ball over and over in broken play situations... go for it. :D

He is a champion player, no doubts. Even more so when he's in the halves, or coming off the bench showing up tired, sloppy big fellas in defense.

The only thing he'll be getting in broken play is trampled by Birdy in full flight to the line ;)

TITAN PETE
21-03-07, 09:56 PM
or just better players keeping him out.. of qld cup centre spot

You hit the nail on the head Dan after watching all of the Titans games so far & watching Delaney play for Seagulls last week it will take a big injury toll or massive turn around in form for him to be considered for a return to the NRL, he is playing like someone without confidence & his goal kicking is even worst.

DeeGan
21-03-07, 10:00 PM
This is a young kid (Delaney) who has picked up and made a tough decision to move away from a close knit family (know his cousin) and he is likely struggling with it. From what I understand his better half is up north now so that might help.

Brett is in our plans in 2007, I wouldn't read too much in to the fact he was on the bench. Keep in mind, he was listed in the 19 man sqaud and was cut by Cartwright when it was confirmed Rogers would play.

The fact he was on the bench would have something to do with the fact he hadn't trained with the team as far as I am concerned.

I will try and source more.

TITAN PETE
21-03-07, 10:54 PM
I hope things turn around for him Deegan, as a centre of his size would be a devastating player inside Rogers but as i have said before it's probably only his confidence in his own ability thats causing him a form slump you only had to watch his own reactions to his goal kicking last Sunday playing for Seagulls he wasn't happy at all but he did have a hand in 2 of Petersens tries so hopefully a return to form is near:) .

Queenslander
22-03-07, 11:16 AM
Prince determined to play against Sharks
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 7:31 PM
Gold Coast co-captain Scott Prince hasn't missed an NRL match through injury in three years and he's determined to keep it that way.

The Titans play their first home game at Gold Coast Stadium against Cronulla on Monday night but former Kangaroos and Queensland Origin halfback Prince is in doubt with an ankle injury.

Coach John Cartwright will wrap his star playmaker in wool this week before making a decision on Prince's availability on Sunday.

"We're doing everything we can to get him on to the paddock," Cartwright said.

"He's very keen to play being our first home game."

Prince is "90 per cent" certain he'll be fit to play but it could hinge on a precautionary MRI scan on Thursday.

"I'm pretty confident," said the 27-year-old, who rolled his ankle during the Titans' 20-18 loss to St George Illawarra on Sunday.

"I haven't missed a game (through injury) in three years, touch wood.

"I'm 90 per cent sure that I'll play. The 10 per cent is up to the doctor, I reckon. He's got the last say.

"Worst-case scenario, I'll only miss a week but hopefully it doesn't come to that."

Prince last missed an NRL match in 2004 when he was stood down from the Wests Tigers due to representative duties with the Queensland Origin team.

But he hasn't missed a game through injury since 2003 when he suffered the second of two broken legs during his three seasons with Brisbane.

It was a horrific period for Prince, whose father Les was killed in a car accident while travelling to Townsville in March 2001.

Cartwright said the loss of tryscoring machine Chris Walker (broken thumb), sidelined for 6-8 weeks, would be a huge loss for the Titans.

"You've got to have tryscorers to win games and he definitely does that," he said.

Source: AAP

Steve
22-03-07, 11:20 AM
Fingers crossed it all goes well for Prince. Sounds like it isn't too serious, they're just being careful.

I agree with Cartwright about Walker, it's a huge loss. We've got other guys who can find the line, but Walker seemed in freakishly good form, a bit like Amos Roberts for the Panthers a couple years ago. Given a one year contract, broke into first grade and blew everyone off the park.

Smithy
22-03-07, 09:32 PM
I see they have named Matt Petersen to replace Walker on the Wing. I thought he too was injured after watching him get carried of at half time on the weekend for the Seagulls. Any reports on his fitness?

DeeGan
23-03-07, 06:06 AM
Both Matt Petersen and Scott Prince are in some doubt.

Prince is listed as 50-50 to play - I think he will.

Not to sure about Side Show Bob ... we have options if he is out in any event.

Tamwelg
24-03-07, 08:38 AM
24Mar07

TITANS coach John Cartwright is optimistic his side has the attacking ****nal to find a chink in Cronulla's new-look armour under their renowned defensive mentor Ricky Stuart.

The Sharks created a slice of rugby league history in their opening round 18-0 win over Penrith last Saturday night, becoming the first team in seven years to hold the 2003 premiers to nil in a match.

Cronulla's defensive stranglehold had all the hallmarks of former Sydney Roosters coach Stuart, who turned the Tri-Colours into one of the most formidable defensive outfits of the modern era.

