View Full Version : Round 2: North Queensland Cowboys vs Sydney Roosters

Queenslander
20-03-07, 07:35 PM
North Queensland Cowboys Vs Sydney Roosters
Saturday 24th March, 7:30 pm; Dairy Farmers Stadium

Referee: Gavin Badger

Team Notes:

Cowboys

- Paul Bowman make his season debut from injury replacing Mark Henry in the centres.

Roosters

- Chris Anderson shows faith in his side by naming an unchanged 17 to the team that was beaten by South Sydney 18-6.

Teams:

http://i5.tinypic.com/30dihbn.jpg

Cowboys

1. Matt Bowen
2 Brenton Bowen
3 Ashley Graham
4 Paul Bowman
5 Neil Sweeney
6 Jason Smith
7 Johnathan Thurston (c)
8 Matthew Scott
9 Aaron Payne
10 Carl Webb
11 Steve Southern
12 Luke O’Donnell
13 Justin Smith
Interchange

14 Rod Jensen
15 Jacob Lillyman
16 Sione Faumuina
17 Shane Tronc

http://i5.tinypic.com/2rrl5si.jpg

Roosters

1 Anthony Minichiello
2 Sam Perrett
3 Iosia Soliola
4 Joel Monaghan
5 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6 Mitchell Aubusson
7 Josh Lewis
8 Chris Beattie
9 Craig Wing
10 Danny Nutley
11 Anthony Tupou
12 Craig Fitzgibbon (c)
13 Braith Anasta
Interchange

14 Charles Tonga
15 Nate Myles
16 Mickey Paea
17 Lopini Paea

***Please use this thread for game day spoilers and general match information***

Coaster
20-03-07, 07:36 PM
Will be a cricket score if they use that single marker defence again.

Gonzalez
20-03-07, 10:12 PM
Henry should feel a bit dirty being dropped. He had a great performance. If I was to replace anyone for Bowman, it would have been Sweeney.

Poida
20-03-07, 11:43 PM
Henry should feel a bit dirty being dropped. He had a great performance. If I was to replace anyone for Bowman, it would have been Sweeney.

I agree mate. Bowman does deserve a spot but Henry also deserved another go.
Gonna be hard Round 4 when Ty Williams returns

Poida
21-03-07, 12:01 AM
I remember when I first joined it was the week the Cowboys got belted 40-20 by the Roosters :(.
Time for revenge up in Townsville :)
GO THE COWBOYS

Queenslander
21-03-07, 07:39 PM
Cowboys VS Roosters Preview
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 1:26 PM

A short preparation and a journey to the Tropics could make for a tough week for the Roosters.

Form: North Queensland began with the same zing that marked their start to the 2006 season and the addition of veteran Jason Smith to the mix promises to add a new dimension to the Cowboys? attack. The Roosters showed little sign of rejuvenation in a 12-point loss to the Rabbitohs.

History: The Roosters have been a major bogey team for the Cowboys over the years. In 19 meetings, the Townsville men have won only twice.

Danger sign: It is one thing to recognise the threat posed by fullback Matt Bowen and halfback Johnathan Thurston. It is another thing entirely to contain them for 80 minutes.

Best Bet? Take the Cowboys giving start.

Money-spinner: High temperatures in Townsville could limit scoring. Look to a 21-30 range in Total Match Points betting.

Source: Big League

Poida
21-03-07, 07:47 PM
Who do you think will win Queenslander and the margin?:)
I say Cows by 13

Queenslander
21-03-07, 07:48 PM
Who do you think will win Queenslander and the margin?:)
I say Cows by 13

Cowboys should easily win by at least 16.

NRLChick
21-03-07, 09:09 PM
Bad luck for Henry, I thought he had a great game against the Broncos.

Anyways, Cowboys by 8 Vs Roosters.

Capital_Shark
21-03-07, 09:50 PM
From the way Anderson spoke at the press conference after the Monday game, he'll be employing the one marker defense again, so Cows by at least 20. Bowen for a hat trick.

Poida
21-03-07, 09:51 PM
From the way Anderson spoke at the press conference after the Monday game, he'll be employing the one marker defense again, so Cows by at least 20. Bowen for a hat trick.

Hahaha perhaps they might get 50 :p
Nah wont get that far ahead but who knows :)

TITAN PETE
21-03-07, 11:45 PM
The Roosters got flogged on a very wet track last week but they'll be smashed this week if they use the same marker defence this week on a fast track.
Cowboys 36-20

Poida
21-03-07, 11:57 PM
The Roosters got flogged on a very wet track last week but they'll be smashed this week if they use the same marker defence this week on a fast track.
Cowboys 36-20

From what Capital Shark says the Roosters will do the one man marker again.

