PDA

View Full Version : Lockyer injured-in hospital

Super Cronk
07-11-05, 11:20 PM
KANGAROOS captain Darren Lockyer suffered a foot injury in training today but Australia team officials were non-committal about his future in the Tri Nations rugby league series.

Forward Nathan Hindmarsh also aggravated his knee during the session and his hopes of making a comeback from the injury that forced him out of the NRL finals is slipping away.

Coach Wayne Bennett said he could not know the extent of Lockyer's damage until he underwent scans in a Paris hospital.

Lockyer slipped and fell during a game of touch the end of the session at Surenes Rugby Union Club on the outskirts of the French capital.

He was due to be rested from this weekend's Test against France to allow Bennett to assess other players for the remaining Tri Nations game against Great Britain and the expected series final against New Zealand.

Fiji-born prop Petero Civoniceva could become the first non-Australian to lead the Kangaroos into a Test if given the job against France at Perpignan

foxsports.com.au

Steelers
07-11-05, 11:36 PM
Fiji-born prop Petero Civoniceva could become the first non-Australian to lead the Kangaroos into a Test if given the job against France at Perpignan

What captaincy experience does Civenoceva have? Prince, Barrett and Gower captain their club sides, and 2 of the 3 will be playing. Why should someone who has never captained at club level become captain of an international side?

DIEHARD
07-11-05, 11:36 PM
This is horrible news! Our fearless leader out of action!

But at least the Kangaroos have the luxury of calling up Trent Barrett. How many other nations have that depth?

I hope Locky is ok and cleared for our Test against Britain in 2 weeks...

I'll be glued to the news...

DeeGan
07-11-05, 11:51 PM
He will be right got the next GB test :)

As for the captaincy issue, Danny Buderus IF Lockyer is not fit is the logical choice given he is the NSW captain wouldn't ya' think :erm: Perhaps he is being bumped down the order for Petero and Tate? :p

For the one off test against France I assume Danny Buderus and Steve Price are being rested if they are not being mentioned as candidates.

I think Gower, Prince and Barrett would be hindered by the fact that they are not in Bennett's starting 13 on a regular basis.

DeeGan

DeeGan
07-11-05, 11:56 PM
This from another thread:

While Steve Price is also to be rested against France so he can recover from niggling injuries, fellow prop Petero Civoniceva has put his hand up to play again.

Cool. Though no mention of Buderus's availablility in the same article.

I imagine he will be reseted with perhaps Gower, Barrett and Prince sharing time in the dummy half position as Ricky Stuart and Allan Langer did in 1994.

DeeGan

Dakink
08-11-05, 08:41 AM
Just on Sunrise,

Lockyer is out for up to 3 months and will miss the rest of the Tri-Nations!!!

Queenslander
08-11-05, 11:18 AM
Just on Sunrise,

Lockyer is out for up to 3 months and will miss the rest of the Tri-Nations!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that sounds like a lie, it cant be true :')

Super Cronk
08-11-05, 11:28 AM
oh no this means.....barret will be in...arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dakink
08-11-05, 11:33 AM
Yep Barett will be in and tell me when he has ever let a rep team down?

Teegy
08-11-05, 11:37 AM
Wats wrong wit Barrett???

ANy news on if they are sending any replacements over

Super Cronk
08-11-05, 11:50 AM
Wats wrong wit Barrett???

ANy news on if they are sending any replacements over

i dont know "wat is wit him"

DeeGan
08-11-05, 12:55 PM
Replacements: Braith Anasta for Lockyer with one of either; John Skandalis or Steve Menzies replacing Hindmarsh.

Who knows, Matt Sing may replace Hindmarsh given Hindmarsh replaced Timana Tahu ;)

Is there a need with two games to go? Perhaps not though better to be safe than sorry.

DeeGan

Research Station Drive
08-11-05, 01:45 PM
That's bad news. I feel for the Broncos fans out there. Training and rep game injuries are shattering... this one was both!

I wish Locky all the best for his recovery. Trent Barrett must be the five eight now, I'm tipping him for man of the match in the next game.

Petro Fridgeandafreezer as test captain?? Club coaches shouldn't be coaching rep teams!

Bring on Big Mal...hopefully he's better at rep coaching than politics.