But Cartwright, who was assistant to Stuart at the Roosters, said he was confident the Gold Coast could 'ask a lot of questions' of the Sharks defence after creating a good many scoring opportunities in their 20-18 debut loss to St George Illawarra last weekend.

In a major boost to the Titans' attacking flair, chief playmaker Scott Prince is all but guaranteed a start after running freely on his injured left ankle at training under lights at Gold Coast Stadium last night.

"We've worked hard on our defence and obviously so have they as well, they held out Penrith and they've got a lot of tries in them so to hold them out in a premiership game was a big effort," said Cartwright last night.

"But we've worked hard on a few plans we think we can get them.

"I thought at a pinch last week we should have scored six tries (against the Dragons). Three tries were just butchered through schoolboy stuff -- just catch and pass and we would have scored, so hopefully we can resolve those issues.

"Ball control has been a bit of an issue with us through the trials but we throw a lot of football at them, we do ask a lot of questions and with that it can be a bit high risk and that's when you come up with dropped ball.

"But we've got to come up with the right balance there and do it pretty quick."

Prince looked sharp in a ballwork session last night before being given an early mark as a precaution and left to ice his left ankle.

The crafty halfback said with another three days of rehabilitation he was on track to take on the Sharks.

"That's the beauty of it, I think if we were playing tonight I'd be no chance but with another three full days we're on schedule hopefully," said Prince.

"I'll just try and get through the last ball session on Sunday afternoon and we'll know exactly then.

"It felt all right, it was just the first run on it so we'll just see how it pulls up tomorrow but it felt OK out there."

Former international prop Brad Meyers is also on the comeback trail from an ankle injury which kept him sidelined for round one after training with the squad last night.

However, Cartwright said it was unlikely he would make Meyers a late inclusion on Monday night.

"The doctors have given him pretty well the all-clear, we were thinking maybe hold him back until next week, he was just there as a precaution for Michael Henderson who has had a few headaches after that head clash he had with Ryles last week.

"The doc said he'd be right if we needed him but we're thinking about bringing him back next week against the Dogs."

Some very positive news about Prince.

Go Titans

DeeGan
24-03-07, 09:41 AM
Titans media release
Written by: Deegan Lewis

Gold Coast Titans v Cronulla Sharks
Monday March 26, 2007 @ Carrara Stadium
Head to Head: First Match
Referee: Shayne Hayne

Gold Coast Titans
Coach: John Cartwright

1. Preston Campbell
2. Lelea Paea
3. Mat Rogers
4. Jake Webster
5. Matthew Petersen
6. Matt Hilder
7. Scott Prince ?
8. Luke Bailey ?
9. Clint Amos
10. Kris Kahler
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Luke Swain
14. Josh Graham
15. Michael Henderson
16. Mark Minichiello
17. Nathan Friend

Injuries: Luke O’Dwyer – ankle, indefinite; Richie Mathers – knee, Rd 3, Chris Walker – thumb, indefinite.

Cronulla Sharks
Coach: Ricky Stuart

1. Brett Kearney
2. Fraser Anderson
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Josh Hannay
5. Luke Covell
6. Adam Dykes
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Ross
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Luke Douglas
11. Reece Williams
12. Lance Thompson
13. Greg Bird
14. Craig Stapleton
15. Jacob Selmes
16. Cameron Ciraldo
17. Isaac De Gois

Injuries: Paul Gallen – ankle, Rd 3.

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans make their long awaited home debut on Monday night taking on the Cronulla Sharks in a match that will pit Coach John Cartwright up against former mentor, good friend and current Australian coach Ricky Stuart.

Before being appointed coach of the Jetstar Titans, Cartwright spent four seasons as assistant to Ricky Stuart at the Sydney Roosters in what proved to be a successful pairing. In four seasons together they steered the Roosters to three Grand Final appearances with one premiership coming in 2002.

“It's going to be a strange feeling actually because we've had so much time together and we'll be sitting in opposite change rooms on opposite sides doing our best," said Stuart.

"I spoke to him after his game last weekend and I could tell that disappointment in his voice, and that only means they'll be even more enthusiastic to get a win and he'll certainly have them pumped up."

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans lead up to the game has been less than ideal with co-captain Scott Prince in doubt for much of the week with an ankle injury suffered during the 20-18 defeat at the hands of St George Illawarra in round one.

Fortunately for Titans fans Prince has been cleared to play at Carrara after undergoing a precautionary MRI scan on Tuesday.

Prince has not missed a game in three years through injury and was always confident he would be able to line-up against a rejuvenated Brett Kimmorley who was instrumental in leading Cronulla to victory last weekend.

Matthew Petersen comes in to the Titans line-up to replace the injured Chris Walker who scored fourteen of the team’s eighteen points in round one. Walker has a broken thumb and will be out for an indefinite period.
"You've got to have try scorers to win games and he definitely does that," Cartwright said on the loss of the former Origin star.

