PDA

View Full Version : Titans on TV

West_Titan
13-03-07, 01:19 AM
I am one of the unlucky souls to have to miss game one live and that because of lack of funds and because i live in Perth :cry:
Anyway, on a brighter note i was just checking my local TV guide and channel 9 are showing the game here on Sunday at 2pm. It has so raised my spirits and i am soooooooooo HAPPPYYY!!!! :D

Go Titans on Sunday and I will have my tv soooo loud you'll hear it on the Coast.

DIEHARD
13-03-07, 08:40 AM
So Channel 9 Perth are actually showing the game at a decent time?

DeeGan
13-03-07, 08:43 AM
ANY rugby league at a decent time is only a positive - let's hope the trend continues in 2007.

Tamwelg
13-03-07, 09:17 AM
I am one of the unlucky souls to have to miss game one live and that because of lack of funds and because i live in Perth :cry:
Anyway, on a brighter note i was just checking my local TV guide and channel 9 are showing the game here on Sunday at 2pm. It has so raised my spirits and i am soooooooooo HAPPPYYY!!!! :D

Go Titans on Sunday and I will have my tv soooo loud you'll hear it on the Coast.

WOW rugby league at 2pm on a Sunday in Perth, their finally getting their act together over here :D.

Hindyscrack
13-03-07, 12:38 PM
Thats great news! Hopefully it continues that way in Perth in 07...

Des
13-03-07, 05:51 PM
I am thinking that the Western Reds still have a bit of clout over there. I read a little while ago that they are going to try for an NRL license again. This can only be good for the game. It is the NATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE (NRL). Not Eastern Australia Rugby League. Boot the Warriors out and give the license to the Reds. It will then be the NRL not NRLNZ. Good on Channel 9 for promoting the game over there at a decent time.

Tamwelg
13-03-07, 07:15 PM
I am thinking that the Western Reds still have a bit of clout over there. I read a little while ago that they are going to try for an NRL license again. This can only be good for the game. It is the NATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE (NRL). Not Eastern Australia Rugby League. Boot the Warriors out and give the license to the Reds. It will then be the NRL not NRLNZ. Good on Channel 9 for promoting the game over there at a decent time.

Yeah, the western Reds have just started a team in the local W.A. comp and are currently attempting to make their way back into the NRL. It won't really effect me because I'll be back on the Gold Coast, but I hope it does happen for the Rugby league fans over here.

more info here http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8414

TITAN PETE
13-03-07, 08:59 PM

The Broncos or Roosters would be booted before the Warriors are ever kicked out of this comp , they bring in more cash to the NRL than most other teams combined but well done to 9 & WARL for waking up to "THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL " :!: !

West_Titan
14-03-07, 12:57 AM
I agree. Well Done 9. My Sunday will be spent ALL DAY in front of the TV.
F1 in Melbourne and then the Mighty Titans at 2pm. I will write a letter to 9 the thank them and also let them know that it's a great thing having the worlds best game on at a great time. Who needs 7? i watched a couple of the NAB cup games (AFL) on 7 and it was appauling, they really are doing a poor job especially with the ads when a goal is kicked and ads even in the middle of play for no reason, aaarrrgggghhhh sooooo annoying :box: .

So, thank you 9 for bringing Rugby to the WEST :D and lets hope it only gets better from here with heaps more games.

P.S. I just faxed my order to the Bulletin for my copy of Thursdays paper for the Titans lift out. I love the Gold Coast!!!

Cowboy Titan
14-03-07, 11:26 AM
WOW rugby league at 2pm on a Sunday in Perth, their finally getting their act together over here :D.
I guess a good thing has come out of Nine losing the AFL rights. More time now to show our game.

bigjim
14-03-07, 11:44 AM
2.00pm telecast in Perth is great, but I was really shocked and pleasantly surprised at a 4.00pm telecast on Channel nine on the Gold Coast.
Only about one hour delay.

Looking forward to a great seaon of league.

Back to back games Friday night on Nine.
Four games telecast on Fox Saturday and Sunday and
now Monday night football on Fox.

I'll drink to that.:beer:

I've died and gone to heaven.

Throb
14-03-07, 01:58 PM
I think they have to delay the telecast so they at least can edit out some swearing, and also chuck in adverts at the appropriate times...

Des
14-03-07, 04:20 PM
I agree with you there West Titan. If 7 was ever to broadcast an NRL game, to which will never happen, imagine how boring the commentary would be. It would be like watching an NFL game. 80mins of footy + 2hrs of ads. Onya Channel 9. Stick it to Seven :fence: :fence:

West_Titan
22-03-07, 01:11 AM
Sunday was awesome. As promised, channel 9 delivered. The Titans were on at 2pm here in Perth. It all worked out well. The F1 was great Fisi beat Massa and then it was in time to switch to 9 and settle down to watch the Titans. Although it was a close game and a lose i thank you 9 for letting me watch it and doing and amazing job.

By the way!!! How many of you saw yourselves on tv?:)