PDA

View Full Version : The Legion Update

DeeGan
13-03-07, 11:35 PM
The Legion Update

'The Legion' website/brand launch will be delayed until early to mid next week following this weekend's game vs St George Illawarra at Suncorp Stadium.

We appologise for the inconvenience.

I won't go in to much detail though research suggests the majority of our fans attending the weekend game have already purchased their tickets so organising ticketing allocation proves to be a fruitless event robbing other rugby league fans an opportunity to be part of history.

'The Legion' will organise a photo opportunity before the game this Sunday at the Wally Lewis statue - I encourage ALL Gold Coast Titans fans attending the game to join in! This will be a great opportunity to meet and greet your fellow Gold Coast Titans fans.

A time will be posted soon.

What now?

Here are some key dates:

Wednesday 14th March, 2007 - A new look Jetstar Gold Coast Titans website and forum will be launched!

Thursday 15th March, 2007 - Round one game preview, enhancements made to 'The Legion' forums in preparation for our debut at home.

Sunday 18th March, 2007 - History is made, the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans will make their first appearance in the NRL premiership.

Monday 19th March, 2007 - Meeting with the Titans administration to finalise our long awaited official debut at home as a NRL premiership team and finalise the Legion membership launch campaign.

With the enhancement made to 'The Legion' forums, we will be asking for volunteers on game day. Those who have contacted can post their expressions of interest there.

Queries can be sent to deegan@titans.com.au

Boofhead
14-03-07, 12:27 AM
Definitely exciting times ahead! Looking forward to meeting everyone this weekend.

Oooh. New forums too, nice.

DeeGan
24-03-07, 10:06 AM
In an effort to curb the frustration of members waiting on the Legion to be launched - it is out my hands unfortunately.

The club is on board with the Legion being formed and are going through the correct avenues to ensure all T's are cross, all I's dotted in terms of marketing, merchandise etc.

The Legion website is ready to go, the club just has to link it to www.titans.com.au

In an worse case scenario, we will host in temporarily somewhere else until the club can provide access to the one dedicated server.

Thank you all for your patience.

DeeGan
24-03-07, 10:26 AM
See here (http://www.titans.com.au/index.php?mod=membership&type=the_legion).

travop
25-03-07, 03:06 PM
will the gc titans have a bay dedicated to the legion like the queenland roar surpporters club "the den" have???????

TDoGGBulldog
25-03-07, 03:12 PM
And like the Bulldogs supporters at Telstra have "The Kennel" ?

DeeGan
25-03-07, 08:46 PM
Yes and yes.

DIEHARD
05-04-07, 02:22 AM
http://www.titanlegion.com/

Site is up. It is a slimline version giving us time to work on phase 2, a really flash version. It still needs polishing, but unfortunately I am off to Sydney now, so it needs to suffice until Monday.

GO TITANS!!!!

~lee~
05-04-07, 07:40 AM
Very impressive looking site. Its seems like it will be very informative to the fans. I like the blog idea. Will all news be on the front page or is there to be a news link on the menu to be added?

Steve
05-04-07, 07:49 AM
Looks good!
Can't wait to see it fully functional.
That'll give those rebels something to think about!
Oh wait, that's the death star.

DIEHARD
05-04-07, 07:53 AM
Very impressive looking site. Its seems like it will be very informative to the fans. I like the blog idea. Will all news be on the front page or is there to be a news link on the menu to be added?

The menu will get a major revamp with a lot of new pages being added, but I think all new news articles will pass through the front of the site and being archived into different categories.

Later on we'll add more people to our blogging team. It's something a bit different.

travop
05-04-07, 06:42 PM
its not there
i clicked on it but it said comin soon

Titanium_BD1103
05-04-07, 06:50 PM
Travop, clear your cookies... it's still showing the old page... :)

Had a sneaky check at work today... looks great for a startup site.. I am very happy with it and can't wait to see the improvements.

You can put my name down there in the members profiles section too and I might do a blog from time to time when they become available.

Great idea and original as well, I love it and well done to DIEHARD, DeeGan and all involved... :D :D

Steelers
05-04-07, 06:50 PM
Looking good so far. Just wondering, will there be a link to the Legion site available on the Titans home page? It would get you alot more traffic I reckon.

Social Loafer
05-04-07, 07:22 PM
Love Diehard's blog about being behind enemy lines, can't wait until the titans head to Canberra, I dare say your legion will be hopelessly out numbered, but that is half the fun of going to away matches.;)

DeeGan
05-04-07, 07:39 PM
Plenty more to come - we rushed it through to ensure we will be up for this weekend's game!

DeeGan
05-04-07, 08:44 PM
Looking good so far. Just wondering, will there be a link to the Legion site available on the Titans home page? It would get you alot more traffic I reckon.

Yes.

The domain as it is will be temporary.

Cheers,

travop
07-04-07, 02:15 PM
Travop, clear your cookies... it's still showing the old page... :)

thanks didnt think of that

PROMETHEUS
09-04-07, 07:55 PM
Gday all,finally made it back on after the updates...looks fantastic!
Good win on sunday,heres to another win on friday night!

Helen
22-04-07, 11:25 AM
Just had my first peek and the site is looking good :)

I added the site to my links page to see if that will help generate traffic.

Helen