Petersen was in sensational form during last weekends Queensland Cup curtain raiser at Suncorp scoring three tries in a thirty minute blitz against a Melbourne Storm stacked Norths Devils outfit.

The only other change from last weekend’s team is former Perth Force and Melbourne Storm centre Josh Graham coming on to the bench for the injured James Stosic.

Cronulla head in to round two full of confidence after their clinical display over Penrith that saw the Sharks win 18-0. The win was a great start to the Ricky Stuart era and ended a ten match losing run for the club.

“We have been working hard on our defence and I think you saw that in the game,” says Stuart.

“We came up with some big hits and scrambled well. It was a good first up effort and something we can build on.”

Form Guide

• Cronulla have lost their past five matches on the road
• Cronulla have conceded only three tries in their past three games including the 2007 trials
• The Sharks have won only one of their past eight night matches
• Gold Coast defeated Penrith 28-6 in their only game played at Carrara during the pre-season
• Cronulla have lost only once in fourteen games against Gold Coast teams
• Cronulla have won seven from eight at Carrara Stadium

Tickets

Monday night’s game is likely to be sold out though there are still some good tickets left to this historic game.

The Gold Coast Titans are looking forward to having a vocal home crowd behind them as they chace their maiden win in the NRL competition. The players were blown away by the atmosphere created in the last trial match played here and cannot wait to run out on Monday night in front of what should be a full house when the NRL returns to Carrara!

Tickets can be purchased through Ticketek at www.ticketek.com.au or by calling 13 28 49.

patskE
25-03-07, 12:17 PM
wats the go with prince n peterson?

DeeGan
25-03-07, 12:30 PM
Both will play.

patskE
26-03-07, 03:10 PM
3 hours away
heading to local soon
FKN PUMPED
LETS GO TITANS LETS GO
nananaana nananaana hay hay hay GOOD BYE

Kingytek
26-03-07, 05:49 PM
where can i hear the game broadcast online?

Steve
26-03-07, 05:58 PM
where can i hear the game broadcast online?

TripleM are broadcasting it, and the ABC's Coast FM if you're down that way. (I can't seem to pick them up, unfortunately)

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 06:14 PM
**SCORE UPDATE-SPOILER**

Gold Coast Titans- 0

Cronulla Sharks- 6

Tries: Williams
Goals: Covell 1/1

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 06:23 PM
go titans

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 06:24 PM
TripleM are broadcasting it, and the ABC's Coast FM if you're down that way. (I can't seem to pick them up, unfortunately)

If ya got the net go to the triple m site.

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 06:29 PM
If ya got the net go to the triple m site.

Too bad the commentary on the Triple M site is embarrassing as hell... my god they are calling Ron Coote and Amos Roberts... it's amateur hour.

They are really amateur, it's silly noises and no real normality in it at all.

The Titans are on the attack and it's their first real chance and PETERSEN SCORES off Webster

Preston kicks a beauty in the wind, which doesn't look pretty to make it 6-6

**SCORE UPDATE-SPOILER- 19 MINUTES**

Gold Coast Titans- 6

Tries: Petersen
Goals: Campbell 1/1

Cronulla Sharks- 6

Tries: Williams
Goals: Covell 1/1

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 06:32 PM
Geez they are trying to score early and tying to hard they seem to panic then drop the ball.

Ease up titans we got heaps of time..woo hoo titans try time

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 06:37 PM
Great stuff by the titans now we are really thinking and playing better.

Still 6 all

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 06:41 PM
Great stuff by the titans now we are really thinking and playing better.

Still 6 all

30 Mins gone... same score... :)

Luke Bailey is a workhorse... he has been tackling like there is not tomorrow. I agree that the Titans have calmed down and now seem to have the world of time to do things... keep that up and the points will come.

I like the positive play of going after the ball, not letting things just stay normal and trying something all the time... I also like how there is some innovation... but I reckon Hilder is not the best last tackle option.. he just seems to not give us a real surprise... I reckon give it to Rogers.

Steve
26-03-07, 06:46 PM
Sounds like we've definitely settled a bit now, hopefully can pull infront before half time.

I agree about the MMM call, not good at all, and those sounds are more annoying than anything.
It's why I was hoping to pick up the ABC!

titansroostersfan
Titans on attack.. we have to score before half time. Would be nice

Great defence and attack by the titans sounds like they have really settled

Titanium_BD1103
Fraser Anderson just kicked it out on the Full... :)

Bad news, Mat Rogers looking groggy and taking a fair while to get back into the line, lets hope everything is ok.

Titans have been attacking well... but they just need to get a better finish.