Bernster
22-03-07, 01:10 AM
By the looks of things, The Rorter$ are going to get OWNED BIGTIME by Payney, Grandpa, JT and CO

Gonzalez
22-03-07, 02:01 AM
Hopefully we absolutely carve up, I'm confident - yet wary...I don't wanna' get ahead of myself here. Lol. Cowboys by at LEAST 12.

ivano88
23-03-07, 11:32 AM
Well well well what do we have here? The Cowboys have proven so far that they are a team that can get out of any situation, albeit the refereeing, but we will not go into that lol. The Roosters were surprise losers last week to a strong Bunnies outfit, and Ando will have to sort his players out to cut out the backs in the Cowboys outfit. Bowen and Thurston were stars last week against the Broncos and I think that they will come out victors in this match against a weary Roosters outfit. Cowboys by a good 22 points or so.

Poida
24-03-07, 11:15 AM
:):) The games tonight.
Cowboys have only won 2 games ever against the Roosters lets improve on that.

Good luck boys :):):)
GO THE COWBOYS

Poida
24-03-07, 11:03 PM
Cowboys 30-6 :D:D:D:D
GO THE COWS keep it up

Poida
24-03-07, 11:23 PM
Cowboys 42-6
What a runaway win :D:D:D

Poida
24-03-07, 11:38 PM
What an outstanding performance. Im glad I got the game taped to watch when it comes :):)
43-6 :D:D:D

Cowboy Titan
25-03-07, 12:16 AM
Great win by the Cowboys. All the forwards were great and Thursty & Matt Bowen were brilliant.

Hopefully Jason Smith's injury isn't as serious as it looked. He was playing a great game until he did his ankle.

DeeGan
25-03-07, 08:20 AM
I watched the replay this morning (dinner became a blur after a few shared bottles of some of the Hunter's finest red wine!) and the Cowboys are starting out like they did in 2006 - white hot.

There will be outlandish comments made by the media though I am not buying in to it just yet. A long, long season ahead.

Johnathan Thurston is the best player in the game - Joey would be advised to not make himself available for Test selection as he wouldn't beat out the incumbent Australian halfback.

Matt Bowen has long been a favourite of mine and it was great to see him once again in rare form.

Prediction: Opes Anderson will be gone at the end of the year as the in house push for Brad Fittler gathers momentum ;)

Poida
25-03-07, 08:55 AM
The fact Bowen got tries says this start will be different to last season. Last season Bowen had a drought but hes already got 3 tries so this will be a good season. Cowboys on fire at the right time. They will continue to be .

DeeGan
25-03-07, 08:57 AM
The right time to be on fire is during September ;)

Last season as a Cowboys fans should have taught you at least that much.

Poida
25-03-07, 09:10 AM
The right time to be on fire is during September ;)

Last season as a Cowboys fans should have taught you at least that much.

I mean to start the season on fire is good way to go into Origin period then when Origin players return they can power their way into the finals. Cowboys shouldnt have any problems around Origin time anyway. I think their form will stick.

Capital_Shark
25-03-07, 07:48 PM
Only caught bits and pieces of this game but I knew what'd happen anyway. I predicted a Bowen hat trick, how many did he pocket last night?

And DeeGan is right, Freddy to be Roosters '08 coach.

Poida
25-03-07, 07:52 PM
Only caught bits and pieces of this game but I knew what'd happen anyway. I predicted a Bowen hat trick, how many did he pocket last night?

And DeeGan is right, Freddy to be Roosters '08 coach.

Both Bowens and Thurston bagged a double :):)

Capital_Shark
25-03-07, 07:56 PM
Both Bowens and Thurston bagged a double :):)

Well, I guess I only said "Bowen for a hat trick" so combining Matty's and Brenton's doubles, I was right :p

Poida
25-03-07, 08:08 PM
Michel had taped the game for me so Ill enjoy some viewing on Tuesday watching them carve the wooden spooners :p

Poida
25-03-07, 08:19 PM
Steelers you mentioned a Cowboys v Dragons rant thread ages ago?:p

Poida
25-03-07, 10:01 PM
Who got man of the match?

NRLChick
26-03-07, 07:57 AM
Carl Webb

Poida
27-03-07, 10:16 AM
Why the hell wasnt Shillington sent off?
He made several disgraceful high tackles. Nutley was no better.

Capital_Shark
27-03-07, 03:16 PM
Why the hell wasnt Shillington sent off?
He made several disgraceful high tackles. Nutley was no better.

Because rugby league is a contact sport.

I don't even thing there was anything in that tackle on Southern that Thurston blew up about. Shillington come in over Bluey's shoulder, a warning on the run from the ref would have been sufficient, any penalty should have been to Thurston for running in and stirring things up. He's gotta remember he's the skipper this year.

Poida
27-03-07, 03:24 PM
Because rugby league is a contact sport.

I don't even thing there was anything in that tackle on Southern that Thurston blew up about. Shillington come in over Bluey's shoulder, a warning on the run from the ref would have been sufficient, any penalty should have been to Thurston for running in and stirring things up. He's gotta remember he's the skipper this year.

Yes it is contact but Im just blowing up because I hate high shots ;)
Mainly the one on Bowman and Bowen i blew up about