Steelers
08-11-05, 05:31 PM
Unfortunate for Lockyer to miss not only the Tri-Nations, but also the off-season training, which will hinder his start to the season. Barrett will do well as his replacement though. HE WILL SHOW YOU SUPER CRONK :p

Queenslander
08-11-05, 05:33 PM
Barrett will do well as his replacement though. HE WILL SHOW YOU SUPER CRONK :p

The only thing that Barrett has proved this year is that he can get drunk and do push ups at a bar :nope:

Kallan
08-11-05, 05:46 PM
Craig wing has been called into the squad.

http://www.nrl.com/news.cfm?ID=13188

Steelers
08-11-05, 05:51 PM
The only thing that Barrett has proved this year is that he can get drunk and do push ups at a bar :nope:

Have you been watching the same Trent Barrett that I have? He had one of his best ever years in the NRL this year and should of been in all 3 SOO games (unlucky injury forced him out yet again) and he is one of the best 5/8's in the world. He is in the same position as Stuart MacGill... Born in any other era and he is one of the games greats.

Queenslander
08-11-05, 05:54 PM
Have you been watching the same Trent Barrett that I have? He had one of his best ever years in the NRL this year and should of been in all 3 SOO games (unlucky injury forced him out yet again) and he is one of the best 5/8's in the world. He is in the same position as Stuart MacGill... Born in any other era and he is one of the games greats.

Is this the same "great" player that slapped PJ Marsh like a girl? :laugh:

Steelers
08-11-05, 05:56 PM
Is this the same "great" player that slapped PJ Marsh like a girl? :laugh:

If only I had a comeback for that :p He felt (as I do) that he was elbowed in the face and he retaliated.

Super Cronk
08-11-05, 05:58 PM
If only I had a comeback for that :p He felt (as I do) that he was elbowed in the face and he retaliated.

yeah and the columbine school kids were retaliating agianst being bullied...doesnt make what they did right.

Steelers
08-11-05, 06:08 PM
yeah and the columbine school kids were retaliating agianst being bullied...doesnt make what they did right.

I never said that what he did was right, as I said "I wish I had a comeback for that". Plus you can't really compare this incident to the Columbine School incident, can you?

DeeGan
09-11-05, 12:02 AM
I think the problem with the Trent Barrett/PJ Marsh episode was Barrett retaliated when PJ had his back turned Steelers ;)

DeeGan

Super Cronk
09-11-05, 12:04 AM
I never said that what he did was right, as I said "I wish I had a comeback for that". Plus you can't really compare this incident to the Columbine School incident, can you?

wasnt comparing it as such...was using that as an example of 2 wrongs dont make a right.

I just got a sense from your post that you were trying to make an excuse for it ...if that wasnt the case i apologise mate.

Queenslander
09-11-05, 10:33 AM
I think the problem with the Trent Barrett/PJ Marsh episode was Barrett retaliated when PJ had his back turned Steelers ;)

Exactly, if it was a fair fight then i would have a different opinion..........actually i wouldnt, i just dont like Barrett :p

Dakink
09-11-05, 10:56 AM
I wouldnt either losing three SOO's in a row - I fondly remember the night Freddie and Barrett tore QLD apart.

Queenslander
09-11-05, 10:58 AM
I fondly remember the night Freddie and Barrett tore QLD apart.

I dont

Research Station Drive
09-11-05, 03:49 PM
Queenslander - How about Barrett's performance in your state against the Broncos?

He was up there with Bailey and Ryles as the Dragons form player for the last 10 weeks of the season.

Steelers
09-11-05, 05:18 PM
Queenslander - How about Barrett's performance in your state against the Broncos?

I was at that game :D He played amazingly that day!

Teegy
09-11-05, 07:17 PM
The Barrett thing escalted when PJ elbowed Barrett in the face.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Teegy23/barrett2dmarsh1zn.gif

DeeGan
10-11-05, 12:41 AM

He was up there with Bailey and Ryles as the Dragons form player for the last 10 weeks of the season.

Aaahh...

One of the best individual performances at NRL level in 2005 where he outplayed Brisbane's Darren Lockyer.

Luke Bailey was awesome ALL year and any time Jason Ryles is fit he is ranking amongst the best in the game.

Good post.

DeeGan