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 06:47 PM
Where has this ref come from. Bad decisions

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 06:48 PM
Matt rogers head cut but back in match

Go rogers.

Anderson and rogers throwing these guys off the sideline.

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 06:49 PM
Fraser Anderson might be the Titans saviour, he is over the sideline again... :)

Mat Rogers apparently has a broken nose, but I ain't trusting the amateurs.

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 06:52 PM
geez those sharks scored.

Titans need to regroup and come out firing 2nd half

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 06:52 PM
**SCORE UPDATE-SPOILER- HALF TIME**

Gold Coast Titans- 6

Cronulla Sharks- 10

Tries: Williams, Anderson
Goals: Covell 1/2

Well it's half time, the Titans are looking good, but they are having lapses in concentration which are proving costly... and they need to keep their line, instead of running out to make the tackle, it is creating too many gaps.

The Titans can still win this, the Sharks don't look that good, however the Titans will need 40 mins of focus and some good last tackle options to get back to back sets.

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 06:55 PM
Half time people

Sounds like huge 1st half. They seem to panic for the most of the half and then they did settled down and scored and played some good footy.

But by the sound of it they panic when the team get too close to the line and that's when the oppostion scores.

Preston needs to be five-eighth. Sounds like fullback it really troubling him

Wolfpak
26-03-07, 06:55 PM
Dayum! I'm supposed to be at the game, but I'm just home from work (such is the day of a truck driver, you never know exactly when you will finish). If I left for Carrara now I wouldn't get there until full time, grrrrrrrrrrrr. Oh well, at least I can get score updates here.

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 06:57 PM
Head to the bar where the titans hang out lol i would go but work tomorrow and too far to come.

But got my titans jersury on supporting my team.

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:00 PM
Preston Campbell has done the more metre then any player in the team so far

108 metres.....1 line break....

Bailey has been working hard

85 metres....21 tackles....7 hitups....no missed tackles

Wolfpak
26-03-07, 07:00 PM
Good idea! But I've got an early start tomorrow :(

corbally
26-03-07, 07:03 PM
Two weeks in a row where Tiotans have let in a try right on half time..

Nevertheless GO TITANS

btw, a bit off-topic, but WTF is with the white writing in the skin? It makes forum jump a massive pain in the ass, you cant see jack crap!

Steelers
26-03-07, 07:18 PM
Laurie Daley really doesn't like the Titans much does he? He takes any opportunity he can to bag them.

And as I speak, the Sharks score a long range try.

Steelers
26-03-07, 07:20 PM
**SCORE UPDATE-SPOILER- 51 MINUTES**

Gold Coast Titans- 6

Cronulla Sharks- 16

Tries: Williams (2), Anderson
Goals: Covell 2/3

Roosterstitansfan
26-03-07, 07:21 PM
geez i walked away for 10 min and made a phone call and the sharks score geez.

Cmon titans

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:23 PM
Hey someone got a id name like mine geez wizz

The titans are panicing again i know it's only round 2 but these guys have to pull together and play some good footy

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 07:24 PM
**SCORE UPDATE-SPOILER- 56 MINUTES**

Gold Coast Titans- 12

Tries: Petersen, Minichiello
Goals: Campbell 2/2

Cronulla Sharks- 16

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:24 PM
try time titans woo hoo

10-16

Steelers
26-03-07, 07:25 PM
**SCORE UPDATE-SPOILER- 57 MINUTES**

Gold Coast Titans- 12

Tries: Petersen, Minichiello
Goals: Campbell 2/2

Cronulla Sharks- 16

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:25 PM
mini scores like his brother.....cmon titans let's just settle and do it again.

Great pass by prince and really got the team going.

Wolfpak
26-03-07, 07:26 PM
COME ON, TITANS!!!!

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:27 PM
Bailey back on the field damage control people

Prince finds touch 15 min from sharks line.

Cmon titans 21 min to go

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 07:29 PM
The Titans are looking good in patches but they are not running as a team in others... they need to keep listening and communicating, because the Sharks are starting to tire.

I reckon Hilder although he set up the last try, he needs to attack more, or Rogers needs to be in 5/8th, he is not getting enough ball... and the Sharks doing simple things are getting lots of metres.

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:31 PM
Top Tackles

Laffranchi 31
Bailey 23
N.Friend 23

Line Breaks

Petersen 1
Minichiello 1
Henderson 1

total tackles 214

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 07:33 PM
Great crowd 17,946.... Well done to all who attended in the GC for showing Rugby League is back in SE QLD.... :D :D

Both sides are looking like they are playing ping pong.. but the Sharks are playing very no-frills football... the Titans have momentum it seems... if they can put sets together, I think GC can win... :)

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:34 PM
The Titans are looking good in patches but they are not running as a team in others... they need to keep listening and communicating, because the Sharks are starting to tire.

I reckon Hilder although he set up the last try, he needs to attack more, or Rogers needs to be in 5/8th, he is not getting enough ball... and the Sharks doing simple things are getting lots of metres.

Yeah that's right if the titans hold on and just let the sharks tire out we should be right for a come back try.

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:36 PM
Preston does'nt still seem very comfortable in fullback. Can't they move him. He lets the ball bounce all the time and it's not good if a team runs up fast and gets the ball.

32 metres out cmon titans

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 07:36 PM
Here come the Titans... they are looking stronger and more determined than the Sharks... Prince puts up the bomb, but Ciraldo gets there... Titans coming home with the wet sail though... ;)

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:37 PM
Bailey and prince really pushing hard.

Once again preston let's the ball bounce geez can someone slap him around

CATCH THE BALL ON THE FULL CAMPBELL.

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 07:40 PM
Titans need to sort out their defense at the back... Paea and Campbell keep getting in each others way... either one goes after ball or they both go and stop when the first one get there...

After Bailey is unlucky with the pass, Bird loses the ball... pressure is getting to them all.

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:40 PM
Geez the titans need to not panic but we where lucky to get that back.

8 min to go titans....titans...titans....

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:42 PM
we have to score off this... cmon boys don't panic.

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 07:43 PM
Petersen has looked good tonight... good in support and creating chances for his playmakers to use to get him over on the edges, making a good debut.. :)

Very clever play by the Titans... Prince is going strong, Bull is running tough, Hilder is looking strong with the short kicks...

Campbell is in... VIDEO REF decision

TRY TIME TITANS SCORE 16-16 KICK TO COME.. :D :D

TITANS CONVERT 18-16

titansroostersfan
wooo hooo please campbell get that ball down

cmon please mr video ref

Steelers
Video ref on whether Presto grounded the ball, looks like he just huing onto the bludger!!

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:44 PM
Lucky preston campbell now hang on titans we need the 2 points this week.

TRY TIME TITANS

NOW HANG ON TITANS

Steelers
26-03-07, 07:44 PM
**SCORE UPDATE-SPOILER- 74 MINUTES**

Gold Coast Titans- 18

Tries: Petersen, Minichiello, Campbell
Goals: Campbell 3/3

Cronulla Sharks- 16

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:45 PM
Campbell Is A Legend Did Some Silly Mistakes But Makes Up For It

Go Titans

5min To Go

Hang In There Boys

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:46 PM
Are You Kidding Lose The Ball

Cmon Titans Tough Defence Or The Sharks Could Come Back

Swain Back On The Field

Woo Hoo Sharks Dropped The Ball Now

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 07:46 PM
WOOT... The Sharks drop the ball... pressure is pressure... GO TITANS GO.. :D :D

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:47 PM
4 Min To Go Titans Got The Ball Back

Run Hard Boys Run Hard

Give It To Rogers Or Webster

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 07:48 PM
Good work Luke Bailey... got back there and saved the charge down from Bird and restarted the tackle count.

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:48 PM
geez that was lucky another six for the titans

charge down we get the ball back

cmon boys

3 min to go

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:49 PM
tackle in goal bailey is working hard. What a buy this season.

2 min to go

hang in there titans

Steel Dragon
Come on boys...

Jason

titansroostersfan
We got the ball cmon boys slow the game down and hang on to that damn ball

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 07:50 PM
Go TITANS... that was superb defense and the Sharks don't get to the end... :)

CMON TITANS... Prince steps... Laffranchi runs... Friend has it and loses it... CMON TITANS DEFEND.... :)

WOOT THE TITANS WIN... :D :D :D

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:50 PM
about 1 min to go

cmon titans

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 07:51 PM
20 sec to go

woo hoo titans win
we got the game

Steelers
FINAL SCORE

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx15325.gif

Gold Coast Titans- 18

Tries: Petersen, Minichiello, Campbell
Goals: Campbell 3/3

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx6623.gif

Cronulla Sharks- 16

titansroostersfan
well done boys first win at home

Steve
GO TITANS!
GO PRESTON!

Damn, I wish i'd made it!

Kingytek
26-03-07, 07:52 PM
Great Win Boys.....Great Win!
That is history right there!

Steel Dragon
GO THE MIGHTY GOLD COAST TITANS!!!!!!

Jason

Steelers
Crowd is absolutely going off! Great win by the boys!

Queenslander
26-03-07, 07:53 PM
Today is a day to remember.

THE TITANS HAVE WON THEIR FIRST GAME!!!!!!!

corbally
26-03-07, 07:54 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steel Dragon
Damn pay TV. I wish I could have seen it.

Jason

Steelers
Scotty Prince wins a well deserved MOTM award.

Poida
26-03-07, 07:55 PM
Good win to the Titans :):)

Victor
Woooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!1

titansroostersfan
the game will be on nrl site tomorrow going to watch the game.

Just have to wait till tomorrow

geez what a night for the titans and there name first on the trophey they where playing for.

Steel Dragon
So I gather the Sharks were wearing their silly grey and white away uniform?

Jason

Steelers
26-03-07, 07:56 PM
So I gather the Sharks were wearing their silly grey and white away uniform?

Jason

Spot on Jason :p

Cowboys_Rabbit_Fan
Congratulations Titans!!! That Is Awesome!!!

Poida
the game will be on nrl site tomorrow going to watch the game.

Just have to wait till tomorrow

geez what a night for the titans and there name first on the trophey they where playing for.

I got game taped for me :):)

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 08:01 PM
Congratulations To The Gold Coast Titans On Their First NRL Win.. :D :D

What a great game... perhaps not the most greatest win you'll ever see, but it's a win at home in Game 1... fantastic win... and it's great to see the celebration and the massive crowds screaming and cheering... :)

I must say a big congrats to Bailey and Prince for leading the side so well, to all the team for never giving up and never giving in and to the fans for creating such an atmosphere and getting the team home.

There are plenty of improvements to be made, but those are for tomorrow, tonight we should all celebrate the Titans first win in the NRL, and may there be many more to come... :)

Poida
26-03-07, 08:03 PM
Congratulations To The Gold Coast Titans On Their First NRL Win.. :D :D

What a great game... perhaps not the most greatest win you'll ever see, but it's a win at home in Game 1... fantastic win... and it's great to see the celebration and the massive crowds screaming and cheering... :)

Cant wait for Round 8 when they take on the Cowboys ( Hope they have their current form leading into it :))

corbally
26-03-07, 08:03 PM
Hello Paddy. :D

Poida
26-03-07, 08:05 PM
Hello Paddy. :D

Hey corbally :):) Whats up?

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 08:08 PM
Top Players

Preston Campbell - 10 Points...1 Try....3 Goals...2 Line Break...3 tackles...147 metres.

Scott Prince- 14 tackles...5 missed tackles...66 metre

Luke Bailey-31 tackles...3 missed...13 hitups...1 offload...162 metres

Matt Petersen- 4 points..1 try..1 line break..10 tackles..79 metres

Laffranchi- 40 tackles...7 hitups..2 offloads..119 metres

titansroostersfan
26-03-07, 08:10 PM
Tackles 290
Line Break 5
Hit Ups 61
Missed Tackles 34
Errors 10

Great stuff by the titans

corbally
26-03-07, 08:11 PM
Hey corbally :):) Whats up?

Just finished watching Titans win :D Since the SIDHE forums are kinda dead, i decided to come on here.

Robbie_Dee
26-03-07, 08:17 PM
AWESOME win by the Titans!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Bring on next week!!!!!

Capital_Shark
26-03-07, 08:26 PM
Congrats Titans. A good game, maybe could have been a little better had Shane Hayne buggered off a bit. Don't get me wrong, not blaming the ref for the loss at all, I thought both teams could be dirty on his inconsistency.

Both teams can learn a lot from this match and I believe both will be better for the game.

Might say more tomorrow, still a bit cranky. But if I had to be beaten by anyone, I'm glad it was the Titans. Now with that match out of the way, I can ride both on the edge of my seat.

Once again, good win Titans. Fully deserved.

Steelers
26-03-07, 08:28 PM
Congrats Titans. A good game, maybe could have been a little better had Shane Hayne buggered off a bit. Don't get me wrong, not blaming the ref for the loss at all, I thought both teams could be dirty on his inconsistency.

He was pretty shabby tonight, luckily enough though his bad calls evened out between both teams.

jenny
26-03-07, 08:29 PM

Both teams can learn a lot from this match and I believe both will be better for the game.

Might say more tomorrow, still a bit cranky. But if I had to be beaten by anyone, I'm glad it was the Titans. Now with that match out of the way, I can ride both on the edge of my seat.

Once again, good win Titans. Fully deserved.

Onya Sharkey........Yep well done Titans!

Titanium_BD1103
26-03-07, 08:39 PM
Here it is... a piece of history, one of the first news reports of the GC's maiden NRL win.... :D :D

Titans bag maiden win

The NRL's newest franchise has taken just two rounds to open their account, with the Gold Coast Titans coming from behind to beat the Sharks 18-16 in a thriller at Carrara Stadium on Monday evening.

Down 16-6 with 30 minutes remaining, Wests Tigers recruit Scott Prince and former Shark Preston Campbell combined to steer the Titans home in their first NRL match on the Gold Coast.

Prince and five-eighth Matt Hilder put Mark Minichiello over in the 57th minute and then Prince's short pass to Campbell saw the little full-back force his way over with six minutes remaining.

Campell made it three conversions from three to put the Titans in front and ultimately give them the win.

The Sharks led 10-6 at half-time in "the battle of the beaches" after scoring just seconds before the break.

They had opened proceedings inside the first minute, capitalising on a mistake from Campbell who tried to see a kick over the sideline.

Instead he watched on helplessly as Luke Covell toed the ball through for Reece Williams who scored.

The Titans bounced back in the 17th minute with a try to winger Matt Petersen, making his NRL debut for the club in the absence of the injured Chris Walker.

Campbell tied up the scores but the Sharks ensured a lead at the break when North Queensland recruit Josh Hannay bamboozled Titans opposite Mat Rogers.

Deft footwork allowed Hannay to get a pass away to winger Fraser Anderson who crossed in the corner.

The Sharks extended their lead in the 50th minute with Anderson making the break which resulted in Williams going in under the posts for his second try.

But Titans coach John Cartwright had the last laugh against Ricky Stuart, his former mentor at the Sydney Roosters.

Capital_Shark
26-03-07, 08:43 PM
He was pretty shabby tonight, luckily enough though his bad calls evened out between both teams.

Oh, no doubt. I mean I was on spewing when it went against the Sharks, but after the emotions settled and I took off the Sharks hat I could see it went both ways. But Shane is a knob at the best of times so what can ya expect.

Onya Sharkey........Yep well done Titans!

I can be a sore loser if ya get to me within 10 mins of the game, but after a breather, and the emotions have settled, ya gotta realise you can't win 'em all and if your out done your out done. And thats what we were tonight. Full credit to the Titans. Like I said, both teams will learn a lot from this match and be better for it. Can't wait till the next time we meet.

DeeGan
26-03-07, 08:49 PM
I have a bit to do tonight which will include celebrating history though hats off to the Cronulla Sharks and in particular Lance Thompson who must be close to an Origin birth.

This was a quality throw back football game with neither side giving too much.

Cronulla will compete for a top eight spot on the back of their last two games - no doubt in my mind. They have the makings of a very good football side.

Capital_Shark
26-03-07, 08:56 PM
I have a bit to do tonight which will include celebrating history though hats off to the Cronulla Sharks and in particular Lance Thompson who must be close to an Origin birth.

This was a quality throw back football game with neither side giving too much.

Cronulla will compete for a top eight spot on the back of their last two games - no doubt in my mind. They have the makings of a very good football side.

As the Sharks bloke here I applaud your modesty. Since you've brought it up I agree Thommo is going great guns. But so are a lot of 2nd rowers, Laffranchi (sp?) for one.

I think we've got a way to go to make the 8, but it is only round 2, so there is plenty of time. And we all know from the Cowboys and Broncos, the first 6 or so rounds mean NOTHING.

On ya DeeGan, congrats on the win and the modesty. Hopefully plenty more wins for both teams.

DeeGan
26-03-07, 09:38 PM
No problems mate.

Ricky Stuart and his staff have already made an impression on your side, they will be a better team at the end of the year as opposed to round two.

If a 'benefit of the doubt' ruling goes your way, your two from two ...

You gotta' love this competition :D

Helen
26-03-07, 09:40 PM
20 sec to go

woo hoo titans win
we got the game

Music to my ears urm eyes.... :)

I have never been this nervous over a game.

Helen

Parra Petty
26-03-07, 09:42 PM
Hey everyone,

What a game!!

Here's my take on proceedings -

http://www.league.net.au/gold-coast-win-a-titanic-struggle/

Good on Preston for coming back after that monumnental error in the fist minute, and special mention to Scott Prince for showing the courage and spirit to play under less then an ideal preperation!!

Well done boys!

Parra Petty

Capital_Shark
26-03-07, 09:42 PM
Oh no doubt they'll have an impact. As most here probably know I have no ambitions of a premiership let alone a grand final berth for the Sharks. Just as long as they're competitive each week, you can't ask for much more. Ricky's hard line coaching style will wake some boys up that first grade ain't the walk in the park like most have had at Cronulla the last few years.

I called the try but, as much as I hated to do it, I believe it was a try. Lost control but regathered before it touched opposition or the ground. Had I been the video ref without my blue, black and white glasses, it would have been a flat out try, not even benefit of the doubt.

Tamwelg
26-03-07, 10:21 PM
Just got home from work, OMG our first NRL win, WOO HOO, I am so happy :D

Cowboy Titan
26-03-07, 10:45 PM
Ricky was quite gracious in his post match press conference. He didn't say much about the Sharks but went on to say how happy he was for John Cartwright.

It was a fantastic game to be at and an awesome feeling when we went in for that last try.

I think the team would be alot better off with Preston at 5/8 alongside Prince. We've got some other options for full back but Preston needs to be more involved to help out with kicking duties and organisation. He had a major stuff up to start the game but was flawless for the rest of the match including taking 2 sharp kicks on the fly. You would have thought it was a forward barrelling over for the last try.

Hopefully Bailey doesn't have any serious problems. Apparently he was having leg troubles. Maybe we're lucky he was going a bit slower and was behind the line when the kick was charged down. That could have been very dangerous.

Well done to all at the club. You've shown us that we've got a team to be pretty excited about this year.

DeeGan
27-03-07, 11:19 AM
From www.titans.com.au

Gold Coast Titans 18 – Cronulla 16
Venue: Gold Coast Stadium
Crowd: 17,946

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have scored a dramatic come from behind victory over the Cronulla Sharks with the diminutive Preston Campbell crossing over in the 74th minute to deliver the club’s first historic win.

Man of the match Scott Prince passed the ball inside to Campbell who appeared to have lost the ball from his grasp when tackled over the line by Brett Kearney. Video ref Tim Mander gave ‘benefit of the doubt’ to the Titans and Preston kicked the match winning conversion.

An exuberant Campbell said, "It's always a good feeling to be able to get your team home, everyone likes that sort of thing. But to be able to do it with the side I started with is even better."

Preston Campbell’s opening minute gaffe saw the Sharks hit to the lead after back rower Reece Williams scored his first of the night off a Luke Covell kick.

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans replied in the 17th minute with recalled winger Matt Petersen crossing over in the right hand corner. Petersen had come in to the side for the injured Chris Walker and was solid on debut.

Cronulla went in to half time with the lead after Fraser Anderson capitalized on a late half penalty awarded to the Sharks for an obstruction. The next set of six saw Josh Hannay turn Mat Rogers inside out drawing in Lelea Paea from his wing leaving Anderson unmarked to score.

Running in to a strong head wind in the second half, the Titans had it all to do after Reece Williams scored in the 50th minute of the match.

Fraser Anderson took the ball on his own thirty-metre line and beat four Titans defenders drawing Preston Campbell putting Williams away untouched. Covell converted, the Sharks led 16-6 with half hour to play.

Faced with a ten-point deficit, Scott Prince and Luke Bailey led from the front providing the leadership John Cartwright was looking for from his co-captains.

Replacement hooker Nathan Friend started the revival putting Michael Henderson through a hole in the 54th minutes. The young prop linked with his outside men and the played ended with Mat Rogers being pulled down fifteen metres out from the try line.

With the Sharks defensive line vulnerable, Scott Prince moved the ball right before coming back to the left with Matt Hilder putting the ball on the chest of Mark Minichiello who scored under the posts. Preston converted, with twenty-three minutes to play; the momentum had shifted to the Titans who trailed 16-12.

The Cronulla Sharks were their own worst enemy three times turning the ball over on the first tackle when winning the ball from the scrum.

Matt Hilder, once again impressive at five-eight, put through a clever kick in the 72nd minute and caught the Sharks in-goal with a good kick chase. The repeat set proved costly for Cronulla with Campbell scoring the match winner.

"I love him, he's just got to be in the side somewhere each week," Cartwright said of Campbell. "He's tough and he plays with his heart on his sleeve, there's nothing of him but he will run into the biggest guy on the field and what that does for the side psychologically, no one can quantify."

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans victory sees them placed ninth on the NRL table and they face a tough test away from home up in round three against the Canterbury Bulldogs who are yet to taste victory in 2007.

Gold Coast Titans 18 (Matt Petersen, Mark Minichiello, Preston Campbell Goals: Preston Campbell 3/3) def. Cronulla Sharks 16 (Reece Williams (2), Fraser Anderson Goals: Luke Covell 2/3)

MATCH SUMMARY

1m – Try – Reece Williams (0-4)
3m – Conversion – Luke Covell (0-6)
17m – Try – Matt Petersen (4-6)
18m – Conversion – Preston Campbell (6-6)
40m – Try – Fraser Anderson (6-10)
50m – Try – Reece Williams (6-14)
51m - Conversion – Luke Covell (6-16)
56m – Try – Mark Minichiello (10-16)
57m – Conversion – Preston Campbell (12-16)
74m - Try – Preston Campbell (16-16)
75m – Conversion – Preston Campbell (18-16)

Statistics

TACKLES

1. Anthony Laffranchi – 45
2. Luke Bailey – 33
3. Nathan Friend – 22

HIT UPS

1. Luke Bailey – 16
2. Kris Kahler – 11
3. Anthony Laffranchi – 11

METRES GAINED

1. Luke Bailey – 197
2. Preston Campbell – 149